Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mana had been away from the Ela'wadiyi pride for quite some time. She had been thankful that he had lasted until the children were adults. Though it was hard for both of their parents to leave, one through death, and one returning to a more passive role, she was certain that they could handle it. Tawa'di and Mana had prepared them for that day.

She still couldn't believe that it had happened.

The Goddess of Wind had been in hibernation, surprised at how much Tawa'di's death had affected her. Never before had a mortal become so much to her, even with her long past and previous time many mortal generations ago when she was with a mortal male at that time.

With a sigh, the goddess flopped down, her wings spread out around her body, the ribbons around her legs slowly drifting with a soft, unfelt breeze. She closed her eyes, debating where to start over now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:27 pm
User Image

Still not feeling brave enough to up and leave the haven, Mtima had made herself quite comfortable. She enjoyed sneaking around, keeping an eye out for unfriendly deities and trying to decide whether or not to harass the friendly deities. Staring at the gate after the souls that went through was interesting enough but she was considerably more social than that. So her options were to befriend Death or wander. And wandering was considerably less terrifying.

She hadn't been any braver since leaving her favorite little spot-- but a bright color caught her attention and she just had to investigate. Yellow was her favorite color- after purple, of course. Besides, the nice-seeming goddess looked sad. Or sleepy, but she couldn't really tell from here. She inched closer and closer, as quietly as she could manage.

"Hellooo!" she called when she felt she was close enough, which was definitely close enough.

( << up to you how close she actually gets before being spotted/addressed but she'd probably chance just about nose-to-nose with Mana, so take your pick xD)  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 am
As the goddess had lived so long, it took a lot to startle her. Like, a lot. An adorable little goddess looking at her nose-to-nose certainly wasn't going to get her to jump, but it would still surprise her.

She opened her emerald eyes slowly, quite amused that she had trotted herself right up just to say hello. It was endearing, and Mana couldn't help but laugh politely.

"Well, hello," she said with a nod, looking over the goddess with curiosity. The butterflies confused her for a moment, only because they weren't a clear-cut way of telling just what her domain was. Yet, it was obvious that it was none of the more dark domains, and so she kept herself in a relaxed position.

"May I help you with anything?" she asked, wondering if she had approached the wind goddess for a specific reason.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:30 am
Once the stranger was smiling, Mtima happily took a seat right where she stood. So far she didn't seem that sad or sleepy, which was generally very good. The butterflies seemed to hop in response to the sudden drop as the goddess sat down but quickly settled in their places again, flapping idly.

"No, thank you," she answered politely, looking over the yellow deity and wondering the same things Mana had wondered about her, what was she?

"You're very pretty," she said brightly once she looked back from trying to guess and then introducing herself, "I'm Mtima'safi, goddess of souls."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 am
Mana smiled brightly. "Why thank you!" she replied, feeling quite complimented in a time where she felt like she really needed it. "You're very pretty yourself!" she offered back, watching the butterflies with amusement. "And those butterflies sure seem to enjoy your company."

She offered a nod, and gave a little curtsy to herself. As she was so much larger, it was more like another bow, just a little deeper and her wings follow suit. "I'm Mana," she replied, keeping her name short. It was only what the mortals wanted to call her, if they wished it. "I'm the goddess of wind."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:54 am
"Mhmm!" she murmured cheerily, shaking her head vigorously and sending the butterflies away from her- and this time, they didn't land on her again but they fluttered near her. Mtima glanced up to watch them for a second and looked back down.

"It's nice to meet you, Mana," she said, hoping back up to her feet and looking over her wings, her ribbons, her jewelery.. it was all rather unique, but she had no idea what to say first.

"Why were you laying down out here?" she asked, tilting her head and starting with what might have been more important, and throwing in a suggestion to excuse herself in case she had interrupted a nap, "There are better places to sleep, if you're tired."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 am
Ah, hm, how to answer that? There were many things that were troubling her, and yet some of them seemed to be a little much to really weight down a goddess that seemed to have such a light heart.

"Well, I was just thinking about things," she started slowly. "Mostly, I just needed a bit of a break from the mortal realm." A break being quite a long time in their view of things, but it was something that Mana felt like she needed. Though, it was pretty easy for her to 'forget' her resolve and float down to mingle a bit with some strangers. Strangers were harmless, and not something to grow too attached to.

"It's quiet up here, and always a good place to think," she stated with a nod, moreso to herself than Mtima.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am
"Oooh," she nodded when Mana explained, "It is a very good place to think but when you stop wanting to think, there isn't a whole lot to do. That- that's why I came over to say hi!"

OK, it wasn't a very good excuse and she was starting to feel guilty for interrupting and not really having a reason for doing it. So she said the first thing she could think of.

"Do you need any help thinking?" she offered, unsure how it would be possible but willing to ask anyway.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 am
Mana's smile faded to a sad one. Should she really? Yet here was the one who held the knowledge over souls. Certainly she was used to this type of chatter, if not now, than in a previous life. Souls were something that had always been around, and always would continue to be, if not in belief, in reality. Mana really felt that.

"I grew too close to a pride," she said quietly. "And I knew, they knew, my time wouldn't be infinite. Yet, there was still such a great sadness when I left, especially because one of them died."

Her tail twitched, shaking her head. "Though, that certainly isn't everything. I am so old, and yet there are things I do not know. It's troubling at times."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 am
Mtima did not remember her family but her prides were things she remembered. She still remembered her brothers and their pride, and the colorful pride that worked so hard to be better for the next life. She remembered them but she didn't remember any specific interactions with them. And she was very aware of the difference in lifespan, spending more than enough time watching the gate even in this lifetime. She frowned but then made an effort to smile, being frowny wasn't going to be helpful.

"So- they were happy while you were there, that's good at least," she murmured thoughtfully, thinking about how she might feel, "And only one died, that's better than seeing them all die." That was always the worst part of meeting mortals for Mtima, and she didn't even realize just how badly it had affected her. Part of her wondered if they might still find the pridemember around here near the gates, but there was no knowing how recently it had been. And she couldn't really find souls she'd never met.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:15 am
"Yes," she only said, knowing that the little goddess was trying to cheer her up. Mana didn't feel quite cheered up, but she did appreciate the other's attempt at doing so. She smiled softly, letting her mind turn over the memories of the family, and being together. It was so short, and oddly, Mana wondered why she had missed it so. The last time she even attempted a family was so long ago, and so painful.

"The others, the children I bore, will die with time, too," she added on. "Though it will be nice to see them grow, physically and mentally, and even within their family too." She had been through that before, seeing her children die. It didn't bother her as much, though. Perhaps being able to be there for them throughout their life made it feel more..comforting? And the fact that they were part of her flesh, and not another, seemed to make it an easier burden to bear.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 am
Mtima knew she wasn't entirely successful but the smile was enough to keep her going- until Mana acknowledged that her children would die, even with such an optimistic attitude it made the little goddess sad. She didn't really know how to deal with death itself, which was part of why the gates scared her. Even if it released the soul for heaven, for mortals it was goodbye forever. That was scary.

Not counting that one god who said he used to be mortal. That was just strange and.. abnormal.

"Umm," she murmured, trying to think of something to say and then deciding on the generally safe route, "You had cubs? How many? How big are they? They're back where you came from?" Mothers liked talking about their babies, didn't they? And Mtima liked hearing about it, she liked cubs. Particularly ones that were still cubs, especially now while she was small too!

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:47 pm
Mana smiled again. She did always like to talk about her children, as they were such a bright part in her eternal life. "Yes, there's actually quite a few of them. They were small when they were born, but there were eight of them total." Oh, and what a surprise it was to see one resemble her sister! The little green girl had captured her heart, and one of the boys was equally just as green. It had made her miss her life as more of a passive immortal than getting right into the mortal world, as things always got sticky out there, but it was a soft reminder of home.

"They're still living in their birthlands, and they will probably stay there for their entire lives," she answered. "I might visit them again...once the pain of this death goes away." She gripped her forearm with a paw, trying to not be quite so gloomy. The little goddess deserved better.

"They're adults now, though, so perhaps when they start having their own children, I will return to visit them. The idea of a grandchild is so...endearing."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:03 pm
Listening intently as Mana talked about her family, pleased with herself for picking out the topic that seemed to genuinely make her a little happier, she ignored the mention of death again and hopped closer to Mana's side to take a seat and ask questions. The butterflies seemed almost reluctant but followed with her, settling once she settled. She did move around quite a bit for them.

"Oooh, cubs are lots of fun," she commented on the idea of grandchildren, "Especially if they all had eight, too! Then there'd be lots of them to play with. And a bunch of pretty yellows!"

She nodded matter-of-factly, but she wasn't very good at keeping a serious face. And she clearly didn't remember or realize anything beyond a little girl's idealization of what it would be like to have a bunch of babies.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:32 pm
Mana was a little...surprised at how excited she was about families. She might have something in the future for her, but she couldn't help a giggle.

"Well, I don't want them to breed quite like rabbits," she laughed. "Though I would be happy for some of them to have families, too." She didn't quite expect all of them, but mainly because their father hadn't really felt the need for a family until their numbers had fallen so low. If only he had known the turn the pride would take!

But talking about mortals would be talking about death again; a death that was final.

"Cubs are quite fun to play with, though!"

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces