Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC
Heartfelt Adventure: Questions, Suggestions, and Discussions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm
POST-ARC CHARACTER REWORKS
RESERVATION LIST

As always, summons are first come, first serve. The following is a list of Summons that will be claimed as of the rework.

If you want to change your summon, let us know so we can alter this list! The sooner you save your spot, the better. If you don't want to change, that's also entirely okay! That's why we have the original choices listed as well.

Claimed Summons
  • Titan
  • Ultima
  • Merman (Mermaid)
  • Fenrir
  • Carbuncle
  • Unicorn
  • Leviathan
  • Atomos
  • Siren
  • Asura
  • Ixion
  • Odin
  • Shinryu
  • Rubicante
  • Dryad
  • Phoenix
  • Seraph
  • Phantom
  • Mateus
  • Chaos
  • Zalera
  • Cu Chulainn
  • Anima
  • Knights of the Round

Note: Yes, there are more summons than Earthlings. Certain canons and original characters have made bonds with summons, and others have... a way of existing.

JOB (& WEAPON) LISTING

Here's what everyone's primary "job classes" are. Do not misunderstand: there is no "only one of a job" rule! This is just a quick reference to see what everyone else is generally doing.

Also, even if you see someone doing something similar to your own idea, don't abandon it! People can still take two identical ideas in totally different directions. The important thing is to do what you feel is fun! Don't try to fill in a role that we're missing if you won't enjoy it 100%. If we have 5 healers and you have fun healing, the by God we'll have a 6th healer and we'll make it work.

• Joseph : White Mage (Hammer and Shield) — Supportive and offensive light-based magic.
  • Kyle : Sorcerer (Magic Gauntlets) — Magic manipulation
  • Noelle : Witch (Dual Sai) — Natural magics of living energy
  • Bobbi : Crystallist (Bow) — Gem-based damage and sabotage
  • Nicholas : Bard (Rod and Shield) — Field-wide support and sabotage
  • Joe : Wraith (Rapier and Dagger) — Dexterous melee and anti-magic
  • Dani : Assassin (Multi-part Sniper Rifle) — Ranged sabotage and damage spikes
  • James : Red Mage (Longsword with Gunhilt) — Well-rounded toward melee and basic magic
  • Kyla : Scholar (Pen) — Magical support and investigation
  • Dawn : Astrologian (Scepter) — Field-wide support and healing
  • Amy : White Mage (Dual Pistols) — Supportive and offensive light-based magic.
  • John : Dark Knight (War Hammer) — Tank and heavy damage through sacrifice

Upcoming

• Luke : Red Mage (Staff) — Decent fighter with white and black magic
  • Feather : Spell Fencer (Giant Scissors) — Fighter who uses elements to boost attacks
  • Song : Time Mage (Keys on a keyring) — Spatial damage and temporal manipulation.

Inactive

• Jenny : Time Mage (Flute) — Spatial damage and temporal manipulation.
  • Anthony : Knight (Giant Gauntlets with Chains) — Physical bruiser and skirmisher
  • Sayrike : Blue Mage (Three Great Mirrors) — Defensive copy-mage with wide array of magic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm
ɊɅ

::The start of this RP is confusing. Stuff has already happened. How did it start?::

Basically, Earth was attacked by Heartless. Each Earthling that was chosen to survive (AKA those that join the RP) experiences a Deep Dive in the middle of the attack, obtains their weapon, and then USUALLY has to fight a Darkside Heartless on the piece of earth that was once their home. After this, the world is lost regardless, and they fall unconscious, waking up in the Kingdom Hearts universe two years after KH2, where the worlds have all been mysteriously combined for the past month...

::Who is currently in charge?::

It's sort of baffling how often this changes. o_o;; Currently, this is lead by Soryuju Ryutetsin, Jeimuzu Kuro, Je Suis a Toi, Psalm Grasshopper, and Lavender Sakura.

::How do I get my weapon/summon?::

You obtain your weapon via the Deep Dive before fighting the Darkside. You always have your summon 'with' you from the moment you wake up in the KH Universe, but it is dormant until a strong magical effect occurs to wake it. Dress Spheres usually accomplish this.

::Can I wield a Keyblade?::

No.

::What about a False Keyblade?::

NO.

::Why not?:

NO. STOP ASKING.

::What can I wield?::

Pretty much anything besides a Keyblade. Hell, we have someone wielding a flute and someone wielding a sketch book. But only one of each weapon type- no two people can have the same weapon. And sorry, but if it's just a different name for the same weapon, or if the types of weapons are too similar, we'll have to deny it.

::Can I dual-wield?::

If nobody else is dual-wielding the weapon you want, sure.

::What is a 'Deep Dive'?::

A Dive into the Heart, AKA a 'Deep Dive', is when a person delves into their own Heart, whether it be to obtain their weapon, converse with their summon, dream, rest, meditate, etc.

For a better idea of what they are, imagine the tutorial for Kingdom Hearts. Remember that dark area with the mosaic pillars? That was a 'Deep Dive'. Each person's heart is different, however, so no two people will have the same pictures on their pillars.

They're usually used for plot-purposes. If you want to have one, take it to our ATE thread.

::What is a 'Dress Sphere'?

Dress Spheres are, basically, the same magic clothing that Sora received from the Three Good Fairies at the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2. They match your heart, so they basically look like whatever you want them too. They are self-sufficient, meaning that they repair themselves, keep the user at normal body temperature despite the weather, and they change for special circumstances (AKA world-costumes, like Atlantica or Pride Lands). Their pockets are endless, but to an extent- you can only carry two of any particular item in the pockets, but if Munny is absolutely necessary, then you can hold as much as you want. You do not receive your Dress Sphere in your original Deep Dive, but you receive it by joining one of the two main Quests.

Also of note, a Dress Sphere essentially puts a leash on your summon, making you its master and it your servant. This is why there are no summons revolting against their masters if they have a Dress Sphere.

::How many items can I carry?::

You can carry as many types of items as you can find, but can only carry 2 of each. 2 potions, 2 hi-potions, et cetera. Munny is excluded, though hardly ever used.

::What's the deal with summons/espers/eidolons?::

Every Earthling gets ONE SUMMON. It can be almost anything, so long as it is from the FF series. You may only have a summon if no one else has that summon. Summons that are just substitutions for other summons (Shivar and Shivan when someone already has Shiva, for instance, or Bahamut Zero when someone has Bahamut) may not be allowed.

To state it a second time, Dress Spheres put a leash on your summon. This makes you its master, and it, your servant.

::What are the backgrounds behind the summons?::

Actually, for this roleplay, no summons existed before we arrived. As a matter of fact, the moment you entered this world, they were born and attached to you as formless magical entities with no name or abilities. It is only via the connection to your heart that the summons are given form and power.

The exception to this is the Ivalician scions.

::Why are the Ivalician Scions an exception?::

Due to an oversight in the beginning of the RP (which has since been adapted to), Ivalician Scions existed pre-Earthlings. Their history follows an almost-identical timeline of their Ivalice history. They were created to serve certain divine purposes, but 12 of them (led by Ultima) banded together against their creators in a war. Having lost, they were banished into the Summon realm, stripped of all their 'divine' powers and left with nothing but their elemental strengths.

After some time, Ultima convinced them that combining their powers would cause enough energy to open a portal back to the real world. However, Ultima tricked them by slipping through, and without all 12 focusing, the portal closed, leaving the others behind, betrayed. Shortly after, she was banished again anyway, but by that point the others had fallen dormant again.

When the Earthlings crossed over, some of the Scions managed to bind themselves to an Earthling instead of one of the formless summons.

::So are the Ivalician Scions more important than normal summons?::

Actually... it's quite the contrary. While, yes, you are given a bit more INITIAL depth with a Scion, that limits your creativity in the long run. As well, near the end of the RP, the normal summons play an important part in the plot.

::What are my options when it comes to abilities?::

This is actually a pretty common question that Sory gets. He's always glad to help out, but to help things along, here are some basic rules:

---If you choose a melee weapon, you may choose an appropriate class and gain any magic your summon may grant you. If you're summon is non-elemental, you may get a non-elemental specialty (as long as it's not a Magic School).

If you choose a ranged or magic weapon, you may choose an appropriate class and gain any magic your summon may grant you. If your summon has no element, and you are NOT a Mage, then you may pick a Magic School as your specialty.We do not allow Red Magic.

::I want to play myself, but I want to be a villain. Is there a way to do that?::

If you'd like to do that, just ask! Trust me, we could figure out a way to make the Darkness taint your heart. ;D

::Can I play more than one character?::

Yes. You may play as many characters as you want as long as you are willing to accept the responsibility for them. Keep in mind that there may be other people joining who really want to play specific characters. If you take on multiple characters but only really focus on a couple of them, it isn't fair to other people. The exception to this rule is Earthling characters. At maximum, you may be ONE Earthling character - YOURSELF!

::I want to play someone from FF <#>. Is he/she allowed?::

Almost any character is allowed. Merely fill out the profile.

::I disagree with the background you've given . Can I change it?::

I'm sorry, but each of these stories has been formed to best fit the plot at hand. There will be no changing of it (unless it's only a minor variation; you still have to talk to me about it). As the 'Stay In Character' rule states, if I see anyone changing something about a character, they will be asked to change it back or will be given a warning.

::Is yaoi/yuri allowed in this RP?::

Yes and no. One of the above rules states that you must stay in character... this includes staying true to that character's sexual preferences, if he/she has any. If the relationship is an agreement between two players, that's fine, just keep it PG-13...but I don't want to see Leon and Cloud hitting it off. Regardless of what the fanfictions say. If you are playing a canon whose sexual preference has never been addressed in the series, and you believe this character may be gay, then ask me in regards to that specific character.

::Can I have Drive Forms?::

Sora only had Drive Forms with those he was extremely close to. You will need to establish a bond equally as strong with the target of your Drive. The one who controls the Drive Body is up to a coin flip - 1 is Heads, and that means the person who did the flip gets the body; 2 is Tails, and that means the person who did the flip gets absorbed. The person who loses control will give boosts to the person who gains control- these boosts, however, must the approved by none other than the HA Mods.

Something to keep in mind- your character may only drive with another character within 1 'level' of his/her own (see the Stat System post for more on 'levels'). As such, a rookie Earthling (level 1) won't be able to Drive with, say, a Replica (level6, not that they'd ever bother trying).

::Can I Drive with my summon?::

Yes, but that's something that won't happen until you are EXTREMELY close with your summon. AKA Not until you've been with us for quite some time. A special portion of the first post in the HA QSD thread has been used to explain the rules behind Summon Drives.

::How long do Drive Forms last?::

To get how long your Drive Form will last, take your Energy level (or the Energy level of the 'Host'), multiply it by 2, and divide the result by 3. In the form of a math problem, (Energy x 2) / 3. For example, someone with an Energy level of 5 would last for 3 posts because (5 x 2) / 3 = 3.33. Someone with an Energy level of 12 would last for 8 posts because (12 x 2) / 3 = 8.

However, depending on the length of the posts that take place during Drives, we may decide to lengthen or shorten this amount. These are considered 'average' posts, which means that a post with a lot of talking or actions taken would take up more time than one with less.

::And Limit Breaks?::

There are two types of limits- Individual Limits and Group Limits. You may only use one Limit Break per battle, and they may only be used when the character (or at least 1 character in a Group Limit) is near defeat, as in the last few HP. If your character is healed before s/he can activate the limit break, then s/he loses the chance to do so until the next time he's near defeat.

Individual Limit Breaks are sort of self-explanatory- they're just powerful, last-ditch efforts. You can learn one each time you level up. You can use any Limit Break you have already learned, but these Limits can only be used once per battle.

Group Limit Breaks require a bit more explanation. With a Group Limit, you don't just attack, but you also give your partner(s) a gift to contribute to their own attacks. Basically, if you have a Group Limit, you decide what your character would contribute to a Limit combo. For example, Goofy contributed his shield-tossing technique, and Donald contributed his off-the-wall magic attacks. Riku contributed 'Dark Firaga', while Sora contributed the 'Light Swords'. Each character will contribute something to the combo.

As an example, we'll use a warrior and a black mage. They initiate the Limit: the Warrior's shares his physical strength with the mage, giving him the ability to attack head on; the Mage shares his elemental magics, imbuing both their weapons with an element of his choice. Together, the two initiate a magical-melee combo.

::When does the RP take place in the storyline?::

Two years (and one month [and so many days]) after KH2.

::Can I be an Organization member?::

If they haven't been killed in the RP, then yes. All Nobody's have come back to life.

::Can I wear an Organization Cloak?::

Only if you're an Organization member, but the Organization has been disbanded, so I don't see why you would...

::Is Traverse Town/End of the World/Castle Oblivion/The World That Never Was allowed?::

These worlds each have very special circumstances. Traverse Town and End of the World are both created from the scatted remains of destroyed worlds; these worlds have ceased to exist. The World That Never Was, for all intents and purposes, was an artificial world created by Organization XIII (it's heavily implied by both the game and Nomura, anyway); as such, it was not fused with the rest of the worlds. Castle Oblivion is fine, I believe, so yeah.

::Do Nobodies bleed/need to eat/need to do normal human functions?::

Yes.

::How do Nobodies obtain their weapons?::

As far as has been revealed by SquareEnix, Nobodies' weapons are formed as a manifestation of their memories. In other words, they just know they have them. They don't get 'forged', they aren't man-made- they just exist, and that's that. Kinda lame, but that's what we're using.

::Can I make a Sentient Heartless?::

No. Xehanort was the only being shown to have sentience as a Heartless, which is an anomaly that even the Organization doesn't quite understand (Axel is shown questioning this in one of the FM+ scenes). As such, none shall be allowed. Only full beings and Nobodies may have sentience.

::I want to make a Nobody- can I use the original elements?::

No.

::How does 'Magic Sensing' work?::

Basically, if someone is directly targeting you with a spell (not an area, but you specifically), and your Magic Resistance is higher than their Magic Strength, you will sense that someone is targeting you, and from what direction the spell is coming from.

If your Magic Resistance is the same as their Magic Strength, then there is a 1/2 chance. Use the Random Number Generator to find out if you sense it or not. If, however, you don't want to sense it, or the caster allows you to sense it, than ignore this.

If your Magic Resistance is lower than their Magic Strength, then you will not sense it at all.

::How do status effects work?::

After a while of deliberation, we've decided to deal with status ailments using the stat system- specifically, the Magic Strength and Magic Resistance stats (or Physical Strength and Physical Resistance, if attempting to cause a status by pure physical means).

Unless the target is immune to the status, then follow this formula:

(Caster Magic Strength) / (2 x Target Magic Resistance)

For example, Caster A has Magic Strength of 8 and wants to cast Poison on Target A, who has a Magic Resistance of 3. Doing the math, you find the chances to be 8 / 6. The Caster automatically succeeds.

For a second example, Caster B (with Magic Strength 4) wants to cast Confusion on Target B (with Magic Resistance 7). Doing the math, you find the chances to be 4 / 14. Using the Random Number Generator, you set the numbers to 1 and 14, and if you roll a number between 1 and 4, you succeed.

Keep in mind that if someone tries to inflict a status ailment by physical means ALONE, then Magic Strength is replaced with Physical Strength, and Magic Resistance is replaced with Physical Resistance, meaning:

('Caster' Physical Strength) / (2x Target Physical Resistance)

Only Addle, Cripple, Disable, Poison, Stun/Delay/Daze, and KO may be caused using these methods. They may be inflicted magically OR physically.

::What are the current main quests?::

One quest is to find the magical beings of certain worlds, help them out, and hope they have clues behind the mysterious combination of the worlds. This is called 'The King's Quest' because it is the quest King Mickey sent them on.

Another group has split off on 'The Queen's Quest'. They are searching for the lost King Mickey, following his trail. He is believed to have discovered a sinister secret, but he has sent back no letters, which of course worries the Queen.

::What are these new Replicas and why are they kicking everyone's asses?::

The 'Replicas' were created back in Halloween Town using nothing but a few people's darkest memories. In actuality, they are essentially Unversed (from Birth by Sleep). With no Light or good memories, they pure Darkness, making them insanely powerful. They are cruel, don't understand what compassion is, and for the most part seem to want to convert the world to Darkness. And yet, they're still not the main villains...

::What are 'Geists'?::

Geists are a new type of monster, so to speak. A Heartless is the Heart, and a Nobody is the Body and Soul, an Unversed is manifested negative emotions, and a Geist is manifested memory. How they are created, nobody quite knows- except for the villain behind it all, none other than Maria.

Basically, they're humanoid in shape. All Geists look the same. They have white skin and white hair. Their only garb is white robes that strangely never seem to get dirty. They are all the same height, six feet, and the same weight, 120 pounds. But their abilities can change their appearance, though not permanently. Their forms can shift as they wish. They can take on the appearance of an animal, or change an appendage into a weapon.

When a basic Geists touches someone else with a soul, they drain their memories into themselves, starting with short term and moving on to long term.

They may also 'phase', losing their physical form and becoming ghosts. This may allow them to dodge attacks, but doing so too often drains them of their energy.

Geists have multiple forms, but unlike Heartless or Nobodies, these different forms are 'evolutions' so to speak.

--Their first stage, the 'Tabula Rasa', has no face except for a nose and indents where eyes should be, and will take orders from pretty much anyone. They may only steal immediate memories. These memories are only temporarily stolen- they return shortly after the drain. Immediately after taking the memories, the 'Tabula Rasa's face appears just like the victim, but that fades after a few moments.

--Their intermediate stages can vary. As the Tabula Rasa begin to 'grow', they can take more memories, as well as memories from farther back. The more memories are taken, the less likely they are to return to their owner. These stages will only listen to those with a powerful will, much like a Heartless. In the intermediate stages, copied faces remain, but begin to accumulate, synthesizing into the Geist's own personal face. These mid-level Geists may also take different abilities, allowing for many types of Geists to exist.

--Their final stage, the Memoria Phantasma, is completely developed. It may hold an infinite amount of memory, and its face has reached a permanent appearance. Upon reaching this stage, the Geist takes on the 'stance' of the combined memories that s/he has absorbed over time, including personality, gender, preference, and morality - meaning good, apathetic, or evil. Geists rarely last long enough to reach this stage, because by this point of maturity, they are free to do as they please, no longer bound to taking orders, and since Geists are normally used to drain the memories of good people, then they usually turn against their evil masters.

Geists, being heartless things, do not feel emotion, and run purely on logic and rationality; they do not even comprehend how an emotion should feel. When they drain memories, they do not take the emotions attached to those memories with them. They cannot even fake emotion, having no comprehension of how an emotion should feel.

Geists have one universal weakness- cold. Being nothing but memories made manifest, they are given form by energy, which takes the form of heat energy. Cold areas, and especially ice spells, sap the energy from the Geist until finally they can no longer retain their form, and they unravel.

::What worlds have been visited so far?::

Disney Castle, Agrabah, the Underworld, Narnia, Halloween Town, Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons, Port Royal, Hawaii and Angel Grove.

::What's the big difference between basic spells, -Ra spells, and -Ga spells?::

Another frequently asked question, the mods had to take a bit to think about this one. We ended up deciding to use the following chart:

Magic Strength 1 - 6 = Low (Basic Level)
Magic Strength 7 - 10 = Medium (-Ras [Fira, Thundara, Blizzara, and Equivalents])
Magic Strength 11 - 13 = High (-Ga [Firaga, Thundaga, Blizzaga, and Equivalents])
Magic Strength 14+ = EX (-Ja [Firaja, Thundaja, Blizzaja, and Equivalents])

What does this mean? Well, you can't cast a spell of a certain level unless your Magic Strength is that high (or higher). And, should you decide to cast a spell of a lower level, it will cost less energy (even less the higher your MS is), but it also cannot be stronger than the level cap. So Fire can only be as high as MS 6, Fira can only be as high as 10, and Firaga can only be as high as MS 13.

::What is 'Elemental Sharing'?::

Soryuju Ryutetsin, in the Speak Out Thread, page 10,
We will be implementing Elemental Sharing in the RP. That is, allowing one person to use the elements of others. However, there is a very strict condition: the partners who share their elements must be able to naturally Drive together.

Drives are essentially the strongest bond two/three people can have, as they are quite literally fusing their hearts for a short period of time. A natural Drive requires that the two/three friends already be really, truly close to one another just to succeed.

Something to keep in mind is that we get our elements (or 'non-elements') from our Summons, and our Summons are bound inside our Heart. When the Drive occurs, each of the participants' hearts is connecting not only with the other, but with the Summons within. Once the natural Drive ends, the two/three hearts have left an imprint on each other- and it's that imprint that allows the two/three allies to access a small portion of each other's elements.

For now, this Elemental Sharing will be limited to three ally-related abilities, one per drive. And while Natural Drives have only actually come up once as of now, please don't start randomly driving just to get abilities -_- If the mods think two people are not yet close enough to Drive, we will cancel it.

::Can I charge my spells?::

Yes! For every post that you charge a spell (meaning you're doing nothing else), your Magic Strength for that spell increases by 2. Yes, this is cumulative, meaning if you charge a spell for 4 posts, it will have an additional +8 MS. This allows for great power, but comes at an obvious cost- if you're interrupted or attacked, the spell immediately fails and you have to start over.

::How do summons work?::

We've been asked this many times over the course of the RP, and only as recently as late July, 2011, did we set the rules in stone.

There are, essentially, 2 methods of summoning. Ally Summoning, and Charge-Blast Summoning.

An Ally Summoning is essentially summoning your eidolon and having them stick around as allies until their duration ends or they're defeated, very much like Kingdom Hearts. This can be done in one post (summoning and having them appear immediately) or you can charge your Summoning for additional posts to increase their power and duration.

When Ally Summoning, remember that you share your energy with them! Every spell they cast comes from your mana pool. As for their Endurance, that's dependent on how much of your own Energy you put into summoning. Keep reading for more details.

The Charge-Blast Summoning is essentially what you see in most of Final Fantasy games. You summon your eidolon and they use a single, powerful move before vanishing. This method requires that you charge for at least one post, though as with all magic, the longer you charge, the more powerful it will be.

For information on just how powerful summons should be, read this chart. No one expects you to memorize all of this, of course! Just find your Magic Strength at the time of Summoning and figure out what to do from there.

Jeimuzu Kuro
Crew

Electrically

Hilarious Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:06 am
List of Inked Coalescences
Edited into this post by the Captain

What is an 'Inked Coalescence'?

Kyla's Ability, Inked Coalescence
Inked Coalescence- Using her pictomancy as the medium of transfer, Kyla can absorb power from one willing ally and integrate the traits of that power onto another, single willing ally, causing the target to have an amalgamation of his or her own traits and the traits of the source. Kyla, however, can only act as the medium; absorbed power must be integrated onto a separate target or the mana is wasted. Each Coalescence may be different and is dependent both on the source and the target. Coalescences last three turns and, due to the intensity of the integration, can only be used once per battle, in addition to draining half of Kyla's maximum mana. [Sources and Targets should discuss their possibilities; since the Target gets the final change, the Target needs to get each Coalescence approved] ; [Possible changes include stat alteration (not gains), weapon alteration, elemental alteration, ability alteration, and physical form alteration] ; [Replenishing mana mid-battle does not allow for an additional Coalescence] ; [Mana drained from ally is equal to 2 Energy.]

Joe:
  • Lightning Cavalry [Joe/Anthony Inked Coalescence] - Through the magic of Inked Coalescence, Joe becomes a horned, armored cavalry unit on a black horse with a golden tail and mane. He gains basic thunder magic, and a lightning-elemental weapon strike. [-2 Energy/Action Speed, +2 Constitutional Endurance/Physical Endurance, Gain Zantetsu Naginata(Odin's Sword on Joe's Staff, Weapon Change), gain Lightning Element, gain Thunder, gain Thunder Strike(lightning-based physical strike), gain horns and armor(physical changes), gain Thundersteed(horse, acts as extension of Joe)]
  • Arctic Yeti [Joe/Bobbi Inked Coalescence]: Through the magic of Inked Coalescence, Joe becomes a large Yeti with blue skin, white fur, and a large club made of bone. Gains an ice breath, and becomes ice elemental. [-3 Action Speed/Outright Speed, +3 Constitutional Endurance/Physical Endurance, Weapon Change(Bone Club), gain Ice element, lose wind element, gain Blizzard Breath(magic based ice damage with chance of Frost), Grow 2 ft. taller and get broader(Physical changes as well as being a Yeti)]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am
List of Alchemic Concotions

Known Ingredient Substitutes (in order of common to rare):
  • Antidote -- Tranquil Crystal
  • Maiden's Kiss -- Serenity Crystal
  • Eye Drops -- Lucid Crystal
  • Holy Water -- Bright Crystal
  • Bomb Fragment -- Blazing Crystal
  • Arctic Wind -- Frost Crystal
  • Zeus' Wrath -- Lightning Crystal
  • Bird Feather -- Gale Crystal
  • Gaia Drum -- Tremor Crystal
  • Fish Scale -- Tidal Crystal
  • Hi-Potion -- Spirit Crystal
  • Turtle Shell -- Dense Crystal
  • Dragon Fang -- Power Crystal
  • Dark Matter -- Dark Crystal
  • Elixir -- Twilight Crystal

Mystery Ingredients:
  • Shiny?
    • Shiny Shard?
    • Shiny Stone?
    • Shiny Gem?
    • Shiny Crystal?
  • Stardust?
  • Mythril?
  • Energy?
  • Remembrance?
  • Mystery Goo?
  • Orichalcum?

Matthew's Mixes
  • Healing Mixes: These are combinations that provide healing effects.
    • Potion + Potion = Potion: Heals HP by a small amount.
    • Potion + Ether = X Potion: Heals HP fully.
    • Potion + Elixir = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Potion + Arctic Wind = Gentle Breeze: Causes a breeze to blow that heals all allies, but is less effective than a Potion.
    • Potion + Turtle Shell = Ether: Heals MP by a small amount.
    • Potion + Antidote = Neutralizer: Cures poison and heals a small amount of HP.
    • Potion + Maiden's Kiss = Maiden's Kiss: Cures Toad status.
    • Potion + Eye Drop = Cure Blindness: Cures Blindness and heals a small amount of HP
    • Potion + Holy Water = Potion: Heals HP by a small amount.
    • Hi Potion + Hi Potion = Hi Potion: Heals HP by a moderate amount.
    • Hi Potion + Ether = Balm of Gilead: Heals MP fully.
    • Hi Potion + Elixir = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Hi Potion + Arctic Wind = White Wind: Causes a wind to blow that heals all allies, but for less than a Hi Potion.
    • Hi Potion + Turtle Shell = Triple Ether: Heals MP as much as three Ethers would.
    • Hi Potion + Antidote = Neutralizer: Cures poison and heals a small amount of HP.
    • Hi Potion + Maiden's Kiss = Maiden's Kiss: Cures Toad status.
    • Hi Potion + Eye Drop = Cure Blindness: Cures Blindness and heals a small amount of HP
    • Hi Potion + Holy Water = Hi Potion: Heals HP by a moderate amount.
    • Ether + Ether = Ether: Heals MP by a small amount.
    • Ether + Elixir = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Ether + Arctic Wind = Whispering Breath: Causes a breeze to blow that heals the MP of all allies, but is less effective than an Ether.
    • Ether + Turtle Shell = X Potion: Heals HP fully.
    • Ether + Eye Drop = Eye Drop: Cures Blindness.
    • Ether + Holy Water = Ether: Heals MP by a small amount.
    • Elixir + Elixir = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Elixir + Arctic Wind = Healing Gale: Strong wind heals all allies HP and MP by half of their capacity.
    • Elixir + Zeus' Wrath = Defibrillate: Has a chance of reviving a knocked out ally to half health.
    • Elixir + Antidote = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Elixir + Eye Drop = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Elixir + Holy Water = Elixir: Heals HP and MP fully.
    • Bomb Fragment + Antidote = Melt-Off: Cures Frost status.
    • Arctic Wind + Antidote = Chill-Out: Cures ignited status.
    • Zeus' Wrath + Antidote = Limber-Up: Cures Paralysis status.
    • Antidote + Antidote = Antidote: Cures Poison status.
    • Antidote + Eye Drop = Smelling Salts: Chance of reviving knocked out ally at critical HP.
    • Maiden's Kiss + Maiden's Kiss = Maiden's Kiss: Cures Toad status.
    • Maiden's Kiss + Holy Water = Blessed Kiss: Removes Medium and Very Easy status ailments.
    • Eye Drop + Eye Drop = Eye Drop: Cures Blind status.
    • Holy Water + Holy Water = Holy Water: Cures Pain status.

• Support Mixes: These combinations provide various buffs for Matt or an ally. With mixes that boost stats, only one may be in effect on an individual at a time, and will last for 3 posts.
    • Potion + Hi Potion = Lifewater: Grants the Regen status.
    • Potion + Zeus' Wrath = Boost: Increases Outright Speed by 1.
    • Potion + Dragon Fang = Dragon Power: Increases Physical Strength by 2.
    • Hi Potion + Zeus' Wrath = Agility: Increases Evasive Reflexes by 1.
    • Hi Potion + Dragon Fang = Dragon Power: Increases Physical Strength by 2.
    • Ether + Zeus' Wrath = Adrenaline: Increases Action Speed by 1.
    • Ether + Dragon Fang = Dragon Shield: Boosts resistances to Fire, Ice and Lightning.
    • Ether + Antidote = Resist Poison: Boosts resistance to Poison.
    • Elixir + Dragon Fang = Goliath Tonic: Increases Endurance by 2.
    • Bomb Fragment + Turtle Shell = Resist Fire: Boosts resistance to Fire.
    • Bomb Fragment + Eye Drop = Sure Strike: Grants the Valor status.
    • Bomb Fragment + Holy Water = Shield: Increases Physical Resistance by 1.
    • Arctic Wind + Turtle Shell = Resist Ice: Boosts resistance to Ice.
    • Arctic Wind + Eye Drop = Wall Eyed: Grants the Wall status.
    • Arctic Wind + Holy Water = Barrier: Increases Magic Resistance by 1.
    • Zeus' Wrath + Turtle Shell = Resist Lightning: Boosts resistance to Lightning.
    • Zeus' Wrath + Eye Drop = Static Image: Grants the Blink status.
    • Zeus' Wrath + Holy Water = Energizer: Increases Energy by 1.
    • Turtle Shell + Turtle Shell = Protect Potion: Grants the Protect status.
    • Turtle Shell + Eye Drop = Hasty-ade: Grants the Haste status.
    • Turtle Shell + Holy Water = Bacchus' Cider: Causes the Berserk status.
    • Antidote + Maiden's Kiss = Levisalve: Grants the Float status.
    • Antidote + Holy Water = Samson's Might: Increases Physical Strength by 1.
    • Eye Drop + Holy Water = Elemental Power: Increases Magical Strength by 1.

• Offensive Mixes: These combinations create bombs, spells and the like that either deal damage or cause status effects.
    • Potion + Bomb Fragment = Grenade: Matt throws a bomb that deals minor damage. [Low Level; MS 5]
    • Potion + Dark Matter = Devil's Juice: Matt throws a bottle filled with purple liquid that deals minor Dark damage on contact. [Low Level; MS 6]
    • Hi Potion + Bomb Fragment = Missile: Matt creates a missile that flies at the enemy and deals moderate damage. [Medium; MS 8]
    • Hi Potion + Dark Matter = Devil's Juice: Matt throws a bottle filled with purple liquid that deals minor Dark damage on contact. [Low Level; MS 6]
    • Ether + Bomb Fragment = Time Bomb: Matt creates a bomb that explodes 3 posts later, dealing heavy damage. [High; MS 13]
    • Ether + Dark Matter = Dark Ether: Matt throws a bottle filled with a dark blue liquid that damages the enemy's MP on contact. [Low Level; MS 6]
    • Ether + Maiden's Kiss = Lilith's Kiss: Matt creates a pair of pink lips that follow the enemy and drain their MP on contact. [Low Level; MS 3]
    • Elixir + Bomb Fragment = Warhead: Matt create a warhead that deals moderate damage to all enemies when it explodes. [Medium; MS 10]
    • Elixir + Dark Matter = Antilixir: Matt throws a bottle filled with a neon green liquid that has a chance of bring the victim's HP and MP to critical upon contact. [EX; MS 15]
    • Elixir + Maiden's Kiss = Lilith's Kiss: Matt creates a pair of pink lips that follow the enemy and drain their MP on contact. [Low Level; MS 3]
    • Bomb Fragment + Bomb Fragment = Fira: A homing fireball flies out from Matt's hands and deals moderate Fire damage. [Medium; MS 7]
    • Bomb Fragment + Zeus' Wrath = Flame Bolt: A bolt of flame launches from Matt's hand at an incredibly fast speed and deals minor Fire damage. [Low Level; MS 5]
    • Bomb Fragment + Dark Matter = Hellfire: Matt conjures a massive ball of flame that deals heavy Fire damage. [High; MS 13]
    • Bomb Fragment + Dragon Fang = Inferno: Matt breathes out a raging inferno that does moderate Fire damage to multiple enemies. [Medium; MS 9]
    • Bomb Fragment + Maiden's Kiss = Lusty Kiss: Matt creates a pair of red lips that follow the enemy and try to cause the Ignited status on contact. [Low Level; MS 5]
    • Arctic Wind + Arctic Wind = Blizzara: A large chunk of ice flies at the enemy and deals moderate Ice damage. [Medium, MS 7]
    • Arctic Wind + Zeus' Wrath = Ice Bolt: A bolt of ice launches from Matt's hand at an incredibly fast speed and deals minor Ice damage. [Low Level; MS 5]
    • Arctic Wind + Dark Matter = Cocytus: A hail of needles of ice fire from Matt's hands and deal heavy Ice damage. [High; MS 13]
    • Arctic Wind + Dragon Fang = Deep Freeze: Matt exhales a frigid mist from his mouth that deals moderate Ice damage to multiple enemies. [Medium; MS 9]
    • Arctic Wind + Maiden's Kiss = Shiva's Kiss: Matt creates a pair of blue lips that follow the enemy and try to cause the Frost status on contact. [Low Level; MS 5]
    • Zeus' Wrath + Zeus' Wrath = Thundara: A bolt of lightning strikes the enemy from above dealing moderate Lightning damage. [Medium, MS 7]
    • Zeus' Wrath + Dark Matter = Condemnation: A storm cloud forms over the enemy and strikes them with a massive lightning bolt, dealing heavy Lightning damage. [High, MS 13]
    • Zeus' Wrath + Dragon Fang = Tempest: Bolts of electricity arc out from Matt's hand dealing moderate Lightning damage to multiple enemies. [Medium; MS 9]
    • Zeus' Wrath + Maiden's Kiss = Alcmene's Kiss: Matt creates a pair of yellow lips that follow the enemy and try to cause the Paralysis status on contact. [Low Level; MS 5]
    • Dark Matter + Dark Matter = Shadowflare: Matt creates a gigantic explosion of dark energy, dealing massive Dark damage to all enemies. [EX; MS 16]
    • Dark Matter + Dragon Fang = Dark Breath: A cloud of darkness pours out from Matt's mouth, dealing moderate Dark damage to multiple enemies. [Medium; MS 10]
    • Dark Matter + Turtle Shell = TNT: Matt self destructs, dealing massive damage to the enemy and knocking himself out. [EX; MS 14]
    • Dark Matter + Antidote = Poison: Matt throws a bottle containing a dull green liquid that can inflict the Poison status on contact with the enemy. [Medium; MS 10]
    • Dark Matter + Maiden's Kiss = Toad Kiss: Matt creates a pair of green lips that follow the enemy and try to cause the Frog status on contact. [Medium; MS 10]
    • Dark Matter + Eye Drop = Dark Gas: Matt exhales a cloud of grey gas that can cause the Blind status. [Medium; MS 10]
    • Dragon Fang + Dragon Fang = Dragon Breath: Matt breathes out a multi-coloured gout of flame that deals moderate Fire, Ice and Lightning damage to one enemy. [Medium; MS 10]
    • Dragon Fang + Antidote = Poison Breath: Matt exhales a purple cloud of gas that deals moderate damage and can inflict Poison. [Medium; MS 9]
    • Dragon Fang + Maiden's Kiss = Dragon Kiss: Matt creates a pair of fanged lips that follow the enemy and deal moderate damage and can inflict Frog. [Medium; MS 9]
    • Dragon Fang + Eye Drop = Dark Sigh: A cloud of pure black gas leaves Matt's mouth and can inflict the Confuse and Blind statuses. [Medium; MS 9]
    • Dragon Fang + Holy Water = Holy Breath: Matt exhales a white flame that deals heavy Holy damage to a single enemy. [High; MS 13]
    • Turtle Shell + Antidote = Turtle Soup: Matt creates a bottle containing an orange liquid that can reduce the enemy's Physical Resistance by 2 on contact. [High; MS 11]
    • Turtle Shell + Maiden's Kiss = Succubus Kiss: Matt creates a pair of purple lips that follow the enemy and drains their HP on contact. [Low Level; MS 6]
    • Maiden's Kiss + Eye Drop = Lamia Kiss: Matt creates a pair of orange lips that follow the enemy and try to cause the Confuse status on contact. [Low Level; MS 5]

• Dud Potions: These potions have no effect other than harming Matt.
    • Elixir + Turtle Shell = Dud Potion: Inflicts Confuse on Matt.
    • Bomb Fragment + Arctic Wind = Dud Potion 2: Inflicts Poison on Matt.
    • Dark Matter + Holy Water = Dud Potion 3: Inflicts Slow on Matt.
    • Dragon Fang + Turtle Shell = Dud Potion 4: Inflicts Frog on Matt.

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 pm
Misc. Information

How does Blocking work with Resistances? THERE'S A CHART FOR THAT.

Click here to see the chart! Feel free to ask questions because this was, after all, made by Soryuju Ryutetsin, and as everyone knows, he is horrible at making an understandable point!

How does Summoning work? THERE'S A CHART FOR THAT.

Click here to see the chart! Feel free to ask questions because, like the previous chart, it was made by Soryuju Ryutetsin, who is publicly known for being a horrible, horrible person for explanations.

Drive Forms with People:

Drive Forms in the game are pretty epic, and seem pretty simple. Well, because there's such a variety of people (and thus, potential drives), there has to be a system. And because this system has to account for 20+ people... it's going to seem complicated. I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

• If the two/three Drivers agree on who will be the Host, then no roll is required.

• If they can't decide, or if they want to make it interesting, the person who initiates it must do the Random Number Generator post action, with the numbers 1 and 2. If the number is 1, then the initiator is the host and the secondary is fused within. If the number is 2, then the secondary is host and the initiator is fused within.

• The Host should take all stats and increase them by 1 per Driver. He should then take the Contributor's/Contributors' top 3 Strengths (if there is a tie, the Contributor determines which 3) and increase them by an additional +1.

• The drivers may talk about shared abilities, weapon alterations, et cetera, so long as they end result is approved.

Drive Forms with Summons

• The only summon you are allowed to Drive with is your own.

• The 'upgrades' are far easier to calculate. You must pick one stat that your summon best embodies; that stat is increased by 3. Then you must pick two stats that your summon would also be strong in; those two stats are increased by 2. Finally, pick two more stats that your summon would be mildly strong in; those increase by 1.

• If the mods feel that you are misplacing your stats (saying that Gilgamesh would give a 3 point boost to magic, for instance), we will make you change it.

• Due to the close bond to your summon, you will have access to a greater variety of abilities related to it. Abilities that you haven't yet learned (so long as they are related to the summon and not your job), for instance, or perhaps abilities that could only be accessed via the drive.

• On that same note, when in Summon Drive, you may use any unlocked Limit Break as a 'Finisher', ending your drive immediately, but not requiring you to be at low health.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:41 pm
Okies, so, I understand that Kyle's planning on posting all the profiles himself so that people don't edit stuff in and say that it was already there when anyone asks them about it. This is a good idea. I like it, but then there's the matter of editing the profiles for minor things, like when we want to revamp the personal sections of our profiles for some reason or another, or need to add things to our bios as the story progresses.
I had an idea to help solve this problem, and I got it from a Naruto RPing guild I was in a while back.

[HALF WAY THROUGH WRITING THIS I REALISED THAT THIS COULD ALSO WORK FOR PLL, SO I'LL PHRASE THIS SUGGESTION IN A WAY THAT APPLIES TO BOTH RPS]

Basically, we create a thread where you post any and all additions or changes you'd like to your profile. If you want to add abilities, then you need to get those approved first by the Mod in charge of that RP.

So you post any additions you'd like, and if they're sensible, a Mod (any Mod) will come and edit that in. Just so you know that it was done and who did it, that Mod will edit your post and tell you that they updated your profile with said info. Mind you, this would only apply to [sensible] changes or additions to your personality, likes/dislikes, family info and bio.
If you want to add an ability, just post the name and required information, and then the Mods in charge of whatever RP that may be will have to approve (via editing the bottom to give their approval). I don't know exactly how the Mods would like to do it, but with HA, I'm guessing you'll need approval from two of the three? With PLL, however, abilities would need only Kyle's approval ^^.

Basically, it'll look something like this:

Ima K. Nine
WHATEVER RP THIS APPLIES TO

Name: Character name

Additions to:
  • Likes/Dislikes: list them here
  • Appearance: list them here
  • Family info: list them here
  • Yada yada yada

Additions to personality: Just copy pasta what you already have there, add/remove whatever you want, and then post the whole lot, with any additions/removals present, here so we can just copy pasta it back x3

Additions to bios: Ditto x3

And once a Mod reads it, they can ask you to be more specific or change a few things:

Ima K. Nine

Additions to:
  • Yada yada yada

Additions to personality: Just copy pasta what you already have there, add/remove whatever you want, and then post the whole lot, with any additions/removals present, here so we can just copy pasta it back x3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Colour can be whatever you want, Mods]

Can you please change this this and that? - Mr. Mod

And when said changes are complied to:

Ima K. Nine

Additions to:
  • Yada yada yada

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Done - Mr. Mod

Of course, if you want to edit your abilities.....

Ima. K. Nine

Type of ability/ies [Attack, Support, Passive]:
  • Ability name - Explanation

And you'll need majority approval... I think?

Ima. K. Nine

Type of ability/ies [Attack, Support, Passive]:
  • Ability name - Explanation

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Approved - Mr. Mod
Approved and done - Mrs. Mod

I'm guessing limits and drives would be in the same style xD.

So yeah... Tee hee. The Naruto RPing Guild that this idea sprouted from had people needing to edit their profiles several times a day (to put in new learned techniques). Of course, we'll have far less change requests xD. This was mainly just to keep track of all changes, as well as help prevent people ambushing the Mods whenever they want to edit their profiles.

EDIT: Explaining this took waaaaaaaaaay longer than I thought it would @w@"".  

Riorin

Stone-cold Hunter

11,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Firestarter 200

Karn1254

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm
Thank the gods for Rio, the above should apply for PLL profiles as well, if I may make that suggestion.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm
Yeah, that's what I was planning on allowing anyway, but those formats work perfectly o_o Bravo, Rio! However, instead of making an entirely new thread, why not just post them in the Audition thread? You're just 'auditioning' for a change, after all.  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:12 pm
Also, Doulmagus wasn't a canon of FF, Disney, or KH, so we'll count him as 'original'. Diablos and Chernabog I'll put up.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:16 pm
Good times :3 I'll try to rack my brain for more, but i think that's everyone :/  

Mizz_FUJIN

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:22 pm
Yeah, Rio. eek Bravo. Looks like you put a lot of work and thought into those.

*hands key to the city*

You can has it.

And I can has grammah. I seem to has lost ets. *goes to finds*  
KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out