Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:37 pm
((Cliche title, yay!))

User Image
Branwen knew better than to wander off, especially after the terrifying encounter with her father, but some times curiosity was too great a thing to ignore. There was just too much to explore and she was just too big a ball of energy to stay put for too long. Besides, the little filly hadn't wandered far from the willow tree her family stayed close to, just to the open field nearby. While she loved being around the family she had, it was nice to be away from Metawa and Shula's talk of eating each other. It was rather depressing and frightening, especially when the subject turned to eating her. The youngest of the three offspring simply didn't inherit their father's lust for flesh like the other two and she couldn't understand that desire to eat a fellow Soquili.

But the young crossbreed could put all of that behind her for the time being and enjoy herself for a bit. With a happy little nicker she trotted out into the field, the over grown grass tickling at her legs as she rushed past. She hopped about with her wings spread out and flapping wildly as she tried to get herself airborne with little success. That didn't seem to dampen her spirits much though, she was certain she would be able to fly like the elders of her family one day. So she continued to romp through the field, completely content with just that and nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm
(sorry if there are letters missing, am on the hunni's computer and it has extra letters so my fingers get lost)
User Image

Cael had made his way to the field, glad the snow had receeded off the grass. Since the old human woman that raised him had passed he had found it hard to find food for himself, the winter had been hard and food scarce. Now the snow was going, grass and sprouts were showing he was managing a little better. He just hoped he learnt enough to look after himself come the next winter. Shaking his head as he walked along th grass, looking up at the clouds, watching the shapes form and fade. A rueful smile on his lips, thinking he really sounded like a helpless little foal. He had grown up, though while he was growing up he had never had to fend for himself, not in the way other foals had. He sighed, he was sure he would learn.

Stopping and looking up at th sunny cloudy sky, despite his colour his marking blended in with those rolling clouds, though when he stood still th clouds on his pelt didn't move or seem like they were. He wondered sometimes if the markings on him had predicted what he would be... A clouded soquili that reads the clouds. He had no idea if that was ironic, fate or cliche, but he didn't care. Smiling and closing his eyes as a shaft of sunlight streaks from behind a cloud bathing him in wampth. Letting out a soft winny of enjoyment, the sun felt good.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 pm
The filly was in mid-hop when she froze, hearing the whinny of someone nearby. She thumped to the ground, stiff-legged and ears perked, searching for any other sounds of this other being. Sucking in the air around her allowed for a new scent Branwen wasn't familiar with and as her eyes scanned over the field she found its source. A strange steed with horns, which were very different from her own, on his head and a cloudy red pelt. As if she wasn't already fighting off curiosity her friendly nature was urging her to approach this stallion.

But she wasn't completely foolhardy, she wasn't about to bound right up to him and start chatting. Instead she moved towards the edge of the field, butting up against the trees of the forest, and slowly moved towards him with her head low in a submissive manner. As the foal drew near to Caelius she gave a soft whinny, choosing to announce her presence rather than run the rick of startling him or bringing herself too close to a possibly dangerous stallion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 am
Cael stood enjoying the wampth of the sun, his eyes remaining closed, face upturned. From a distance it probably looked majestic and proud, though if anyone got close enough to see his eyes were closed it would probably just seem stupid. Not having noticed the little filly working her way cautiously round towards him, though he would probably think her creeping up like her was going to eat her cute, thats if he could see her. As it was he was in a blissful daze, enjoying the heat of the sun, he couldn't wait till late spring and summer, this warmpth all the time would be wonderful, he loved how it soaked into him.

Opening his eyes when he hears the soft whinny, looking around, not seeing
anyone at first, looking puzzled for a moment before directing his gaze lower, finally seeing the little horned filly. Seeming momenterily surprised, his eyes flicking to her little horns before focusing on her face again. Smiling at her wondering what game she had been playing had had her sneeking up on him. "Hello little one, were you going to try to make me jump?"

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm
Branwen grinned as the stallion spoke, hearing a gentleness in his voice that quickly put all her cautions aside, "Of course not! I just came over to say hi. I thought I was alone out here, but I guess not." Her expression went sheepish as she trotted up closer to Caelius and began to run a circle around him, taking in all the unusual features she wasn't used to. The pronged horns, cleft hooves and especially his short tail. That, among all his features, she found the most interesting because it wasn't like the long flowing tails of her mother's family or the spade-tipped Kalona tail she shared with her eldest sister and father.

With a giggle the filly ceased her circle around the cloudy stallion, cutting it off in front of him, "You have a funny tail. Why does it look like that?" The look on her face was complete innocence and it was obvious there was no malcontent in her question, only a complete ignorance of his breed and childish curiosity. She was so used to the long maned and tailed Wind Soq of her family that someone like Caelius was a completely fascinating encounter and the only thing to do was ask silly little questions that only a foal would ask.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 am
Stoppting trying to follow her as she ran round him, turning his head that fast was making him dizzy, besides she seemd harmless enough. Cael chuckled at her questions and shakes his head. "Hello little miss." Glad she had stopped running around him, it was easyer to talk to any size people when they were still. Smiling at her now he could look at her again without becoming dizzy. Looking over her tail and horns, not having seen anyone with tail and horns like that before, wanting to ask her the exact same thing. Grinning and lowering his head enough to be on eyelevel with her.

Giving her a friendly wink. "I'll tell you, but after you need to tell me about your funny tail. I've not seen one like that before." Looking back round at his tail, not really knowing why it was like that, but it seemd to be a trait of his kind. Deciding against telling her some fantastic story about his tail getting pulld off when it got stuck in a tree. "Well I think its like that because I'm a Cerynei, I get a little tufty tail, antlers on my head and really funny hooves. But then again I've not met another that had antlers on their head so maybe I'm something really weird." Sometimes wondering of that was why he had been left alone, glad he had been found by a caring two legger. Smiling at her gently.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 am
She gave a gleeful grin, nodding furiously as he requested information about her own appearance once he was finished telling her about his. Of course, she knew just about as much about her Kalona half as Caelius knew about his own breed so her explanation would be a bit less than insightful.

Listening intently as he spoke, Branwen looked at each feature as he mentioned them, trying to take in everything and process it into something she could understand. The filly had no clue what a Cerynei looked like either, nor was she even familiar with the word truthfully, but she took note of it nevertheless. She would just ask her aunt or grandmother about it later to get a better picture and determine whether this stallion was weird or not. Once he was finished with his explanation she smiled back and turned to the side, flicking her tail about like an aggravated cat, "Aunt Ali says I look like this because daddy's a Kalona and momma's a Wind Soquili. I don't really know what much of that mean though but I think the wind thing has to do with my wings since all of momma's family has them. My sister Metawa looks like this too, only her and Shula's wings are kind of different...They don't look like everyone elses'."

Once she had finally finished her babbling the foal's eyes lowered to the ground as if she were in silent contemplation. Somehow the spew of information about her family seemed to have triggered something in her thought process that she was slowly trying to piece together.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 am
Cael smiles, feeling a small flutter of panic when she mentiond Kalona's, though she was acting nothing like he had herd kalona were like. Though he was thinking he should be glad of that. Though he made note of the horns and tail so he knew when to be careful in future.

Watching as she became subdued, worrying that she was sad. Of the mind that no child should be sad, especially when there was no obvious reason for it. Not really having any experience with foals, so he had no idea of the best way to cheer her up, but saying nice things always made others happy. "Well you are very pretty, such nice colours and with stars too, your so lucky, I wish I had stars. And I wont start on about the wings, soft and feathers, very lucky." Not sure if it was weird to be complementing a foal like this but as long as it cheered her up he didn't really care. "But if you want to know my name is Cael, and I'm very happy to meet you." Smiling at her gently.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 am
Being easy to please, she instantly perked up at his compliments, eyes returning to him with a big smile, "You really think so? Aunt Ali has lots of stars on her. It's really pretty! Your coat is fun, it's like the sky when the sun is setting. I like looking at the sky when the sun is setting, it always has such pretty colors. I've tried to stay up and look at the stars at night, but I always fall asleep..." She seemed a bit disgruntled at this fact but it didn't last long and very quickly her cheery expression returned.

"Oh! Cael, hmm?" The filly took a moment to ponder this name, saying it several times over in her mind and even muttering it once to herself, "Alright then! I'll call you Cael. I'm Branwen. My aunt gave me that name because my momma and daddy weren't around to give me one." The fact that neither of her parents were around to raise her didn't seem to be a bother, it was something she thought of as normal and, to be honest, she was pretty sure she didn't want her father around anyways. Not after he had said he was going to eat her and her siblings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:06 pm
Smiling happily Cael's little tail wiggleing, often wishing that it was longer and looked less like a little rabbit tail. Though he also wished it looked less like a dog wagging its tail any time he moved it. Glad she had cheerd right up, laying on some more complements. "Well then it sounds like your aunt is almost as pretty as you then." His smile permanantly on his face, fluctuating between a big grin and an amused smirk. "Well when we are little none of us manage to stay up late, but as you get bigger you will see stars, I promise... And trust me, they are worth the wait." Nodding again with a smirk on his face.

"My mother and father wernt around to name me either, a two legger looked after me and picked my name." Hoping that she at least got to know one of her parents, often having wondered why his had left him in the woods when he was so young. "Branwen is very pretty, do you like all your name used or just part of it?" Smiling thinking Bran and Cael were both grains that the twoleggers grew for food, not sure why but this connection popped into his head. Hoping it ment that he would be friends with this little one as she grew and on into her adulthood.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 pm
Branwen giggled a bit as she watched his tail wiggle, finding it too amusing to resist, "I hope so. It wouldn't be fair if I spent all this time trying to stay up and they were lame." She gave a silly little grin and started to move around a bit, fluttering her wings or prancing here and there as if she were antsy or something of the sort. She stopped her movement though and tipped her head at the mention of two-leggers.

Before she could question him about this two-legger she mentioned shortening her name and her train of thought was completely gone. The filly looked up to the sky, thinking about his question, "Well...no one ever shortens it, but you can if you want to. Bran...Yeah, I like that." She grinned widely, fangs peeking from the corners of her mouth. Thate previous train of thought seemed to return to her after she considered her new name, "So...You were raised by a two-legger? What are they like? I've heard a little about them, but not very much."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:05 am
Cael smiled at her laughter, not minding that it was probably because of his short tail, laughter was a joyus sound to him, and since his twolegger had gone, he had been lacking for joy. Watching her move around, knowing from his own childhood that foals could be very energetic, and they had been stood still a while now. Trying to think up somehing to do so she could race around as she probably wanted to.

"Well Bran it will be then." Nodding and smiling, it was good to know what to call her, though if she preferd her full name he would use that too. Tilting his head as he thinks of a good way to explain twoleggers. "Well the one that raised me was really nice and cairing, she took good care of me and kept me safe. But like soquili not all twoleggers are nice so its best to be cautious, but many are nice enough." Smiling not wanting to scare her, though wanting to make sure she was cautious when meeting twoleggers. Many were nice and friendly, but he had seem some he wouldn't want finding a foal alone.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm
"Oh, I see." This she actually understood. Not even a day old from her basket she had been introduced to the extremes of personalities. The first she had met, her aunt Alinore, was much like Cael's two-legger; kind, caring and gentle. But then her father appeared and she quickly learned the feeling of fear. She loved to run, but never again did she want to run like she had then. Fleeing with only the instinct of a deadly predator hot on her tail controlling her every action.

She shook her head, dislodging those thought from her mind, and pranced again, "I'll be sure to be careful around them then." She grinned as if to reassure that statement, or maybe the complete opposite, and gave her tail a whip-like flick. She was beginning to feel antsy again. Standing around just wasn't her strong point and so she decided to get something started, "Do you want to play a game?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 pm
Cael smiled and nodded, seeing that she understood and was wanting to run around. "Sure, what game would you like to play?" Smiling down at her as she starts to prance around again, not able to stop the grin from curling his lips again. He couldn't help it, when he met foals he just kept thinking how cute they were. Letting her prance around as much as she wanted to while she decides what game she wanted to play.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 am
For just a moment, Branwen stood still as she tried to think of a game. Apparently thinking and prancing couldn't be done at the same time yet. Her eyes drifted to the sky as she though, as if the clouds would somehow give her the answer she was looking for. But in the end they didn't, for neither of them could fly at the moment, "How about hide n' seek? I play it with my sisters a lot. But only when aunt Ali is watching. She's afraid they might try to eat me." She said that last part as if it were no big deal, like the thought of her sisters trying to eat her were a ridiculous one even though they had both talked about doing so before.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff