Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Symphonia: A New Tomorrow [OOC/Plotting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Evilweirdo 0
Right, fewer of them but longer.
Hellsing itself only had 10 volumes manga-wise, so from the pace the OVA is going, it might end on the 10th OVA. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:03 pm
Um..guys can you take your off-topic discussion to the chatterbox? this thread is for planning in the RP. sweatdrop

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm
My apologies. ^.^;  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 pm
Krazy-Chibi
Um..guys can you take your off-topic discussion to the chatterbox? this thread is for planning in the RP. sweatdrop

Absolutely, I was thinking that myself. Capital idea.

Sirea! To the box of chattering goodness!  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 pm
Sssssspeaking of talking more about RP-related stuff. User Image

Vance is in the middle of balancing free time, college, and job searching and that's why he's taking a while to reply. He says he'll have a reply ready around tomorrow, but if not, well we know why. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm
Update.

Vance is encountering computer troubles at the moment. Specifically, it sounds like his monitor is dying. D:

In the meantime, how about we talk about plot? Has anyone got some side arcs planned for their characters? I want to see to it that all our characters have equal spotlight time. :3

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:17 pm
That totally stinks. XP

I already got some stuff going in my head for Sirea and Rin, though I'm brainstorming. 3nodding

EDIT: Now that I think about it, can Sirea take Luna and Aska as far as the Summon Spirits go? :3  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:11 pm
Sirea Angelie

Thank goodness I edited a list into the front page. rofl

Sure! That leaves only Shadow without a summoner. Here's how the distribution goes:

Undine - Max
Efreet - Hunter
Sylph - Sol
Luna/Aska - Sirea
Volt - Rin
Celsius - Azriel
Gnome - Eduardo
Shadow -
Origin - Rhone
Maxwell - Kratos

On another note, I like pulling cameos and I'm trying to think of a way to insert Azura and Zaul. Perhaps as half-elven twin siblings. xd

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:52 am
Azura Cantarella
Sirea Angelie

Thank goodness I edited a list into the front page. rofl

Sure! That leaves only Shadow without a summoner. Here's how the distribution goes:

Undine - Max
Efreet - Hunter
Sylph - Sol
Luna/Aska - Sirea
Volt - Rin
Celsius - Azriel
Gnome - Eduardo
Shadow -
Origin - Rhone
Maxwell - Kratos

On another note, I like pulling cameos and I'm trying to think of a way to insert Azura and Zaul. Perhaps as half-elven twin siblings. xd
That be interesting there. XD Perhaps Azura could be a werefolk as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 pm
Azura Cantarella
Update.

Vance is encountering computer troubles at the moment. Specifically, it sounds like his monitor is dying. D:

In the meantime, how about we talk about plot? Has anyone got some side arcs planned for their characters? I want to see to it that all our characters have equal spotlight time. :3

Oh man, that must be annoying for him. Monitor problems are the worst! ...Aside from utter computer failure, of course.

Yeah, Ed will probably go a bit nuts. He must solve that somehow. Nothing necessitating too much spotlight, unless you think he should go berserk or something. *slides spotlight toward someone else* Yeeeeaaah.

Oho, cameo appearances! I'm curious to see how you'll do all that. 3nodding Sounds neato.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am
Sirea Angelie

They'd both be werewolves, since I'd want to stick to the twinning theme. biggrin

Question is, would Zaul (or both) still have an Exsphere eye, thus making the secret Exsphere-using organization he's a part of exist in this RP too... On one hand, it sounds kind of unoriginal to recycle that idea. On the other, I'm not sure how to make their cameo more interesting otherwise... Or they could be from Vanaheim and their "replacement eyes" could be something else...hmm... surprised

I have a feeling this RP isn't going to be moving along for a while, sad to say. D: But how about we lay down a few vague (because I'm sure we still want to surprise each other) details about our character arcs so we could organize a timeline? They could be used as filler between getting each Summon Spirit. 3nodding And I think laying down a straight line of events could help the activity in this RP once everyone's ready. I've sometimes thought that we keep hitting dormant periods because we haven't planned ahead that solidly. User Image

Evilweirdo 0

Hmm...mind dropping a few hints about how exactly this "going nuts" problem goes? Is it that he has a hard time hanging on to his human mind in his dragon form? If so, would that happen to be caused by some personal problem? Because I put in the general description of the Werefolk race that they do keep their human consciousness post-transformation.

Lord Lee Major

*flagging you down for your input* ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 am
Azura Cantarella
They'd both be werewolves, since I'd want to stick to the twinning theme. biggrin

Question is, would Zaul (or both) still have an Exsphere eye, thus making the secret Exsphere-using organization he's a part of exist in this RP too... On one hand, it sounds kind of unoriginal to recycle that idea. On the other, I'm not sure how to make their cameo more interesting otherwise... Or they could be from Vanaheim and their "replacement eyes" could be something else...hmm... surprised

I have a feeling this RP isn't going to be moving along for a while, sad to say. D: But how about we lay down a few vague (because I'm sure we still want to surprise each other) details about our character arcs so we could organize a timeline? They could be used as filler between getting each Summon Spirit. 3nodding And I think laying down a straight line of events could help the activity in this RP once everyone's ready. I've sometimes thought that we keep hitting dormant periods because we haven't planned ahead that solidly. User Image
With them being twins, they could totally dress-up as each other too. xd

Sirea's arc would probably be focusing on her mental conflict between wanting a 'normal' life or accepting her path as a werefolk.

With Rin being more accepting of being werefolk, I thought about having his arc focus on the relationship between him and his brother.

Now that I think about it, I just have to ask....With the werefolk being close to nature, would they be able to communicate with animals and monsters? Also could they talk while in wereform? *smacks self for not asking sooner*  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:14 am
Sirea Angelie

Sirea's arc would probably be focusing on her mental conflict between wanting a 'normal' life or accepting her path as a werefolk.

With Rin being more accepting of being werefolk, I thought about having his arc focus on the relationship between him and his brother.

Now that I think about it, I just have to ask....With the werefolk being close to nature, would they be able to communicate with animals and monsters? Also could they talk while in wereform? *smacks self for not asking sooner*

Haha, yes. xd

Hmm...would Sirea's arc involve things like...meeting up with her parents again or checking in with every city they go to about possible cures? And how would Rin's play out, might he encounter his brother in a few towns or so?

Yeah, I'd say they can understand and communicate with animals and monsters. 3nodding As for talking...hmm. The initial idea was that they couldn't, but then Evil had Eduardo speak in his dragon form, albeit in a seemingly primitive manner. I'm kind of undecided at this point...I'm thinking that they could but have some minor difficulties, but I'm not sure exactly what kind. User Image I wouldn't think their mentality would slightly devolve since they keep their human consciousness in their wereforms.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:30 pm
Azura Cantarella
Sirea Angelie

Haha, yes. xd

Hmm...would Sirea's arc involve things like...meeting up with her parents again or checking in with every city they go to about possible cures? And how would Rin's play out, might he encounter his brother in a few towns or so?

Yeah, I'd say they can understand and communicate with animals and monsters. 3nodding As for talking...hmm. The initial idea was that they couldn't, but then Evil had Eduardo speak in his dragon form, albeit in a seemingly primitive manner. I'm kind of undecided at this point...I'm thinking that they could but have some minor difficulties, but I'm not sure exactly what kind. User Image I wouldn't think their mentality would slightly devolve since they keep their human consciousness in their wereforms.
Yeah, I was leaning towards having Sirea meet up with her parents. :3

As for Rin's, I was thinking along those lines, probably in places like Palmacosta and Izoold.  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm
WARNING: LONG RANTS AHOY!

tl;dr: The shock of being bitten was the catalyst for Ed's mental deterioration. In other words, the werefolk thing was merely the thing that set off the domino chain. In his "sub-arc" (not really comfortable with a full arc), he would "lose it" in some way (ranging from lack of lucidity to going berserk). Whether by using a technique, speaking to him, or showing him something of significance (family photo with bacon frame, anyone? xd ), someone could bring Ed back to his senses long enough for him to focus and fix his own problem. Regretting nothing but the trouble he's caused, Ed would then promise to help the group to the best of his ability, and also dedicate himself to seeking the origins of the werefolk.

Oh, Jebus H. Columbus! I didn't think of the consequences of the vaguely speechlike rumbling. Orz orz orz orz...*head slam* It seemed like a good idea at the time. Feel free to throw a cease/desist my way, Azura.
...Oh! Maybe it takes lots of practice to even get to those levels of grumbling or growling. Ed had years to work on his ability to grumble "baaakkkonnn", you know?
Azura Cantarella
Hmm...mind dropping a few hints about how exactly this "going nuts" problem goes? Is it that he has a hard time hanging on to his human mind in his dragon form? If so, would that happen to be caused by some personal problem? Because I put in the general description of the Werefolk race that they do keep their human consciousness post-transformation.

TYPEFEST:

Think of his mind as a sheet of glass (with some Evilian physics applied- they do call me Science for nothing) in a windowframe. Being bitten a few years ago was like someone stabbing this hypothetical mind-sheet with an ice pick, leaving a hole but not shattering it outright. Over time, however, some mental winds blow mental branches against the window, scratching it up and slowly extending cracks from the hole, with the occasional chunk of glass falling out of the frame in the process. This mind-window can only last so long without being repaired.

...What the heck did I just type? Basically, the trauma of his initial transformation set off some dominoes in his mind. While it was the catalyst, the werecreature thing doesn't do anything but make him act a bit weirder. No horror movie werewolf madness at his current stage- His sanity is slipping away in both forms. It's more that the initial shock of being bitten by a freakin' werecreature has planted a sort of "seed" of madness (wouldn't you be shocked if you were suddenly bitten by a were-something?), and now things are going downhill more rapidly than before.

It's hard to do my mental image of this justice in words. Anyway, if you're thinking in terms of arcs... I'd really rather that this either be lumped in with another one or not take up too much time in the story. I think this may be a bit weak to be a major arc of its own, and I'd rather not hog the spotlight. Let's call it a "sub-arc".

Anyway, the question is how to resolve his problem. Here are some ideas:
1. Remember how Raine learned Resurrection to cure Pietro? Something like that could work. It could also earn someone else a nifty arte.
2. Maybe the initial-trauma-causing-mental-deterioration thing has been a problem for some other Werefolk, and the answer lies with a Vanaheim were who has seen such issues previously.
3. After being given a good talking-to or being shown something of significance, Ed suddenly realizes that his metaphorical *bleep* is pretty messed up, and manages to solve his own problem. You know, like an "Oh, that was what was happening! *fixes*" moment. He would recall that he does not regret his becoming a member of the werefolk, giving him the strength to pull through.

In any case, when Ed's "arc" comes around, here are two things that could happen...
1. He starts to lose lucidity, ceasing to make any sense at all, and becomes a bit of a liability in certain situations until someone or something brings him back from the brink.
2. Expanding upon his occasional battle "rage", he could start to go berserk and run off (there's a bit of the werewolf horror action!). He would become quite dangerous, and impede the group's goals. To bring him back to awareness, he would require a good talking-to at the least.

Afterwards, he would dedicate himself to helping the group and seeking the origins of the werefolk. With his personal problems resolved, he could possibly play a supportive role in the other weres' arcs.

Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games