Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Puberty Subforum
no period in 4 months!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is there something wrong with me??
  yes
  no
View Results

npladybug99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:35 am
ok so i had my first period on october third and havent had one since! i know periods are irregular, but i didnt know they could be this irregular. MY best friend told me that ''mother nature'' thought i was ready then took it back. can this be possible?!?!? oh and im 14 and dont even fit into a AA cup, is this normal? oh and i have one more question, can discharge replace your period, because i've been having alot of that lately.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 am
It's normal to skip a few months when you're first starting out. It just means you haven't regulated yet.

Yes, it's normal to be 14 and not have breasts. Breast size varies from woman to woman. Some girls are wearing a D cup when they are 12, other women are an A cup all their lives. So you might grow or you might not. Just a natural variation and not a big deal.

No, discharge won't replace your period. Discharge is something else. All women have it, and we have it all the time. But how much we make can vary from woman to woman. We also make more at certain times of the month, during puberty, during pregnancy, and when we are in the mood. Discharge lubricates the v****a to make sexual activity possible and pain-free. Discharge also helps to keep the v****a clean and healthy by flushing bad stuff out, just like tears do for your eyes.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Riku is my Twin

Dangerous Lover

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm
I've been having a somewhat similar problem too. I'm 20 and for the past 5-6 months I haven't had a period. I've never had sex so I know I can't be pregnant. I've been stressed out over school and work, along with planning on moving out of my parents house, but I don't think that it would be the only reason why I haven't had a period in so long.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:09 pm
Riku is my Twin
I've been having a somewhat similar problem too. I'm 20 and for the past 5-6 months I haven't had a period. I've never had sex so I know I can't be pregnant. I've been stressed out over school and work, along with planning on moving out of my parents house, but I don't think that it would be the only reason why I haven't had a period in so long.

Stress can make you skip a period. So can losing a lot of weight. But five to six months is an awfully long time for an adult to go without a period. It's actually recommended that women see an ob-gyn to make sure everything looks ok if they go for three months without a period. So you should schedule an appointment as soon as you can.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

purplepaisley47

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:26 pm
It took my body 6 months after my first period to have my second period. If you are underweight (or just thin), your body may take longer in between periods. Also, when you first get your period, it may take a year or two to regulate in the first place.
I'm 19 and have had my period since I was 15 and am still irregular. I got on birth control to fix it, and stillll am not regular after 4 months of birth control. Sometimes our bodies just like to revolt. haha
Everyone grows at a different rate. It's alright that your breasts haven't grown much yet. I'm fully grown and only an A cup. However, you still have about 4 years until you are done puberty and stop growing.
Discharge does not replace your period, but it does happen much more often after puberty starts.
Good luck! heart

Puberty Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff