Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I have some questions... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Littlest Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm
hello, I am interested in learning all I can about a specific branch of the pagan religion but sadly I don't have the name of it, only a short description

they don't believe in god, and instead they (as best as I can tell) believe that humans are the god's of this world. they practice a magic, the spells they cast are very smiler to wiccan. they have bad karma spells and good karma spells. they also do a ritual when you join and have a naming spell. I also know that to do spells they use candles and incense usually, but alot of other things are also used.
NEW INFO: it is a new world pagan religion, not old world pagan

I don't know anything more and wish to learn more about only this branch. as I get more info I will add it to the list untill someone can name the branch.

EDIT: a copy of the conversation were she explained the religon to me

9/28/2009 8:00:43 PM Risingshade(kera) Anthame Elatha I discovered the pagan group I am in is called a coven

/3/2010 5:21:28 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) I'm a branch of pagan
2/3/2010 5:21:32 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) that doesnt fallow a diety
2/3/2010 5:21:37 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) but that doesnt mean there arent any
2/3/2010 5:21:57 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) so wait, some pagans worship a god and some dont?
2/3/2010 5:22:05 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) mhm
2/3/2010 5:22:13 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) theres a lot of different branches of paganism
2/3/2010 5:22:26 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) I just fallow one that doesnt have a diety
2/3/2010 5:22:37 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) I only knew there was old world and new world pagan religons
2/3/2010 5:23:50 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) so now I wonder this, since your branch dosnt beleve in a diety, what do you worship?
2/3/2010 5:25:12 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) we dont really worship
2/3/2010 5:25:38 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) we believe of ourselves as our own diety and we fallow what we believe we are expected for
2/3/2010 5:26:01 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) we all have our own heart and to devolope our own uquie place in this world
2/3/2010 7:47:50 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) yep. Btw, I still have one thing I am not clear on. Sadly I watched the simpsons and lisa simpson ran into some wikka people and they taught her about wikka. From what they were saying I couldnt tell if the creators were confusing pagan and wikka, or if they are very similer, what is the dif between wikka and pagan?
2/3/2010 7:49:38 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) wikka is a strict verson of pagan
2/3/2010 7:49:51 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) with specific rules and gods
2/3/2010 7:49:57 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) it is a branch of pagan
2/3/2010 7:50:09 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) wikka is a form of pagan?! I had no idea
2/3/2010 7:50:30 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) yeah
2/3/2010 7:50:40 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) thats why a lot of our spells are the same

EDIT#2:

11/2/2009 10:34:20 PM Risingshade(kera): its the first step to becoming pagan and after that you can offically consider yourself pagan
11/2/2009 10:34:45 PM Risingshade(kera): and a witch
11/2/2009 10:35:01 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa): ah hah
11/2/2009 10:35:06 PM Risingshade(kera): the naming ceremony starts out with using a dagger to open the circle
11/2/2009 10:35:26 PM RRisingshade(kera): the circle the place where all energies are delt with and where all atmosphere and magic is taken place
11/2/2009 10:36:05 PM Risingshade(kera): its the place you are introduced to first as a pagan, you go in normal, you do your naming ceremony, and then you come out as a pagan witch
11/2/2009 10:36:10 PM Risingshade(kera): and training begins
10:37:38 PM Risingshade(kera): threwout training you learn to deal with energies and spirtual forces
11/2/2009 10:37:48 PM Risingshade(kera): opening up your 3rd eye so to speak
11/2/2009 10:37:54 PM Risingshade(kera): descovering your race
11/2/2009 10:38:05 PM Risingshade(kera): and partaking in real life rituals and pagan holidays

one of the holidays she mentioned is yule witch is celebrated on December 24  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Eve Nyla
hello, I am interested in learning all I can about a specific branch of the pagan religion but sadly I don't have the name of it, only a short description

they don't believe in god, and instead they (as best as I can tell) believe that humans are the god's of this world. they practice a magic, the spells they cast are very smiler to wiccan. they have bad karma spells and good karma spells. they also do a ritual when you join and have a naming spell. I also know that to do spells they use candles and insence usually, but alot of other things are also used.

I don't know anything more and wish to learn more about only this branch. as I get more info I will add it to the list untill someone can name the branch.

how do you know that the spells are similar to that of the Wicca?

also, do you understand what Karma really is?  

whiporwill-o

The Littlest Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:32 pm
whiporwill-o
Eve Nyla

they don't believe in god, and instead they (as best as I can tell) believe that humans are the god's of this world. they practice a magic, the spells they cast are very smiler to wiccan. they have bad karma spells and good karma spells. they also do a ritual when you join and have a naming spell. I also know that to do spells they use candles and insence usually, but alot of other things are also used.

karma is when you do something bad, then something bad happens to you instantly. and I know the spells are smiler because my pagan friend told me they are smiler. she is actually the reason why I wanna learn about this branch of pagan (I asked her the name and she doesn't remember... lol)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 pm
Eve Nyla
whiporwill-o
Eve Nyla

karma is when you do something bad, then something bad happens to you instantly. and I know the spells are smiler because my pagan friend told me they are smiler. she is actually the reason why I wanna learn about this branch of pagan (I asked her the name and she doesn't remember... lol)

you understanding of Karma is incorrect. i'm not in the greatest understanding of it myself and i do not want to give you more false information.

(so if anyone else in the guild has a better knowledge of it and can expain it, could you please?)

i am in serious doubt that you friend knows the mysteries of the wicca. the spells and rituals of it are oathbond, and therefore unavailable to those who are not in a lineaged coven that can trace back to the founder, gerald gardner.  

whiporwill-o

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:01 pm
From Wikipedia:
According to karma, performing positive actions results in a good condition in one's experience, whereas a negative action results in a bad effect. The effects may be seen immediately or delayed. Delay can be until later in the present life or in the next.

@The Wicca comment:
Pretty much what Whiporwill-o said. No one outside the coven knows the secrets of Wicca.

Unless your friends is talking about the mislabeled "Wicca," Eclectic Neo-Paganism.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 pm
The what is karma question is kind of involved from Buddhism's end, and frankly, without copy pasting a lot of what I'm about to link, I'd probably not do it justice either. What I can tell you is that simplified, karma is action. The result from karma is called vipaka, and it's got a relationship kind of like a seed and a fruit - karma is a seed, and it'll grow into a tree that bears the fruit of vipaka.

That being said, there's a bunch of different types, including the kind you're born with because of your parents, the kind that made it over from the previous owner of your karmatic string...the kind you create for yourself...

They're all in there. Long read though, so buckle down if you're gonna read it. 3nodding

Buddhist karma  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

The Littlest Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm
Calelith
From Wikipedia:
According to karma, performing positive actions results in a good condition in one's experience, whereas a negative action results in a bad effect. The effects may be seen immediately or delayed. Delay can be until later in the present life or in the next.

thats exactly what I said.

my friend isnt a wiccan she is a pagan, but idk how she kows about wiccan's. this is really annoying me that not one person thinks I know what I am talking about. I know what I have been told.

EDIT: it is a new world pagan, not old world.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:22 pm
Eve Nyla
Calelith
From Wikipedia:

my friend isnt a wiccan she is a pagan, but idk how she kows about wiccan's. this is really annoying me that not one person thinks I know what I am talking about. I know what I have been told.

You said it would be immediately. Karma doesn't always work like that.

PAGAN IS NOT A RELIGION, IT'S AN UMBRELLA TERM.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Littlest Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:34 pm
Calelith
Eve Nyla
Calelith
From Wikipedia:

You said it would be immediately. Karma doesn't always work like that.

PAGAN IS NOT A RELIGION, IT'S AN UMBRELLA TERM.

thats just how my friend refures to it as... I just wanna know what the type of pagan I am looking for is called.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:23 pm
Casting spells and believing in karma do not necessitate a religion. Are there any other descriptions you can give us?  

Bastemhet

The Littlest Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:28 pm
Bastemhet
Casting spells and believing in karma do not necessitate a religion. Are there any other descriptions you can give us?

here. this is an exact copy of the first conversation about it:

9/28/2009 8:00:43 PM Risingshade(kera) Anthame Elatha I discovered the pagan group I am in is called a coven

/3/2010 5:21:28 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) I'm a branch of pagan
2/3/2010 5:21:32 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) that doesnt fallow a diety
2/3/2010 5:21:37 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) but that doesnt mean there arent any
2/3/2010 5:21:57 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) so wait, some pagans worship a god and some dont?
2/3/2010 5:22:05 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) mhm
2/3/2010 5:22:13 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) theres a lot of different branches of paganism
2/3/2010 5:22:26 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) I just fallow one that doesnt have a diety
2/3/2010 5:22:37 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) I only knew there was old world and new world pagan religons
2/3/2010 5:23:50 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) so now I wonder this, since your branch dosnt beleve in a diety, what do you worship?
2/3/2010 5:25:12 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) we dont really worship
2/3/2010 5:25:38 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) we believe of ourselves as our own diety and we fallow what we believe we are expected for
2/3/2010 5:26:01 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) we all have our own heart and to devolope our own uquie place in this world
2/3/2010 7:47:50 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) yep. Btw, I still have one thing I am not clear on. Sadly I watched the simpsons and lisa simpson ran into some wikka people and they taught her about wikka. From what they were saying I couldnt tell if the creators were confusing pagan and wikka, or if they are very similer, what is the dif between wikka and pagan?
2/3/2010 7:49:38 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) wikka is a strict verson of pagan
2/3/2010 7:49:51 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) with specific rules and gods
2/3/2010 7:49:57 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) it is a branch of pagan
2/3/2010 7:50:09 PM Sarphic Insanity(risa) Risingshade(kera) wikka is a form of pagan?! I had no idea
2/3/2010 7:50:30 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) yeah
2/3/2010 7:50:40 PM Risingshade(kera) Sarphic Insanity(risa) thats why a lot of our spells are the same

please keep in mind that was a personal conversation that I didnt expect to have to share. so dont get all weird about anything I said ( Risingshade(kera) is my pagan friend, and I am Sarphic Insanity(risa)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Your friend is mistaken. Pagan is not a main religion which Wicca branches from. Pagan just refers to a non Abrahamic religion. So basically anything that's not Catholic, Christian, or Muslim can be considered pagan. Wicca is itself a religion, it's not a branch of anything.

Why can't you ask your friend more about hir religion? Although...if she doesn't know what pagan means or anything about Wicca, I would be wary of what answers zie gives you. I think it might help you to look in the Pathways subforum and figure out what you're looking for there.  

Bastemhet

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:19 pm
Eve Nyla
Calelith
From Wikipedia:

also, wikipedia is a terrible source for accurate information, as a whole... jus' sayin'.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:20 pm

i happened upon this site through google, but wasn't sure if it would be worth the read, thanks. 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

The Littlest Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm
Bastemhet
Your friend is mistaken. Pagan is not a main religion which Wicca branches from. Pagan just refers to a non Abrahamic religion. So basically anything that's not Catholic, Christian, or Muslim can be considered pagan. Wicca is itself a religion, it's not a branch of anything.

Why can't you ask your friend more about hir religion? Although...if she doesn't know what pagan means or anything about Wicca, I would be wary of what answers zie gives you. I think it might help you to look in the Pathways subforum and figure out what you're looking for there.

she learns all her info from her brother. he teaches her her spells and stuff, she did say she would ask him the branch name next time she talked to him

and will do  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces