Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Journals: Powered Characters
[Senshi] Sailor Quasar/Aaron Michaels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 pm
--------------------------♥--------------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Follow Me on Twitter!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Aaron Michaels

Nicknames: Air, Mick

Birthday: October 31st

Sign: Scorpio

Blood Type: AB

Fav. Food: Spicy Sushi, Sweet & Sour or Garlic Pork/Chicken, Perogies and Sour Cream

Hated Food: Turnips, Brussel Sprouts, Mushrooms

School: Meadowview

Hobbies:
- Singing - Aaron's dream is to be the lead singer for a band, but for now he contents himself with singing to himself while he cleans or studies.

- Sewing - Whether it's making a stuffed animal or patching a rent in a uniform, Aaron knows his way around a needle and thread. Good thing, too, since most of the clothes he prefers to wear are out of style and hard to find, so knowing how to mend them when they get damaged is definitely a good thing.

- Cooking - The man likes to cook, what can I say. Used to taking care of his younger brother while his mum and dad worked, he's handy around a kitchen.

Gemstone: Tourmaline

Virtues:
- Determined - When Aaron puts his mind to completing a task, he doesn't stop until it's done as well as he can do it. Not one to give up just because the going gets rough, you can always count on him to try and see it through to the end.

- Outgoing - Though he may sometimes start out a bit shy when he's taken off guard, Aaron tries his best to get to know everybody from classmates to neighbors, though not everyone appreciates his advances and 'interesting' sense of humor. Still, he tries not to let that stand in his way of acquiring new friendships, though if you rebuff him enough times, he'll eventually get the message. Kind of.

- Loyal - For all of his joking around and defenses, Aaron is fiercely loyal to those he considers friends. While he'll stick by you through thick and thin, truthfully in his heart he feels that it's only a matter of time until they drop him. Despite this, he still does his best to hold on to what he has and be the best friend he can be. This often manifests in 'eager to please' or 'people pleaser' behavior, the only way he knows how to keep people close is to do everything they want and try to never let them down.

Flaws:
- Cynical - Hiding behind Aaron's mask of pleasantry resides a rather cynical and pessimistic person. He is adept at finding the negative aspect of any situation, though not so much at finding the positive parts. Even when life is going well, he always believes something will come along to mess it up for the worse. To quote: 'The glass is half full, just enough to drown in.'

Aaron approaches much of life's situations with a 'why bother, it's not gonna work anyway' attitude. He's very likely to try to avoid a fight entirely, but if he's cornered or forced into it, be ready to hear him bitching about it the whole time and pointing out why it's such a pain.

- Immature - Aaron isn't always the easiest person to get along with, and his acerbic wit and sarcastic backtalk don't always help this matter along. When he feels threatened or backed into a corner, Aaron often resorts to sarcasm to try and diffuse the situation or to cover his unease. Unfortunately, it just as often has the opposite effect.
It may just be the way his mind works, he is a healthy 17 year old boy after all, but Aaron doesn't seem to have any compunctions about making subtle (and not so subtle) innuendos and jokes when the situation presents itself. Anything can be rendered filthy by a chuckle at the appropriate moment.

- Resentful - As hard as he tries, Aaron never really feels secure in the relationships he has, and envies other people's casual trust in each other. He hides it well in most cases, but his outgoing eager-to-please demeanor and joking around are just a thin veneer to hide his bitter resentment of the fact that he believes he will never have anybody whom he can fully trust and who will accept him completely for who he is.

**Loyal vs Resentful: Since doubt has been expressed about the fact that someone can't possibly be loyal and resentful (because hey, obviously he would what, be loyal to everybody on earth while also being resentful of everybody on earth, right? *insert eyeroll here, btw) He couldn't possibly be loyal to some and resentful of others. Of course not.) I shall provide some examples, taken from my own real life experience in dealing with these two facets of myself. (Yes, Aaron is very much a Gary Stu)

Example:I love my nephew very much, and would do anything for him. When he was born, however, I had just started living with my mother again after my separation, and we were working on our relationship. My sister would bring my nephew over almost every day, and mum, obviously, would dote on him and pay a lot of attention to him, being her first grandchild this is understandable. I spent my fair share of time cooing at him and stuff, but at the same time, I was very resentful of the fact that he took up so much of mum's attention, just when I felt I needed her most, and just when we were starting to become close again after years of hardly talking.

Breakdown:So, loyalty to my nephew and family, but still resentful of the attention my nephew was getting/I felt he was taking away from me.

How this would translate to Aaron's life: for the first ten years of his life Aaron was an only child, and doted on by his parents and other family members. However, when his brother was born, focus shifted to him, leaving Aaron feeling like he was an outsider. Though of course if you ask him, he will say he loves his little brother, he is also full of resentment towards the child who usurped his position in the family, and to whom he now must sacrifice part of his day to watch and entertain.**

Weakness:
- Insecure - Although Aaron tries not to show it, he's not as confident in life as he appears. Though he's outgoing and willing to make new friends with almost anybody, it simply masks his deep need to belong and be liked by somebody. His loyalty stems from his overwhelming need to hold onto the people in his life that he cares about, and his fear of being left behind. If he's loyal enough, does everything he can to help someone or do what they want him to, then, in his mind, they might not get bored with him and push him out of their lives.

Aaron covers his weakness with humor and sarcasm and a mask of emotions that is his public persona. The fault lines of his insecurity, however, run very deep, and the right amount of pressure in the right spot could crack him wide open. To this end, while he is indeed loyal and outgoing and full of snappy comebacks and lewd jokes, he rarely shows his true self to anybody, for fear that it will drive them away, or that, once and for all, he'll get hurt too deeply to mend.

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:07 am

Senshi: Sailor Quasar, Senshi of Voice User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Challenge: My voice shall be the last you hear!

Quasar's attacks make use of sound waves and vibrations to wreak havoc on his surroundings and enemies. Since they rely on him having breath to use them, he supplements with hand-to-hand skills.

Attack 1a: Crescendo - A held-note that increases in decibel the longer it is held. Causes the fluid in the ear canals to vibrate, causing the target to loose equilibrium. This attack only lasts (maximum) as long as he has breath to use it (unless he is in an enclosed space where it would echo a bit), and leaves him rather breathless, though the effects from it last beyond the end of the attack (though not permanent) Effects include loss of balance, reduced movement speed, vertigo, and nausea. Again, cannot be used if he is unable to breath deeply/catch his breath for any reason.

Attack 1b: Sforzando - A short scream or shout, going from normal pitch immediately up to max volume. Skipping the gradual building of his Crescendo attack means that there is less time to counter, halt, or dodge the direct path of this attack. The force of the shout actually distorts the air ahead of it, resulting in the enemy or surrounding small objects being knocked over or knocked off balance. As with Crescendo, there is also the possibility of temporary equilibrium problems and nausea resulting from this attack. Though the sound waves would spread out in an arc from his location, the most damage is done directly in front of the attack, with the damage decreasing the further to the periphery of the attack range you get.

Attack #2: Echo of Destruction - Deep breath and let it all out, this attack is a loud prolonged shout. As with loud noises causing avalanches, the vibrations from this attack can cause structural damage to buildings, cracks in the ground, etc. Attack lasts as long as he has breath. He cannot use it in rapid-fire succession, as it requires a very deep breath, and he is rather breathless after using it. Also cannot be used, duh, if he is being strangled, or otherwise unable to catch his breath.

These attacks, unfortunately, leave him rather vulnerable, as to get a proper shout out he must stand still for a moment. Hopefully, however, the attacks would leave his adversary rattled long enough for Quasar to recuperate. They are of course rather ineffective if his opponent lacks auditory receptors or is otherwise protected from noise pollution. For example, when first awakened, Sailor Quasar was faced with a Youma comprised of a cookie dough-like substance, which, aside from separating slightly, was hardly affected by Crescendo at all. If not for backup from Sailor Iris, it is doubtful that the fight would have gone well. As such, while his initial attacks are fine for disabling a foe temporarily, Sailor Quasar must still rely on either hand-to-hand skills, or backup from another Senshi.

Attack range for all skills is to his front in an expanding field, with the narrowest part being the point of origin, and the field getting larger as it moves further away. This skill can affect allies if they are within the field of attack. Standing to the side or slightly behind will result in only mild discomfort, somewhat akin to tinnitus.

Values: Sailor Quasar's values as a Senshi don't differ very much from his day-to-day values. His loyalty shows itself more as protectiveness, and his brash, impulsive nature means he won't hesitate to step in if he feels he should. Though some people might not appreciate the 'help', Sailor Quasar isn't one to just stand on the sidelines while someone else gets pummeled. He believes in honesty, loyalty to your allies, and helping anybody who is in trouble, be they friend or foe. 'Do unto others' and all that jazz.

Student vs Senshi: As Sailor Quasar, Aaron is still an immature jokester, but he's serious in the heat of battle, often using his sarcasm and humor to make light of a tight situation. He'd like to befriend everyone he meets, just as when he is not in Senshi form, but when they've all got mystical powers and different agendas, it's more easily said than done. Some of his shyness disappears when he makes the transition from Aaron to Quasar, though I don't think he'll ever stop blushing at those shorts. But, as he's likely to say, "It takes a real guy to man-up and fight in spandex and bows!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:17 am

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:53 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:58 am

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Calrais

Fluffy Lunatic

19,540 Points
  • Brandisher 100