Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Puberty Subforum
Shaving dilemma

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magnetic Electric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:29 pm
This is the only subforum I thought might be good, so if it's not I appologise.

So as in the title, I have a dilemma with shaving my legs. I can't remember how long it's been since I started, but I'm 18, so I'm guessing it was a while ago. Also, for as long as I can remember, no matter what I use I always end up with razor burn.

I've tried razors with 1-4 blades. Tried razors with the skin mosturizer on them. Tried different kinds of shaving cream, soaps, even tried shaving on bare skin. Tried shaving in the shower, but the water makes the razor burn worse.

Is there anything at all, any perscriptions or something, that I might be able to try to calm the burn? I've run out of ideas. Also, I don't like waxing at all, and I have no money on my budget to do it professionally, so shaving is my only option.

Even if I can't get rid of it, I'll still shave and bear the burn, I just want to know if someone here has tried something to reduce the chances of getting it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 am
What about those Veet creams that dissolve the hair and allow you to wipe/sponge the residue away, without using a razor blade?

Also, do you shave with or against your hairline? I shave against because it gets closer for me, but I hear you get more razor burn that way.

On a side note, it's "dilemma" I think. wink I read your title and was like "What's a delema?"  

Nikolita
Captain

Magnetic Electric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:25 pm
Nikolita
What about those Veet creams that dissolve the hair and allow you to wipe/sponge the residue away, without using a razor blade?

Also, do you shave with or against your hairline? I shave against because it gets closer for me, but I hear you get more razor burn that way.

On a side note, it's "dilemma" I think. wink I read your title and was like "What's a delema?"
Oh yeah, I wrote this when I was getting ready for bed, sleep deprivation doesn't help my spelling.

I've tried the Veet creams, but I found they didn't work that great. Either that, or I didn't keep it on long enough. I dunno. And I shave against it as well, it never crossed my mind to shave with it though. I'll have to try that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:19 pm
Magnetic Electric
Nikolita

Oh yeah, I wrote this when I was getting ready for bed, sleep deprivation doesn't help my spelling.

I've tried the Veet creams, but I found they didn't work that great. Either that, or I didn't keep it on long enough. I dunno. And I shave against it as well, it never crossed my mind to shave with it though. I'll have to try that.

I was just teasing. 4laugh No worries, I make typos too.

I usually shave against the hair growth, but if I have tricky/trouble spots, I'll usually go with the hair growth and I find it comes out smoother/catches any leftover bits that I might have missed.  

Nikolita
Captain

Puberty Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces