Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[Fin] Cats of past and present (Badawi, Kongwe, Kamau) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 pm
User Image Oh today was actually a good day for Badawi. The weather was nice, and he wasn't hungry! The lion had managed to chase away a pair of vultures from a half-eaten carcass of a gazelle. He didn't care who had killed it first; they just saved him time and energy of attempting to hunt on his own.

It had bee some time since he last tasted the flesh of this sort of prey animal as well. Lately he had just been making due with small mammals he managed to catch. Not entirely surprising seeing how he had no pride to hunt with. There was that, and the fact that he was a rather pisspoor hunter to begin with.

As he began to feast on what was left of the carcass, a thought soon came looming down onto him. This was too good of a 'catch', something horrible was bound to happen to him soon. Thinking on this, his eating slowed. What if the original hunter of this gazelle came back? They might not be so kind to let him continue to mooch off of their kill...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:15 pm
Kamau wasn't having a good a time as he would of liked. Yeah sure, the weather was nice, but it was also the middle of the day, and he could not spot a single tree in sight. He was a night hunter, his coat was supposed to blend into the darkness, allowing him to stalk his prey unseen. Right now he stuck out like a sore thumb, and he felt like he would be attacked any minute by lions that may be around.

Not to mention that he was starving. He hadn't had a successful kill in ages; there just wasn't any prey around.

Nose to the wind, he could smell the sent of carrion from a mile away, so in a blind hope he had followed the scent, soon spotting some fleeing vultures. His ears dropped. He could already see a dark male lion up ahead. So much for a abandoned carcass... But he needed food. Maybe the lion would be finished soon? Cautiously he approached the lion  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:38 pm
User Image

The nearest watering hole hadn't been far off, the cat that had brought down the gazelle that Badawi was so happily feasting upon had taken a break from his feeding to seek it out for a long drink. The carcass had been left there in the sun, the open, carelessly. Yes, he'd known full well that it would most likely draw the scavengers, but he didn't care.

After all, who would fight him for his kill when he got back? He'd make a meal of them as well, if he felt like it.

And so, Kongwe hadn't found it surprising that someone had helped themselves. It still made him angry. And a lion, no less. The supposed kings of the Savannah, stealing scraps from other hunters.

The God stood still and stared for a good while, several yards away and from behind the lion. Stub tail twitching in irritation, he finally began padding toward him. His stride became longer and more hurried the closer he came. By the time Kongwe had gotten a few yards away, he'd come to a full run.

Claws extended, maw open wide and roaring, the Prehistoric God lunged at Badawi full force.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 pm
With the thoughts of the original hunter potentially being nearby, Badawi had all out stopped eating. Oh it was bound to happen; he just knew it. And he nearly jumped out of his fur when his eyes caught movement from somewhere nearby. He didn't relax much when he saw it was a leopard. But something didn't seem right, the leopard appeared to be too cautious of him. Most likely the other male was seeking out a free meal as well.

Thinking he was in the clear for once, he was about to turn his attention back to his food. However, his ears perked up at the sound of something coming at him. Fast.

Quickly, he turned around to see a large lion god come charging at him at top speed, looking like he was going to tear his throat out.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" he screamed out of sheer terror before running away from the fallen gazelle. It was by pure dumb luck that he managed to avoid getting slashed apart by the larger lion.

Now several feet away, he stared at the god, eyes wide with fear. Badawi practically cowered with his ears flattened and tail tucked down low.

"I-I-I'm s-s-sorry!! I d-d-didn't mean to steal your p-prey! I-I mean I did.. b-but I d-didn't think anyone'd w-want it anymore!!" he stammered out.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:02 pm
Well....

s**t

Kamau had not expected a second lion to pop out of no where. He did not expect a Lion with fricking Teeth three times the size of his, and razor sharp claws to boot to pop out of no where. Who the hell was this guy? He noticed that the lion didn't appear to have much of a tail either. Perhaps it had been bitten off in a fight.

He kept himself flat to the ground, again cursing the lack of trees for which he could jump into in case the lion saw him. Kamaru had never seen a 'god', before, the idea usually making him scoff and annoyed at the arrogance of lions, whom thought they owned everything. However it was hard not to assume that this lion may be one. He had wings coming out of his back for crying out loud.

The other lion had screamed and scrambled out of the way. He couldn't blame him. But while he felt his blood run cold at the mere sight of those razor sharp teeth, he wondered if the lions would start to fight each other. He doubted it, but perhaps they would be distracted?

Hunger was making him risky. It was a hard life as a rougue, especially with all the competition about, so he had to take every opportunity he could for food. He kept close to the ground, hoping the brown grass may hide his figure just a little as he inched close to the two lions.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Claws swiped but missed, the God gave a violent roar toward the lion and spread his wings wide in an attempt to scare him off. Surely it would, this male was small compared to Kongwe.

His attention just as quickly turned toward the remains of his gazelle, which he clamped his jaws around greedily. Letting himself flop down into the grass, Kongwe resumed his meal noisily, ignoring the lion. No reason to be concerned, as far the God figured.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:38 pm
Badawi practically let out a squeak when the larger lion roared at him. He wanted to move, but his legs seemed to be locked into place out of terror. Quivering in his place, he stared as the god took his meal and began to eat away at what was left. Sure, the dark red lion had managed to get in several good bites, but he wanted the rest of that gazelle.

At the same time, he really didn't want to mess with the other lion. So for now he just huddled and cowered in place, unsure what he should do.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:51 pm
Kamau almost let out a nosy hiss at the god lion. He wasn't even going to bother with the coward lion, and was continuing to eat the gazelle. Soon there wasn't going to be anything left. That annoyed him greatly. He didn't want to leave empty handed after all that walking.

However, it still appeared that the lion had failed to notice his presence. Interesting, since he was pretty sure the other may had seen him. He was only meters away. He sniffed the air; it was going down wind from him, so his scent would be masked. The saber-tooth lion also seemed more interested in his own meal. Perhaps....if he was sly enough....

This was probably one of the more stupid things he had attempted to do in his life. He continued to move forward until
he was he was barely inched from the kill,he was merely inches from the huge lion and his carcass. Ears pressed against he head he hugged the ground, tail on the ground, wondering if the lion had already seen him and if he would spring.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 pm
Going without being disturbed for several moments, a great deal of the gazelle was devoured. Kongwe hadn't paid the lion any mind, but his senses were on alert as always. He'd caught the movement of the leopard from the corner of his eye, but hadn't made a move on the creature.

Not until he was right next to him.

A deep growl rumbled in the God's throat, "Pitiful."

"You don't hunt?" He continued, eyes shifting from one to the other, one massive paw guarding his meat from being stolen away while he'd paused. "Worthless. Can't kill your own prey."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:09 pm
While the leopard made advances towards the remains, Badawi watched, still stricken with fear. There was no way the leopard was going to be able to get any scraps from the beast of a lion. But, he kept his mouth shut. A part of this was because he was sure he'd only end up stammering anything that came out of it.

When the god spoke, he flinched at his harsh words. If his ears could lower any further, they would have at that point.

"I... I h-hunt... s-sorta..." he replied rather meekly.

"J-just not... big things.."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 pm
The leopard froze at the lions growl, ready to turn tail and run in case the lion wanted to eat him instead. He wasn't fool-hardly enough to fight a full grown male lion. But what the lion said to him next struck another cord.

worthless? pitiful? Who exactly did this lion think he was?!

a snarl escaped the leopards mouth before he could think better about voicing his own opinion. "Of course I hunt!" he spat, then looked around. "Do you see any game here? no. You don't, because you would of scared them away with your kill. I've been walking for three days, and this is the first time I have seen anything that is slightly edible." He glared at the lion. "I'm not above scavenging to keep myself alive"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:44 pm
The God snorted at the lion's timid reply, "Such a coward." His kind, or rather the long deceased kind he held domain over, could take down mammoths... And this lion couldn't take down a mere gazelle.

The leopard, as much as he'd hate to admit it, had an admirable attitude. It took guts to mouth off to a God, let alone something so much bigger than him.

"I'd bite that tongue," he replied in a growl, "you need to learn how to pick your fights..."

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:00 pm
Badawi practically let out a whine as he heard the God's reply. It probably hurt more because it was quite true. He hated conflict and usually tried to shy away if possible. Quite frankly, he felt he deserved to be called a coward.

Glancing over at the leopard, he stared worriedly. Picking a fight with a big god like the one before them really wasn't the best plan of action. It was already bad enough that the leopard was smaller than an average lion.

"Y-you really sh-should listen to him..." he managed to spew out.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 pm
He didn't want to admit it, but the saber toothed lion was right. He could mouth off all he wanted, but there was no way he could back his words up.

Still, he didn't want to just turn tail and run away. And there was no way he was going to turn his back on the lion when he was this close to him.

He took a step backwards, ears pricked when he heard the other lion tell him to listen to the other. "Why should I listen?" he inquired, taking another step back as he watched Nadawi with his peripheral vision. "This lion will just do whatever he wants, regardless of what I decide to do"  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm
Both of them were wary of him, though the leopard wasn't quite so clear as to show it on the outside.

Clutching the carcass between his forepaws, he pondered silently a moment. He wasn't hungry anymore, and when he became so again he'd have an easy time finding something else. Unfair advantage, on his part.

Clamping his jaws around the gazelle's throat, he rose to his feet and lifted the remains of the carcass with him. Padding hurriedly away, it may have looked as though he'd had enough of their presence. However, he turned to face them once he'd gotten several feet away.

The God dropped the gazelle on the ground at his feet.

"Want it?" He asked, looking from the lion to the leopard. "Come and take it from me."

With that said, he plucked the carcass up from the ground again and shook it lightly in his grasp to provoke them to obey. Whether or not it was a risky invitation or not would soon be seen.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff