Over MSN
Claude had been watching his daughter progress into an increasingly beautiful young mare. and with each passing day, with every muscle that became harder and more tones on her, he fell even more in love with her. Nadia, his only little girl... it seemed that she could do no wrong. He smiled again, for perhaps the hundreth time that day, as he thought of his small family. He was indeed lucky.
Lucky to have a mate that stayed with him when he was an idiot and t k her for granted. Lucky to have three beautiful babies, no matter how much of a ride they t k him for. Speak of ride, he recalled with yet another smile, it seemed his daughter and son t k him for a f l. Not that he minded, he encouraged thier little schemes so long as no one got hurt. Muscles like Nadia's didn't just
develop overnight. They were trained and honed. Seeing what she had to potential to be mad his heart ache with regret that he may have been a touch softer on her than his boys. Oh, who was he kidding, he barely trained her at all. L king back to winced at how dangerous that was for her. She had no idea how to fight, what if she got into trouble. Lucky for him -- and for her as well --
Lafayette and Arthur had taken over her training. He'd very much enjoyed watching her grow, though felt he had no place stepping in at all.
Of course, as it were, in his musings he had gotten lost and truly had no idea where he was going. L king around nothign l ked familiar to him, and it sent every nerve he had in edge.
[d]
Luna~ says:
( brb)
(BAck sorry)
Did I Leave the Gas On? says:
No big love!
Luna~ says:
Nadia was spending time with the 'gang'. It was strange now, to be older and callingit a gang really, since they weren't hoodlums. But oh well. She liked being the only girl around. But her time was starting to end, so she had to say her goodbyes, and decided to take the 'short cut' back to the lake. Her bells jingled, as she pranced about happily. The hair pulling at the feather on her head.
Claude was not a very dense stallion, but he was very hard headed. That is to say that when he got an idea in his head that was the one, unfailing, and ultimate truth. Right now that truth was that he needed to be going north. Unfortunatley for him North was headed right into the heart of a particularly nasty Kalona circle. Claude didn't know that until he was already surrounded. Diplomacy
failed him, as it often did, and he braced himself for a, potetntially deadly onslaught. If idie, though, it was my own damn fault, he thought angrily to himself.
Luna~ says:
Nadia heard the chatter as she was heading by. She happen to run into the Kalona of the area a few times. They weren't to nice at all. But it sounded like they had found something, and she decided it would be best to skitter of quickly, but through the buushes she was able to see her father's colors. She blinked a couple times, and she was able to hear his voice.. She moved quickly, her hoofs
beating the ground, as she emerged from the bush to see, getting herself in the middle of hte circle. And unlucky for her, the kalona were ones she hadn't actually met before.Did I Leave the Gas On? says:
Claude's head whipped to the side and his pupils dilated to impossible sizes. He'd always been very proud of his abiulity to keep a c l head through pretty much any fight. It was a hard honed skill, but it was well worth it, and somethign he ahd tried to instill in his sons. but between the flash of his daughter and the snap of jaws before her all the discipline in the world couldn't hold back
Luna~:
Nadia would easily get overwhelmed if more then 2 Kalona came at her. Luckily, they circled around, so it wouldn't be to hard. She used her speed at het first run to turn around and kick one, to knock him back. And she used her body to slam into the other.
The shock in claude's muscles dissipated with the crack of bone he did not cause. He forced the tunnel vision away and sh k away the instictual, territoral snarl that threatened to rip through him. Right not all that really mattered was that he get Nadia as far away from the demons as possible. Blowing up dust into the eyes of several opponents he considered his options. The kalonas all had
wings, so flying away would be as futile as trying to outrun them at that moment. "Strike to eound Nadia," he repeated, already knowign that she knew what to do. Still, it was the act of speaking -something- that may help that calmed his nerves as his h f cracked into the side of a skull.
Luna~ says:
It had gotten mucky, and fast. She reared up on her front legs, and kicked the one she slamed into in the wings, which caused him to draw back. Looking around the others had closed in. there were 6 all together. Bucking around, for standing still would have been dangerous, She head butted another before starting to kick around.
Six... that meant three for him and thee for Nadia. He could take on three in his younger days, and he had no idea how well Nadia fought. Muscle was pretty, but you can have it and not know how to use it. Thus far he had no complaints. Still, it didn't keep half his attention from battling down tunnel vision and hot headedness. Maybe I could take on four, he thought to himself, snapping at a
wing that got t close. That would leave only two for Nadia, and those odd suited him far better. However, as it would seem, his creaking body had other plans and sweat s n adorned his flanks and brow. Four was so far out of the question that it was almost laughable. Thrree would be no picnic either. He snuck a glance at his daughter, chasing the lapse in attention for just a moment to check
up on her.
Luna~ says:
Nadia had gotten one down. And she was working on tackling the other that had come after her. She kicked at him again. Her strong legs cutting him open and knocking him down. She didn't hesitate when she ran after another one, her speed was part of her force, and she slammed into the third. All her running finally paid off. She would glance only slightly at her father. He was working hard, but
he was to busy looking at her, that he would end up getting hurt if he didn;t pay attention to what was going on in front of him. Did I Leave the Gas On? says:
And hurt he was. That split second he t k to check on Nadia, the only reason he had survived this long, the very center of his entrire being, was the split second a kalona had deemed necessary to charge at his jeg, tearing it open a healthy amount. the pain hit almost a full moment later, and in his fashion he did not cry out in pain, but in resistence, tearing his limb from the beat and taking
it down. It was the only one he'd been able to defeat. The two left l ked very unhappy and he limped back a few steps.
Luna~ says:
Nadia had missed the injury done to her father. She was to busy, stomping on the kalona's head. When she looked back she saw her dad starting to struggle. She herself was getting tired, but she was younger them him. She had been kicked, and bit. She moved forward to stand next to her father and she snarled. Before dashing forward to attack the closest one, ripping at it's wing, and kicking it.
"Nadia, we can out run two," he huffed, doing his best to pull his weight in the fight. Really, he meant she could out run them. But there was no way she'd leave her old man... she was far t g d. Another pang of regret that he hadn't trained her more in her youth so that he might take credit in her triumph before him. The sight of death around him repulsed him a little bit, as well as the
near imobilizing pain in his flank. "But we'd need to start running now."
Luna~ says:
"You go ahead papa." she said sternly. It was liek she had become someone different. She loved her father very much, regardless of him not training her. She got that feirce love from her moma. She had an aura of flames around her, and she yanked on the horn of one of the kalona twisting and pulling him onto the ground. Yes two left, that wouldn't make it from this small clearing. She hadn't
killed any of the ones she attacked though. Just severly injured them, because if she killed them it would make her and the family a target from the rest of their clan. And wasn't keen on killing. Did I Leave the Gas On? says:
(Oops, the stomping on skull threw me for a l p, sorry love)
Claude chuckled and beat his wings a few times and tossed his mane. "I'm not leaving my baby girl here," he said grabbing hold of a wing and breaking it, tossing his bearer aside. "No force on earth or in hell can make me do that." He winked breifly and felt teeth grazing at his already bl dy wound. He grunted so as not to cry out
as exposed and sensitive nerves were irritated. The one with the battered wing had come back with avengence, and Claude was busy head butting the side of the one attacking his daughter.
Luna~ says:
She snarled as the one she was fighting had gone down with her fathers help. "papa.. You're hurt. Moma would never forgive either of us!" She was getting more tired, and felt herself dragging a little. But still in a better shape them her dad. She was limping now, and she wish she could just hurl her body at the last one standing, but she couldn't. And it had gone after her father again
Claude regarded the stallion which already had trouble standing. "Leave him love. He has a gimp wing, he can do us no harm." He l ked back at his wound and winced. It was worse than he thought. Yes, they were both in for an ear ful. But, there were more important matters to attend to. "Your brother and Arthur both taught you very well," he said with a smile, turning his back on the stallion
as he went about tending his fallen hearmates.
Luna~ says:
Nadia growled and walked backwards for a few steps before turning back around and walking with her father. "So..you knew?" She looked over at him. He was really hurt. But she wouldn't fuss over it. It would heal with the proper care, and as they walked by, she grabbed and aloe leaf, and she placed it on the wound. "It'll sting..."
Claude's leg jerked a considerable amount, but he got over it. It was his own stupid fault anyway. "Of course I knew. I'm your father, you two can't sneak around without me knowing." He smiled and shrugged. "I saw how hard he was being on you, and I knew that I couldn't do it. I wouldn't. It was better for both of us if Lafayette and Aruthur trained you. That means the credit of that
spectacular show back there goes to those two." He smiled again, softer this time. "I'm sorry I was so soft on you. I see now that I was. I am proud of you Nadia. Because of the mare you have be come, and because of the fighter you have become."
[d]
Luna~ says:
Nadia looked over at him. He was getting sentamental. Next would come the preening. She rolled her eyes some. "I understand now, why you were. I'll always be your little princess. " She smiled at him. She limped away and worked on fixing her tail. "But it was from you I got this drive."
Claude laughed hartiuly despite the pain his his flank, tossing his head back in his fashion. "That you did my little princess! Even I was a bit frightened of you my love!" Indeed, he did preen her mane just a touch. But she was getting older, he knew that he had to stop. he stepped back and considered her for a long moment. So much of her mother it almost hurt him. He spent countless hours
trying to decipher the code in his children's eyes. For Lafayette, as a small boy, he was impossibly close to his mother. he always seemed to ask, "Then what's your part in his old man?" For Chevalier he was always asking "How can I help?" Nadia, even today, he didn't quite have figured out. He would, someday... but not this one. "Come, your mother will be upset enough, we don't need to
arrive after sundown.
Luna~ says:
She smiled some ar him and nodded, turning to get back onto the path. "I don't want to hear moma complain..." She shook her head some. She walked slow with her dad. He dad was so simple to read.