User ImageUser Image

Obadias was curled up in the shade of one of the larger rocks around the pride. The den was within sight, as was his mothers but he felt no need to go over and socialize. He enjoyed company, but he didn't want to have to talk to anyone.

His Father was somewhere within the pride, and as much as Obadias wished too, he knew better than to try and follow his father while he was busy. Tariq got aggravated and Obadias got tired, so it was better to simple not bother.

His eyes were slitted slightly, concentrating on not falling asleep despite the pleasantly coolness that clung to his fur. He had slept little the night before, but did not remember why. Sometimes, there were dreams he couldn't remember, which weren't like the flashes. He could always remember the flashes. He could remember blue. This all. His dreams were often full of blue nowadays.

Aziz'Din strode through the pride, head held high. His steps were confident, and his eyes were firm as they met the gaze of other pride members, despite he usually received an amused glance at most.. He knew people found him amusing, but he'd show them when he was older. He would be better than all of them. He just had to keep up his practicing and watching, then he'd show them.

The sun beat down a heavy burden on his back, despite his fairly light colours. He had been out in the sun for most of the morning but the sun was now high in the sky, making it even worse to be out. Spotting a large rock that appeared to be uninhabited, he strode over quickly. Unfortunately, as he drew closer, he spotted another young cub lounging beneath the shade. Scowling, he drew to a stop not far from the rock.

“What are you doing under my rock?”

Obadias stretched lazily, claws extending to grip the dirt as he rolled over to his side, eyes falling closed once more. A pleasant breeze ruffled his young fur, glad that the day wasn't excruciatingly hot like it had been once or twice before.

Startled when he heard someone speak to him, he jerked himself upright, rolling onto his stomach and staring up at the cub. Younger than him, Obadias noted with little interest. He had similar colours to the Sultan too, perhaps a relative?

“A rock is an inanimate object. You can't own it,” Obadias replied simply. “Unless you're able to own other objects like the sky, or that tree.”

Aziz'Din scowled heavily at the young cub when he refused to stand up and greet him properly. Damn it. Had he not perfected his Pad Face yet? The male should be cowering before him, despite the age difference in his flavour.

“Father owns this land,”
Aziz'Din boasted. “That's an inanimate object. I can own a rock in my father's lands.” Though technically, it would still be his father's rock but the dark cub didn't have to know that.

“So what are you doing under my rock?

Frowning lightly, Obadias watched the cub puff out when he spoke and pull a face. He looked a little ridiculous. He had a feeling that the male was upset at him, but he wasn't sure why he would be. All Obadias had been doing was resting in the small amount of free time that he had before he returned to the den and his mothers.

“Wouldn't it be Sultan Aali's rock then?” Obadias inquired lightly, resting his head on his paws as he watched the other cub. His colours were so similar, he had to be one of the Sultan's sons. He wasn't the Emir though, he had seen that cub in passing at least and knew this little tuff of fluff wasn't him.

Lifting his head at the firm question, he sighed. “I was resting. I'm tired.”

“So?” He scoffed lightly. “What's my father's is mine too.” The pride was in his blood, even if he wouldn't be the next Sultan he was still in charge of the pride too and it involved keeping little brats like the dark cub in line, even if it took time out of his busy schedule to do so.

Tilting his head to the side, Aziz'Din examined the cub. He did look tired. Even his already red eyes were bloodshot and he looked like he should have been the walking dead. “Then why aren't you sleeping in your den? You should be sleeping.” His tone of voice made it seem as if 'idiot' should have been added to the end of his comment.

Aziz'Din was not a cruel or mean spirited cub, but he was logical.

If you're tired, sleep.
Easy.

Unfortunately for Obadias, being tired did not always go hand-in-hand with sleeping. In fact, it was rare that he slept beyond becoming exhausted. If he was practically falling over in tiredness, then perhaps he would sleep. Otherwise, he didn't dare risk it.

My den is too noisy,” he replied. “This rock is quieter. Or it had been.” Okay, that he had been a slight insult to the purple cub, but he was tired and the other male was not helping at all.

In fact, he was probably making it worse. At least before, Obadias had been relaxed. Now he was tensed and eager to find another quiet place to avoid the world.

Aziz'Din's fur stood on end at Obadias' comment, eyes narrowing in a still cub like, over exaggerated glare. It held promise though. When he was older, the look had the possibility to be truly terrifying. Right now, it looked a little silly.

Are you calling me loud?” Aziz'Din demanded. Was that an insult? That was an insult, wasn't it? He doubted being called noisy could be counted as a compliment. How should he react to that? Attack him? Aziz'Din didn't think his father would be too pleased at hearing he attacked another cub, so that was out. Verbally tear him down? He didn't know enough insults for that. He didn't think 'no I'm not, you are!' was a good response in any situation.

Aziz'Din really needed to learn more insults.

Obadias winced as the cub bristled at his comment. Damn, he'd noticed the insult then. Getting to his feet, Obadias was prepared for a flambay of insults and perhaps an actual attack. All he got was a question. Shaking his head, half in amusement, half in disbelief, he wondered if he was lucky or if the other cub was still too young to take decisive action yet.

“Put it this way,” Obadias said quietly, moving passed the cub. “You talk a lot, but you say very little.

Fastening his pace, he didn't slow down to see the cub's response to his statement. Heading back to his den, it was probably the safest place for him while the cub cooled down. Realising he had insulted him, but had never gotten his name, Obadias felt guilty. The cub shouldn't have picked a fight though, and definitely not over a rock.

Aziz'Din gaped after the young cub. That wasn't fair! He wasn't suppose to just walk away, and was that another insult? Damn it. He'd just lost a verbal battle. He should have been better at it. Why hadn't his glare made the other cub quiver in fear? It should have worked! He spent hours practicing that glare.

As if to prove it, the young cub glared at the retreating back of the black cub. Moving quickly, he decided he'd show that cub, once and for all.

Just to spite him, Aziz'Din dropped down in the male's spot underneath the rock. Tilting his face up, he firmly decided to stay there for the rest of the afternoon.

Ha! Take that.