[ORP] Play the Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloody Anubis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm
User Image

Ashiki was practicing, and not just for anything. This training would be essential to her development in the pride, should she have any chance of surviving.

Her parents had come to these lands seeking shelter and a place to settle, only to find themselves immersed in a pack of mad animals that spoke to 'spirits' of souls long passed. They were normal, horribly normal, and in turn so was she. As the days slipped by, Ashiki observed the behavior of her fellow litter-mates. Some would come to be known as sacrifices, subject to death on a whim of some transparent voice. Some of them accepted this, some of them did not. And many more still believed. Ashiki had never truly witnessed a spirit in her life, never spoke to corporeal figments that hung upon the rocks and jagged trees. But things were made very simple for her in the beginning- for a normal cub like her, it would be the Heart or the Claw.

Now, Ashiki wasn't the most energetic of felines. She enjoyed a good nap and watching crowds out of sight as a cub. And only the occasional tussle was acceptable. The Claw, for the most part, were a bunch of ruffians who lived life in the fast lane. They moved far too fast, and Ashiki believed herself too smart for their kind. That left the Heart, who dealt with 'spirits' and generally managed the pride itself. In defense of her casual lifestyle, it was obvious she was going to have to start seeing these spirits. She was going to have to play the game.

"Please, speak to me," Her voice lilted on the winds as she lazily strode among the stones near the nanny dens. "Come to me, play with me. I need your strength and your fire. Spirits..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:57 am
User ImageSkuld was just coming out from one of the minder dens where she had left her two cubs for the day. They had been an unexpected gift from the spirits, one she was not sure she deserved, but she was enjoying her new role as mother. They would make fine sacrifices in the future, and leaving them with the minders from time to time was necessary for their development. It wasn't always a happy occasion to leave them, but cubs forgot little hurts quickly.

As she left, trying to ignore Urds quiet complains an older cub caught her interest. The cub didn't seem to be play hunting, and Skuld moved closer with the slow but deliberate pace of someone skilled at sneaking up on others. She wanted to know what the youth was up to. Her voice carried with the winds along with the girls gave her an answer.

"Sometimes we can't hear the spirits because we talk too loudly," she said, watching closely for this young ones reaction.

She hadn't snuck up on the prides youth for a while and she wasn't sure if the young lion had heard her coming up from behind or not. She was hardly graceful anymore. Regardless if she had heard Skuld coming or not, the bone mask and ornaments tended to awe younger cubs. Would this one be scared, impressed or indifferent?

((OOC: Might be a bit slow with RP due to moving and other fun stuff, but I couldn't resist a chance to play with Skuld... Feel free to give me a PM poke if I stall.))  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

[OOC] Archived [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces