Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
How often do you use cheats? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

marshmallowcreampie

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 am
Title says it all, how often do you use cheats on your Sims game? What cheats do you normally use?

When I first start a family, I used the motherlode cheat a time or two so I can make them the perfect house. I try to use as much as I can from it, so after that, they're on their own and must earn the money to get other things. I've also used the buydebug cheat, the one in Sims 3 that lets you buy spawners. I have a guy who loves to fish so I wanted him to have a fishing pond right in his own backyard, without having to go out of his way to stock it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 am
well i have a family that i use nothing but cheats and i also have a family that i dont and some how th one i dont use cheats on is living better  

MizuBushi

1,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

marshmallowcreampie

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 pm
Jiraiya707
well i have a family that i use nothing but cheats and i also have a family that i dont and some how th one i dont use cheats on is living better

Probably because they actually have stuff to do. When I first started the game, I used cheats. Then there was no reason for them to get jobs, and I didn't really have anything I could make them do.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:36 pm
marshmallowcreampie
Jiraiya707

Probably because they actually have stuff to do. When I first started the game, I used cheats. Then there was no reason for them to get jobs, and I didn't really have anything I could make them do.
what i meant is the ones that i dont use cheats on are leaving in a nicer house and are hella alot richer  

MizuBushi

1,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

moonsona

Dangerous Darling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm
Normally, I would cheat the hell out of my sims, until I read Alice and Kev. So now I am starting my own project just like it. Homeless sims, bt instead of just two sims, I wanted to try it with three. Two twins, a boy and a girl, and a father.
Anyway, It's a nice change from using cheats all the time, to not using any at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:31 am
'maxmotives' is my bff.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dust.And.Echoes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 pm
Right now I'm doing a legacy...so none at all. I even had to remove some of my mods.

Sometimes, I'll build a house, check out the furnished price, and use the familyfunds one to get them to 500 more than the house...so from there out they're on their own.

If I use cheats and make their lives easy, I lose interest really fast.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:40 am
Moveobjects and constrainfloorelevation ftw.  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Esora2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:58 pm
When I play I almost always have moveobjects on only because my sims are super stupid and like to walk into objects and get stuck. Annoying little....

I am trying to use maxmotives less because there's no point of actually playing the game if I just cheat their needs up. That and motherlode. I usually use kaching though to get to a point when I first play them, and after that they get jobs.

And as for bool prop I avoid it at all costs. I worry what that cheat will do to my game D:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 pm
Once I used Motherlode over and over again. Half of my gameplay would be using cheats such as boolprop, maxmotives, ect...

Then it got boring... and I dropped it.

I picked it up again, restarted the entire thing, no cheats at all, and still to this day I've been more interested in the game then before. I guess realistically, everyone struggles...and I've always loved the reality of the game.

Darth Kosher

Karol19

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm
I cheat all the time 3nodding
Why? becuse in sims 2 I sent my sim to collage and he committed suicide by running to the bathroom...
His brothers and sisters did it to... crying
I still don't know how this kills them... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:48 am
I used to cheat alot when I played Sims 2, but when I switched to Sims 3, I kind of stopped cheating as much...
(I would use money cheats and the maxmotives and a whole bunch of cheats... XD )

I usually get them some money(But I don't always do it) to get a decent house... And then they have to work to get more money... : )

When I cheated all the time I got really tired of the game... ^^'

Monsieur Gaylord

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:53 pm
The only cheat I use in Sims 3 really is moveobjects when decorating or removing stuck objects.
I used to cheat so much more in Sims 2.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:13 am
Unless I am doing a story, no cheats whatsoever. If I am doing a story I overload my game with cheats for the story to work.  

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

in a timely manner

The Committee Staff Grabber

6,850 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Millionaire 200
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:58 pm
I almost always use testingcheatsenabled and then max all of the needs. I get tired of them having to use the bathroom and eat all of the time, so I just make it so I don't have to worry about that.

I recently started a legacy where I won't use any cheats at all. C: It's kind of fun.

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff