Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRP] Long walks on the beach . . .(Kavaca and Miminiwa) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm
The sun was getting close to setting and Kavaca was sprawled ladylike in the sand, gaze turned towards the water. Watching the sunset on the sea was one of the many pleasures of her day. The sand around her was peppered with lovely seashells of all size, color, and type. In between glances at the sea, her gaze turned back to the shells and she admired them each in turn.

Their voices floated gently through her mind and she chuckled happily, sometimes answering a question here and there. It was quite a regular sight for her to be surrounded by seashells. They were, after all, her muse.

Kavaca breathed in the salty air and smiled. It had been a particularly lovely day and she'd found a few more shells that she was going to add to her collection. They had asked that she take them with her and she was more than happy to oblige. She never took a shell from the beach that didn't want to leave. She had a small collection that she kept near her favorite tree. She'd found a safe hollow in a tree and filled the bottom with sand. She would place the new shells there later, but for now, she was going to enjoy the sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm
User ImageMiminiwa had lost track of the time, well not the current time, but more so the time that he had spent with his friend, Izo. A majority of his time was spent with her, so much time that he had in fact lost track of just how long he spent with her and how long he knew her. Which was something he hardly minded at all, what he did mind however was the fact that he had come to realize that despite spending his whole life within the pride he hardly knew any of the members and that, to him, was rather disheartening.

Thus he was determined to remedy that fact.

Now the brightly colored male had plenty of family within the pride, yet he hardly spoke to them now a days which seemed rather odd since the pride wasn't exactly, er, big persay nor was it small. In fact it was crawling with members yet he rarely ran into another.

That fact was what puzzled the pink male the most.

So, his mission today was to go out and either a) reconnect with one of his siblings or b) meet someone new and thus making a new friend. To do this he ventured towards the ocean that was one of the borders of his pride. Which proved to be much, much easier than he had expected for he had already spotted someone that he didn't know.

A large grin spread across his lips as he trotted over to the mostly white female. "Hello!" he chirped happily to her. He was quite the bubbly creature.

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:24 pm
Kavaca had an equally bubbly nature and she was quite pleased to hear the voice of another pride member nearby. She turned and found that she did recognize the male by sight, though she'd never spoken to him. She was sure that she had seen him before though, his bright colors were very distinctive. She shifted carefully, so as not to disturb her friends and called back.

"Hello there! How are you?"

Very gently, she stood and scooped her shells into one central spot, buffered and protected by an edge of sand. That done, she nodded and walked over closer so she could greet him properly.

He was another adult and his smile was infectious. She grinned back, wondering who this male was and why she hadn't met him before.

"My name is Kavaca," she said with a smile, "May I ask yours?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:54 pm
Mimi was delighted to see that she had responded cheerfully to him, he had been worried that she was one of those lions that were always grumpy for no reason. Now that wouldn't have been enjoyable at all! He was very much a social creature, which only made him more determined to increase his social circle, so to meet one so very similar was very pleasing to him.

"Bright as the sun!" he replied cheerfully although his statement probably didn't make too much sense to the female. What he had meant to say was that he was feeling warm and welcoming so to speak, which was how he perceived the sun. Though it probably didn't help that those were the worlds that his muse, which happened to be the sun, had encouraged him to use.

Dummy! his muse hissed with a sigh. I didn't mean use those exact words, jeeze you're such a goof! it teased with a ring of laughter, heard only by Mimi.

A small frown formed upon his lips and his ears flattened against his head momentarily before he shook his head. "No need to be rude about it," he pouted softly looking up, though not directly, at the ball of fire in the sky. He turned his gaze, and attention, back towards the female. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Miminiwa!"

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm
Kavaca grinned back at the male, a little puzzled at first. However, she quickly figured out that Miminiwa, as he introduced himself, must have had the sun for a muse. How intriguing. Kava herself couldn't quite understand only having one large object that was so far away be a muse, but she was very respectful of it. It was obvious that Miminiwa had a pleasant personality to go along with it, so she was more than happy to meet him.

Small whispers of encouragement from her friends urged her forward. They understood that she could be a little shy at times and they were there to support her. She turned to smile at them before continuing.

"It's nice to meet you too, Miminiwa. It's such a lovely day. Won't you sit and enjoy the sunset with me?" she asked.

She settled back into the sand next to her shells and hoped that the male would join her.

"I don't believe I have ever met you before. It is very nice to meet another pride member."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm
"S'rry bout that," he mumbled sheepishly batting at one of his ears as he looked down at the sand. He had to admit that he felt a little embarrassed but he couldn't help it. He was often a creature of impulse acting long before he thought about his actions. Which surprisingly worked for him, he never said anything he regretted afterward for the things he said were primarily pleasant and hardly, if ever, rude or mean in the slightest.

One could say that it was...against his nature.

Mimi couldn't even imagine being brooding, angry or grumpy it went against everything that he stood for. Or so he liked to think.

"Sure!" he exclaimed happily scampering over to her plopping down on his butt just a few feet from her. He leaned forward trying to get a good look at the shells gathered around her.

"Ooooh," he cooed in delight. "Do you collect them?" he asked looking up and tilting his head at her. He blinked at her words having gotten rather lost in his own little strange tangent. "Oh! It's nice to meet you too!"

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm
Kava smiled encouragingly at Mimi and was delighted when he also sat down on the sand. She smiled even brighter when she asked him about her shells. If there was anything that she truly loved to talk about, it was her shells. They were her closest friends and truly her passion.

Kava nodded with a grin before answering.

"Yes, I do collect them! Actually, seashells are my muse. I have a small collection that I keep with me, but I enjoy coming down to the beach to speak with the others as well."

And we enjoy your company . . . always . . . they whispered kindly in the back of her mind. She reveled in the feeling and gazed at them fondly before turning her gaze back to the sunset and to Mimi.

"So, I know you are another pride member, but I've never seen you before. It's so interesting that you can live here and not know someone for so long. It is nice to have met you today. What brings you to the beach?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm
"That's awesome!" he chirped reaching out to drag a shell close to him. He lifted it carefully in his paws, he knew that they were delicate objects, and turned it over. It was a pretty cream color that melted away into a soft pink. At that moment he thought something he never had before, that he could actually touch his muse. That it was tangible something that he could actually touch or hold in his hand like Kava was able to do with hers.

The thought made him frown and his ears flatten. "I bet they like that," he commented with a small nod. He looked up at his own muse, though not completely because he knew what damage could be done to his eyes that way, and squinted. "I wonder why some muses are physical and others are not," he stated, his gaze flickering over to her. "Like I can't touch my muse but you can touch yours," he wrinkled his nose shrugging in the process. "Another mystery for another day!"

He nodded his head at her comment, "I know exactly what you mean!" He cried in excitement dropping the shell as he stood up. "That's actually why I'm here, I've spent my whole life here and know like no one, so I wanted to meet someone today!"

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Kava glanced in concern at the shell as he scooped it up, but she trusted Mimi to be careful with it. They were so delicate and fragile, but even if they were damaged, chipped or cracked, they were beautiful to her. Every one of them was precious. She noticed Mimi's quite reticence and wondered at it. His next comment revealed it though.

She nodded thoughtfully. It must be difficult not to be able to touch your muse. But still, Mimi's muse was so different and wonderful and served a great purpose. She hurried to tell him that.

"Yes, it is nice to be able to physically touch my muse, but I think your muse is wonderful too. After all, the sun is so important. It keeps us all so warm and it is so lovely and so large. It must be wonderful to talk to the sun," she said with a grin, hoping to put a smile back on Mimi's face.

She was surprised when he jumped up and glanced at the seashell in alarm. Fortunately, it fell gently into the soft sand without any damage. Breathing a sigh of relief, she gently shifted it back with the others, nodding happily as it murmured gentle words into her mind. That assured, she looked back up at Mimi and returned his grin.

"That sounds like a great idea! It is so nice to able to meet someone new and make a new friend. It seems like a great goal."

Kava noticed the sun beginning to sink along the horizon of the water, casting lovely colors against the rippling surface. She wondered if the sun setting affected Kimi.

"Hey, do you mind if I ask, does your muse change at all when it sets?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am
"Yeah, you have a point," he agreed grinning broadly once again. It was hard for him not to be happy, bright, or bubbly it was just a part of his nature. Though there were a few times when he was less than happy, but he wasn't exactly sad or mad. No at times like that he was simply more...mellow, no longer bouncing off the walls as he normally did.

"There are times when I can't wait to reunite with my muse, because it'd mean that I can provide warmth and happiness for everyone, or at least try to," he chirped crouching down as though he was about to pounce on someone, or something. "As a lion it's hard to do that, I bet I haven't even met half of the creatures in the world!"

When she saw her concern he was confused unaware that he had been so careless with her muse, until he followed his gaze. "Oops?" He mumbled looking up at her and smiling apologetically. "S'rry bout that, I get a little...overexcited some times," he explained forcing himself to sit back down.

He really needed to learn to control himself better.

Bye see you tomorrow, his muse whispered to him.

Mimi followed her gaze and watched as the sun began to sink in the sky. "I'll see you in the morning!" he called knowing full well that even when his muse was not visible it was present, always present. He looked back over at the green marked female and shrugged, "No, not really. I because I know that it's always there even if I can't see it. I believe that my muse is what lights up the skies at night! It lends it's warmth and light to the moon and stars!"

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:29 am
Kavaca was quick to reassure him about the shells. After all, it had landed quite safely in the sand and this particular one had been more amused by the situation than anything else.

"Oh, please don't worry about it at all. The shell is perfectly fine. I understand about getting over excited too, like when I find a new shell to talk to!" she said with enthusiasm. She really did love them.

Kava turned and watched the sun set over the horizon and slowly disappear from site, leaving behind a splash of brilliant colors fading away in the night sky. It was a truly lovely sight and it was extra special tonight because Mimi's muse was the sun.

"That's such a great way to look at it! I never really thought about that before, but I guess you're right. Just because the sun sets doesn't mean that it goes away. It's still there, we just can't see it. It must be nice to always be able to hear it," said Kava. She could only hear her muse when she was particularly close to it. Also, not all seashells spoke with her, though quite a number of them did.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm
"Are...are you sure? Cause I don't want to hurt your muse," he mumbled flicking his tail behind him rather nervously. "Well as long as the shell is fine!" He was back to being a bubbly as usual. "Everything's exciting to me," he said nodding as he spoke. "Okay, so not everything but most things are, and I'm always excited if it's something new," he explained not really giving her a chance to respond.

Now he didn't mean to be this way, he was simply talkative and as such he had the tendency to ramble on and on without realizing that he was doing so. No one had ever stopped him from doing so.

Mimi nodded at Kava, "You could say that, yeah," he replied looking up at the color-changed sky. "I think he goes to sleep though, bet it's tiring to hang in the sky all day," he commented curling his tail around himself. "I mean, I think he's resting, cause I know I'd wanna rest too after a long day."

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 am
Kavaca nodded. That certainly made sense. All creatures had to have some period of rest each day, or they would collapse of exhaustion. It would stand to reason that the muses would need to rest as well.

Kava giggled at Mimi's behavior. She thought his bubbly personality was very endearing as was his obvious enthusiasm for different things. He was a lot of fun to be around, that was for sure.

"Oh yes, of course! The shells are fine," she assured him with a smile. "And I agree. If I had to hang up in the sky all day, I would want to rest too. Your muse must be very exciting to talk to. The sun probably knows a lot about the world and everything that goes on."

Kavaca thought it was interesting what one could learn from their muse. Her shells told her about the depths of the ocean and the feel of the ocean waves. It was ever so exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm
He was glad that he wasn't sound, well, crazy. He knew that his muse was that of a tricky one because not much was known about it except what they could witness, which frankly was not much. Mimi himself did not know too much about his muse just what he saw and what he was told and frankly that suited the male just fine.

He figured he'd learn more about the sun eventually, he was in no hurry he had plenty of time!

"Oh good!" he exclaimed relieved to hear that he had caused no damage to her muse. They were precious things, one's muse that was, and should be treated as such. Unfortunately he wasn't very good at being careful exactly. He was easily excitable and as a result he tended to act a bit impulsively which didn't always turn out in his favor.

He laughed softly nodding. "Yeah, the sun sure knows a lot, it's been around for a looooong time," he stated very proud of the fact. "Too bad I hardly know any of it," he sighed and shook his head. "But I still have a lot of time y'know? I just hope I can learn a lot."

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 pm
"I'll bet it has been around a long time. Sometimes I wonder how long. I guess there is no way to know for sure," said Kava as her gaze wandered to the brilliant colors that were beginning to fade from the sky. It was getting late and she would have to be getting back to her den soon. However, she was really enjoying her conversation and didn't want it to end so soon.

"I'm so glad that I ran into you today! I really enjoy meeting others and making friends within the pride. Of course, it isn't very often that I get to. I understand though, since many of the members spend time speaking with their muses. As it should be," she said with a nod.

She'd often seen other lions walking around, speaking to the air. For an outsider, it would seem strange, but to her it was as natural as breathing. Kava wouldn't approach them if they were speaking to their muses. It wasn't polite to interrupt.

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff