Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Black Behemoth Tavern (aka Quests and Crap)
Welcome to the Black Behemoth Tavern! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aren't we moderator types awesome?!?
  HELL NO!
View Results

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm
Mea felt tears sting her eyes. Filled with hurt, she said, in a quavering voice, "I want the money for the repair. That is all I want."
Then, as the tears began coming down, she ran for her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:44 am
Queen's eyes popped open, glowing orange. She lifted her head, hissing at the door, causing the dozing Jonandra to start upright from her nap against the side of the bed.

"Whaa...?" she inquired tiredly. She saw Queen unfurl her wings, dumping the resting kitten off. The kitten reacted by blinking at Queen, then arching and hissing in the same direction as the little dragonette.

Jonandra's muddled consciousness didn't allow for logical thinking. Her familiar and her pet were upset by something, and years of adventuring triggered her next response.

She leapt up and grabbed her staff from behind the door, then held her breath and listened with her sharp elven ear pressed against the door. She hissed softly to her four-footed friends to quiet down... and waited...  

Jonandra

Valarouko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:19 am
Val watched a broken mea storm from the room. He turned back to the man again "Your just as bad as that blue brute!"

Val went back to his seat and donned his gauntlets and put his helmet under his arm

"the rooms this way..." He was really mad now, and it had come to his mind to just throw the man out into the snow and see if the blue thing was still in earshot. but they needed the money, and the blonde kid was sick. If he could keep the guy under guard, and away from bothering mea, get the money, and heal the blonde kid, he would feel much better

"lets go..."

He took a step and almost fell straight into the hole the guy had made, which sparked his rage back again

"you know, mea's right, we have a healer with him and I dont trust you...put the money on the counter and walk straight out that door, dont think I'm that stupid. I've played games before and yours is like go fish"

Val put his hand on the handle of his sword, and looked at kyuu, hoping he would get the hint and grab the sword mea dropped. That staff the man was weilding didnt look all that safe and he wasn't taking any chances.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:15 am
Queen's eyes started swirling red, and a low grumble began deep in the little dragonette's chest. Jonandra heard no immediate scuffle or sound outside, so dared to open the door a crack and peek out. The hall seemed empty, but then Mea rushed past with a tear stained and reddened face.

That sight alone was enough to raise Jonandra's anger. It didn't help that Queen was sending intense emotions of upset into her mind.

Jonandra clasped her staff tightly, and strode down the hall toward the bar. She muttered a protective spell, then a prayer to her Lord, and stepped into the bar, one hand still clutched around the Holy Symbol in her pouch, the other white knuckled and ready to spin her Holy staff from walking support to weapon at a moment's notice.

She hardly noticed the disquieted Queen had found bravery entangled in her hair until the fire-lizard's claws scraped her scalp. She absentmindedly shifted Queen's weight to relieve the distraction with one hand, and then splayed that hand in front of her, battle ready.

She surveyed the situation, and strategically stood one step behind and one step to the side of Valruko. She didn't like the look of the object of Valruko's ire, who had a haughty posture, and the look of a mystic.

Jonandra opened her mouth and began chanting in her native toungue a Dispel Magic incantation, two fingers pointed in the haughty stranger's direction...  

Jonandra

Neitsabes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:04 pm
The first comment Val through at the stranger made the glowing healer stop in his tracks. "I may be just as bad, but I hurt people in the civil way: with words, not with brute strength" He smiled at his own comment in a very proud way. This man was the usual 'Smart a**', he always had the last word, even when he was wrong.

The last comment Val made was probably the worst he could have done, as said before: This stranger alway gets out of paying for things. "Fine, fine, don't trust the best helaer you'll ever see..." He started, taking one step back. "...But I think I'll skip the money part and just walk out the door" The cheap being slowly turned around after bowing in a hipocritical way and looking at the other 'healer'.

After taking a few steps towards the door, he glanced back to taunt the two 'guards' indirectly. To the elf he said "Chanting is really old fashioned, it's too slow to cast" To the warrior he said "I dare you to try and use that pointy object against me". With that said he continued wlaking, hoping they wouldn't interfere with his retreat, and if they did, he already had a set battle strategy so that he could win the battle easily.

((Muahaha, will you try to stop him and trigger a fight sequence? Or will you let him go and carry on with the rp in a merry way? Kukukuku ninja ))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:37 pm
((OMG, I'd forgotten about this RP! o_o;; Time to reactivate in the one and only truly interesting way.))

Kyuu glanced tiredly at Valarouko, not giving the slightest hint of catching on to his silent suggestion. His body was relaxed, his eyes fixed on the stranger in a mildly thoughtful fashion - as if contemplating with himself. The only thing that gave away Kyuu's true feelings - to those with a developed sense for such things - was his body's chi flow. While rather impressive in its latent mode, it was currently blazing around the pink-headed fellow like an explosive fire, snapping and crackling in the air in the fashion of simple and pure anger.

He raised his hand holding the little floorboard splinter from before, and threw it towards the mage. A surprisingly hard throw, even. The air particles curled and reshaped around the little splinter, creating a howling shriek as it bolted towards its target's head in the fashion and speed of a fired bullet, with enough velocity to knock out an ultrafant.

(*Ultrafants are a rare breed related to the more common elephants, known to exist only on the Wuranga continent, far south of Barton. They're known for being about thrice their little relatives' size, and covered in a hard type of skin made for enforcing airships, among other things.)

(** Oh, but it would probably not kill the mage, though. A soft little splinter like that couldn't do much harm even when used in that way, but yet packing a pretty fierce impact power, to say the least.)  

Kyuu

Neitsabes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:39 pm
Luckily for Kyuu, the stranger had no way of sensing chi, but he did have sharp ears. Fast, but not faster than thought and light As the thought was being processed, the command was already given out instinctively. The hand which held the wand moved until his right eye saw the very tip of his first nail, and the 'magic' was triggered.

A light instantly appeared from the tip of the wand, expanding throughout the entire tavern, followed by a strange dome. The sphere was made of concentrated photons, meaning that the white mage was now surrounded by a barrier of light. Anyone who would look straight at it would certainly lose his vision, it was like having a star in the tavern. Though something suspicious was very visible, since the four corners that the dome did not touch and the wall which Kyuu had his back to were pitch black; as if the light form the entire room was concentrated around the arrogant stranger.

The meaningless splinter was bounced off in the opposite direction by the concentrated light. Once the splinter had been deflected, the dome of light became less concentrated, meaning that the being only seemed to be glowing. "Tsk tsk tsk" Was heard coming from the stranger engulfed in light. "I'll give you one more chance: Will you let me go? Or do I have to use my magic once again?" None could see his proud and arrogant grin, but he still wore it on his luminating face.

((Pssst, Jonandra, explain to me how your "dispel magic" thingy works so I can see if it applies to his kind of magic ninja ))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:42 pm
((this is getting so good, as soon as this guy leaves (or I die) This place should close for repairs. (at least switch the time frame we are in, (its still new years isnt it?) lol))

Val saw the staff move and instinctevly threw his helmet on.

The eye slits in the helmet were just thin enough to protect his eye's from most of the light, but inside the helmet was so bright the light was reflecting of the inside of his helmet like light on a mirror. It was making his face warm.
He quickly pulled his helmet off and pulled his hood on his cloak over his head and then donned his helmet again. The light was not reflecting inside the helmet anymore but there was still light coming in through the slits and into his eyes.
((what are those things called, its a cardboard box with a pinhole in it, and you can watch eclipses through it?))
"Turn it off and fight fair!" by that time his sword was out, he was ready
"Grab the sword on the floor Kyuu!"  

Valarouko

Jonandra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:16 am
Neitsabes

((Pssst, Jonandra, explain to me how your "dispel magic" thingy works so I can see if it applies to his kind of magic ninja ))

((Considering that Neitsabes and Jonandra are from two entirely different universes, and that I've been RP'ing "wild magic surges" (random magic mishaps) occuring to Jonandra in my RP journal... What could really occur from her casting would be anybody's guess and open to discussion... But, basically, Dispell Magic negates magic of the DnD Arcane Magic variety, Jonandra can dispel an already present magic source or enchantment up to her equivalent levels of DnD magery... If your staff is as powerful as I suspect, she might not be able to negate that... PM me if you want to hash out a "wizard's duel" sequence that we can both agree to.))

((In the meantime...))

Queen's upset grumble increased to a high pitched, enraged yowl. She "blinked" right behind the haughty stranger ((Neitsabes)) and grab his head with all four claws, flapping her wings to stay upright...

She scrambled down his forehead aiming her teeth and claws at his eyes, sounding like two tom cats in full battle clash as she attempted to bring her attack true to target...

((It's highly unlikely Neitsabes will avoid the first onslaught to his eyes and face, but fire-lizards aren't very strong, and Queen should easily be swept aside if Neitsabes' character is nimble... The odds are that N's character will end up with a shallow set of cat-like scratches around his cheeks... But I get the idea that N's character is too vain to let his face be wounded easily even by a teleporting surprise ambush))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:31 am
Kyuu's hand lashed out instinctively, striking the stick into a cascade of splinters and dust before it could hit and possibly ruin any of the bottles on the wall behind him.
Then, reacting to the mage's blinding light he shielded his eyes to no avail; Kyuu's eyesight was cancelled out completely. His field of vision became a darkred blur, but he spent no time whining over it. He focused his senses on every speck of chi present in the room - and in less than a second he had located and identified every chi source there. The aura by the door no doubt belonged to the mole-mage, the rather strong aura close by was Valarouko, and a bit further away he felt an obscurely fashioned aura that he recognized as Jonandra's, and close by that one were her two odd pets.

Valarouko's voice came at him through the void.
"Bah!", he grunted in response. "Swords are for pussies, anyway. I'm gonna handle this with my bare hands!"

That's what he said, but in fact he had a better reason than he gave away. If what the mage had said before was true, then that golden sword could theoretically just disappear out of his hands in the heat of battle - which would have fatal consequences if it happened at the wrong moment.

The second reason was that, just as he'd told Meacorme, he simply wasn't trained at swordfighting. Because according to Kyuu, swords are for pussies.

((Waiting for Neitsabes and Jonandra to sort out their magic business before I have Kyuu attack again.))  

Kyuu

Neitsabes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:29 pm
((Oh Val, you souldn't have mentioned the sword xd ))

The Ivory engulfed mage let out a smirk since he knew they all covered their eyes from his blinding light. And people think light magic is weak... He thought within his simple mind, boosting his own ego as he always does. These simpletons are no macth for me He went on Only a little bit of light throws them off

Soon enough, he felt the creature touch his skull, causing the confident stranger to bend down and send another command. Before the creature could make his third step on the black locks of hair, it was pushed away by a second explosion of light, meeting with the first and merging, making the barrier stronger for a few seconds. Then, like rain, the second wall of light slowly started coming back towards the caster.

"Keep your pets on a leash" He grunted, annoyed by the small beast. Once he heard Val's call towards Kyuu about the sword, he almost slapped his own forehead. The sword! I should have taken it already! I'll sell it to some merchant then leave before Crono summons it He plotted within his barrier of light.

The ivory raindrops which were once the second barrier slowly started to come together. After a few seconds, the light manipulator was in control of a photon made tentacle. "fetch" He let out, the rope of light listenign to his command and diving towards the sword. The tip wrapped itself around the hilt, then slowly dragged it towards it's master. Now they have no hope at all Once again, after his thought, he smirked proudly.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:11 pm
Kyuu touched the bar in front of him with his fingers. He could tell where his enemy was, but for as long as he couldn't see anything, he'd have to rely on his own memory of the tavern's interior. He tried to remember just how many tables they had in the room, and something like where they were. Was it four tables? Five? ... Six?
Ohwell, either he'd get lucky, or he'd end up breaking something. It was worth it, because this wasn't about the money or the devastation.

"But he made Mea cry, that jerk!"

Kyuu's face darkened with resolve, and he flung into motion. Shoving himself off against the floor, he felt himself engulfed in wind as he lunged through the airspace, flipped forward as to gain the power of momentum into his hands, and then threw his palms forward as he closed in on his target, aiming a powerful blast of pure chi at the obnoxious character, enforcing it as he called out his usual name for this particular technique:
"GYAAAAHHH!!"

The attack was a bit on the powerful side, he reckoned, but he hoped that his aim was in direction of the door. If he could only just blow his enemy outside of the tavern, his ability to attack would be less cramped than it was presently.  

Kyuu

Pimpbot 5000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:16 pm
Isn't there someplace where I can find some peace and quiet?

The bright light hadn't affected the her at all, her cloak and helmet saw to that. Standing with a loud clank, she flipped her hood back to reveal a mask shaped like a human head. She used one gauntlet covered hand to flip her cloak back, unveiling her form fitting platemail. With the other hand she unwrapped a spiked chain about ten feet long from around her waist, then held it by a ring in the middle.

"Look, just pay for what you broke and apologize. You're outnumbered, and your light doesn't effect me at all."

((Yay, time to actually post something! ^_^))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Queen "blinked" back to Jonandra and buried into Jonandra's hair, whimpering, sending thoughts of a light that hurt, and fear, and pain.

This didn't help Jonandra's mood at all. She was already upset by seeing the friendly bartender fleeing down the corridor. Now she finds out that the white mage/mole-man is responsible for not only upsetting the kind Mea (and everyone else in the bar), but for damaging the tavern.

And Jonandra found it hard to think through Queen's intense waves of emotion. She'd had one familiar before, but it had not been so mentally expressive as Queen.

Jonandra held her staff in front of her and began invoking her god's assistance.

"God of all that's good, God of Sun and Fire, God of Life and Light, God of Spring and Summer..."

As she invoked her prayer, the Holy Symbol atop her staff began glowing, emitting warmth.

"God of Daylight!" At this last word, the Holy Symbol burst an emission of daybright, day-warm light into the tavern. Jonandra could feel its rays warm her cheeks to a rosy color. She took several steps toward the mole-mage with her staff held in front of her....  

Jonandra

Neitsabes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:10 pm
In his arrogant state, he bearly heard Kyuu's 'war cry'. What's that dumb bus boy do- But at that last thought, his face flushed all the color it had and became pale. "MEYCHIN!" He shouted, seeing the chi blast coming at high speeds. All of the light he had in his control concentrated on where the chi blast would hit.

The chii blast pushed the light back, right at the mage's chest. The impact caused his limbs to fly forwards as his torso was shot back, knocking his back against the door. Most of the impact was absorbed by the light, but the man was still a little injured. He panted heavily as he slowly stood up straight. "That was unexpected, but it won't surprise me again" He spoke with a more serious tone this time, the battle was getting to be intense.

As he was picking up the golden sword with his left hand and forming the swarming light around him back into a barrier, he heard the elf's chanting, which made him smirk. Only the weak call upon the help of their faith... he thought in his narrow mind, but before he would comment on the chanting, he felt compelled to reply to the other stranger: "Outnumbered? You think you little weak adventurers can defeat me? I've defended a whole left flank of invading soldiers by myself, so do your worst you pathetic vermin".

He spoke with a cold and vicious tone, his only aim of answering that was to intimidate his opponents, since that was a lie. Heheh, I love taking all the credit when it was a group effort... He remembered supporting his old friends while they did all the work. Besides, it's not like this 'worm' hasen't taken credit before.

His eyes and thoughts were now back to the chanting one. "So desperate you need your king's assistance?" He asked in a retorrical manner, his sheild of light rebuilt. "What are you gonna do? Attack light with light?" He took a few steps forward in a very elegant and taunting way. "Fighting fire with fire never really worked in my plans, but maybe you're different" He finished his little taunt with a huge grin, mocking the elf's magic and disappearing inside his sphere of light.  
The Black Behemoth Tavern (aka Quests and Crap)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games