Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] And let the games Begin...[Hallows Bane x Nymphalidae] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm
Every story has a beginning...

The Victims Players:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own.” -- Michael Konda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 pm
Evening had come all to slow for Hallows liking, the sunset casting hues of gold, red, and orange over the surrounding sky. Night couldn’t come fast enough. Hallows breathed a sigh of relief, a small puff of smoke coming out of his nostrils. The sun warmed him too much and made him uncomfortable. He didn’t really understand why his body reacted the way it did, doubted it was because of his coat of blacks and greens, but he didn’t really care. Nothing really mattered at this current time.

He could hear his family settling down for the night not too far from where he stood. It was his watch tonight, to protect his family and give warning should the need arise. However, he doubted anything would come. It never did. And so he was stuck in the endless boredom of his mind. Hallows wanted something new to come his way; something new, exciting. Something that would give him a run for his money, to actually give him a challenge for once. Boredom was not something this Soquili wanted.

So as he walked down the path towards his post he heard suddenly heard a shift in the trees nearby, a new scent that he had never come across before. Hallows stopped and stood straighter, his ears cocked forward listening. The sound of hoof beats met them.

Hallows growled lowly in his throat in warning and the hoof falls came closer, “Show yourself.”

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm
Nymphalidae had, in all honestly, been tracking a small rodent she'd heard; the grass she'd eaten had only taken the edge off her hunger, bug she craved meat. That there happened to be other horses nearby was purely a coincidence -- and she tended to only prey on young foals, anyway, so long as they were not of the kalona breed. She let out a soft growl when her hooves crunched on leaves and twigs on the ground, surly giving away her presence to the mouse and losing what would have been her dinner.

When the mare made to sigh, she caught the scent of other horses nearby when she breathed in, and was instantly on alert, ears flicking this way and that to pick up any sound of movement. It took only a few steps further for Nymphalidae to spot the stallion between the trees on a pathway, and the first things she spotted were his noble horns and wings.

A smile graced her muzzle when she heard him call out, and the mare pushed her way through the trees, leaves clinging to her hair as she emerged out into the open just as he requested. Unafraid. This was her kin, or so she believed -- even if the single horn on her head and delicate wings said otherwise. "You made me lose my dinner," she scoffed, blaming him even though it hadn't actually been his fault.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:02 pm
Hallows regarded the mare in quiet curiosity, there was something about her that was different, if her words about him making her lose her dinner gave any indication. Her boldness in coming out in a seemingly unafraid fashion caught him off guard as well. Most would have already either up and left without so much a word or showing themselves. Or came out rather intimidated.

"My apologies. I wasn't aware that a Soquili hunted at night," he replied rather dryly.

Never mind the fact that she said hunted instead of grazed. Whatever she ate was her business, not his. She was rather intriguing to be honest, both in looks and her personality from what he'd seen so far. Very intriguing. But alas this was not the time to allow his mind to wander. She was here in his herd's territory and he was curious to know just how far in she was going to wander. She didn't seem like she posed any threat at the moment, although that horn looked rather sharp and looks could be rather deceiving.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 pm
With narrowed eyes, Nymphalidae held her head up proudly. "Of course they do," she began, her tone of voice condescending, as if the answer were obvious. "Prey sleeps at night, or are weary from the day and trying to find a place to settle. It is when they are their most vulnerable." As she spoke, she made sure to keep her wings close against her body -- they could easily be torn off if this stallion were to decide to attack her, but more than that, she was ashamed of them in the shadow of his own wings... small as they might be, now that she could see them clearly. Nevertheless, they appeared much stronger than her own.

She gazed at him with curiosity, leaning her head forward to squint at him in the darkness, her ears pricked forward and taking note of the sharp fangs visible against the dark pelt of his body. "... and you should know, fanged one. Your teeth are made for ripping flesh, not pulling grass. Are you not a hunter like me?"

Unless... perhaps this stallion lived in shame of his heritage, like she did? Nymphalidae laughed out loud at the very idea, although she did not speak her thoughts. What pure kalona could possibly feel ashamed of their breed? Only fools.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:33 pm
A valid response; he had to give her that much at. And she was a proud creature. Admirable, nothing like the mares in his current herd. Such as it was that was the reason he hadn't settled down with a female yet. Not fit his fancy, rather sad when you lived in a rather large herd made up of mostly females. Hence why he was always the lookout.

As to her question he had to word it carefully. Not so much for her sake but for his. If word got back to his herd that he did indeed partake in flesh on the New Moon every month things would not be the greatest. And honestly he didn't want to deal with it. Yeah, it annoyed him to no end but his herd was all he really had.

"I do partake in the eating of flesh, but only on the full moon."

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 pm
Such restraint confused the mare. Why hold back? Why only eat flesh on one day? It made little sense to her, for Nymphalidae did not need to live in shame over what she ate... of course, this was because she was alone. She had no family to make proud, no one to hide secrets from. "Why? You have your fangs every day. Surly your hunger does not wait for the moon to be full?" She gazed up at the darkening sky at the moon that hung there; not quite full yet. There were still days left until it would be.

She turned her eyes to look back at the stallion again, and she began to circle around him, unabashedly sizing him up. Nymphalidae's eyes flicked to gaze at his tail, seeing that it more closely resembled that of a unicorn's, and she hid her feelings of disgust. So, perhaps that was why. But at least he did not shy away from eating meat completely...

"Why don't you hunt with me, then? Tonight. Right now." She watched, carefully, for his reaction with judging eyes. Would he cringe at the idea? "Besides," she added, as an afterthought, "you owe me dinner."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 pm
Hallow's looked intently at the mare in front of him. So many questions and so many answers he could give to her. But he opted for the honest one.

"I honestly am not completely sure why. Something in my blood tells me to wait on the full moon. Be that as it may I'm neither a Uni or Kalona, so therefore their genes I would assume do not affect me. Some, if not most who come into my presence consider me a silent demon and cringe in my company."

He looked up at the sky and the half moon, "I do not live in shame. I merely follow my instincts. I will hunt with you this night, but I most likely not partake in flesh. There are still two days until I truly feed."

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm
Neither a unicorn or kalona? Nymphalidae did not know what to make of this -- a silent demon? Well, he did indeed have the horns and wings of one; but was the great kalona breed not demons as well? However, she did understand all too well to the calling in ones own blood -- hers told her it was okay to eat the grass and flowers on the ground. In fact, she had done just that earlier... not that she would ever admit to doing so.

No -- for all anyone else knew, she was purely carnivore. And she planned on keeping it that way.

Suddenly she knew what it was to have secrets, faced with someone who spoke to her so honestly. She could not even admit to her own filthy heritage, even though it was obvious from her appearances alone. Unicorn and butterfly wings... why couldn't she have at least inherited at least her father's powerful horns? Why was she cursed with these weaknesses?

Well. At least he agreed to hunt with her -- and she smiled at him, both cruel and mysterious. Most likely would not partake in flesh? She'd see about that. "Into the forest, then, shall we? The trees will keep us hidden from our prey," Nymphalidae suggested, but she did not move, waiting for him to go first.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:44 pm
"As you wish. There is a place nearby with a herd of small dear. I've noticed that one or two have recently gotten injured. It shouldn't be too difficult to take them," Hallows explain nonchalantly turning to the left on his hindquarters and walking towards the northern forest.

The wind rustled his mane as it floated past and his pupil narrowed even more than it already was as the darkness of the trees overtook his form. He could hear the pink maned mare close by. For once he felt a bit more ease with someone, and who knew it would be female. He'd let his guard down...eventually, if the time proved to be right. But for now he was content with just hunting with her.

"Well this is interesting," he mused, "we are suddenly hunting with one another and yet I do not know your name. I am known as Hallows Bane, or the Silent Demon in less than friendly company. My herd calls me Hallows. You may call me what you wish."

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:15 pm
Nymphalidae followed close behind the stallion as she allowed him to lead the way. She did not usually hunt deer; they were too swift and large for her -- an unfortunately trait gained from her small-framed mother. No, young foals and usdias were much easier to hunt, although she felt confident that she would be able to take down an injured mare, especially with a companion. In fact, she was sure that between the two of them they could prey upon a fully grown and healthy deer... but it was best not to risk it. She would not be made a fool of in front of this 'demon.'

"You do not need to know anothers name to hunt with them, Bane," she whispered softly to him, keeping her voice low so as not to scare off these potential deer. As interesting as she found this stallion, she would prefer not to fail her second hunt of the night. "All you need is a connection. To be able to communicate with your hunting partner even in silence, to know each other's tactics and know where they are at all times. Hunters who instinctively know when to strike are the most successful... experience, understanding..." and she trailed off, realizing she did not share any of these things with Hallows Bane.

And so she relented her name.

"I am Nymphalidae. I do not go by any other name."

And you will call me nothing else but what I tell you, she thought to herself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:27 pm
Hallows flicked one ear back at her to listen. Her answer was soft, quite unlike her in Hallows opinion. She seemed like the proud type. Which most certainly wasn't a bad quality.

"Pleasure Nymphalidae, I'll be sure to remember it," Hallows replied just as lowly.

A break in the trees cameall too soon into Hallows vision and his eyes narrowed. They were close to their meal, or Nymphalidae's meal he should say. He could smell blood in the air. Yes, one he knew for sure was injured, and just recently at that. With every step he took he made them lighter, softer, almost mute in nature. Almost like a lion his eyes narrowed to slits and crouched lightly in a predatory manner. Nevermind that Nymhalidae was with him, he smelt blood, and he wanted it.

"Two-o'clock, the injured one," he growled lowly in his throat.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 pm
Her ears were at alert again as soon as the scent of meat reached her, and she inhaled deeply in anticipation -- a chill of excitement ran down along her spine as she crept forward. Nymphalidae kept watch of Bane through the corner of her eye, constantly judging him, watching the way he moved, the way he hunted.

She moved away from him as the pair of them moved in closer to their prey, but only just enough so that when they struck, they would be attacking at two different angles, limiting the deer's routes of escape.

She did not reply, but swallowed down the growl that threatened to give away her position. She looked at Hallows Bane through trees and bushes, seeking out for their eyes to meet, and then she tilted her head, the slightest twitch of a movement to nod toward the deer, signaling that she was ready...

... and not a moment later she was bursting through the foliage that hid them, her single horn wielded as a deadly weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm
Hallows wasn't far behind her, teeth bared he pushed through the foliage and cut off an escape path for the deer in front of him. The deer, already scared almost to death by Nymphilidae skidded to the side and tried to make a run for it from the stallion and his partner.

He couldn't help but grin devilishly, it was all child's play to him. He could feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins, his heart beating strongly in his chest as he singled out the injured one he smelt. All he started to feel was bloodlust. For the first time ever he felt it before the full moon. And it felt damn good.

Coming up strongly from the injured deers left he quickly and efficiently slammed his horns into its gut. He could feel the deers ribs crack and his yelp of pain. However he didn't want to have all the fun, he did have someone else with him as well.

With every lope the deer was starting to tire and as such Hallows cut it off, giving Nymphalidae just enough time to land the killing blow.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 pm
There was no question in Nymphalidae's mind which one was their target; she could see the injured deer, smell its blood, its fear, and she nickered with delight as the pounding hooves of she and her partner closed in on the weakened deer. She saw Hallows Bane strike their prey with his horns -- such glorious and strong horns! -- and she lowered her head, stomping her hooves on the ground as she lunged for the deer. She impaled the deer through the neck, pushing the prey to the ground, rearing up to finish the creature with her sharp hooves.

Not moments later, blood was splattered over the ground, over her hooves and across her face, and the deer's chest moved no longer. Nymphalidae tossed her head with the joy of their victory, and she peered at the stallion between strands of her mane that now hung down in front of her face. "You cannot deny that was thrilling, can you? You hunted well, and the moon is not even full!" Her front hooves shifted anxiously, the adrenaline still rushing through her and filling her with energy. She could hardly stand still, eager to feast on their prey.

But she stepped over the fallen deer to walk close to Hallows Bane, the smile on her bloodied face a teasing smirk, now. "You will eat with me. Do not tell me your instincts would deny you this. Do not tell me the scent of this creature's blood does not make you hungry..."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff