Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:00 am
User ImageStreaked-Sky had been in the grove for a while now. She was supposed to be meeting her father so they could go bean-hunting, but he was apparently held up. Luckily, there was a lovely little pond here that reflected quite nicely, and she could see her beautiful self.

She supposed she should thank her father for that. Her mother was boring, drab gray. But father was the shade of the sky, with the pink of a flower streaking through.

She was like a beautiful flower! If she arched her neck just so, she was lovely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 pm
User Image Mourning Fog's throat felt dry and sticky. Oh, how he could use a good, refreshing drink now. His eyes panned right and left for any sign of a clear pond. Sure there was the occasional muddy puddle, but there was no way Mourning Fog was going to drink out of that..

Finally he chanced upon a decent pond. Smiling graciously, he bounded for it and immediately bent his neck to gulp down some precious water. He was so concerned with his thirst, he failed to notice that he was not alone until his eyes found something pink in the water. It was a reflection, rather, of a particularly lovely doe. Water still dripping from his chin, he raised his head to take a good look at her. "Why hello there, fair maiden. What brings one so lovely as yourself to this particular pool?" he asked, putting on a charming smile.

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 pm
Streaked-Sky watched as the pale buck rushed for the water and immediately started to gulp it down. When he was finished, he finally acknowledged her.

"I am here so I can meet my father to go bean hunting!" she replied rather giggly (he had called her lovely! even though it was a fact, it was still nice!) "But he's a bit late, and I've been waiting here all alone."

She gracefully bowed her head, and put on a demure manner. This was fun!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:59 pm
"Oh!" exclaimed the pink and lavender buck. "That sounds like a fun event indeed."

Mourning Fog smiled at the doe, she seemed like a pleasant creature, bowing her head. He enjoyed politeness. It also pleased him that she spent time with her father. Mourning Fog hadn't seen his in a very long time. He hadn't seen his mother either, but at least he knew what they looked like and what there names were. Someday he would seek them out again. Perhaps when he had children. He'd like to show them their grandparents. Lost in thought, the buck's eyes remained on the doe, unintentionally.

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm
"Oh, yes, quite fun indeed!" she said, copying his speaking style. Imitation was the sincerest form of flattery, and everything.

She noticed him staring though, and that made her nervous. Sure, she'd flirted with bucks, but her father had usually been nearby, and she'd never been stared at in a conversation. Maybe in passing (who wouldn't).

"Um, so...what are you doing here?" This wasn't a very traveled spot, because if it were there wouldn't be many beans.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:24 pm
Mourning Fog snapped back down to earth at her question. "Well I was strolling along and realized I was thirsty. So this was the first clear pond suitable for drinking that I happened upon." he said, matter-of-factly. "What you should be asking, my dear, is why I'm still here" he said smoothly, ever the flirt. And with that, he took a few steps around the perimeter of the pond to get just a little bit closer.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:34 pm
Streaked-Sky blushed (as much as she could, being bright pink) and shuffled a bit. "Well...um, then...what are you still doing here?" She chanced a look up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 pm
"Well, being in the presence of such a remarkable doe as yourself, I can't help but linger for even just a moment's look upon you." he replied, inching closer. She looked so innocent and cute, it made him feel warm inside and gave him the courage to advance. Now he was only a few paces away.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 pm
She had never really been in this situation before. Sure...she had flirted. But she had never...flirted. Plus, her father was going to show up at any minute!

"Well, um...I can't blame you for that...can I?" she giggled out. She was acting like a filly again!

User ImageHeralded-Nightsong had been watching as soon as he saw the pink buck shoot into the clearing with his daughter. He had watched the interaction, and noticed his daughter becoming distressed.

It was time for some fatherly intervention.

He stalked into the clearing, and put himself between the two. Facing the other buck, he asked, "What are you doing with my daughter?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 pm
"No I suppose you ca-" Mourning Fog's words were cut off by the entrance of the doe's father. Indeed he looked to be her father, they bore the same swath of pink, speckled "stars". He admired their coats, as he admired many a pretty thing, but the harsh-sounding words of her father echoed in his ears.

It left him feeling strangely insecure. "Well, sir..I was simply talking to her. I assureyouImeanthernoharm!" he said, his words jumbling together in a nervous rush. The way her father stood between them made it clear. He was not welcome to talk to his daughter in such a way. Trying to be polite, Mourning Fog ducked his head and avoided making direct eye contact. Lest he seem like he was challenging the other buck.

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:20 pm
Fantastic, she thought. Father was here to chase off another buck. Sure, she was nervous, but she had to practice somehow! And now Father was going to ruin another chance, and she'd never be able to pass on her lovely coat.

And here he was embarrassing her. Great.

Heralded-Nightsong regarded the buck skeptically. "I highly doubt," he said, "That your intentions towards my daughter were so pure in heart. What would your parents say, to you approaching a young doe so forwardly?"

He turned slightly, facing the buck, and pushing his daughter further from the buck. She might think he was unfair, but he he'd have to risk it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 pm
"Well, uh..sir.." he added the honorific hoping it would show his sincerity. "Honestly, I'm not sure what they would say..I haven't seen my sire or dam in a long time. I only remember what they looked like and what they were called." he said, a little ashamed. He stole a quick glance at the doe, who seemed to be displeased with her father's actions. He never even got her name... Quickly returning his eyes to the ground, he added. "I can't say for sure what they would say."  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 pm
And now he was going to request his pedigree. He did it every time. He said that you can tell the buck by the parents, except apparently there were no good parents in the entire swamp.

Motherfather only knew where this was going.

At least the buck had manners. But not having seen his parents was surely not a good sign. That meant that the buck didn't have good values instilled in him by his own father. He probably wandered off and took advantage of poor does like his daughter.

"Well, young buck, who are your parents then, that they would raise such a scoundrel?"

Sure it was rude. But this was his daughter. Not his only one, certainly, but the one that returned to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 pm
"Well..if I remember correctly, I believe my sire's name was Swamplight..and my dam's name was Fogbound." he said to the father-buck. He dared to look up at this point, still in admiration of the similarity between the doe and her sire. It reminded him of his own similarities with his dam. "If it matters, I got my spots from my mother." he said, almost proudly, as he craned his neck to tap his back with his nose. He then thought of his family. Of the brother and sisters he's never met. Again, he felt ashamed. There were always thoughts in his head of the twin he's never seen but always longed to meet. Perhaps one day they would be drawn together, his entire family would unite. The thought made him happy, and a small smile crept on his face.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:41 pm
Streaked-Sky sat down in shock. What were the odds of this ever happening? She didn't have much contact with her mother, and she didn't even know there was another brood somewhere! How many siblings did she have? Two? Four? Sixteen?

Words were coming to her mind, and none of them were very polite.

He blinked in surprise. He had known Fogbound had another clutch before he met her, but he expected something...well, grayer.

He would have to choose his words carefully. Comet had fallen behind him, in shock, no doubt. With a quick glance assuring her safety, Heralded-Nightsong turned back to the buck in question.

"I am not sure how to quite phrase this, young buck," he started, "But your father and I have something in common. The mother of our children are one in the same. My daughter's mother, too, is Fogbound."

Heralded-Nightsong was unsure of how the buck would react, but he tried to be carefull.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff