Welcome to Gaia! ::

|| Closed ||

Back to Guilds

A fun and improved Percy Jackson guild! Anyone can join! 

Reply Camp Half-Blood- A New Adventure
Getting To Know The Guild- READ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this helpful?
  Yes
  No.
View Results

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:59 pm
First of, this is more for me. I hate getting disorganized and I need a better way to keep things in order. This is where I’ll post new rules, old rules, updates, changes, and so on… so please check this out.
This is pretty much the Rules and Regulations. What I say goes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:00 pm
First off- Claiming When you ask to claim a person please include their character profile! And also tell me what God you play. This way I won’t have to go back and forth from the God’s taken forum, to the parent determination forum, to the—well you get the idea. It’s a pain in the neck to have to do all that. ANOTHER thing I want you to include when you send me a PM asking to claim someone, tell me WHY you want to claim them. And PLEASE make sure their mortal parent isn’t the same sex as the God… PLEASE! This is why I need you to send me the profile thing so I can make sure it’ll work out. I know I've said that before but only a few of you seem to have listened. I'm also sorry for the long waiting periods of not being claimed. I'm pretty busy now in days. So please give me up to a week to claim you, at least during the school year. In the Summer I will claim more frequently.  

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 pm
Second- Character Profiles - Please put as much information about your character as possible. The Gods look at your profile to see if they should claim you or not, and if you don't have anything on there but your hair color, gender, age and so on... it doesn’t make our jobs easy. PLEASE put more info! I'm soon not going to accept those kind of profiles. I've learned that many people who make those types of profiles tend to leave the guild anyway. Put a good description, a background story; tell us what your character is like! Try to be creative! That’s the whole fun of RP’s!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 pm
Third- Gods - A LOT of you are not active, some of you never contact me, and only about three of you actually help out. That's REALLY sad and disappointing. I'm finally going to be stricter about this. I'm going to send PM's to those of you who are no longer able to be Gods. It's nothing personal, I just need people who are actually going to help me. I can't claim everyone on my own... as you can see that doesn't go well. I THANK those who actually do help, or at least contact me once a week. It's very helpful. To those of who haven't contacted me, I thank you for trying. Gods must post a minimum of 10 times a week.  

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 pm
Fourth- Rules -
~A Few Rules ~
1. Be Nice! You must respect the mods, members, and me.
2. No bullying. We haven’t had a problem with that here, but I thought I’d add it just in case. If I find you are bullying someone in my guild you will be banned, no questions asked. If you see someone bullying someone IN THE GUILD please PM me.
3. No God-Modding! This is really annoying. I will give you one warning, and if you don’t stop you will get kicked from the guild. (God-modding is pretty much making your character win at everything.) An example- Derek jumped off the 30-foot building and lived. or Jared got stabbed in the heart multiple times, but miraculously he lived. Stuff like that is God-Modding.
4. Keep it PG-13. We allow romance, fighting, gore and so on… but keep it PG-13 please.
5. You can’t pick your immortal parent. You have to wait to get claimed by one of the Gods. You’ll just have to stay in the Hermes cabin until your parent claims you. (you must post your character profile before you can be claimed)
6. No text chat please! I can’t understand it, and I’m sure there are a lot of other people who can’t either.
7. If you want to kill off a character please get permission from me first. We all have to agree- The killer, the one who’s getting killed, and of course me.
8. In this guild we use both first and third person. Either way is fine with me, but if you have more than one person you MUST post in third person.
9. You can only have three magical weapons. BUT GODS- If you feel the need to give your children more magical weapons that’s fine with me, but ask me first.
10. If you want to be a God please PM me.
11. We are a semi-literate guild so I’m banning the use of *…* those things. You can’t use them to tell use what your character is doing, you must explain like you’re writing a book.
DO NOT- *walks up to cabin*
DO- Derek quietly walked up to the Hermes cabin.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:06 pm
Fifth- Crew - A lot of you have told me some people deserve to be on crew because of the amount of posts they have or for the length of time they’ve been on. I don’t add people to crew because of that. I add people to crew because I trust them. I know the people on crew better than most of the members. Sure they may have a lot of posts, but I’m not going to put someone on crew if I’m not familiar with they’re writing styles, nor decision-making. I’m going to be strict about this too. You’ll find a decrease in Crew.
Another thing- just because you’re a god doesn’t mean you’re on crew. We have too many Gods and I can’t trust all of you, nor can I look after you all. I only want people who will actually help me, so once I’m done here I’m going to limit the crew members to those who I KNOW I can trust.  

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:56 pm
Sixth- A Few Things On Posting - PLEASE BE LITERATE! Don’t sound stupid or I will be forced to make fun of you. Ok… so I won’t really make fun of you; THERE’S A RULE ON NO BULLYING! So, I will most likely just give you a warning. Don’t use text language in your posts please. I can’t understand any of it, and I’m sure other members can’t either.
When you post please have at least one full sentence. You won’t believe the number of posts I’ve seen in this guild that were only four words long. We’re supposed to be semi-literate guild folks, not some madhouse. So please, notch up the writing levels. I will enforce the law, I promise. When I get my pick of the few good Crew I’ll tell them what to look for.
Below are the examples of what are, and what aren’t allowed:
ARE ALLOWED
Derek hopped up the steps to the Ares cabin and opened the door slowly. He shuffled his feet as he walked inside the dark cabin. It was quiet. Too quiet. He shut the door and sat down on his bunk, preparing for bed just as a flying toaster came and hit him in the head. – This is a small paragraph I made in the matter of seconds. Your posts don’t have to be this long, but please write at least a sentence.

“Hello.” Derek smiled at the toaster when he awakened. “Where’d you come from?” He stood up a little shaky and stared at the cabin. It was torn to shreds. He took a step back and fell onto his bed.
– PLEASE use quotations! You don’t know how annoying it is to read dialect without quotations.

((Hey wanna meet up somewhere)) --- OUT OF CHARACTER when you talk to a fellow as yourself please use the brackets to show you’re talking ooc (out of character)

DON’T DO
*walks up to cabin and sits on bed* DON’T DO THIS! It’s not literate!!! >.<

Hi. Derek smiled at the pretty toaster.____ YOU need to use quotations! And you need to write way more than this ^^

Hey lets start a quest!------- even if your talking to someone about the guild as yourself, please use the brackets. (( ))

And please no spamming or useless posts. A useless post would be- He stood up, and sat down. Paced the room then went to bed. BAD EXAMPLE! I know… but I’m really tired so yea. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:57 pm
Guild info

As of Jan. 13th, 2010 the guild is undergoing minor changes.
The basics of this guild is based on the PJO series by Rick Riordon(sp?).
We have some of the main characters as well as new characters.

And this is the basic info...  

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

TheAwesomeSparky
Captain

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:00 pm
Guild Guide
To Get Started-
Note: This is for beginners. This will not only go over how to begin in this guild, but also how to be a good literate RP’er

When you get started things may seem complicated. And they are. This is a complex guild. We are trying to recreate the PJO world, which isn’t hard to do. So this is a guide that will help you get started on your way!

The first thing you want to do is create a Character Profile. This tells us what your character is like and helps the Gods decide whether or not they should claim you or not. You can click HERE To be taken to the Parent Determination Forum.

Once you post there you can go start your Rping. When you RP you want to write at least one-two juicy sentences. Put in detail; be imaginative. I once wrote a five-paged paper about two pennies and a pancake, so I’m sure you can all handle two sentences about your character. Most people start off in the Hermes cabin. That’s where all the unclaimed children stay, along with the children of Hermes. That’s why the cabin is always crowded and messy.

Once you get to know some people and find some friends here to RP with you can pretty much go anywhere at camp. Quests can’t be started without my approval. If I see that you have started a quest without my saying you will be banned.

After a few days of being unclaimed you can check out the- Who’s your Parent forum. CLICK HERE This is where we claim our campers. You can be claimed by a variety of Gods. Some of which may not have many children. We, for the time being, are limiting the number of kids who go into the Big Three. We can’t all be children of Zeus, Hades, nor Poseidon. So please be happy with the God who claimed you and have fun with it. If you have any questions about why you got claimed by that God/Goddess please contact TheAwesomeSparky21.

Once you get claimed you can move into your God’s cabin. If it’s a major God you will go here but if it’s a minor God you will go here

We have added things onto camp, such as the Academy and the camp hangouts. The hangouts are sort of palaces for all the Gods, and not just major Gods.

The Academy is where the year-round campers can get an education. Since they no longer got to school on the outside world they need to be taught here at camp. It’s also a place for you to actually learn stuff you didn’t know how to do. AND YES- unfortunately there’s homework. stare You will be kicked out of school (expelled) for not doing anything.
The Hangouts are like small palaces for the Gods. We have two big ones for Hades and Poseidon that I had created before the idea of small hangouts came about. So don’t think I favor those gods over the others. Anyway the hangouts is just another place for the Gods to RP. Just another way to let me know which Gods are active and which aren’t. When you post as a God you use color, ONLY IF YOU POST AS A GOD!

Here at camp we have Camp Areas These are the areas that were talked about in the book series. We have the Arena, the woods, the beach, and so much more.
We also have Stables Here you can create your own Pegasus. They MUST stay in the stables unless you get permission from the camp counselor- TheAwesomeSparky21.

We have a Lunch Pavilion where all the campers gather to enjoy their meals. You are not required to have your character eat… but the lunch pavilion is another good place for you to RP and meat new campers. ^_^

These are just some of the major Rping spots in our guild. Next I will cover the places where we post information you may need. First off there’s the main forum page were I post most announcements. All announcements are important and you are REQUIRED to read them.

HERE you can check out what people play as the Gods. We also have a list of gods that you can choose from. If you have any Gods in mind that you think we should add, just tell me. ^^

That’s about it. I think I’ve covered just about everything. smile  
Camp Half-Blood- A New Adventure

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff