Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Documentary on Cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evennetta

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 pm
Don't you hide your eyes from me.

For TV Production, I have to make a documentary. I haven't really seen many videos ON cosplay to inform 'normal' people on what cosplay and conventions are, so that's what I wanna do. I know I'm going to talk about these topics:

What is cosplay
What are anime conventions/What to do
Photoshoots
Where to get costumes
How to behave in/and about cosplay/conventions
How cosplay is viewed
Resources(for help and such)

I really want to do this right and help at least one person get a better understanding of cosplay. SO, my questions are:

~Is there anything else you think I should mention/delete/combine?
~Do you think there any companies/people I should ask permission for/from incase something of theirs makes it way into the video? And if so, do you know how I can contact them. The only people I can talk to now is FUNimation.
~Does anyone have any good quality convention videos/pictures they'd let me use? I'm mostly looking for big things like the masquerade, dealer's room, ect.
~Any good ideas about names for this?
~My brother makes a couple of anime and video game remixes, as well as some original music. Do you think it would be legal to use the remixes, or should we stick with the original music? The newest songs on there are The Snow Won't Stop and Lugia's Song Remix, but he's gotten better than t
~Should I get a narrator/host/etc? I've got a not-so-great voice, I talk fast AND I have an accent.
~I'm planning on going to the DC Cherry Blossom Festival, so I can get reactions from cosplayers AND normal people. Do you think it would be a bad idea to go in cosplay if I'm going to do that? Rumia isn't a really outlandish costume and I won't have red contacts, but it's still out of the ordinary.
~Would it be good to have videos of me working on my own cosplay in it? I'm making a gijinka Zero Two, which isn't all that well known. It will help fit in what gijinka is though.

I may also give surveys to get a general idea about certain things, and I'd appreciate it if anyone fills them out for me when I make them. I'm hoping to upload it to Youtube or some other video site when it's done. Anyone who helps will definitely be credited. biggrin

Thank you in advance.

Open them and see me now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 pm
Even if its just a blur, mentions the other things that go on at conventions. It's not all about cosplay 3nodding

I wouldn't recommend cosplaying, unless its one that looks like everyday dress. You could intimidate non-cosplayers, and they may be less willing to open up to you. Maybe have someone else cosplay and come around with you? And sort of ask them "What do you think of this?" or something.

If you want music, there's a site where people upload their music free for production use. You just can't sell the music alone and make profit off of it, and it's a good idea to credit the maker. But great for subtle background music and sound effects.

http://www.freesound.org/  

Wee Little

Evennetta

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:31 pm
Battle Mistress Beatrix
Even if its just a blur, mentions the other things that go on at conventions. It's not all about cosplay 3nodding

I wouldn't recommend cosplaying, unless its one that looks like everyday dress. You could intimidate non-cosplayers, and they may be less willing to open up to you. Maybe have someone else cosplay and come around with you? And sort of ask them "What do you think of this?" or something.

If you want music, there's a site where people upload their music free for production use. You just can't sell the music alone and make profit off of it, and it's a good idea to credit the maker. But great for subtle background music and sound effects.

http://www.freesound.org/

Don't you hide your eyes from me.

I should have said it was about cosplay and conventions. It's just gonna start off with one and then go into another.

That's the thing. To me Rumia is more or less normal. That's why I linked the picture to see what everyone else thinks.

Oh I'm fine with music. Either way my brother's allowing me to use his. I was just wondering whether it would be fine to use remixes.

Open them and see me now.

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff