Roleplay Contest! [Extended! End TBA]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Illuseon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:05 pm
User Image

Aww, how cute~ this happy little couple has just had their first litter of three. That means that one of those weird precious little bundles is up for grabs! This one, to be exact:
User Image

So here's how this is going to work. We have two prompts here, one concerning Koishii, the mama, and one about Spectre, the papa. You will need to respond to ONE of these prompts and ONLY one. So that means one entry per person. And now let's cut to the chase, the prompts!

Prompts

1) 'Koishii has sent her youngest pup out on a mission to find a very important flower that she dropped while out on a walk with Spectre. She says it is a gift that he gave her on their first meeting, and if not returned soon to her, where her mere presence can keep it alive, the flower will die. How does the pup go about the entire situation, and does he find the flower? If not, come up with a way for him to break Koishii's heart gently apologize to his mother for not finding it/finding it broken.'

---

2) 'It's no surprise to anyone who's seen him that Spectre is a little, well, odd. As a result he remains very timid and insecure to this day, but is making headway little by little with the help of Koishii. As his offspring, not only do you have a WEIRD looking dad, but you yourself will undoubtedly be a little strange looking yourself. You're a walking target for bullying and teasing by others and even being mistaken for a demon. How will you cope with this? Will you embrace your uniqueness or loathe your father who did this to you? Maybe something completely different! Create a scenario in which the pup will have to respond to and establish his feelings.'

So as you can see, these prompts are pretty well rounded. One deals more with the pup's behavior, how he physically acts, and his relationship with his mother while the other concerns his internal issues, personality, and his relationship with his father.

There's no text minimum or maximum, but we aren't looking for a novel. Just a nice short story that will illustrate how you're going to handle this little guy. You're welcome to go ahead and give him a name and to use Koishii and/or Spectre as supporting characters in your entry. This will be judged by myself and shortcutt ONE WEEK from now (unless we have a shortage of entries, in which case it will be extended. A shortage would be like. Less than five.).

Good luck and have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 pm
"Eek, Mommy! What's that?" "What is that glowy stuff at its feet?" "Get away from them, Monster!"

The cries of an adult female and her two pups were still ringing in the ears of Puck as he ran, heading as far away from the angry mother that had been snarling at him only a moment before. Everything passed by in blurs of varying shades of green as he made his way through the forest, dodging skillfully around trees and leaping over bushes and other obstacles. How many times had he found himself in this same situation before, running for his life from Kuniku that didn't understand him or even know his name? He continued his path for several minutes, asking himself that very question until he decided to slow down, breathing heavily from the effort the sprint had taken. "Maybe a thousand." He muttered to himself as he lay down, trying to slow down the rapid beating of his heart.

It was only Wednesday, but this wasn't the first encounter of the week that Puck had with unfriendly strangers. Usually he was subjected to verbal insults (and those he could take with a fairly straight face) but when things got physical, Puck just about always turned tail and ran. It wasn't that he was a coward; he knew he could hold his own in a fight and wasn't actually afraid, but what would his mother say when she saw all the bite marks and scratches? To spare her from grief, he avoided confrontations. "I'm probably not welcome on this side of the island either..." It seemed like no matter where he went, Puck could never catch a break.

He understood why others would be afraid of his looks, but it wasn't his fault... Honestly, there was no one that he really could blame. Not Spectre, his father; without knowing his own parents, he was most likely just a creation of the Gods. Perhaps the abnormal markings were one of their sick jokes..? Whatever. It's not like he believed in forces that he couldn't see or feel directly anyway. And of course, Koishii was also faultless. She couldn't be held responsible for the fact that he'd favored his father's genetics over hers upon his birth. So then, why? Why had Puck turned out this way? He wasn't beautiful like his sisters; if his family were plants, then he was some sort of weed. If it did have the potential to blossom in the end, the flowers could only be dark in color...

Slightly frustrated in mood and full of adrenaline still coursing through his veins, Puck stood up and gazed at his surroundings. He recognized this area and knew that he was near the harbor, where surely sailors were out for the day fishing. Perfect. "If they call me a monster, then I may as well act like one..." Putting one paw infront of the other, he began a brisk walk toward the first fishing hut that he could see, almost effortlessly thinking of ways to vent out his feelings. Smash a window, break open the front door, hide a human's tools; you name it and he's probably done it at least once. Petty little crimes were what he had to resort to in order to blow off some steam whenever things like this happened... Puck didn't necessarily like doing what he knew was wrong, but nothing else could soothe him.

Seeing no humans in the immediate area, he made his way into the small garden at the side of the house. Looking around, he saw that all the vegetables were mature and ready to be harvested. "It looks to me like these humans could use a little help." Hunching over slightly, Puck moved over to a plot of turnips and began digging away, popping the white vegetables out of the ground one after another. He nearly released a laugh, finding it to be almost like a game as he counted just how many plants he'd uprooted. Messing with a garden wasn't the most destructive thing he'd ever done, but Puck always did enjoy the feel of dirt moving beneath his paws. Walking over to a ginseng patch, he continued to push all of the lovingly planted vegetables he could see out of their holes, creating his own that were nearly as deep as he was tall in a matter of minutes.

Feeling satisfied after having wrecked the garden, Puck surveyed his dirtywork. A harvest of a prized garden certainly wasn't possible now that all the fruits of the earth were littered about, most of them bruised or punctured. Not to mention a potentially nasty fall could be made in one of the pits he'd dug in each of the plots. Tail wagging behind him, Puck decided that he'd be better off leaving now while the coast was still clear; it would take him a while to get back to his parents and sisters since he'd been out on his own for several hours now. With a smile, Puck trotted away from the little house and back toward the forest in a good mood, at least until guilt struck him later.

Hopelessly Pretty
Crew

Feral Lover

biihlu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm
How am I supposed to show her this? She’s going to be so sad, should I just tell her it was broken, so I left it? No… she would probably still want it, even broken. The pup sighed and tried to sink into his fluffy mane, hiding from the small blue daisy that had caused so much turmoil. His mother could keep the daisy alive, just by being near it. She loved it dearly, now there was no chance at reviving it.

The Kuniku collapsed, smashed and ripped blue petals around him. It looks like its had the pollen stomped out of it, he thought to himself. The stem had turned wilted color, and was bent and broken. Three weak petals clutched on to the center of the flower. I can remember when there were too many petals to count, the pup thought. Now there are only three. He whimpered and gently lifted the bent stem off the ground. By rolling over the petals, he managed to tangle a fair amount of the bits and pieces that used to make up a flower, into his mane.

The Kuniku pup sped off. He knew that it would break his mother’s heart to see her prized flower in pieces, but maybe, the faster he got to her, the more chance there was that she could save it. A tiny amount of pollen remained; maybe his mother could do something, anything to let the flower live on.

“Did you find it?” She asked, as soon as her son emerged from the tree line. The pup slowed to a troubled trot, and dropped his head. He walked up to his mom and slowly opened his mouth, laying the flower down in the grass before her. “I’m sorry Mom,” he said “It looks like it was walked all over.” He put his ears back in shame for failing her, then nestled into her neck. His dirty mane had gravel and chunks of mud in it, but a few bright petals managed to poke through. “I brought back most of the petals. There is some pollen left too, is it hard to make baby flowers? Maybe we could have a garden?” He sniffled and did his best to console his mom.

The pup’s relationship with his family was really the only relationship he had. Due to the eerie nature of his fur and markings, the pup wasn’t comfortable opening up to really anyone, other than family. No matter his mom’s response for her treasured flower being destroyed, the kuniku would go on to sprinkle the seeds of daisies where ever he walked. “I’m sorry mom”, he cried. “I’ll cover Nippon with daisies, that way dad can pick you a daisy on every walk, every day.” Koishii’s son would grow up to have quite a green thumb, spreading his love of flowers and plants where ever he ventured.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 pm
So, after much delay, the winner has been chosen:

Hopelessly Pretty, I'm glad to announce that you will be taking this lovely egg home. <3

Sorry for the long wait. <3  

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas