Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Realm of Dreams

Back to Guilds

A welcoming guild to all rpers with a hope to make new friends and try all types of rps. 

Tags: roleplay, dreams 

Reply Recycle Bin
The Longest Night (Updated 2/20/10) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want Gold?
  Yes
View Results

ShadowLadyRaven
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:58 pm
Evian smiled, taking another sip from her bottle. "Oh? Have you been to many places?" She asked, tilting her head as she brushed her bangs from her eyes, adjusting the fingerless gloves on her wrists. "I didn't arrive that long ago. Just needed a place to bunker down before I decide where to go. I'm inbetween jobs is all." She murmured, glancing to the blind woman who had come in. She tilted her head as she got up, refocusing her attention to the man next to her. Holding out her hand, she smirked, "I'm Evian. Evian Rose. May I inquire as to who you are my talented sir?" She asked with a chuckle, always glad to meet a friendly sort of person.

After having received some encouragement from the bartender, Naomi rose up from her chair, taking an offered mandolin for her to play. It was a well loved instrument which made her smile a bit, adjusting how she was sitting as heads turned to look at her. Thinking of a tune, she settled upon one about a man who was wrongly accused of a crime and his tale. It seemed to catch most of the mens attention in the tavern, her voice ringing clear and smooth through the air.

(( If you've ever heard the tune Over the Hills and Far Away by Nightwish, thats what she's singing. Here it is if you want to hear. Qualities not the best, but it works.))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 pm
Roran laughed at her statement, finding it funny. "You honestly think you'd get away with that? We humans would fight back. I'm sure some magii would too, plus more would be forced to. Eventually another magii with the same power as yours would come along, and you'd be done for." He didn't understand some magii. Amaya, for example, seemed fine with how the world was. That made him a little sick to his stomach, a magii being fine with the segregation, but what could he do? Nothing. That was the sad fact of it all.

Roran looked up at the moon with her, tracing her line of sight. The moon beamed down, in the same position, never moving, just as it always had been.

Luna looked up at the moon as she walked back to Roran slowly. It beamed down on the village, a never ending gaze. Hearing the pebbles of the stone road crunch under her, she let out a soft sigh. I wonder, if somewhere else on the planet it's always sunny? I mean, with the moon always shining on us, is it sunny anywhere? I've been told that when the sun was around, it would rise in the east, then set in the west, and the moon would follow suit. But now that the moon never moves, and is just directly over us, so is the sun stopped somewhere, bathing someone in never ending sunlight? She had no idea, nor did she care. The never ending darkness was okay with her. Yeah, sunlight might be nice, for a change, but she liked the dark. It was peaceful, and quiet.  

Blaze1616

Maya Freana
Captain

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Amaya shrugged. "I'd get away with it for five minutes. But like I said, I'm not interested in any of that in the first place. I've seen what humans can do to magii, I've seen what magii can do to humans, and I've seen what they do to their own kind..." Amaya told him softly. "I have never taken having to kill lightly. Every time I have to kill someone in order to protect myself or a client, it takes away a little piece of me. So please, do not make me out to be some sort of power-flaunting killer...."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 pm
Roran smirked. "Ah, I think I hit a nerve, eh? Bah, I didn't even say you were a power flaunting killer. I just said that even if you did try to gain respect through fear, you wouldn't last very long, and you'd wind up dead anyways." Being silent for a moment, his voice was soft when he spoke again. "You act as though you've killed hundreds, and yet you know every one of them. If killing others hurts you so much, well, I hate to tell ya, but you're in the wrong profession. You shouldn't be a guard if you have a hard time taking the life of an attacker. Otherwise you're actually putting your client in more danger."  

Blaze1616

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm
Gitano had watched as the blind woman take up a mandolin and start to sing. He looked back at Evian and smiled. Taking her hand he kissed the back of it and said, "My name is Gitano, my Lady Evian Rose. Just plain Gitano."

He let the Evian's hand go and went back to his drink. "I've been around, yes. I've seen the moon colored sea on one end, and tall mountains on the other." He looked back over to the singer and said softly, "Makes me wonder what's on the other side of these barriers...If the sun is on the other side, waiting for us to find it..."

Ashe closed her eyes as she heard the voice waif up to her from the chimney and smiled. "Such a nice voice..." she said softly as she lay there. She rested, but sleep wouldn't come, not yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:09 pm
"Perhaps. But that's why I'm thinking of dropping my current profession as I said earlier. I know self-defense is needed, but still...I'm much more interested in following leads that will eventually lead me nowhere." Amaya told him. "Ah well. Life happens, everyone gets confused sometimes."  

Maya Freana
Captain

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ShadowLadyRaven
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm
Evian glanced up at the movement to her right, some part of her ears paying attention to the song, but for the most part her focus was upon this fellow traveler. She couldn't help but smile as he took her hand and kissed it, a gentleman. They always seemed so few in the world... then again it wasn't like she went out of her way to find the best of crowds. "Well it's a pleasure "Just-Plain-Gitano." She chuckled, taking a nice deep swig of her gin bottle as their hands parted.

Tilting her head a bit, it wasn't often she found someone who had traveled so far, even she hadn't seen such things. "I'm sure they were great things to see. I wish my work allowed me to go to places other than towns, but alas it doesn't." She did pause, the music rolling through her ears as she mused upon what he had said. "Who knows? I've always had a preference towards the night myself, but it was always nice to see the sun on some days. Feel its warmth..." She sighed lightly, her gaze seeming to grow a bit distant. "Maybe someone lassooed it and has it tied down somewhere. Maybe someone is being greedy." She smirked, taking another sip. Looking up as the singer finished, she applauded, getting up to place a few coins next to the glass of wine where the woman was sitting before returning to her chair. Her green eyes returned to him, remembering what he had said earlier. "So do you take coins for your work or not? After all, you seemed to just want the room and no pay." She inquired, more than willing to give him some coins for his song as well, she had enjoyed it so.

Finishing with a final strum, Naomi's voice faded into silence before the applause filled her ears. She gave a polite, modest sort of smile and bowed, feeling the vibrations as some got up. Some took her hand and placed money in it, which she bowed her head and thanked them for. She placed the money she had earned into the pouch she kept it in, also scooping some off of the counter. She handed the mandolin back to the bartender with an appreciative smile, feeling for the base of the wine glass carefully before she could take a sip.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:05 pm
Roran huffed a laugh. "Lead you where? There's no where to go! Everywhere you can go is darkened by the lack of sun! From the Genco Mountains in the east, to the Mercury Sea in the west! Then there's Satan's Valley in the south to the Enotaur Mountains in the north! We're surrounded by barriers we can't cross, we're stuck. You can't go anywhere that isn't dark." Roran looked down at his feet, growing quiet. It was all true though. They were surrounded by natural blockades. There was no way out. They were stuck, stranded in this forever dark hole. Nothing was going to change that.  

Blaze1616

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm
Gitano took a sip of his drink and quoted something the old man use say when he was a child.
"Breath deep
The gathering gloom
Watch lights fade
From every room
Bedsitter people
Look back and lament
Another day's useless
Energy spent

Impassioned lovers
Wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love
And has none
New mother picks up
And suckles her son
Senior citizens
Wish they were young

Cold hearted orb
That rules the night
Removes the colours
From our sight
Red is gray and
Yellow white
But we decide
Which is right
And Which is an Illusion"

He smiled and said, "I take coins, but why should I ask for coins when I can get a free room?"

Ashe feel asleep on top of the roof shortly after the singing stopped.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm
Evian paused as she was about to finish off the bottle of gin, listening as he recited the poem. Or, at least it seemed to be a poem to her. It made her pause and tilt her head, mulling it over in her head. But her emerald eyes refocused as he spoke again, blinking as her gaze fell upon him. "I suppose... If I offered you coins for the song, would you take it?" She asked softly, her smile warm as she finished off the bottle, placing it down. "On a different note, that poem was beautiful. Who wrote it? Oh, if I ever pry too far, you don't have to answer. I understand people do like keeping some things to themselves." She added the last part rather quickly, realizing she did sometimes accidentally step on some toes when she inquired. Ah well, no one was perfect.  

ShadowLadyRaven
Vice Captain

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 pm
"I don't know who wrote it..." Gitano said, finishing his own drink. "There was an old man in my village who would recite that every time the children would ask him about the sun." He was looking forward as the memories of those days came back to him. When Evian mentioned paying him he looked over and smile. "I don't suppose I would be able to turn down the offer."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 pm
Cocking her head, Evian's expression softened, lowering her eyes to the empty bottle. "A beautiful way to answer." She said softly, her thoughts drifting back to her own past, paying for just one last drink. It was a tonic, just simple and tasty. And... strong. Paying for it, she smiled as she looked to him, her bangs remaining stubborn in getting in the way of her features. While she had her coins out, she offered him a few, what she thought was adequate for lightening up her evening. "It's rare to find people with natural gifts, so when they appear it's always wonderful to see them. They deserve to know how greatly they are appreciated." She murmured, lowering her eyes to her drink once the bartender placed it in front of her which she thanked him for.

"I.... never really asked about the sun. I had no need to. People were always talking and half the time it seemed like their speculations came up on what the reason was for it's disappearance. Usually never the kindest of answers though." It wasn't entirely untrue, maybe just tweaked a bit so as not to leave mention to her being a magii. She was luckier than some with her ability to blend in with humans, and she made sure to keep it that way.

ShadowLadyRaven
Vice Captain

Maya Freana
Captain

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm
"True. We are indeed trapped in our own little cage." She sighed. "Still, to me, it's better and more fun to travel about in this little cage than stay in the same spot. I'll probably find my death scaling the mountains. But it would still be fun to climb the mountains. Even if we live in a dark world, I don't want to live a dark life, however long that may be." Amaya sighed. "However, you seem bent on focusing what happened so long ago. Nothing is ever going to change if you just brood over what already is." She said to Roran.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:50 pm
Roran's laughter boomed, she was right. "You got me there," he said, nodding his acknowledgment to her. "You are absolutely right. Life shouldn't be dark. But don't think I'm brooding. I'm perfectly fine. I'm just looking for a way to change the world. My problem is that I can't do it alone. At least not right now." Roran looked her in the eyes, the wind blowing his hair out of his face. "I must suggest not scaling the mountains however. It would be a shame for the world to lose someone as unique as you." Looking back into the darkness, he let out a soft sigh. If only he knew the time.  

Blaze1616

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm
Gitano smiled as he took the coins from Evian. "I thank you for the complement. That is what makes my job worthwhile." He placed the coins into a small coin purse. "Though the ones with true natural gifts are Magii," he said softly. "It's a shame the way Humans treat them...The old man was one, and I owe him my life." He sighed and debated on ordering one more drink or not.

"The old man would always tell of the colors that the world had while the sun shown. Those in the village never contradicted him, his age gave him that."

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff