Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Creepers?!?!?!?! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

immortalguardian

8,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:16 pm
I just want to know what the girls in this guild believe the definition between a creeper and a non-creeper are, both at conventions and the raves-- the ones that try to dance or flirt with you?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 pm
XD I'm like a con creeper magnet. I've never experienced them at raves, though. To me, a con creeper is a guy or girl who basically follows you where ever you go. It's either cause they like you a lot or it's because you're dressed as their favorite character. Some creepers flirt and others don't. I had a 15 year old kid follow me throughout the entire con. She freaked me out lol

Hm, a non creeper? Well, I guess that's some person you hang out with for awhile, but that person doesn't follow you the entire time at the con. Maybe you hang out, go your separate ways, and then find each other again and hang out more XD  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
XD I'm like a con creeper magnet. I've never experienced them at raves, though. To me, a con creeper is a guy or girl who basically follows you where ever you go. It's either cause they like you a lot or it's because you're dressed as their favorite character. Some creepers flirt and others don't. I had a 15 year old kid follow me throughout the entire con. She freaked me out lol

Hm, a non creeper? Well, I guess that's some person you hang out with for awhile, but that person doesn't follow you the entire time at the con. Maybe you hang out, go your separate ways, and then find each other again and hang out more XD

So if I came up to you randomly and said hi then shook your hand then just walked away. would i be a creepier  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm
You officially become a creeper when you purposefully try to be physically close to a person that doesn't want to be close to you. If you follow them around after they've expressed that they don't have that much interest in being with you, then you're a creeper.

Girls send very subtle hints when they want to be left alone; that's just the way we are. Not smiling is one of them. If she never smiles when you're around, then she's probably trying to send you a message that you're making her uncomfortable and she doesn't want you around. Avoiding eye contact with you is another sign that you should find someone else to hang out with.

PandaTeddy

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:45 pm
I think it constitues creepiness when someone forces themselves or their attention on someone else. If it's mutual than of course the person is not a creeper.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 pm
So if I have a sign that says glomp me. I have no room to say i have a creeper unless they fallow me around  

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Wee Little

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm
It really varies. A lot of people, despite being bothered by strangers, will still try to remain polite, like me. So its up to both parties to read each others body language and read between the lines (but don't read too hard or you'll end up paranoid lol).

Take it slow too. Don't start clinging to people when you've only spoken once. That is unless they actually offered to let you hang out with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm
Ok i think i get it now! just trying to figure said stuff out before convention sesion starts up only prob is that i'm 21 and usally go by myself and then people call me a creeper because i tryed to pop into random convos and be friendly sweatdrop  

immortalguardian

8,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:45 pm
Lord_Griffthedragoon
OhNoesItsMiho

So if I came up to you randomly and said hi then shook your hand then just walked away. would i be a creepier
depends some ppl will take it as u being freidnly and some will think that u are a creeper, I would suggest no hand shake.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm
I have met a few ppl at cons and had pretty good converstaions.
I do have some good conversation starters that help. I would suggest going 2 a person (check how there mood is, sometimes its noticeable). Compliment them on a particualr part of there cosplay (not the whole thing just a specific thing). Ask a few questions about it. Then u can go from there such as telling them ur name, and asking them theres, etc. If they have obvious signs that they are not interested just move and try not 2 think about it 2 much.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

chobits_chii123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:07 pm
I guess it's a given that if there's a creeper around you, congrats, you earned your official "con-stalker". I'd say it's someone who invades your space or annoys you when they've been asked not to. Or any old people that hit on you for no reason. ._.;;
Non-creepers are the cool people that you bump into and have fun chatting with, maybe some fangirls/boys but none that follow you around and beg you for your phone number or e-mail. Lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:51 pm
I think an actual creeper is something that is considered a basement dweller and is having some weird sexual hentai fantasies of the character your dressed as. But when it's you as yourself and not the character then it sort of makes it worse. >_>''

Never again will I cosplay as Blair.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:00 pm
Scientifically Erotic
I think an actual creeper is something that is considered a basement dweller and is having some weird sexual hentai fantasies of the character your dressed as. But when it's you as yourself and not the character then it sort of makes it worse. >_>''

Never again will I cosplay as Blair.
I know exactly what u are talking about, I was not even cosplaying when I got my leg hu mped by a complete stranger (creeper girl).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:40 pm
immortalguardian
Ok i think i get it now! just trying to figure said stuff out before convention sesion starts up only prob is that i'm 21 and usally go by myself and then people call me a creeper because i tryed to pop into random convos and be friendly sweatdrop

Just remember that not everyone is there to make friends, and they usually come there organized. Thus outside parties may not be so welcomed. Just let things fall into place. Don't walk up to someone just to talk to them and make friends.

I know that sounds weird, but you never know who you could approach.  

Wee Little

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces