._kitten's Raevan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It felt like they hadn't been able to go shopping in quite a while. Henry had become busy with work now that summer was here; kids being out and about, getting themselves hurt -- all the sports and general outings. The children were his work, however, being in pediatrics. He always hated seeing them cry, but he was good at making them feel better; that's what made the job worth it.

Ethiriel had been spending most of her time in her sunroom, tending to her plants when not out with Cesc or babysitting Aina. The almost constant sunlight was helping her emotions quite a bit and for the first time in forever, she felt like she was in a good place.

"See anything you like?" Henry asked as they entered the pawn shop. The two b-lined for the jewelry, searching for new, tarnished silver for the Frei. She didn't see any silver pieces in this shop and she politely shook her head.

Upon exiting, they bumped into another person -- which both Henry and Ethiriel offered immediate apologies.

Revontulet turned her face to the sun, lashed closing over her bright eyes as she took a pause to enjoy the late summer weather. The breeze that tossed her hair about her shoulders tickled her wings and brought a smile to her lips.

Things had been difficult as of late, but finally, much like the sun today, things were brightening. After months of panic over her stability, and fear of burdening her pregnant guardian, she was so happy to simply exist again without such a weight on the family’s shoulders.

In celebration of Keegan’s first birthday coming up, Ren had decided to make both her baby brother and the red head a little gift. Unsure just what she wanted to make, the solution had been to go antiquing or to hunt down a flea market in hopes of something simply calling out to her.

Lost in her thoughts, it was certainly her own fault for running into the two exiting the shop, but they were quick to apologize. “No, it’s not your fault,” she said, shaking her head before pausing upon the elven frei. She looked…very familiar.

Henry was quick to laugh off the incident, especially after seeing that it was another Frei like Ethiriel. "Are you okay?" he asked, gently reaching out an arm to hover over Ren's shoulder -- though he was careful to wait for permission to touch. "Here, let's move out of the entryway."

Ren, to Ethiriel, had a cold scent to her, both in soul and essence. She couldn't quite place it, causing her brows to furrow just for a moment before she was led away.

With a small but warm smile, her gaze flickering to Henry as she replied to him, “Oh, yes! Absolutely. It’s difficult to hurt me.

Weird comment of the day winner.

And don’t worry about it. I actually came here yesterday and they didn’t really have what I was looking for, so I’m trying out a few other places.

Revontulet moved her eyes back to the frei, her mind spinning as she tried to place her before a light bulb went off. The other had been with Cruz at the Christmas party. When Henry assisted in moving her to the side, she remembered the crocodile mentioning the other’s sight.

Not wanting to be completely rude and simply blurt out these recollections, Ren sort of hovered along as the two moved to the side as if she’d tied on an invisible tether. “I’m Revontulet. But you can call me Ren, it’s easier.

"That's great, glad to hear it!" Henry exclaimed. The nurse gave Ren a warm smile before retracting his hand and placing it on Ethiriel's arm.

"What a shame; they did not have what we were searching for, either. It is wonderful to meet you, Lady Revontulet." The silvery Frei's words were accompanied by a bow.

Henry pulled his arm out from Ethiriel's as she reached out for the moonstone, and she gently gave her a peck to each cheek.

Ren’s cheeks flushed a pale rose as the frei bowed and addressed her so formally. Had she missed a memo?

In an attempt to regain herself, the moonstone reached back for the girl as she moved forward, but was once again surprised by the other’s actions. She hoped Eth was not the type to be sensitive to temperatures, for her cheeks were cool even now in the sun.

It’s ah…my pleasure, Revontulet recovered with a laugh. “What are you looking for?

Even with Ren's cooler skin, the warmth of the day was enough to even the temperatures out for the silver Frei. She pulled away with a gentle smile. Her hands slid down to Ren's shoulders, arms and then down to her hands before pulling away.

"Silver!" Henry chimed, immediately reaching for Eth's hand to pull her closer and to give her ground. "Ethiriel here eats tarnish and rust, so we're looking for food!"

"Antiquing is the equivilent of... fast food, I would suppose."

Ethiriel’s hands were given a gentle squeeze, and despite herself, Ren smiled brightly at her. “Ah, interesting! I am also going antiquing. I heard of a great flea market for this weekend that I was going to look in on. We could go together? I heard much of it is an old woman’s estate, so there should be plenty of tarnish and rust.

Ren’s wings lofted high upon her back with interest, the green petals fanning out like stained glass and catching the light. The frei had had very little interaction with others, especially of her kind, for almost a year. She certainly hoped these two would take the invitation.

The gentle squeeze put a light smile on Ethiriel's face, but her gaze vaguely turned to Henry as he spoke.

"Oh, that sounds awesome! I'd love to go; wouldn't you, Ethiriel?"

The Frei nodded, turning her attention back to Ren. "It sounds wonderful."

Henry chuckled, "I suppose that settles that!"

Revontulet’s wide smile rounded the apples of her cheeks at their response and she motioned with her hand in the direction she’d originally been going. “I’m happy to have company!

Showing the way, and careful not to run into anymore shop patrons, Ren turned her head to Eth and Henry. “You are friends with Cruz, correct?” The question was for the frei, but her gaze lingered between the two of them, cautious not to leave out the man.

Henry wrapped his arm around Ethiriel's once more and followed closely behind. He was just about to speak, but Ethiriel chimed in before him.

"We are pleased to be your company."

The nurse smiled.

The Frei's gaze drifted to the sky, though even that was nothing but black in her vision. She smiled at the thought of her friend and nodded. "He is a dear friend, yes. I take it that you are friends with him, as well?"

The ombre toned head tilted back and forth for a moment, bordering on bobble head, before shaking in a final no. “I would hope one day to call Cruz a friend, but I am not sure we are there yet,” Ren confessed.

How does one define a friend though? The moonstone had enjoyed the times she had spent with Cruz, though they were few and far between, and she would likely not have an issue going to him with a problem if she felt he could help her. Being friendly did not automatically equal being friends.

Are you friends with many other raevan?

"I'm sure that Sir Cruz could easily consider you a friend; fear not," the brunette Raevan smiled. The croc was far too friendly and open to not, in her eyes. They had become friends nearly instantly upon their first meeting. "As for others, yes. There are only a few that I see regularly, but I like to consider them friends. Sir Cruz, Rhedefre and Miss Aina, closely. I know a few others, however."

Thank you,” Ren said with great sincerity.

Cesc’s name was recognized after a moment, though it took some searching to remember his given name and not the one he so readily went by, but she did not recognize the last. “Aina?

I also have some few friends I see regularly. Do you know Luka or Tatiana?

"Yes! Aina's relatively young -- I'm not sure she's seen many people."

Ethiriel turned to Henry, then back to Ren. She gave a small nod to the ombre haired Raevan's question. "I am more familiar with Luka, but I have met Lady Tatiana before. I have not spoken to Tatiana in some time, though. How is she doing?"

A new raeven! How nice! Revontulet loved to meet new frei, and if Aina was friends with Cruz and Eth, then there was a good chance she would also be enjoyable company.

Not that Ren had actually met any raevens she didn’t like yet…

Tati is good. I call her my sister, but our parents have not yet married so I suppose that is premature. Lately she is trying to dress me in all kinds of weird outfits, but I am trying very hard to stop her! The aurora’s style simply didn’t mesh with the hamsa’s.

Parent? Ethiriel's expression didn't falter, but the idea confused her. She never saw Henry or Leo as parents and she couldn't wrap her mind around it. However, she knew that everyone had their own ideas and values, so this was just something she didn't share with Ren.

"Congratulations to your guardians: that is wonderful news. I have met Sir Troxel, but that was before Tatiana had come to be. He is well, also?"

Guardian had always struck Ren as a very strange term for what Doucette provided to her, though if pressed she would not have confessed to loving the word parent either. Apparently no one had come up with a better term for “care giver to test-tube-magical-being”.

Yes, he is very well. I think Doe and Trox are pretty stressed with little Keegan, but now that he’s walking I think things will calm down quite a bit now.

As they chatted, the trio came upon the flea market Ren had mentioned. Bigger than a garage sale, but not as intimidating as the acres of stalls some were composed of, it looked like there would be plenty for the group to browse.

"Wonderful," Ethiriel said with a smile. While he never really crossed the Frei's mind, it was good to hear that the group was well. She had never experienced a baby so she wasn't exactly sure how to compare, but it seemed the family was fine.

Henry, while listening, had his attention on their surroundings as to not bump into anything or get led astray. His grin was large as he eyed all the wares.

"Sorry to interrupt; do you see any silver, Ethiriel?"

The Frei searched around at Henry's question and immediately she eyed silver on a few different tables. She could see the tarnish and her run thrummed hungrily. "Yes. What is it that you are looking for, Lady Revontulet?"

Revontulet couldn’t stop the surprise from registering on her face as Henry asked if Eth could see any silver around. Would it be rude to ask more? The aurora was rather naturally inquisitive, and the development was rather interesting, but she hated rudeness above everything.

What?

Ethiriel’s voice distracted her surprise, but she’d missed the majority of the question. Well, maybe she could wing it? “I’m looking for some baubles to use for a hairpin for Doucette, and something else, though I’m not sure what yet, to give to Keegan for his first birthday.

The silver Frei smiled at Ren's sentiments -- she had personally never bought anyone a gift, but it was always shrugged off with her blindness.

With a gentle hum, Ethiriel said, "That sounds wonderful. I do hope you find something good for them."

Henry smiled as well, loosening his grip on the tea girl as she reached out to loop her arm around Ren's. He never thought anything of her physical contact with others and, to be honest, neither did the Frei.

I hope so too. Doe has crazy hair, so I’m not sure a hairpin is the best idea. I’m just hoping that it will help! But I have no idea what to get Keegan…

Ren’s gaze swept over a few of the surrounding trinkets, hoping something would jump out at her, but was happily distracted when the tea frei looped her arm into hers. Tucking Eth’s arm close, she pointed to a table with a sizable amount of silver on it. “Does any of that look good?

With any luck they’d both find something at the same table.

"I am sure the gesture in itself would be appreciated."

The Frei happily tucked her arm closer to Ren's as they examined the table. There were plenty of silver pieces; pendants, chains and many more -- all of which were tarnished and quite appetizing to Ethiriel. "It all looks wonderful. Some of this is not solid silver, but there is enough to feed on. Is there anything here you would like cleaned for yourself?"

Not entirely aware of how Eth’s feeding process went, she shook her head. “I don’t want to take anything that would be best for you! You have first dibs! I wouldn’t want anyone eating my patch of moonlight,” she joked with a laugh. Thankfully her food source was only limited by clouds and new moons, but even then, there were other options.

Despite herself though, Ren couldn’t help but scan the items before them, trying to be quick. Frustration had started to take root in her search and she might not be above begging if it was the piece she thought she needed to complete her project.

Ethiriel chuckled and reached forward with her free arm, daintily picking up a chain with her hand and rubbed it between her thumb and forefinger. Her rune thrummed contently as she examined it closer.

"I can soak the silver in for a better meal, but I am fine with tarnish for now. Please, do pick something that you find lovely and I can clean it for you."

Revontulet breathed in a small gasp of interest at the power. Nothing of much interest happened when she fed, except glowing, and even that was at a constant low throughout the day.

Turning her gaze back to the table, the aurora’s eyes fell upon a small trinket, half hidden away behind a few other things. A small doe with painted blue eyes and white painted dots upon its back would be perfect to meld onto a hair pin for the delicate Doucette! It was looking a little shabby chic at the moment, but according to Eth that wouldn’t be a problem for long.

How about this one?” she asked, reaching out and plucking the little thing from the pile.

Ethiriel had bundled the chain in the palm of her hand by the time Ren had found her own little treasure. A doe... while female, it made her briefly think of Cesc and a fond smile met her eyes before she brought herself back into the present. "It is precious," she said, putting down the chain to take the pendant.

Once it was in her hand, she momentarily removed her arm from around Ren's and gently rubbed her fingers around the silver trinket. After a few silent moments, Ethiriel's rune glowed just a tad brighter and the silver pin was clean. Ethiriel handed it back to the aurora Frei with a gentle smile.

With utter delight Ren accepted the now shining little deer back from Eth. “That’s really amazing! Thank you so much Ethiriel, I really appreciate it.

The aurora turned the small trinket over in her hands, her smile growing on her lips as she did so. She knew how much Doucette would love the item, even if it wouldn’t make any difference in her hair, and Ren loved that there was a story to it to. Stories made everything more interesting.

How many of these would you have to clean to feel full?” she asked, curiously, with a tilt of her head.

The smile that graced Ethiriel's lips grew and she gave a small bow of her head at Ren's thanks. She then reached down and picked up a new silver piece, turning it over in her fingers as her arm wove back into the moonstone's. "That depends on my hunger. As of right now, I do not hunger as much as I had fed prior to coming out. Perhaps another small amount and I would be pleased -- the rest is saved for later."

Revontulet nodded along with interest, tucking the frei’s arm back close to her as she listened. “I can’t measure how much I eat like you can. Items and sizes and things like this. Sorry if it was weird of me to ask.

The girl’s recent feeding debacle was fresh on her mind, and though Ren kept her tone light, her expression was not as cheerful. “It’s nice too that you can save it for later. If there’s a new moon, I can feed off the sun if I am really hungry, but it tastes awful!

"It is quite alright," Ethiriel said with a chuckle. She returned her gaze to the silver piece in her hand.

Her own interest peaked as Ren described her own feeding, her brows raised. It was similar to how Rhedefre fed, yet different, and it was always an interesting thing to her.

While she couldn't see any of Ren despite her light palette, Ethiriel looked to the other fair Raevan. "I can use the sun as a "snack" of sorts. My soul is a tea plant, so it nourishes me when I have nothing else... Though most of my time lately has been spent in my sunroom on bright days, so I'm mildly content at most times."

A wrinkle of her nose was given, though playfully, as she squeezed Eth’s arm. “A sun-eater?! How awful,” Ren said, though she laughed to ensure Eth knew she said it all in jest.

I am aurora and moonstone, so the moon is better for me. It has a better…taste?” Certainly Ethiriel would understand that feeding did not so much have a taste like human food did, but different feedings had different feelings that could almost be associated with the word. “But of course nothing can beat the aurora.

The silvery Frei laughed along with Ren, a hearty laugh that she had never felt before, making Henry perk back up with a grin -- though he continued to sit back and let the girls have their fun.

"What a wonderful combination; I bet you are beautiful."

Ethiriel understood immediately -- silver and tarnish gave her the most energy, sun and water kept her content. She couldn't imagine relying on the time of day to feed, however... it must have been difficult.

"I am something called 'unoxidized silver' and a tea plant. My silver cannot break, bend or melt... so that makes me pretty indestructable, doesn't it?" Ethiriel chuckled.

Thank you, but I promise am very plain in comparison to you,” Ren said honestly, her eyes taking in all the little oddities and interests that made the tea frei unique and interesting. With her wings folded and a long dress to hide her ribbon, Ren looked like any human with a wild hairdo.

Revontulet’s lips formed at little ‘o’ at the other’s indestructible nature. It must come in handy! “My moonstone gives me some tough skin, but I’m nowhere near diamond strength, and even that sounds less impressive than unoxidized silver. I feel sorry for anyone who goes against you.

A small hum escaped Ethiriel's throat at Ren's compliment. "I would not say that... I may not know what you nor I look like, but I am sure you are beautiful in your own way."

Henry smiled again.

"Fortunately," she continued, "I do not have a fighter's bone in me, so there will be no going against."

I have learned that one does not need to be a fighter to have someone go against them, unfortunately. But I am glad that if you are not a fighter then at least you are a survivor.

Still looking for some item for Keegan, Ren turned Eth away from the table slowly, so she’d know the intention, and begin looking at other stalls and sales. What exactly did one buy for a one year old?!

Nodding, Ethiriel floated alongside Ren as she pulled away from the table without question. Behind them, Henry was quick to buy as much silver from the stall as he could before catching up.

"So far I have not encountered strife too great for me to handle. I have been at my lowest... but here I am, back at the top." Ethiriel smiled, bringing her free arm up to rest lightly on Ren's upper arm. The two looked like they could have known each other for years.

Revontulet found herself nodding along with the other frei. She could understand exactly where she was coming from. Not even a year ago she’d melted all the colors off herself, after all! They could be proud of themselves for making it back to a stable position for the both of them.

I am certainly glad to hear that you are doing well. I would be unhappy to hear my new friend was not her best!” The moonstone gave a gentle squeeze of the other’s arm and a smile when suddenly she let out a soft gasp, her attention caught by a stall.

It’s perfect!” Ren breathed, steering the tea frei gently to where a little wooden airplane with a tarnished silver propeller sat. “Keegan will love this…

New friend... Ethiriel quite liked the sound of that. She smiled in response, giving Revontulet a small nod.

"Oh," she chirped, keeping her gaze forward. "I am glad you found something afterall!"

Lifting the little toy, Ren held it out for Eth to touch, if she’d be interested. “It’s a little toy plane. Looks like it could have belonged to someone for a few families because it’s a bit old. Keegan will probably drool all over it, but it seems sturdy enough!

Taking Ren's invitation, the tea Frei reached for the toy and ran her finger along its wings. It had a nice texture -- good and warn. She nodded.

"Is he too young to be playing with these kinds of toys?"

Not that Ethiriel really knew the difference in age.

To be fair, Ren was not exactly what one would call an expert on what children should or should not be playing with, but this item seemed, at least, devoid of anything sharp or immediately breakable.

Perhaps he will grow into it more than it will be suitable for him currently,” she replied hesitantly. After all, if she could get him a gift he could continue to use, wouldn’t that mean she didn’t have to get him another one next year?

"He is lucky to have someone such as yourself to care for him," she smiled, gently giving Ren a pat on her arm. "Even if he cannot play with it now, he will enjoy it someday."

I appreciate that,” she said, her colors glowing a bit brighter with contentment at the compliment. “Doucette will throw him a fantastical party. This is very little in comparison to that…

Revontulet turned to look over her shoulder at Henry, smiling between the both of them. “I am not sure I could extend such an offer, since it is not my party, but if you would like to come, I am sure you will love to meet Keegan.

Henry, in response, beamed brighter as he hung back -- though he did give a tiny wave.

"I could not impose, but I do appreciate the invitation by proxy. Maybe next time?" Ethiriel said, glancing toward Ren. She had never met a baby before... that would definitely be an interesting experience; but maybe for another day.

Ren gave a little nod in response, somewhat dismayed that they were not interested in joining, but deciding it was best not to push too hard. After all, she couldn’t guarantee that Doucette would be pleased that there were other frei drifting about at her one-year old’s birthday party.

Certainly! You can come any time. Doucette would like you so much, I can already tell. And you said you already met Tati?

Ethiriel nodded. "Yes, we have met briefly. Similar circumstances and ours, actually. She was quite kind."

It wasn't that Ethiriel didn't want to go, but the child was, indeed, not Ren's and while invited, she didn't want to be rude to the guardians. Maybe upon meeting Doucette, things would be different.

Pale wings fluttered lightly, proud that her ‘little sister’ was making good impressions with others. Not that she had any reason to be overly concerned, of course.

Then, sadly, speaking of family I should probably return to them. I promised Doucette I would not be out abusively late.” Ren’s look was apologetic despite knowing Eth couldn’t see it.

Ethiriel gave another nod in response, lightly removing her arm from around Ren's. With a smile, she said, "Then I shall not hinder you. It was a pleasure meeting with you, Lady Revontulet. Hopefully we shall meet again soon."

Overhearing, Henry quickened his pace to match the two, and in one quick movement his arm wrapped around Ethiriel's other.

"It was really nice meeting you, Revontulet! Sorry you have to go so soon!"

The pleasure was mine,” Ren replied, compelled to imitate the other girl’s overly polite and flowery speech.

And it was great to meet you too Henry. I hope you both have a great rest of your day. Thank you so much for shopping with me today!

Leaving Eth with an affectionate squeeze of her hand before Henry took her back, and with a little wave for Henry’s sake, she set off towards home.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

[Gone Fishing]
Who: Revontulet and Xiu

I love my new fish! Xiu is a very kind Raevan; I hope Doucette sees it that way too..

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 am

Ren tries to decide what she wants to name her new companion.

--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff