Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
The Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you like to see more of in this guild?
  Guild-wide events (extravaganzas &c.)
  Contests (art, tektek, poetry, &c.)
  Bumping/chatterbox games & polls
  Roleplays
  Giveaways
  Two or more of the above
View Results

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Hullo dears. Just thought I'd pop in on this thread and check out how everything's going. Also, I put a new poll up; I'm assuming (hoping) that Kahlan doesn't mind. ^-^ It's just to see what our members would like to see here....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:30 am
How about a writing contest? Not a huge novel one, but say a smaller short story one? I know we have talented writers and NaNoWriMos in here. We could pick a theme, like say the lost Dodgson journal pages, give people x amount of time, have a board review it entries and award some kind of prize on top of featuring the story in the guild. Or if prose isn't people tea cup we could do poetry. Or perhaps short shorts, like 1000 words or less?

Irish Stout

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:01 pm
I've always liked the idea, Pooka, and I think our members could turn out some really great short short stories. Unfortunately, writing contests aren't the most popular in Gaia, but if we allowed enough time to enter, maybe we could get some results...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm
How about something like a whole month? That kind of feels like a bit too long a wait personally, but you would be sure to get more entries and be able to give people time between school/jobs and editing time. Though if it's short shorts you don't really need a complex full plot... or a plot at all. It could be a proverbial screen-shot. Perhaps chop off a week? I've forgotten, what is the exact length of a short short anyway? What about three weeks for half to a full 8x11 page? That's got to be enough time. Two weeks for poetry I'd guess. It could be a repetitive event if there was enough interest which could have a feedback form each time so people could say whether they wanted more or less time or pick a theme/format. Or just throw up a poll to test the guild waters before spending more time batting ideas around to see if anyone would commit to or consider entering such an event and how much time they think they could write something in. The time issue honestly worries me because of our diverse age range and background. I know I'm used to twenty page papers in one night but I remember being in secondary school and complaining about two so my perspective is skewed.

Irish Stout

HeartSeeker Sora

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:13 pm
Sounds like a nifty idea....but, not so if you are one of us, who have been on writer's block...User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:47 am
Oh I love the idea of a short story contest; as I want to be an author it would help me practice. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:20 pm
I agree; I think a writing contest of some sort would be really interesting! I know I could probably pump something out in less time then a month, but I'm a fast typist. 3-4 weeks would probably be smart for a time period if this idea goes through.

Plus there are so many options in something like this; it sounds like an extremely flexible sort of thing. *nodnod*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11 pm
What about looking at this more after March 5th and the Tea Party CB RP event? We're sure to get more members with a chance at more entries after that.  

Irish Stout

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm
Yeah I'm still interested in this idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 pm
Oooh... that sounds like a good idea, Pooka. Plus if we have those two events out of the way there'll be more availability to hammer out details about rules and such.  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lagerung

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 am
User Image

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Idk if this was suggested or not but while the link to the Gaiaonline wonderland is still working how about a group gathering. I can do all sorts of things like screeni's and videos. It'll be like a guild social.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 pm
Stayne that's a wonderful Idea, I don't see why we couldn't do that. and if we miss the wonderland world we can do it in towns.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm
Ooh... I think that sounds like a really good idea! *nodnod* It'll be a kinda casual situation for people to get to know one another!  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff