Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Puberty Subforum
Itching

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stargirl88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 am
So for the past day I have been real itchy down there and I was wondering if there's something I can do about it. I've thought of several factors such as I was just on antibiotics for strep or my mom may have changed the detergent. And no, I'm not sexually active.

(I tried using baby oil and seem to help with it since it is a bit dry and that maybe why as well)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 am
Need to clean better down there and if it is kind of thick with hair down there, a trim ought to help as well.  

Valgex

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 am
Valgex
Need to clean better down there and if it is kind of thick with hair down there, a trim ought to help as well.

Being itchy is not always caused by not washing properly. In fact, trimming or removing hair can be itchy for many people!

Star, there are lots of things that can make you itch.

Could be the detergent.

Could be dry skin.

Could be an infection. Not all infections are sexually transmitted.

Could be yours pads. A lot of the name brand maxi pads have chlorine and other chemicals that can irritate. I heard Always is the worst. So you might want to try another brand, look for chlorine-free pads, or switch to reusable cloth pads.

Could be that you're getting soap in your v****a when you shower. The v****a cleans itself (just like your eyes), and you should never be trying to put soap in it. Soap can cause infection, itching, redness, irritation, and dryness. So make sure no soap is going in there. Be very careful when washing the vulva. Use a mild soap or just water.

If the itching doesn't go away on its soon, schedule an ob-gyn appointment.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 pm
Thanks, I honestly thing it might be the detergent and being dry, I try to be good with washing soap out of the area but I probably don't get it all. When I used the baby oil it helped a lot but I had to re-apply it later on. Hopefully it isn't an infection, but it's just annoying because it's so itchy xp Oh and I don't use pads, I use tampons but my period was like 2 weeks ago.  

stargirl88

stargirl88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm
So I found so cream that I could use for the itching, hopefully it'll help rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:27 pm
Sounds like you gots the Yeast Infection.  

IceTrey47

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:44 pm
stargirl88
Oh and I don't use pads, I use tampons but my period was like 2 weeks ago.

Tampons can cause dryness and itching too, especially if you're using them exclusively. If you sleep for more than eight hours or have light days, you should probably be using pads at least some of the time.

stargirl88
So I found so cream that I could use for the itching, hopefully it'll help

That's good. Make sure it's safe for down there, something like Monistat brand. Because if it's just general itch cream it could be too much for that sensitive area to handle. And don't forget that itch creams just sooth a symptom, the itchiness. They don't actually cure whatever is causing the itching. So if you still have the itching in a few days, you should probably schedule the doctor's appointment.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:08 pm
LorienLlewellyn
stargirl88
Oh and I don't use pads, I use tampons but my period was like 2 weeks ago.

Tampons can cause dryness and itching too, especially if you're using them exclusively. If you sleep for more than eight hours or have light days, you should probably be using pads at least some of the time.

stargirl88
So I found so cream that I could use for the itching, hopefully it'll help

That's good. Make sure it's safe for down there, something like Monistat brand. Because if it's just general itch cream it could be too much for that sensitive area to handle. And don't forget that itch creams just sooth a symptom, the itchiness. They don't actually cure whatever is causing the itching. So if you still have the itching in a few days, you should probably schedule the doctor's appointment.

The cream is specifically for down there  

stargirl88

Alarmingly Charming

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm
Unless you're using Monistat 3 and using the gel inserts as well to treat a yeast infection. That would cure it, but if you're only using an itch cream and it doesn't go away after a couple days, a visit to the doctor would be a good idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 pm
I would not recommend getting the Monistat yeast infection medication. Yes, it would probably take care of the issue if it is a yeast infection. But we don't know that it is. It could be any number of things at this point. And using yeast infection medication when you don't have a yeast infection can do more harm than good! That's why the Monistat yeast infection medication boxes say not to use them unless you've been diagnosed with a yeast infection by a doctor.

I'm prone to bacterial infections myself. They have the same symptoms as yeast infections, but they're caused by different things and require different treatments.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

stargirl88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm
Well, it's been going away since I've been using the cream. I have little to no itching, so I think it's working  
Puberty Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games