Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:40 pm
User Image

Porfirio strolled on his way to the beach. This would be his first time there. It was slightly warmer than earlier in the week so he decided to take advantage of the weather. Humming to himself he smiled as his hooves touched the warm sand. Today was going to be a good day, he could tell.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:00 pm
User Image

The little pink mare nosed around the seaweed that had been bought in by the tide and chewed on a leaf that didn't look like it was all covered in sand. It was tangy, chewy and salty all at the same time, and she tucked some into her cheek, chewing away as she sauntered along the beach, her hooves making a distinct noise in the still wet sand.

It seemed as though it was going to be a warmer day then of late, which was good as the weather could be viciously cold by the coast, the open water let the stiff wintery breezes straight in. It could be why Dory wasn't around..

'Or maybe she's off and away with her fellow.' she muttered to herself, around the seaweed she was still chewing on. There was a bitterness to her words that had nothing to do with the salty snack she had now swallowed, and everything to do with her own situation. She carried on moving along, veering slightly inland but still walking on sand, occasional tufts of stiff, hard grass poking up where the sand turned into earth.

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:13 pm
Porfirio walked along, over a sand dune. Cresting it, he stopped for a moment and looked around. Unfortunately, the sand was loose where he stood. With a yelp, he tumbled end over end until he landed with a grunt in front of the mare below.

"Oof! Well, that smarted." Righting himself, he stood and shook himself of. Seeing the mare he smiled. "Ah. Hello there. The name's Porfirio, it's nice to meet you."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:25 pm
'Be more clumsy?' Squishy spoke shortly, more surprised than anything. His sudden appearance at her hooves had made her heart jump in her chest, and she was annoyed with herself for that reaction. Her initial annoyance passed quite quickly for once though and she took some time to look this newcomer over before replying.

'I'm Squishy..' she replied, giving him a look that dared him to crack a joke of any kind about her name.

'You're new here.' she said, it was a statement rather than a question as she was around the area enough to know who was a frequent visitor or not.

'What you doing here, 'part from throwing yourself off dunes?'

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:35 pm
Porfirio chuckled and gave the mare a sheepish grin. "Sorry bout that. I wasn't trying to jump off the dune. It just happened." The stallion felt a flutter in his chest and gave a more relaxed smile, Yes, it's true. This is my first time in this part of the world. I like your name, it's very unique. I'm here because I like to explore. What about you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:44 pm
Squishy raised a brow; usually her brusque manner sent most running, at least those who didn't know her at any rate. She could be the most steadfast and loyal friend in the world...when you got to know her at any rate. After all, not many would let their friend name them and then keep the silly thing.

'Sand is tricky if you're not used to it.' she acknowledge with a short nod, and a very slight thaw in her attitude. She gave a little snort at his comment on her name.

'Of course it's unique, it's damn silly, but my friend gave it me and I could never hurt her feelings.'
She gave him a long look. It would be just like Dory to try something like this..or maybe he really was 'just exploring'.

'I live in these parts. A friend and her mate do as well.'

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 am
Porfirio laughed gently, "Well you might say it's silly, but I think it's pretty. I like unique things like that. That's why I explore." He gave the mare a warm smile and nodded his head back the way he came "I live over yonder, way back near the mountains. I got three big 'uns as herdmates an' a little one our two-legger brought to the teepee. Dunno what sorta babe it is yet either. Tis so energetic though!" He chuckled fondly at the memory of the basket running the entire teepee ragged the night before. "I've my herdmates, but no friends my size just yet. You seem like you do though. Have a lot of friends that is." He suddenly felt a little nervous, like he wasn't sure Squishy would want to be friends and that thought caused a pang in his heart. "Would you like to be my friend Squishy?" He gave her a plaintive look in addition to the request, just to make it tougher for her to say no.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 am
'Really? You obviously haven't seen many pretty things if you think that's pretty..' Squishy replied, she was determined that her name was a foolish one, and it was only her loyalty to Dory that made her keep it.

'Do I? I'd say you've more than I have. I have one true friend, maybe I'd admit to two, her son is a good fellow. I've been disappointed quite often so I keep my company for those I can trust.'

A brow raised at his question, and she gave him a searching look, more than before. He had an expression like a puppy looking for approval and she gave a soft snort.

'You want a back talking mare as your friend do you?' she asked, slightly amused now. Maybe he was worth the effort, especially if he'd put up with her less than welcoming behaviour so far.

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 am
Porfirio wiggled his entire body as he nodded "Yes I'd like you to be my friend. I like you. Besides, where's the fun in life of having only friends who don't talk back once in a while?"

He giggled at her comment about her name, "Well," he started, "I think it's pretty so there's at least two of us that like it. So there." He playfully stuck his tongue out at her and gave a cheery smile. "C'mon! Let's walk around instead of just standing like a couple of little lumps!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm
'I'll remind you of those words when you're annoyed with me.' Squishy replied, but graced the stallion with a smile, a rare thing for her. She swished her tail, wondering what she'd got herself into, but decided to just see how things went. Of course, if she never saw him again after today she wouldn't be surprised but for now she would try and stifle her pessimisim..well, some of it.

'If you insist on liking it, you just carry on.' her ear flicked but she didn't return his cheeky gesture, it was way to early days for her to be that laid back with him.

'Where are we going then?' she asked, ignoring the lumps thing, though it rankled as she was adventurous for such a small mare.

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 pm
Porfirio trotted a little bit away from the mare before turnig to answer her, "Well you can remind me as much as you like, but we're friends now and it's not going to bother me. I'll probably deserve it anyway." He looked left, then right trying to decide on a path, "How about you pick the direction? You know the area better then I do."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:32 pm
'Planning on being annoying then are you?' Squishy's brow went up again, and she turned on the spot, a hoof sliding a little on the shifting grass before she balanced herself again properly.

'I thought you were the explorer? It depends on whether you want to stay on the sand or not. We can stay near the sea, look at some of the rock caves, or we can head inland and follow the river further in.' she looked at the stallion.

'Up to you Porfirio..'

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 pm
"Well I've never actually been to the sea itself before so that'd be nice to do." He shrugged "I may be an explorer but I know when to ask an opinion, especially in unfamiliar territory." He smirked. "Sometimes though, it's just more fun to barrel through head first!' With that he gave Squishy a little nudge with his nose on her side and took off galloping with a laugh. "I GOT YOU!" He cried as he moved further away from her.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
'Can you swim? It's not a good idea to go in the water if you can't because of the current.' Squishy asked, before flicking an ear at the stallion's antics, tilting her head as he ran off. She cantered after him, going slower than he so that she didn't look too eager, nor like she was playing like a wee filly.

'You can barrel into the water if you wish, I won't be rescuing you if you get in trouble though, not after I warned you.' she continued on, cantering past him now and towards where the flat expanse of wet sand turned into the slowly washing in tide.

Sayuri_Nitta

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm
Porfirio looked hurt, not that he really was and gave a forlorn sniffle "You mean...you'd let me drown?" He stood right at the edge, not going in yet because the water here seemed fiercer then the river near his home. He was reckless at times and a bit of a daredevil, but he knew when not to tempt fate. Back to the matter at hand, he gave Squishy the saddest look he could muster (which was tough since all he wanted to do was laugh) and said in a distraught voice, "Don't you like me Squishy?"  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff