[FIN] Scrub, scrub, scrub (Last Whisper & Streaked Sky) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 am
User ImageHer latest Treasure had found it's way into her den before she had managed to clean it all the way, so that was what she set out to do now. She picked up the bird's skull gently and carried it out to the edge of the stream nearby. Trotting back to her den, she ducked in and grabbed a few of the smaller feathers before she headed back out to the stream.

She sat down heavily, humming to herself and re-arranged the skull onto a large flat rock, the same one she always used, and placed the feathers next to it. Before she got to using the feathers, she took placed her front hooves on either side of the skull to hold it in place as she used her teeth to remove the last scraps of meat, which she spat out into the stream for the fish to eat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 am
User ImageStreaked-Sky wandered along one of her favorite streams. It had a very lovely blue flower that grew along the edge, and she hadn't found it anywhere else. It really complemented her coat, and made her smell nice.

Walking along the edge, she noticed a very dark doe lying at the bank, doing something or another. Streaked-Sky couldn't see what she was doing, but she was curious. Plus, she could show off her bright, beautiful coat. This dark kimeti had probably never seen anything so beautiful in her life!

She walked up to the kimeti, and introduced herself: "Hello, stranger! I am enjoying a lovely walk, this stream is so beautiful!"

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:56 am
For once in her life, the doe had picked up a sound behind her before she was surprised by another. Her ears flicked back to hear footsteps behind her, but she continued to pick at the skull without looking back. "Almost there..." she murmured almost inaudibly, hoping that the stranger would just continue on their way.

No luck. Something pink showed up in her peripherals just as she managed to rip off the last bit of meat. Caught off guard by the brightness to her right, the strip of flesh was left hanging from between her teeth when she turned to look at the newcomer while she introduced herself.

Her eyes wandered over the doe's coat, reminding her of both dawn and the night sky. Absently she spoke around the meat in her mouth, starting with a muffled, "Hello."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 pm
This doe was weird, to say the least. Not only had she gazed upon her visage (so glorious!) but she had done so with her mouth full of rotting meat! Not only that, but she had spoken with her mouth full of it.

Since Streaked-Sky didn't really know what happened with kimeti who weren't quite as beautiful as her (most of them, really), she decided to figure it out. Her father would be pleased! Her she was, for the second time, trying to get to know the strange ones!

Self-satisfied and content, she asked, "May I ask what you are doing? It seems awfully strange."

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 pm
Still somewhat dazed at the sudden intrusion, when she went to reply, the piece of meat fell to the ground between her front hooves. She dropped her head down to look at it, picked it up and tossed it into the stream before turning back to the other doe and responding properly. "I'm cleaning my newest Treasure, of course. Making it look pretty, I am. See, I've already gotten rid of the flesh!" She nudged the bird skull forwards, still pink and somewhat covered in mud as well as touches of blood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 pm
Streaked-Sky looked on with horror. A Treasure? What kind of a grotesque person would find that treasure-like in the slightest. Well...maybe this kimeti was what Rabbit called simple.

She decided the best approach. "Well, that's, erm...lovely, isn't it?"

It was disgusting, decaying flesh, but maybe the other didn't know that. But some kimeti were just different. Ten kimeti, ten names and all of that.

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:40 pm
Feeling especially proud of herself, Last Whisper pulled the bird skull closer once more and picked it up gingerly to rinse it off in the stream, swishing it back and forth to force the water to flow over, under and through it thoroughly.

Placing it back on the stone, she was about to pick up a feather to do the detailed clean, when she remembered her manners. She turned back to the stranger and said pleasantly, if a little awkwardly, "My name is Last Whisper, by the way. I.... uhmm... it's.... it's nice to meet you...?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm
Streaked-Sky watched the other kimeti putter about with the skull. She was thoroughly convinced that this kimeti was a bit touched in the head, but she had manners, and she would use them.

"Last Whisper is a lovely name. Mine is Streaked-Sky, and it is lovely to meet you as well."

Her father was going to owe her big time for this.

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:19 pm
Her head tilted a little bit and repeated the name, "Streaked-Sky.... that's very pretty, too. Just like your coat!" She smiled up at the other doe and then she had a thought!

She nosed through her feathers and found the one she was searching for. A long white crane feather in perfect condition. She would never dream of using crane feathers to clean with, but she did tend to mix them up in her collections. She picked it up gently and offered it to the other doe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm
Streaked-Sky began to thank her, and then the other doe...Last Whisper...started to rummage through her pile of doo-dads.

Then she offered a long, white crane feather to her. This was a surprising reward for her kindness! Maybe she should be kind more often!

Leaning over to accept the gift, she set it carefully on the ground to pick up later.

"Thank you very much! You are very kind." It was probably best to use little words, like Rabbit did when he talked to her.

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm
Happy that the other doe accepted the gift, Last Whisper turned back to her other feathers and picked one up at random and dipped it into the water. Before starting to clean though, she put it down and asked, "Do you have any crane feathers? I mean... other... other than that one, of course." A grin, knowing that she sounded stupid, "You don't just find them anywhere."

Picking up that feather again she poked it into the skull and began swirling it around to get rid of the last bits of mud and blood. Her Treasure must be squeaky clean!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm
While trying not to gag, Streaked-Sky thought about her answer...

"Well, now that I think about it, I don't. I usually only collect flowers for myself, but they wilt quickly."

Gross. Streaked-Sky supposed it was better that she was only witness to the latter half of the cleaning, as opposed to the beginning.

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 pm
"Oh? Flowers?" She said, rather muffled by the feather in her mouth. She finished up one socket and then threw the feather into the stream, no longer useful.

"Flowers can keep, if you know how, that is." She said, without realizing that she was leaving the other doe hanging without a complete set of information, only a hint or clue. She was busy picking out a second feather for the last bit of cleaning: the other eye socket on the side that Streaked-Sky could not see from where she stood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:43 pm
A way to keep flowers? She could have a collection for every time of year...especially the cold-time when there weren't as many flowers around.

Streaked-Sky waited for a continuation from the doe, but none seemed to be coming.

"Will you tell me how to keep them?" This would be so useful!

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:50 pm
"Oh!" Another jump. "I-I forgot I was talking. What was I...." her brow furrowed in concentration, trying to recall what she was talking about earlier. "Oh! Yes, flowers. I remember." She released her feather and turned to look at the other doe again.

"Well, not all of them will keep as nicely as others... but you can dry them out, and some of them turn really nice dark colors and keep like that. And they're not soft after, but they do last for a really long time!" She watched the other doe expectantly, not sure if she would still be interested in knowing how.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff