Still think it's worth it?
  Yes.
  No.
  I never did!
View Results

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 am
http://skepchick.org/blog/2010/02/what-pregnant-women-wont-tell-you-ever/

I didn't know any of that and I was already horrified by this process. I pretty much said "******** it" when I heard what an episiotomy was. I can't believe how much more horrible it is!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 am
That's just...horrible...*shivers* Imagine back in the 1800's when they did that without the medical advances we take for granted! My uterus hurts just thinking about that...I'm so glad I'm not having kids...  

ottery

Wealthy Sage

10,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 am
I've heard a lot of the "noone knows this stuff" from my cousins. Like the fainting randomly, which can happen too. My cousin drove into a wall because of that. She wasn't going fast but it was still scary. I can't believe there are some women who really enjoy all this and want a billion kids. UGH!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 am
I feel ill and want to rip my uterus out right now. Porbably be less painful and traumatic then pregnancy too.  

Lapinporokoira

Jaaten Syric

Liberal Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 pm
Lapinporokoira
I feel ill and want to rip my uterus out right now. Porbably be less painful and traumatic then pregnancy too.

This kicked up my desire to get a vasectomy Right. ********. Now. by a factor of a few million just to avoid the guilt of causing all this s**t for a person I rank above 'feral hatred' level in my scale of affection. I was child-free before reading this, I can only hope that similar articles will convince any future partners that, maybe, just maybe, adoption is a better solution for both of us...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:20 pm
That doesn't scare me, and I already knew all that, I've been pregnant before , sure it ended in abortion, but that's because there was a deformity and I was raped I don't want to abort again. I'm pro-choice though. Pregnancy is a choice though just as much as abortion is.

Seriously I want to get pregnant again some day, I'm not scared of any of that. If I was scared of that I'd be scared of everything.  

Sensorium139

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 am
Human pregnancy: Proving intelligent design wrong since 2.5 MYA.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:20 pm
Yeah, you'd think that evolution would have kicked some of that s**t to the kerb.

My comment on your FB, which I feel is pertinent here, was: if that's enough to put someone off having biological children, they probably shouldn't be having them. I still want it all, because I feel it'll be worth it.  

Fran Salaska

Nayva

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm
I had an urge to say:
"I would feel blessed to suffer through the agonies of an uncomplicated pregnancy--having fertility issues and wanting to be a mom so badly."
Which is true. Except maybe "blessed" is an overstatement.
Though, I will admit, this definitely made me happy that I'm determined to adopt more children than I birthhhh...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm
....and HOW old are you all? neutral rolleyes confused

I mean, really? There's much worse than that...there's the ring of fire, leaking breasts, stretch marks (not just the belly, even on the pubic bone, arms, legs, boobs, etc), excessive gas, inability to breathe well after a time, needing to sleep inclined to avoid artery collapse, etc etc etc.

You must be 10 or 11 yr olds in here.  

CatLuvr83

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ottery

Wealthy Sage

10,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 pm
CatLuvr83
....and HOW old are you all? neutral rolleyes confused

I mean, really? There's much worse than that...there's the ring of fire, leaking breasts, stretch marks (not just the belly, even on the pubic bone, arms, legs, boobs, etc), excessive gas, inability to breathe well after a time, needing to sleep inclined to avoid artery collapse, etc etc etc.

You must be 10 or 11 yr olds in here.

Oi, play nice. No need to ad hom.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 pm
So glad I don't plan on having kids anyway. sweatdrop  

Calixti

Nayva

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am
CatLuvr83
There's much worse than that...there's the ring of fire, leaking breasts, stretch marks (not just the belly, even on the pubic bone, arms, legs, boobs, etc), excessive gas, inability to breathe well after a time, needing to sleep inclined to avoid artery collapse, etc etc etc..

Psssst, some of us already have stretch marks. On bellies, breasts, arms, legs, hips, backs, etc. And they're not bad. They just are. (At least they don't cause discomfort or pain!)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 pm
Nayva

Psssst, some of us already have stretch marks. On bellies, breasts, arms, legs, hips, backs, etc. And they're not bad. They just are. (At least they don't cause discomfort or pain!)

This. I have a HUGE one on my stomach from getting too fat.

That aside: holy s**t, ow.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas