Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art for Art's Sake

Back to Guilds

A guild for both Digital Artists and Traditional Artists, to show off what they love. Art. 

Tags: Digital Art, Vector, Traditional Art, Drawing, Photography 

Reply Art for Arts Sake
Introductions! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuzzyBunniFooFoo
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 pm
Welcome! So I'm Laura, Some basic Introduction rules are that you just post a bit about yourself, hobbies, all that fun stuff.

I'm Laura, I'm a sophomore Graphic Design major in college. I like Photography, drawing, writing, and digital art. I'm teeny, but full of energy, feel free to talk to me I'd love to be your friend. Basically all of my work is showcased on : http://starshinesky.deviantart.com But that's not all of my work so don't be too quick to judge. I love india ink! And I don't have a scanner at school which sucks but I'm thinking about investing in one.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Hi! I'm Megan, but I like to be called Sachi. I've graduated from high school, but I haven't decided what to do with my life, yet. It'll hit me, one day : )
I'm easy to get along with, and I love to make all kinds of friends.
Drawing (traditionally), writing, taking pictures of anything I find interesting, and photo editing are some of my "creative" hobbies. I also love to read (novels, manga & comics), play video games with my little brother and sing.

The Psychotic Mermaid

Xenovu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:28 pm
Alright, since we're doing intro's.

My names Joshua, a sophomore Graphic Design major in college. I pester Laura with a few other friends of ours. Wish that friend could remember his password. >.>

I like drawing, writing, digital art, video games, and a few other things no one actual cares about. ^_^ I'm a pretty cool dude, kinda gotta force me to talk from time to time. I used to have a DA but I can't think of a new name for it. I can show you my art work if you really want to see it, but other than that just wait for the updated DA. ^_^

Anyway, that's about it for now. PM me if you want to know more about me. Profile comments are great too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:25 pm
I'm Rachael! Freshman in college, undecided major. I like writing, photography, crocheting, reading, video games, and psychology. I have a deviantart http://spiritflarewolf.deviantart.com with quite a few of my poetry and photography pieces on it. I also write fanfiction (and original stuff but I don't really like to show that off) and have an account on Fanfiction.net http://www.fanfiction.net/~angelicpuppy

It would be wonderful if you all could check out my stuff! I would be very grateful.  

Aine Rayne

VandiiC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm
Hello, everyone!
I'm Jessica, but please just call Jess. I am a senior in high school, and plan be a major in Graphic Design next year!

Some of my interests and hobbies include traditional drawing, graphical drawing, photography, Writing Poetry, and Sculpting. I have a deviantart account, but I'm too lazy to get it. (Say's a lot about me, there, doesn't it? Haha!) It's the same username as this one, so if you ever feel bored, feel free to go and look for me.
As for a bit of personality, I guess that you could say I'm a very 'colorful' person, and I often have strange ideas along with doing semi-strange things. It's nice to meet you all!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 pm
hiya everyone.
i'm corie, im currently a junior in high school, making me sixteen, and i am in love with photography. i have writing ideas, but basically i am more of a wanna be photographer than anything.
as for my personality, if it's a matter of talking to me or not, please feel free to talk to me. mail me, i wouldn't care. in fact, i'd love it. i love to talk and meet new people. heart 4laugh heart  

Rainbow Mercury

somejelly

Jelly Creature

21,525 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Hi, my name is Amber, call me... Amber.
lol I'm not that fond of my name, but I can't think of anything else to be called by aside from my username.
I love almost all forms of art: drawing, painting, singing, music, theatre, dance, etc. Most of which I participate in at any given opportunity.
I'm a senior in high school, soon to graduate, but I'm not entirely sure what field of art I want to major in. So, I won't go to college too soon. lol
I'm fairly easy to get along with, but, if I meet you in Rallies, and you're an easy target to make fun of, (i.e. "noobs" who ask everyone out despite the fact that all they know of the person is... nothing), then I probably will make fun of you.
Anywho... ask me anything. ^^
Oh, P.S. Deviantart scares me, so I don't use it. :/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:12 am
Hi! My name's Kassy, but everyone usually calls me Rena. I'm gonna be turning 15 in April,and I try to help my friends as much as possible,and hang out a lot. Drawing is a huge passion of mine, and I think I'm not that bad at it..The sad thing is I don't have a scanner of my own (My roommates have one, but I'm always too busy, or afraid to ask)..I Use Ms-paint to draw my Chibi art. My DA's Renakerensky.deviantart.com for those of you who are interested in my artwork.  

Kitsuneeys

Dangerous Humorist

9,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Friendly 100

castlefaire

Lonely Fairy

12,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 am
Hi! I don't wish to be called by my real name so you could just call me "cast" or perhaps, "faire"? I'll just let you deal with that. 3nodding

Lets see... I could work both digital and traditional when it comes to art. I do prefer traditional for at least three reasons.

a. It very convenient for me since I could carry my works anywhere I go.
b. I never liked the "undo" button. razz
c. I believe making mistakes could also lead into a more spectacular work. It lets you think over on how you should do/fix it.

I've also tacked photography mainly my subjects are compose of flowers and my pets - dogs. I've written a few poems myself... though I doubt anyone would really want to read something rather depressing. I also tried writing a fanfiction but ended up writing something around..."I won't continue this anymore" .

other than that...

My friends call me weird for some reason... perhaps it's because of some of my overly and brightly colored work (personality? who knows?). I love to help out other people... well... as long as they are in my "helping range".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 pm
Wow! Thank you very much for the invitation to this guild. ^_^ It really picked my spirits up!

Anyways, onto my intro!

My name is Luna, lovingly referred to as Hika on gaia. My major in school is photography, though I enjoy and do a wide range of other art classes such as graphic design, painting and drawing classes. I'm in a community college for now and am seeking a tech school to transfer to.
My style is traditional forms of art, drawing, painting, both digital and traditional photography. I prefer not to do CG, there's just something in it that doesn't feel like I'm putting heart into it.
I'm rather emotional about my art and it mostly reflects the mood I'm in at the time I draw it. Though I may be emotional, I'm also a friendly little geek with a big smile and a big heart. I also do poetry from time to time if the mood strikes.
I'm also a costumer and cosplayer!

Want to know more about me? Feel free to ask!
Oh and here's my deviantart for anyone who wants to check it out, I'll be adding more as soon as possible.

Deviantart  

x- iH i k a r u -x

Beloved Lunatic

An Invisible Elephant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:17 am
TRUMPET!!!

I'm Anthony, a first year Illustration student from Melbourne, Australia, and I look like my signature.
Most of my /online/ work is digital, for the main part created in Illustrator. I love vectors.
My traditional Art on the other hand is a rather wobbly biro/ink style which I'd like to develop further, and potentially incorporate with watercolours in the future, because they are the love of my painting existance (which is not great).

Artistically I'm open to most things. Although I find some things over done, I'll still appreciate a good piece when I see it for example.

Um...
I have a deviantart gallery at cionnaith.deviantart which has a small selection of my things... good and bad. I should move some things out of my scraps, and some into it, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:07 am

Hi thar!!
Hmm... introductions....

I don't really like being called by my real name, so call me Lem, Tru, Lemon, etc... you can look at my profile for more detail...

I am currently in High School, and I love to draw, doodle, paint, (all traditionally) and photo edit... I love taking pictures and I also play 3 instruments, and I hope to be starting the guitar soon too. (I play piano (jazz), violin(classical), and flute(band))
I LOVE to read and I'm a bit addicted to acting. I am quite small, but I'm a ball of energy unless I'm mad, in which case I get sullen and quiet... But anyways, that's a bit about me...
Visit my profile for more information! whee

Anjalemon

Kiwu

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:07 pm
Thanks for the invite ^_^

Hm... a bit about me. I'm Karen, but on gaia I'm usually referred to as carrot. I'm asian so it's not too surprising that I like drawing and making pixel art. I specialize in chibi drawing but I'm working on more realistic styles atm. Although I like doing anime style, I'm actually not into anime or manga all that much. I really don't have any artistic training what so ever and in university I'm majoring in biochemistry .__.". Other than that I really love lolita fashion and my art tends to reflects that. I can play the piano, but I'm no longer taking lessons anymore as I don't really have time to keep up. There's more about me in my profile if you're interested. I look forward to meeting everyone ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:50 pm
Hey everyone!

I'm Kristen, I have a film degree and am currently in a generic first year art college and checking the mail daily to see if I got into animation or not. I've been drawing for some thirteen odd years, drawings are all pencil, though now I colour digitally.  

Amazon

Art for Arts Sake

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces