Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[JRP]So Lovely! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

User ImageMei had found this pride completely by accident! She had been wandering like usual, and saw some lovely buildings, and when she got closer she found the pride. She managed to work her way in, and has settled to become an artisan. Which was great! She loved singing and dancing so it worked out in her mind! Mei yawned as she left her classes, which seemed to be required for new recruits. No matter, she found it helpful for learning pride customs and such. She would hate to do something offensive by mistake!

She hummed as she skipped around, happy to be through with her classes for the day. She was a little shy around the other pride member still though...she was naturally shy anyways and she didn't really know anyone yet. It was almost like being the new kid in school, being surrounded by lots of people you don't know, unsure who to talk to and who not to talk to. The young female signed and lay down in the shade of a tree as she relaxed for a bit. She watched others come and go...wondering if she should just walk up to someone and talk to them...hmm...wait for someone to talk to her...or walk up to someone? Such a hard decision...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 pm
User Image

Hakuna was one of those passers-by. Though, this guy had a certain spring in his step. It was unmistakably one of joy, as the dark and light lion trotted away from the buildings with no particular direction. If you listened closely, he hummed one of the tunes from the pride, and was improvising some Dawnwalker-style steps to it. Not the traditional ones, though, as it would be difficult to walk while doing those, but still with a definite hint of any that would've been learned in class. His entire body moved to the quietly hummed tune.

He was dancing for a particular reason, though. Hakuna was so cheerful because he had just finished off his last class. He did a few sidestepped moves before actually opening his eyes. Shade and relaxation, that's what he wanted now. The nearest tree had a lioness, and he didn't mind. He sauntered over and plopped down in the sand.

"Don't mind sharing the shade, do ya?" He asked. "Hey, I don't recall ever meeting you, have I? My name's Hakuna," he introduced with a smile.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Mei had slowly been humming along with the approaching male, from the moment she subconsciously heard him. She just didn't htink much of it. That is until he lay down next to her. She jumped a little from the surprise, but didn't get up. She heard his question as she nodded. "You may lay if you wish. I do not own the shade." she said with a smile to him. He seemed nice, at least at first glance.

His other question reached her ears as she turned to him and nodded in response. "Nice to meet you Hakuna. My name is Mei. I wouldn't expect you to know me, I am new here. This is only my third day, so I am still learning, and at a bit of a loss as far as getting to know everyone." she said as she folded her ears back a little. She has always been a shy one, she just had ot learn to adjust a bit is all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm
"Oh great, it's sure a hot day," he pointed out with a nod, glad that she didn't mind the company, tail flicking lightly still to the same pulse as before, as if he'd never stopped humming. "Nice to meet you, Mei. I've not been around here too long myself. As a matter of fact," he said, looking back and forth like he had a big secret, "I just finally finished all my classes!" he said with a cub-like grin, clearly excited. He was going to probably tell his twin, Mat, and Mziwaziwa, and... Well, the list would go on. He was quite proud of himself.

"Well, you can learn two people at once, see... My brother, Matata came with me here, and he's my twin; he looks exactly like me except for his eyes. He's got blue eyes, mine are pink. But I certainly haven't learned everyone yet..." He admitted, watching more come and go. Some were recognizable faces, very few were ones whose names he knew, and the rest he had yet to learn.

"So what do you do in the pride?" He asked, making conversation as he cooled off in the shade and the sand.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm
"Oooh congratulations on finishing your classes. I still have a bit to go before I am through. But they are helpful so I don't mind. And I agreed to it when I joined the pride, so its all good." she said grinning at him. Yes he did seem nice. That is good. She wasn't quite sure what to expect from the lions in this pride. She had heard of some where even fellow pride members are bullied or attacked, but this had seemed like a nice price, otherwise she wouldn't have joined in the first place.

"Your brother? THat is neat. It must be nice to have a brother." she said. She was sure she had siblings at one point, she just couldn't remember anymore if she had, or what they were like. So hearing about others with siblings always interested her. She had met some lions who lost theirs when they were young.

"Oh, I am an Artisan. I like to sing and dance." she said with a somewhat proud smile when he had asked her what she did. "I figured that was how I could best use my skills when I joined, so I decided to become one. I hope I can do a good job though. I get a little worried sometimes that I might not be good enough, but I still try hard and hopefully it will pay off." she said to him. "What do you do? she asked the male.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm
"Yeah, classes aren't too bad, but I am glad to be done with them." he said happily. What would he do now without classes? Dance his life away, that's what! "Yeah, he's cool." The pair of them were alike not only in looks, but personality. Though, Haku wondered if he would be behaving the same if Mat were here now. He'd probably be a bit more flirty, he and Mat worked a number on girls, if they wanted. "We're both from a different pride, we have 5 more full siblings there, and two half siblings. And our mom, she's back there too." He added on. He did miss harassing Taka, she was quite fun, but she definitively didn't want to come to the faraway land from his visions.

Hakuna perked up at hearing that she was an Artisan. "Really? So am I! I dance mostly, but I can drum too. I'm from the Nchi'Mahadhi pride," he said, not knowing if she recognized their name. "... And we're very musical there, but I decided that I should share my musical talent with the world, plus... I was... pulled here," he said, unsure of how to phrase it. Hakuna didn't like out and out saying he had visions. It wasn't normal, and his twin couldn't do it, so he liked to gloss over it wherever he could. Though, his glossing was always pretty awkward. "Anyway, we should perform together sometime!" he said excitedly.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:07 pm
She nodded when he mentioned the classes not being bad. THey really weren't. The information was fun at least. She listned to him talk a bit, then suddenly perked up her ears when she heard a familiar name. "You are from the Nchi pride? I once met a young male from there! His name was Kova. Actually he helped me realize that I liked to sing and dance. Until then I didn't know lions could do such a thing. THat only birds and creatures like that were musical." she said with a smile. What a small world it was sometimes.

"Do you know him? I haven't seen him for sometime. It seemed he ewas busy last time I tried, so I guess I just sort of pulled away from the pride. I almost joined, but wound up here instead." she said with a chuckle. When he mentioend performing together she nodded. "That would be lovely. Though I would need to be better so that I wouldn't just drag you down." she said. She wa sstill a bit new to singing and dancing as it was, but she did practice a lot so she hoped to get better real soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 pm
"Ah, Kova, how is he?" Haku asked excited. "Kova is my half-sister's kid, which makes me his... Half-uncle, I suppose?" He asked, uncertain of the more complex family workings like that. "You probably met up with him more recently than I have, last I knew he was a cheeky little guy. Cute. And that's so like him, too. Seems he takes after his mom, who takes after her own. Did you happen to meet Mawi, Taka, or Isithunzi while you were there?" he asked, wondering just how many family members of his she knew.

"And nonsense, I'm sure you're a fine singer and dancer. I'll bet you at least have a better singing voice than I do!" Hakuna said with a chuckle. He was ok, and it wasn't a horror to hear him sing, but he wasn't the best, either. "I could try to teach you some, but I'm not exactly the world's best teacher..." He said. Hakuna was a terrible teacher compared to his mother....

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm
"Oh, you must have a fairly large family then." she said smiling at him. "Alright I suppose. He is probably full grown by now. He didn't have a full mane last time I saw him. I met his mother as well, but I forget her name." said Mei, feeling a little embarassed. "I am nto the best with names." she said truthfully. "That's all I met however. I never really went into the pride, just hung around the boarders." she said. And truthfully she only met Kova the one time.

If she could have she would have blushed at his comment about her most likely being a good singer and dancer. "Well I dont know about that. You grew up around music. I only recently started to do it. So I am sure you are better then I." she said with a smile. He had his whole family to be his teachers, so she was pretty sure he would most likely be better then she would be, as she was just a newbie to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 pm
Hakuna chuckled. "Yeah, my family's pretty big. It's all my mom's fault, really." He chuckled again. "She likes guys just a little too much, if you catch my drift." Haku said with a wink. He didn't have a problem at all with his mother's lifestyle- in fact, he was really quite astounded- Isithunzi wasn't one of the most girly-girls in the world. She was really quite astounding... Haku doubted she'd ever settle down. As long as there was a single male on all the savannah willing to spend a night with her, he was certain Isi would be content with the way she lived. And Haku found it all quite amusing, really.

"Ah, I see. If you're ever out traveling for a vacation or something, you should go there to see a festival of some sort. There's a big drum circle, a big party, music all around, but here is kinda different. Not everyone is involved in the music, there's an actual audience to perform to, it'll be really interesting... There's completely different dances here, you know? It's not all improvising, there's a completely new style, it's quite refreshing," Hakuna admitted with a nod.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:15 pm
"That must be nice to have a large family. You always have someone to go to if you need them." said Mei with a grin. She was wondering why he left the Nchi pride, but decided it wasn't her place eto pry into his reasons. He had his reasons and it wasn't really any of her business now was it?

Mei nodded when he mentioned going to the drum circles as she smiled. "Well, as fun as that sounds I dont think an outsider like me would be alright to join. And I am happy here, this pride is enough for me." she said as she yawned. Laying down int he warmth of the day made her sleepy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:25 pm
Hakuna smiled at memories of his home. It was sure funny that Mei here had met some of his kin, go figure! "I suppose it's nice. Especially for me, I'm from the youngest litter of my family, it's nice to not have had to babysit," he said with a chuckle. Poor Taka, though, had had babysitting galore. He supposed that was how it went, though. "I wonder if she's had another litter since I've left..." He doubted it. Something of that importance, he had a feeling he'd have seen it somewhere. Then again, he did need to be with someone in order to have a vision of them, it was possible that he'd never have a vision of his mom again... He would've frowned at that thought, but didn't want Mei to think he was frowning at something she'd said.

"It is nice here, certainly different," Hakuna pondered, looking down at his paw (which he had filled with sand,) hinting that this new substance was what amazed him the most.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 am
Mei had never expected to run into a relative of Kova, and here of all places. It was quite odd to meet someone like that in a different pride. "Oh? That must be nice having your older siblings to teach and look out for you." said Mei with a grin. "And I have heard you can get away with more when you are the youngest to." she said grinning back at him. She hoped she could be around for her future cubs, and that they will have siblings to look after one another. That would be nice, a big family! That would be perfect!

She noticed his paw sinking into the sand as she heard what he said and nodded. "I can't say I had ever spent much time around the desert before joining up with the pride. So it is quite different. But its nice at the same time." she said as she rolled onto her back. "The feeling is so neat between your toes and fur. And you can just shake it off, very convenient." better then mud anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm
"Yeah, it's pretty nice, my older sister," he always called Taka his sister, even though they were only half siblings, "she put up with me through all of my cubhood, she was great... Heck, she even saved my life once," he said recalling that landslide. "But I'd say the best thing about my family is my twin. We look exactly the same except for our eyes," he said, bugging them out a bit. "It's always been something I wasn't particularly fond of, you can tell us apart just by looking at our faces, so we couldn't ever switch places, but we still do everything together. He's in the pride here somewhere, I'm not sure where he is at this very moment, but he came with me," Haku said happily. He was glad that Mat had come with him.

"And this sand is another reason I came here, it's like a completely different world! And totally different to dance on- I like it," he said, letting more sand pass through his toes.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:25 pm
"Oh you have a twin? How neat!" said Mei with a smile as her tail flickered back and fourth a little. When he mentioned the sane again, Mei stood up and grinned twirling around in the sand. "It's so much easier to move and spin, and slide!" she said with a chuckle as she stopped and turned to Haku. She sat down again and knelt her head to him. "Well, it had be wonderful meeting you Haku. I hope we can see each other again real soon." said Mei with a smile as she looked up at the sky. It was getting late. "I need to go review a bit on my steps for class again tomorrow. I will be done soon, but I want to make sure I have it down. See you again soon." said Mei with a smile as she began to trot off.  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff