Welcome to Gaia! ::

Left 4 Dead- The game

Back to Guilds

This guild is dedicated to the game "Left 4 Dead." Have fun! Kill zombies, and get bloody! 

Tags: Zombies, Role-Playing, Guns, Left 4 dead 2, Killing 

Reply Left 4 Dead
Noob Woes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fallpray

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:38 pm
I have just bought L4D2 yesterday. Even though I have played L4D before, I chose to start out with Normal mode so as to get to familiarize myself with the new changes and the maps. And you know what, almost all the players I got to team up with are noobish players. No teamwork, solo playing, shooting instead of meleeing first when surrounded by hordes, standing in the middle of a horde attack instead of defending from a room or a wall, setting teammates on fire. rolleyes It's pretty sad to see so many noobs in the game even though L4D have been around for more than a year now. Really these people should buck up. What is so difficult about learning basic teamwork and strategies? neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:58 pm
lots apperantly, i have even seen some expert players do this, and a majority of the people that play versus dont work together with their infected team or run ahead of their fellow survivors  

Ninja Sparda

Fallpray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:17 am
Yea, you see all the ugly sides of ppl in this game. I am tired of getting killed because of crappy teamwork.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 pm
1 time I was a boomer and before I can puke on the survivors, a tank punched me. I didn't get to puke on anyone, I was well out of the tanks way and he even got killed before he can hit anyone other then me 1 time. He even asked why they killed him easily. I was just cursing him out and they all voted to kick me off for snapping at him. -_-

One thing I do love is when I am not the Tank. Cause if I die and stuff I don't want to be yelled at. Usually as a Tank I knock down 2 people. People just rain insults and yell a me for not knocking all 4 of them down or not killing one. Yeah Tanks are fun but not worth that so no thanks... xP

That's another thing I don't get, whenever the Tank is out almost nobody helps him. Why doesn't anyone like snatch up one of the survivors shooting at him or pounce a stray survivor or even puke on them? It's like every time it's only him. Sure he's tough but, come on he's not immortal and 4 people gunning him down is gonna kill him.  

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm
I'm getting alot better as a Tank, everyime I am a Tank I usually take out 2-3 survivors and the 4th one either kills me or one of my team mates gets him. 1 thing that kills me is when I'm right infront of a survivor about to smash him, a Hunter suddenly pounces him and I kill the Hunter by acident. When I want help they wont do a thing, they all hide in the back or something expecting me to kill all 4, but when I don't need any help their all over it.

Just today a guy became a tank and died, he didn't hit 1 survivor and we told him he sucked as a tank cause he was always criticizing us. Then I become a tank and 1 guys says "Ok, watch how a real tank works." and I incapped all 4 survivors xD. I become a tank again at the Finale and incap only 3 and the 4th, not only killed me, but revived all 3 and in the end 3 out of 4 escaped.

They loved me as a Tank but how come nobody ever seems to help the big guy when he needs it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:58 pm
Tomha_Domizoko
I'm getting alot better as a Tank, everyime I am a Tank I usually take out 2-3 survivors and the 4th one either kills me or one of my team mates gets him. 1 thing that kills me is when I'm right infront of a survivor about to smash him, a Hunter suddenly pounces him and I kill the Hunter by acident. When I want help they wont do a thing, they all hide in the back or something expecting me to kill all 4, but when I don't need any help their all over it.

Just today a guy became a tank and died, he didn't hit 1 survivor and we told him he sucked as a tank cause he was always criticizing us. Then I become a tank and 1 guys says "Ok, watch how a real tank works." and I incapped all 4 survivors xD. I become a tank again at the Finale and incap only 3 and the 4th, not only killed me, but revived all 3 and in the end 3 out of 4 escaped.

They loved me as a Tank but how come nobody ever seems to help the big guy when he needs it?

i hear ya, everyone thinks that the tank is some kinda god, but when you think about it he is not all that great, especially if he is solo  

Ninja Sparda

The Mercenary Rp

Aged Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:18 am
When i play on survival everuyone spreads out and don't help eachother but i try and prepare first.almost every game someone calls the horde before i am ready and i get pissed off since apparently i am tank bait.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm
Thats why i always pub stomp. If there are pubbies in my game we kick them (always playing vs, campaign is boring), we cant pull off 3-1s with pubs it gets annoying.  

Pkjei

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Yeah never seems you can find many good players. Just tonight I was with this group, we were survivors. It was the level before the Sewers in No Mercy. I was badly hurt and Incapped once, everyone used up their medpacks after a Tank attack and I was in the orange cause apparantly all the AI were aiming for me.

Anyway I get incapped and I'm in the red, we find a Medpack and I rush to grab it but some SOB snatches it up and doesn't even heal me. So I'm trying to hang in there, Hunter runs up and Incaps me with 1 shot. I told my group. "I'll die next time, please heal me." but 1 guys said there'll be more up ahead and the Pack boy ignored me. We go on and I got 1 HP left, just 1 and I'm yelling HEAL PLEASE!, they ignore me then I suddenly die from a boomer smacking me. I never got killed by a Boomer himself, his horde maybe but never a Boomer. We kick the guy and move onto the Sewers level.

Tank is hitting us, they kicked me because I picked the Assault Rifle while all 3 of them picked Shotguns, Now before anyone says anything I was able to take out the Smokers and noob hunters from a distance so at least 1 guy with a machine gun or hunting rifle is nice. But they kicked me anyway... (( I love using the Shotgun but I want at least 1 guy who can shoot far away for the smokers at least, cause Shotgun aint gonna help much since they usually chill on the roof tops or just far away. ))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:50 pm

And that's why I've forced all my friends to buy the game and I pretty much only play with them.

1. Because of crappy team work,
and
2. Because of being snapped at for making normal mistakes. =| Not like, setting a team mate on fire or something, but accidentally shooting someone, which can't be helped when it comes to FPS. o_<

It's understandible to get pissy at some things, yeah, but some people are just effing cruel and it really takes the fun out of the game.

KoNterra

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm
KoNstantX

And that's why I've forced all my friends to buy the game and I pretty much only play with them.

and
2. Because of being snapped at for making normal mistakes. =| Not like, setting a team mate on fire or something, but accidentally shooting someone, which can't be helped when it comes to FPS. o_<

It's understandible to get pissy at some things, yeah, but some people are just effing cruel and it really takes the fun out of the game.
lol yeah, I acidently shot someone with a shotgun cause he ran right infront of me while I was shooting at a horde and I killed him, he was incapped twice so my shot killed him. People gotta get out of the way sometimes. If I got shot, it's most likely my own fault.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:19 pm
Tomha_Domizoko
KoNstantX

and

lol yeah, I acidently shot someone with a shotgun cause he ran right infront of me while I was shooting at a horde and I killed him, he was incapped twice so my shot killed him. People gotta get out of the way sometimes. If I got shot, it's most likely my own fault.

I... I know how that feels. -_-; I was really off my game one day and also -incredibly- unlucky. Two of my teammates were on their last down and had little to no health left (and we were playing on realism hard I do believe). I... I killed them both... I could of died I felt so bad. They just thought it was funny, but I kept begging them to let me quit because I felt so guilty. ;_;

And the funny thing is that I am the best among my friends when it comes to friendly fire, hands down. o_<

Yeah, if I get shot, it's more than likely my fault. ^_^`

KoNterra

Garret Erikson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:23 pm
Heh, usually if I get shot by a teammate and it's my fault and they apologize, I say "Its cool. I ran in front of you." If they don't, or it isn't my fault, I usually say something along the lines of "Ow...douche!" but it's meant in the least offensive way possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:39 pm
yeah, the only thing I hate more then getting shot by team mates are the players that wont share their medkits, especially when they don't need it and others do. This guy in our group, ok guy but he's going red/blue (If you got that color blind setting on, I do cause I like blue) And 2 of the other guys had their medkits, their perfectly fine, in the green, I already used mine after failing a Crowning with the witch.

But then not only does the other guy die cause nobody healed him but a Smoker snatches me and they ignore me running up ahead, I went from like 80 to almost just 1 cause of them and I'm telling one of them to heal me but none of them do, but I ALMOST get close to the SH and of course a Tank shows up, but it wasn't a tank that got me, a Boomer ran up to me and smacked me and incapped me. I think that is just sad getting incapped by the Boomer himself.

And I hate that Witch, I keep running up to her without even realizing it, just like the situation I mentioned with Medkits, I just ran up to her cause of a Smoker and I had to either crown her or risk running (Where the witch will most likely attack cause I was RIGHT next to her.)  

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100

Garret Erikson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:59 am
As much as it sucks being on the receiving end of a boomer scratch incap, I do love killing someone with a hit and run as a boomer.  
Left 4 Dead

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff