Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:50 pm
This is an IM RP between Sweeny_Revenge's Lafayette and Claude, Celestial Requiem's Branwen, and Pippi18848's Lavanya.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 pm
Sweenys_Revenge:
Lafayette was dragged along on another mission of his fathers. Lafayette, however, was learning to be the hunting steed, since Claude was getting too old to do so. And so Lafayette sweated and huffed under the weight of the armor and his rider. His coat was blood stained by the time he reached the clearing with the two other life forms, and he thuroughly hated life. Finally the hot metal came off and he was able to wash off.

Sweenys_Revenge:
"Nenharma is heading back to camp since we didn't catch anything," Claude said gently, taking a sip from the lake. Lafayette didn't miss the accusation in his fathers voice. It stung more than it angered, but he held his tongue. He had long since learned that for all of his father's patience and kindness, his temper was short and flamed brightly over small things like this. He dranks from the river as well. "By the way," the words made Lafayette stiffen and his head pop up from the water. "By the way, I have a job for you." Lafayette tried to ignore the look in his father's eyes.

pippi18848:
Lavanya had been waiting paitently for Claude and Lafayette at the lake. She had something for Lafayette to do, which would help her greatly as at one time he had wished to help her with the evils against her family. Noticing them she smiled and waited for Claude to finish speaking before approaching. "Hello." She said as she lowered her head in a bow.

Celestial Requiem:
While waiting with her aunt, Branwen could hardly keep still. She was both excited and nervous. She loved meeting new Soq but, at the same time, she wanted to make a good impression on the ones she was about to meet. After all, with any luck this other Lava had talked about would help her find a kalona teacher and keep her out of trouble in the process. As the father and son duo approached she stood stock still. Prancing around like a hyper foal wouldn't give the impression she wanted. Stepping up to them with her aunt she gave a small nod and greeted them as well.

Sweenys_Revenge:
Lafayette nearly jumped out of his skin at the sound of Lavanya's voice. He gently settled back into it before he let out his breath again. "You shouldn't sneak up on other's like that, it's not very polite." Claude chuckled from behind Lafayette and bowed his head to his graduated student. "It's a pleasure, as always, Lavanya, to see you again." His bright red eyes slid over to Branwen and his smile faded for a moment, all muscles going onto the defensive. Before him he could see his son doing the same thing. "And who is your friend, my dear," Claude managed in a barely genial tone. There was no way this was Branwen...

pippi18848:
Lavanya watched their reactions as Branwen revealed herself. She herself had once done the same but now she knew better. Branwen was nothing like her sisters and parents. "This is my niece Branwen. My mother raised her..." she paused a moment trying to find something to say as this was making her nervous. Especially seeing as the other two sisters still didn't turn out well even after being raised by her parents. "Branwen, this is Claude and Lafayette." At least she could do introductions but her voice was revealing her nervousness, and she hoped her teacher wouldn't pick up on it.

Celestial Requiem:
Branwen's smile faltered just a bit as she too watched their reactions. But she was used to this and managed to keep the smile on her face, hoping this would somehow ease their discomfort around her. Of course, her own aunt's nervousness wasn't helping much. She knew this was going to be a problem, but a small part of her had hoped they wouldn't notice her horns, hooves and tail. She tried her best to sound as pleasant as ever, but even her own voice hinted at the fear building up in her, "It's nice to meet both of you."

Sweenys_Revenge:
Claude's wound from six other Kalona still smarted and tended to weep from time to time. So he was very cautious jsut now. Not judgmental, and not spiteful, simply careful. He took a few tentative steps forward, both shielding his son and keeping him corraled. "And it's a pleasure to meet you too Branwen. You must forgive us, but from the reputation Kalonas have, there is no reason to blame us." He bowed his head, ignoring the nervousness he heard in Lavanya's voice. Please, he pleaded with Lafayette, as though he could hear his thoughts, please don't open your mouth, please don't say anything... "S-she's a kalona!" Lafayette yelped as he pranced, panicing, in a small circle. "Lavanya! Dad! What are we going to do what are we going to do!?" Claude whipped around to his son and glared, hissing, "-You- are going to fall silent and stay that way little boy." Needless to say Lafayette shut up.

pippi18848:
Lavanya lowered her head in slight shame knowing full well that she should have forewarned them at least who Branwen was. Hearing Lafayette's outburst though she snapped her head back up and glared at him. Luckily Claude yelled at him before she could but it didn't mean she wasn't going to smack him upside the head later. "Branwen, ignore Lafayette for the time being. He's being a moron right now." She snorted irritably as she continued to glare at Lafayette.

Celestial Requiem:
Branwen was about to forgive Claude after his words, glad he at least had the kindness to explain their situation, when Lafayette had his outburst. Her ears went back and the smile disappeared from her face. She hadn't ever gotten quite such a dramatic response to her lineage before. Most of the time it was just cautious glances and unsure words, but prancing in a circle? While it hurt to hear another freak out over her kalona traits, she couldn't help but be just slightly amused by his panicked circling and the smallest of smirks slip back onto her face.

Sweenys_Revenge:
Claude turned from his now meek son and regarded Branwen with another smile. "Give us both time to digest this new information, if you please. Of course, you are welcome in our homes." He bowed his head to her deeply, both in apology and respect. "I also apologize for my son's outburst. I thought I raised him better. I hope you can forgive him." He raised his head again and cleared his throat. "Lavanya, I'm afraid I didn't quite grasp the details of your request. Forgive and old man's mind," he said with a chuckle.

pippi18848:
Lavanya calmed a bit as she watched Branwen handle this with ease. "You do not need forgiving. I should have stressed more who she was exactly so you could have better prepared yourself and Lafayette. I should be the one asking forgiveness." Looking towards Branwen she smiled. "I do hope Lafayette comes around. Branwen is actually really sweet. In comparison to her sisters she's an angel."

Celestial Requiem:
A soft smile finally returned to Branwen's lips at Claude's words. He may not have felt comfortable around her, but he was so polite about it she couldn't help but forgive him completely, "It's alright. It usually takes others a bit to get used to it." As she glanced back at Lafayette, she couldn't help but wonder if this would cause problems with their plans. If he was so startled by her, would he really want to help? These thoughts were dashed from her mind quite quickly as she aunt complimented her, making her blush slightly and hide bashfully behind her mane.

Sweenys_Revenge:
Claude chuckled at Branwens blush. "And humble too. Well, there's nothing to forgive, my dear. Simple miscommunications, it happens all the time." Lafayette poked his head up from behind his father and regarded Branwen with a sort of tentative curiousity. His wide eyes were not unlike that of a foal, nor was his demeanor. He cocked his head to the side and he took a few steps towards Branwen. Claude allowed the small advance, but kept his eyes trained on Lafayette. He raised him, and he knew how unpredictable he could be.

pippi18848:
Lavanya turned back towards Claude and smiled. "I still should have forewarned you, especially knowing Lafayette. Though, admittedly he was amusing." She walked over to Lafayette and smacked him gently with her wing. "You know how you said you wanted to help me?"

Celestial Requiem:
Claude's comment made her blush even more and quickly she shook her head, trying to shake off this bashfulness. Now that the initial shock had worn off and she had shown that she wasn't a threat she didn't have to be so meek. After a short moment to get over her embarrassment she looked back up at the two stallions in front of her and gave a little grin as her aunt teased Lafayette, "You were pretty funny to watch." She admitted sheepishly, hoping this wouldn't offend him.

Sweenys_Revenge:
Lafayette snapped out of his observation of Branwen when Lavanya hit him. "Hey, could you, just for a day, not abuse me?" Claude laughed another one of his full body laughs and drapped a wing over his son. "Now then m'boy! What doesn't kill you and all that, right!!" Lafayette's head fell more and he muttered, "Why do I not like the way this is being set up?"

pippi18848:
Lavanya couldn't help but laugh. "If you're going to help me you need to get used to the abuse. My sister isn't the nicest things around you know." She snorted as she thought of Neva, but quickly shook those thoughts away for now. "Perhaps I should let Branwen explain. And if you throw a fit at what she's going to ask I will personally make sure you hurt for days." She glared as she warned, now allowing Branwen to make a start at what she wanted.

Celestial Requiem:
Branwen watched the interaction between the three of them with amusement, her ears perking up as she aunt mentioned her giving her request. She looked to Lafayette but then glanced off to the side, feeling awkward as she tried to find the right way to ask, "Oh, well....I uh...I was hoping to find someone who can teach me the kalona ways..." She was certain this request would make them question her again. If she was such an angel then why would she want to find a kalona teacher, right? She added on to her comment, hoping it would stop those thoughts, "But I'm not comfortable going on my own." The whole time she refused to look at Lafayette, worried about his response.

Sweenys_Revenge:
Father and son exchanged looks. Some kind of conversation transpired in the silent seconds and an understanding was reached, however. Lafayette nodded gently and cleared his throat. Claude prayed that he would please -please- use just a pinch of the eloquence he'd tried to teach him. "I suppose... it's only natural for you to want to know of your own kind... but... I can't exactly teach your what to do, nor could my father... I'm not sure I understand..." Claude interjected, "you want to seek out Kalonas and conduct a sort of interview, correct?"

pippi18848:
Lavanya watched Lafayette as Branwen spoke. "It was my mother's idea. She didn't want Branwen to shun her kalona side without learning about it. And, well. I think she's right. She would be better prepared to defend herself against her sisters if she knew more about the kalonas. Especially seeing as Shula has been taught by a kalona. Deception I believe is his name." While she wasn't fond of her other nieces, she did like Branwen and wanted her to be able to protect herself as she herself couldn't always be there for her.

Celestial Requiem:
"Ah, yes...that's what I meant." Branwen sighed softly at her horrible job of an explanation. The whole situation was just a bit nerve-wracking for her. She wanted this to go smoothly so she could keep her promise to her grandmother and seek out a teacher with a guardian by her side. But as things seemed to be going at the moment, she felt that smoothly wasn't exactly the way to describe this meeting. The thought of her sisters made the slightly hopeless feeling nagging at her stronger. They were both already so ahead of her in this department. Would finding a teacher even be worth it at this point? Once again her smile faltered and she tucked her wings tightly against herself as she thought of this, seemingly forgetting there were others around to see her subtle little movements.

Sweenys_Revenge:
All of Claude's muscles tightened at Deceptions name and he growled a little deep in his throat. "Lafayette, I love you very much, and I may very well only say this once or twice in your whole life. Right now, I don't give a damn what you think or what you feel. Do as I say." Lafayette's ears were pinned to his skull as Claude's eyes grew darker and darker. "You -will- help this young lady, and Decpetion will -not- harm another innocent life. Do you hear me?" He looked back at Lafayette with blazing eyes and Lafayette shrank even more. Claude's eyes soften almost instantly and his frame went limp. "My boy... my darling baby boy. Please, I need to you be strong for me." Lafayette opened and closed his mouth before he finally nodded. "I'll do it," he finally affirmed. "I'll do it for my father, if for mothing else."

pippi18848:
Lavanya stepped back slightly as Claude pretty much demanded that Lafayette help. Even she hadn't seen him quite like this. Perhaps mentioning Deception's name was a bit much, but, it did get her niece the protector she needed. "It would mean a lot to me if you helped her. And you have mentioned time and again that you wanted to help me out. I know I kind of sprung it upon you, and for that I apologize. This one of the three I do care about, and I hope maybe at some point you'll see her for her true self and not just her kalona half." She looked at Branwen and smiled. "You will have a lovely knight helping you along. And if he gives you any problems at all, let me know. I could beat some sense into him." Looking back at Claude she gave him a smaller smile. "Thank you."

Celestial Requiem:
Claude's dramatic response startled Branwen and cause her to do the same as her aunt, taking a wary step back. She hadn't expected such a strong reaction from such a seemingly calm stallion and the change in his expression was just a bit frightening. She was glad, however, that he essentially demanded that Lafayette help her. It was comforting to know that she wouldn't be alone on her search, though she would rather Lafayette didn't have to be ordered to do this. With any luck, her aunt's words would come true and he would see that she wasn't as bad as the kalona reputation made her out to be. She gave a smile as Lavanya addressed her and nodded slightly before turning back to the stallions and bowing her head, "Thank you so much. I appreciate it more than I can express."

Sweenys_Revenge:
Lafayette and his father had another unspoken agreement and finally they broke eye contact. "I'm sorry for my outburst, it was most imporopper. Perhaps, oneday when you are all old as I am I will tell you why I did such a thing, but for now... I think this family has expirienced quite enough dramaturgy for one day. Lavanya, Branwen, our home is just over the hill. Would you two mind staying, I hate to think of you two out at a time like this."

pippi18848:
The mare nodded as she thought over about what he said. One day she would find out, probably well before Branwen but either way she'd find out. It made her curious but she knew better than to ask at this point in time. "We would love to stay with you for now. It would give the two of them a chance to get to know each other before heading out."

Celestial Requiem:
Branwen was endlessly pleased with how this turned out, in spite of its uncertain beginnings. She had a knight to help her in her search for a teacher and it would seem that Claude trusted her enough to have her in his home. She doubted he really trusted her completely, but she didn't ask that of anyone on their first meeting, just a little bit of trust was enough for her. With a soft nod she smiled, determined now to show Lafayette that she wasn't someone to be concerned with and hopeful for the future.  

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas