Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
Teachers Lounge - IMPORTANT NOTICE for !TEACHERS! & students

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:43 am
Teachers Lounge - Teach Talk

Important Notice for Teachers and Students

Current Principal ~ Zabazor

Welcome teachers to your own personalized Teachers Lounge. This thread is designed to help you be at the peak of performance. Here you can talk with other teachers, ask questions about running classes, ask for some help with lessons or activities, the possibilities are limitless.

Rules
~Follow all sub forum rules
~Only teachers, or members who wish to become teachers, may post in this thread.

Last Pay Day - November 13, 2010
Next Pay Day - December 13, 2010

The Principal will post here what the planned date is for teacher pay day. This may vary from month to month, but it will be relatively one month apart. Pay Days are never 100% final, so expect the date to be early or late by a few days.

If you have do not get paid on any specific Pay Day, and you have been teaching a class for more than two months, please post your concern here.

FAQ

~Why did I not get paid this month?
-You may not at least 2 Lesson/Discussion/Assignments posted in your class.
-The payment may be a little late because of a Principal Absence.
-You may not have any new Lessons up for that month, or you may not have any active students.

~How active do I have to be to keep my Class?
-Once every two months.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:46 am
Next Payment Date - April 25  

zabazor
Vice Captain

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm
Paid May 25...

Any comments from staff or students are appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am
Paid June 28  

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

oceantail

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm
could someone with the power to do so read my new Greek mythology class intro and make the changes necessary, I'd prefer it become a guided study if you will, but if that is impossible make whatever changes you must  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 pm
No problem, just needed to ask. Last I knew you were hopeful.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:46 pm
Trades sent 10/5/10
next pay date 11/5/10  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 pm
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!
If any of you are wondering about why you got paid what you were paid, I will be happy to explain it to you personally. You may have noticed that the payments are not based upon the original terms. I have decided to change the gauge. 100g - 1500g. I may raise it if necessary, but I feel this better encompasses all of the aspects of a class, since some things are very short while others can be quite extensive.

I will be editing this change in the rules soon, to make it official. I apologize for the delay. Most of it was because there were so many new teachers.

Important
Now to have a little discussion for the teachers, and students. Over the summer we had our first Semester of Education ever. It was called the Summer Session. In this there was a vague description of prizes and awards that would be given out to students that participated. This was an attempt to bring back some hype to the academy, which is happening regardless. None the less, I would like to continue this idea again. I know it is a little late for a fall semester, and we probably missed the boat on that one, but I need your help. This idea was run by me alone, and I know that didn't work, so I am reaching out to the members. Teachers and students, please read the thread about the Summer session. Then, please begin the discussion in this thread about what went wrong, what could use improvement, prizes, ideas, anything. I would like to bring this back, but I need you.

Teachers!!! You are required to post at least something in her to tell me that you have read the thread. You are getting paid, so think of this as a teachers meeting with students if that makes you feel at all obligated. Anything helps. And you can be negative, constructive criticism is not a bad thing.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

koudelkaW
Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 pm
*wave* I've read 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:20 pm
IDK if I count anymore but I was there during the summer session, although in a passive way. If I may make a suggestion maybe you, could post a thread on the main forum asking people what classes they would like to learn. but that's just an idea, do with it as you will  

oceantail

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:45 am
I like that idea Oceantail. I think I will post that right now. But you could have done that if you wanted to. It is just a discussion topic after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:30 am
zabazor
I like that idea Oceantail. I think I will post that right now. But you could have done that if you wanted to. It is just a discussion topic after all.

The reason I didn't was twofold, one, I hadn't already checked to see if such a thread was already in existence, or a similar thread was tried and failed, secondly there is a difference in rhetoric whether I asked it or you did, If I asked it it might lead people to believe that I am looking to start a class myself, where as if you did it as the principal, it is more of a how do we make the academy fit the wants of the guild.  

oceantail

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:33 pm
Point made, and I think it was a wise choice. But if you ever have an idea in the future, feel free to post it. If you want it to make it sound more official, I can always post in it, or edit the main post with my siggy or something. IDK, it just helps when people are less afraid of posting, it makes for an active guild. But I am glad you had me do it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:17 pm
well I was kind of confused about how the sessions and stuff worked but I did have some stuff I would like to say.

I understand that we all have our own lives but it just seems like some of the classes don't have periodical updates. Like I come back to check on my classes and nothing has changed even though I have done everything I was suppose to do.

Also in the summer session thread you include Greek mythology but that seemed to be inactive for a while so I was kind of wondering why that was considered in the summer session that maybe it should have some how been reactivated and pushed to the next session because it was never really finished out before it died.

Lastly I read the rule when it comes to credits but I don't quite understand. I understand the standard diploma but that seems like the only one you can get. We don't have that many active classes to even reach the advanced diploma. So basically I was thinking that the criteria really should depend on the amount of classes we have when we have so little classes.

I was just a little confused sorry...  

Abbie913

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:47 pm
Pay Day pass - No new payments due to no new lessons/assignments/lectures.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games