Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Plague Doctor

Back to Guilds

A guild for a dark fantasy B/C thread. 

Reply KEEPER JOURNALS ❧ plague archives
♂ SWORD, Grand Magus Estratus' Infitialis Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Der Pestdoktor
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:44 pm
User Image

CHASTITY (WIND) ❦ DILIGENCE (EARTH)
❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂❂❂
CHARITY (WATER) ❦ PATIENCE (FIRE)
❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂❂❂
HUMILITY (LIGHT) ❦ KINDNESS (SHADOW)
❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂❂❂

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂
LATENCYPOTENCY
❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂❂❂
DRAWBACK
❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂❂❂
ABILITY

GROWTH ❧ Non-linear
SPECIAL ❧ Spreading
Use of his own blood through stabbing himself, thereby stabbing the victim and inflicting them with the Black Death
DRAWBACK
Can only manipulate himself; inability to control his bleeding
MAGICS ❧ 2
Armor manipulation (self), blood manipulation

This journal is for ex o ex Snoof and her Plague, Sloane-- please do not post here without her permission!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:16 pm
User Image

ACCESS APPROVED:

- Any staff member from Plague Doctor.

ACCESS DENIED:

- Anyone else. Access granted only if given
express permission by ex o ex Snoof;
requests welcome.

User Image

RULES:
Obey Guild and all Plague Doctor rules
Obey Gaia TOS
Don't post unless you have clearance
Stay in character, no OOCing
Questions should be PMed to ex o ex Snoof
These rules may change in the future

User Image

CONTENTS

oo. Cert
o1. Laws
o2. Sun Dial
o3. Grand Magus
o4. Records
o5. Plague Knight
o6. Infected
o7. Tainted Sword
o8. Plagueology
o9. North Base
1o. Possessions
11. Stunted Plagues
12. Gallery
13. reserved
14. Credits

User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:28 am
User Image

OUT OF CONTEXT

[11/25/2009] Journal made, fill out begins
[06/29/2011] Sun Dial is reordered, minor updates to post order, journal cleaner
[01/31/2013] Complete overhaul to Sun Dial arrangement and Historical Timeline. No more individual links to RPs or solos will be recorded here because it got way too huge.

HISTORICAL

{1376} – Vanir Estratus forges a formidable sword for his personal use.

{1384} – Sage Estratus born to Vidarr and Coriander Estratus.

{1387} – First memory of Mary Rocque, a friend of the family who would watch Sage on occasion.

{1389} – Fort Estratus visited by Lord Vanir Estratus and family from their home in Maycove. Sage meets her cousins Vana, Keitt, and Signey, uncle Vanir, and aunt Nevana.

{1390} – First use of magic; Sage falls into a meditative state and animates a few of her toys. Coriander pulls Sage from her trance by singing a lullaby. She is too sleepy to concentrate.
{1390} – Mary helps Sage with her magic but it is difficult to tap unless she meditates.

{1392} – Reports of the Black Plague becoming more frequent.

{1394} – Vanir visits Vidarr and Sage overhears her uncle express fear for the country.

{1395} – The Black Plague spreads through Shyregoed.

{1396} – Fort Estratus loses an unfortunate few to the disease but works quickly to contain and quarantine them. Among them is Coriander Estratus.
{1396} – In her grief, Sage successfully taps her abilities without the use of meditation by accidentally starting a fire in her room. Mary helps to put it out.

{1398} – The pestilence reaches Vanir's family, hitting the children first. He isolates Nevana in the hopes she will be safe.
{1398} – Vanir becomes ill. While he still has his strength, Vanir uses his sword to put his children out of their misery.
{1398} – He ends his own suffering the same way. The sword becomes tainted.
{1398} – The sword is moved to Fort Estratus and kept on display, as Vanir crafted it with the intent that it would be the last sword he ever needed.
{1398} – Sage often visits the sword to pay respect to her lost family members.

{1399} – Nevana Estratus takes her own life.
{1399} – The Plague Doctor emerges, alongside the first living Plague and its young keeper.

{1400} – Mary's presence in Sage's life increases greatly. She is taken on as a mentor.

{1401} – Vidarr Estratus stricken with the pestilence. The people of Fort Estratus grow fearful and restless.
{1401} – Public opinion deems Sage, a seventeen year old unmarried girl unfit to properly guide them in these turbulent times.
{1401} – Before Vidarr's passing, he announces that his daughter will indeed be taking his place. Chaos ensues.
{1401} – Their people feel it would be more beneficial to appoint their own leader than follow a floundering teenager. The only way to accomplish this is to take Sage's life.
{1401} – Sage uses Vanir's sword to defend herself. Sloane is born as a Servos. Sage abandons Fort Estratus.
{1401} – Sage and Sloane travel to Freykeep together and try to live normally. She continues studying magic and searching for a mentor.
{1401} – Word travels to Grand Magus Waldgrave of the Estratus family crumbling and that one daughter is still alive. She sends for Sage's retrieval.
{1401} – The Plague and Grimm move to Anica and Sage is taken as Waldgrave's apprentice.

{1403} – Sage achieves Seer rank. Sent to Mishkan with Sloane for an audience with the Plague Doctor.

{1404} – Diefendorf hanged.
{1404} – Immigration closed.
{1404} – Lady Waldgrave begins a secret pact.

{1406} – Sage taken on as the Fellowship's Adviser.
{1406} – She and Sloane make a pilgrimage to Fort Estratus in the hopes she would now be ready to lead them. Her home is a husk of what it once was.
{1406} – Sage is threatened for having returned and further endangering them with her Plague. She is told to leave or die.
{1406} – Sloane becomes an Infitialis, killing many who threatened his Grimm and scaring the rest of the population away.
{1406} – Fort Estratus is abandoned. Sage closes herself off emotionally.

{1407} – Sage and Sloane reassigned to the Northern Bases.

{1409} – The Fellowship of Mages forms an alliance with the Council of Sciences.
{1409} – Fifth anniversary of Diefendorf's death. Still no cure.
{1409} – Mishkan closes its borders.

{1410} – Shyregoedian Princes die of the Black Death.
{1410} – Locos killed in public ritual.
{1410} – Emperor forces Mishkan to reopen its borders.

{1411} – Lady Waldgrave killed by Queen Valhalla of Shyregoed. Sage Estratus chosen as the new Grand Magus.

User Image

It's all down hill from here...

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:34 am
User Image

User ImageFull Name: Sage Estratus
Aliases: Grand Magus, Lady Estratus, Shield (with Sloane they are the Fellowship's "Sword and Shield")
Birthdate: November 11th, 1384
Species: Human

Nationality: Shyregoedian, Panymese
Alliance: The Fellowship of Mages
Relationship Status: Uninvolved
Marital Status: Unwed
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Sins: Pride, Envy, Wrath
Virtues: Chastity, Diligence, Temperance
Flaws:
Merits:
Personality: a personality will go here one day..........

View on Plagues: For one so high in a faction which prides itself on traditionalist values, one might say Lady Estratus' opinion of the Plague creature is radical. Because of this, it is not one she discusses often or at great length, but she will defend her stance if questioned. In years past, her opinion was the very same as the rest of the Fellowship; if a Plague could be good, then surely it must be the Servos who are deserving of attention. For some time this was held to an extreme and Lady Estratus felt great disgust and resentment bordering on hatred for the Servos she raised that twisted himself into a wretched disease spreader. Even while she considered Sloane a friend while he was a Servos, it was difficult to remove herself from the mindset of many nobles -- that excitos were harmless pets. This view shifted radically when her own grew to human size and became as dangerous as the weapon he was born from. During her tenure as the Fellowship Adviser, Lady Estratus met many Grimms with many Plagues, all different in thoughts and morals. It took a great deal of time to mold her current views and, certainly, they are still changing as humans become more familiar with them and Plagues learn more about themselves. Her opinion is that, while Plagues are certainly not humans by all accounts, and treating them as such could be insulting to both sides, they are in fact people and this is true from the moment they cease to be putesco. Alignment still breeds bias and prejudices for her, as those who lean toward chaos are difficult to control, but to Sage each Plague must be judged as an individual. Though she acknolwedges Plagues have no place in politics, she prefers to think of this as being due to their race being so young despite how quickly they learn and adapt. Just as well, Sage knows how capable Plagues are and admires the Council for their tolerance of them. It is something she hopes to slowly introduce to the Fellowship but to many mages this is a frightening prospect.

Skills: get dat magic s**t coherent, son
forehead aperture (third eye), dream s**t, meditation, divination, minor telekinesis/animation of inanimate objects, minor empathy through skin contact, extremely minor telepathy (EXTREME HEADACHES WHEN USED, can only be used with people she established and forms a connection with over a matter of years -- cannot read, alter, or implant thoughts, merely speak)
still has all her staffs (like 3-4 of them) but just uses her hands mostly
offensive fire magic, offensive/defensive wind magic (minor ice efficiency due to wind affecting temperatures but this is extremely limited)

Height: 5'8" normally, 5'9" with boots
Weight: 152lbs
Physical Appearance: The New Grand Magus carries herself proudly, but does not hold her chin too high. Her posture is proper and she is well practiced in showing no emotion upon her face. Some rumor she no longer has any. She is well versed in the manners and etiquette of nobility as well as politics and her body language is as stony as her expression. Sage has lived in the Northern mountains all her life, and her pale complexion is evidence of this. It is rare the Lady goes outdoors for more than a few moments, more out of necessity than choice as of late, and is often restricted to Anica's numerous halls. Her skin is well cared for, showing little blemish, but it is dry due to the low temperatures of her home which allows it to easily chap or crack. Long black hair frames her features and is kept no lower than her mid back, which she sometimes draws into a tie or bun for less formal occasions. With her otherwise pale and colorless features, Lady Estratus' vibrant amber eyes are no doubt her most distinguishing feature -- a trait she inherited from her mother. The sole heir and daughter of a smithing family, it is no surprise that Lady Estratus is physically capable but the extent of her muscle tone is often hidden beneath large sleeves and many layers. In the last few years, her role as a politician has increased and time to spend keeping up her strength is sparse. Though it is typically hidden beneath gloves, there is a subtle burn upon the palm of her right hand from an accident at the North Base in 1410.
Clothing: Born into the Fellowship, Sage once donned the vibrant fabrics and fineries expected of not only a mage but of nobility. This held true until 1406 where she entered a perpetual state of mourning in her clothes and wore only black and white. For some years, Lady Estratus has walked a thin line between feminine and masculine attire. During her time as the Fellowship Adviser, she was predisposed toward the masculine side and rarely employed the use of robes or traditional mage garb due in part to personal comfort but also in the hopes of being taken more seriously. Reactions were mixed to negative. As the Grand Magus, she has taken a much more traditional stance in her wardrobe and can most often be found in a white furlined top with a sweeping skirt, elegant sleeves, and lace trim. Beneath this, slacks are still used. While it is decidedly more ornate and fitting for her new position, the continued lack of color is a point of contention among mages. Many feel she is demeaning or abusing the privilege given to those who wear no color when grieving while others might say it undermines her status as the Grand Magus to not wear vibrant colors. Lady Estratus also has a traveling outfit which consists solely of a brown palette and the skirt has a matching tabard with the Fellowship's insignia.
Accessories: Regardless of outfit, there is one item Lady Estratus is rarely seen without and that is her circlet. It is made from silver and employs a simple swirling pattern just upon her brow. A single teardrop shaped gem dangles from it which, in the past, was once black but now shines the same bright amber as her eyes.

Family:
Lord Vidarr Estratus - Seer - Father
Lady Coriander Estratus - Augur - Mother

Lord Vanir Estratus - Seer - Uncle
Lady Nevana Estratus - Mage - Aunt
Miss Signey Estratus - Mage - Cousin
Master Keitt Estratus - Augur - Cousin
Miss Vana Estratus - Augur - Cousin

(note; there is room for other relatives if anyone would like to play them)

Miss Mary Rocque - Seer - Family Friend

History: Full write up to come, look to the timeline until then

Dialog: Size 11 Orange

User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:38 am
User Image

❂❂❂❂❂ indifferent
❂❂❂❂ acquaintance | ❂❂❂❂❂ friend | ❂❂❂❂❂ good friend | ❂❂❂❂ best friend | ❂❂❂❂❂ love interest
❂❂❂❂ disinterested | ❂❂❂❂❂ dislikes | ❂❂❂❂❂ hates | ❂❂❂❂ loathes | ❂❂❂❂❂ enemy

User Image

HUMANS

Lady Waldgrave of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"She is like a mother to me.
I will forever be in her debt and hope to serve her well."

❂❂❂❂❂
"You were an enemy all along.
The sting of your betrayal shall not easily pass."

Georgie Malt of the Plague Doctor
❂❂❂❂
"He works closely with the Plague Doctor -- how mysterious!"
❂❂❂❂
"What has become of him? Georgie... He was so sickly..."

Beatrix Amaranthe of the Council
❂❂❂❂❂
"She is my body double for now, as we are physically similar.
Sloane tells me she keeps a Servos but I have seen nothing."

❂❂❂❂❂
"I hope we are not so similar as to make the same mistakes."

Jin-ho Kyon of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"May be able to succeed where I have failed.
I must keep a watchful eye over him."

❂❂❂❂
"His situation pains me but I will not let it shake my resolve.
He brought it upon himself."

Theodore Lucas of the Panyma Clergy and Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"A clergyman with more desire than the churches can fulfill."
❂❂❂❂
"I hear he is making headway in his apothecary studies."

Chauhn Clemmings of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"Is serving as Lord Yizhaq's young page. He is in good hands."
❂❂❂❂❂
"Killing excitos in my castle will not be easily forgiven."

Elsie Crane of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"She came to us, frail and nearly frozen.
I sensed something dark in her mind..."

❂❂❂❂❂
"I have little doubt Ms. Crane and her Plague are lost to us."

Lord Yizhaq bin Saleh of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"I met him when we were both younger.
There are secrets to be kept."

❂❂❂❂
"Lord Yizhaq is caring well for his Plague and proving to be a trustworthy Seer."

Danylrein Galdenin of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"An unfortunate affliction of the aperture for one so steeped in magic."
❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Felicity Wickes of the House
❂❂❂❂❂
"A thoroughly unremarkable woman."
❂❂❂❂❂
"She shall not set foot in any house of the Fellowship again."

Maiya Enslin (to be) of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"She contacted the Fellowship with concerns for her magic and status as a Grimm.
I assisted as best I could in our current political climate."

❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Audrey Hatch of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"Ms. Hatch is brash and has a quick tongue.
I doubt she will squander our hospitality when she seems so eager to earn her keep."

❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Wickwright Finch of the Council
❂❂❂❂❂
"I am not sure whether he was enthused by our meeting or my attire.
The man alone did little to impress upon me but I am grateful the Council sought our facts."

❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

General Diedthelm Kunze of the Guard
❂❂❂❂❂
First impression
❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Doctor Amory Kempe of the Council
❂❂❂❂❂
First impression
❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Darius Goodfellow (to be) of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
First impression
❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Mary Rocque of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
First impression
❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

User Image

PLAGUES

Sloane, Plague Knight of the Sword
❂❂❂❂
"My swift, tiny protector. I was blessed to have you be so pure."
❂❂❂❂❂
"Where once there was failure I feel... renewed.
He is still my steadfast knight."

Lady Sanguine of Virgin's Blood
❂❂❂❂❂
"A ghostly Infitialis. My Grand Magus fears you..."
❂❂❂❂
"Were we both betrayed?
In these times, I must look to all potential allies."

Adal Malt of the Hat
❂❂❂❂
"He seemed so shy and confused."
❂❂❂❂
"I have not seen him for years but surely he was with his Grimm in Helios."

Blaithe of the Paintbrush
❂❂❂❂❂
"I would be remiss to deny the brush had a hand in his hiring."
❂❂❂❂
"I hardly saw her while she was under Sloane's care.
There was a certain lightness in his step then."

Ophelia of the Ring
❂❂❂❂❂
"Sloane detected the ring immediately.
It was in Mr. Lucas' best interest to bring it under Fellowship protection."

❂❂❂❂❂
"I have not had a chance to meet the living ring.
Sloane tells me she is a Caedos. Unfortunate."

Clurie Clemmings of the Ashes
❂❂❂❂❂
"Loud Phasmas with little regard for etiquette or prudence."
❂❂❂❂❂
"I cannot know what the boy's Plague endured.
I am relieved to hear of his survival."

Noel of the Coffee
❂❂❂❂❂
"I saw the Phasmas in passing.
I am merely aware of his existence."

❂❂❂❂❂
"Several years have passed.
I fear the worst."

Lady Hayat of the Gryfalcon
❂❂❂❂❂
"An intelligent bird, a living Putesco."
❂❂❂❂
"Lady Hayat is as intelligent and calculating as she is loyal.
She will do well by the Fellowship."

Claudia of the White Rose
❂❂❂❂❂
"Yet another Caedos I have had little interaction with."
❂❂❂❂❂
"An Obscuvan Plague traipsing around my castle.
It is a boon to be rid of her but the damage is done."

Peder of the Wolf Tail
❂❂❂❂❂
"A scampering mass of fur and taint.
Let us hope you are well treated."

❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Hopkin Finch of the Illuminated Book
❂❂❂❂❂
"This Phasmas does remarkable work."
❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

General Treatise of the Shield
❂❂❂❂❂
First impression
❂❂❂❂
"I feel our missions are the same."

Cyril Daggerfeld of the Dagger
❂❂❂❂❂
First impression
❂❂❂❂❂
Current opinion

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:39 am
User Image

User Image

Full Name: Sloane
Aliases: Sir Sloane, Estratus' Sword, the Fellowship's Sword, Plague Knight
Age: Thirteen by human standards; physically closer to early thirties
Birthdate: August 24th, 1401
Species: Plague -- iii. anhelo, infitialis

Nationality: Shyregoedian
Alliance: The Fellowship of Mages
Occupation: Lady Estratus' personal knight, Fellowship Military Adviser, Commands soldiers at Anica and the North Base
Relationship Status: Officially uninvolved; uncertain
Marital Status: Unwed
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 6'8"
Weight: 279lbs
Physical Appearance: Tall, muscular, and wide, Sloane is well built for a warrior and is much better suited for a battlefield than Fellowship politics. A mouth lined with sharp pointed teeth would certainly intimidate anyone and you can bet they aren't just for show. Just from looking, it is frighteningly clear that this Plague's entire body is a weapon. To keep his body strong, he must train daily like any other warrior, but he is much less prone to fatigue than humans, allowing him to train harder and longer than others. His muscles are all hidden beneath his armor, but it is obvious how much strength he holds. Pale and unblemished, the unnatural skin of the Plagues is near perfection. Unlike his Grimm, Sloane spends a great deal of time outside. However, because his face and neck are exposed more often than the rest of his body, while his arms and chest get more light than his lower half, it is unevenly toned. Due to his physicality, his skin seems extremely weak at times, as it bleeds at the slightest provocation and sometimes with no provocation at all. On the other hand, it often heals smoothly and with minimal scarring. Sloane's hair is a short and choppy mop of red that curtains across his brow, mostly hides his ears, and sometimes gets in his eyes. Like all anhelo, he has swirled pupils and both are a vibrant red with a subtle glow. While most Infitialis have black sclera, it is Sloane's time as a Servos which sets him apart and his right eye bears white sclera instead. Perhaps this also allowed him to be free of another Infitialis quirk, as beneath his armor Sloane's hands and fingers appear indestinguishable from a human's.
Clothing: Steel armor, accented by silver trim and the occasional blood colored gem, covers Sloane's entire body most frequently from neck to toe. It is one of his abilities that allows him to manipulate this suit of armor at will and no other, as it is the armor he was reborn with as an Infitialis. Covering the front and back of his waist, ending between his knees, is an ornate white loin cloth accented with red. Like everything else on him, the cloth tapers off into sharp points, one in the front and two in the back. His arms are accented by chainmail, and indeed some is worn elsewhere beneath his armor. Upon each finger and thumb are short steel claws which he easily retracts when they are unnecessary. Under his armor, Sloane often wears a simple white short tunic, simple brown slacks, and minor padding to make the armor more comfortable. Sloane's more casual outfits generally follow the white shirt, brown slacks, work boots motif and he always keeps his sleeves rolled up to his elbows so they're out of the way as he isn't used to flowing fabric. It isn't unusual to catch the Plague merely dressed in the latter as he is quite comfortable without a shirt and most often performs his training and exercise without one.
Accessories: When not prepared for battle or being casual, Sloane alters the shape of his armor into three simple forms; two tight silver bracelets and a torc with a single red jewel at the center. In situations requiring for head protection or a less conspicuous appearance, he conjures a matching helm that is relatively blank but branded with the emblem of the Fellowship on its brow in red. The front has a movable faceplate with slats so that he may breathe and see but none of his face is visible.

Sins: Wrath, Envy, Lust
Virtues: Humility, Patience, Charity
Flaws: Easily loses control, ...
Merits: Loyal, Passionate, High tolerance for pain
Personality:

View on Humans: Humans are devastatingly important to Plagues which is something Sloane both knows and wholeheartedly embraces. ...

Skills: spreading (blood), armor manipulation (self), blood manipulation (all), drawback

Family:
Lady Sage Estratus - Grand Magus - Grimm

Lord Vanir Estratus - Seer - Father (by item and putesco creation)
Treatise Kunze - Plague General - Sister (her shield was made by the Estratus family)

History: Full write up to come, look to the timeline until then

Dialog: Size 11 Fire Brick

User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:40 am
User Image

❂❂❂❂❂ indifferent
❂❂❂❂ acquaintance | ❂❂❂❂❂ friend | ❂❂❂❂❂ good friend | ❂❂❂❂ best friend | ❂❂❂❂❂ love interest
❂❂❂❂ disinterested | ❂❂❂❂❂ dislikes | ❂❂❂❂❂ hates | ❂❂❂❂ loathes | ❂❂❂❂❂ enemy

User Image

PLAGUES

Lady Sanguine of Virgin's Blood
❂❂❂❂❂
"An intoxicating scent lingering in the Grand Magus' halls."
❂❂❂❂
"I savor your Grimm's death, and yet it pains me to see you in anguish from it.
I wish to help you."

Adal Malt of the Hat
❂❂❂❂
"I do not appreciate being called a liar for another's misunderstanding, but indeed we are fellows!"
❂❂❂❂❂
"You insult me, pour salt in my wounds, would push me down should I not tower over you.
And yet -- you are still my oldest friend."

Cassandra of the Candy
❂❂❂❂❂
"I wish only to release you from the prison your Grimm forces upon you."
❂❂❂❂
"There is little I can understand about you or your Grimm.
If you prefer to envision your cage as one of safety then so be it."

Blaithe of the Paintbrush
❂❂❂❂
"I believe you found your way into the wrong hands.
At least it allowed you to find your way to me."

❂❂❂❂
"Sweet Blaithe... If only there was more I could do for you -- and your Grimm."

Lady Ophelia of the Ring
❂❂❂❂❂
"A peculiar ring indeed."
❂❂❂❂
"I trust you are in good hands, but I would like to see more of you."

Claudia of the White Rose
❂❂❂❂
"Fair Claudia was kind.
She seemed pleased with the festivities and eager to speak with me."

❂❂❂❂❂
"I take no pleasure in felling those so small.
For this vile wretch I will make an exception."

Clurie Clemmings of the Ashes
❂❂❂❂❂
"Ashes of the boy's younger brother.
Already you have brought him ill fortune."

❂❂❂❂
"I wish only that you are safe."

Lady Hayat of the Gryfalcon
❂❂❂❂
"A fully mobile Putesco capable of thought.
Is it truly alive? Fascinating."

❂❂❂❂
"Hayat is noble and fierce. I have faith in her."

Miss Nella of the Lantern
❂❂❂❂
"So selfless, so in tuned with her Grimm.
I envy and pity her..."

❂❂❂❂
Sloane's current opinion.

Hopkin Finch of the Illuminated Book
❂❂❂❂
"Cautious and intelligent, with many questions.
It would be nice to acquaint Lady Sanguine with one such as him."

❂❂❂❂

General Treatise of the Shield
❂❂❂❂❂
Sloane's first impression.
❂❂❂❂
"I would serve alongside the Plague General dutifully."

Cyril Daggerfeld of the Dagger
❂❂❂❂❂
❂❂❂❂❂

User Image

HUMANS

Grand Magus Sage Estratus of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"Milady, my life, my soul, whom I must protect!"
❂❂❂❂❂
"Obsessed as I was... things feel lighter now.
Perhaps... amicable?"

Lady Waldgrave of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"Grand Magus Waldgrave takes good care of milady and I."
❂❂❂❂❂
"The joy her death brought me knows no bounds."

Georgie Malt of the Plague Doctor
❂❂❂❂
"He is small and clumsy, even with his words."
❂❂❂❂
"Years later and he looks no different.
His words carry an eerie weight.
I fear he is correct about the emperor."

Miss Beatrix Amaranthe of the Council
❂❂❂❂
"I hired her to be my Lady's body double.
She is a Grimm, detests Plagues, and keeps her Servos locked away."

❂❂❂❂❂
"The woman confounds me.
There is a dark feeling tugging at the back of my mind.
It is a relief to be free of her..."

Jin-ho Kyon of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"A naive individual.
He did not know the brush was tainted till I told him.
And the way he eyes her..."

❂❂❂❂❂
"I know not whether you act selfishly or have merely withdrawn.
Whatever the case, I do not appreciate it."

Theodore Lucas of the Panyma Clergy and Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"Gave us food and shelter.
Very interested in his ring.
The man could make a fine Grimm."

❂❂❂❂
"Last I saw him, Mr. Lucas was taking up Apothecary."

Miss Felicity Wickes of the House
❂❂❂❂
"She was quiet but seemed kind.
I hope I did not frighten her."

❂❂❂❂
"If I see her or that wretched flower again, I will kill them."

Chauhn Clemmings of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"A dear Grimm rescued from smugglers.
I've never seen one so young!"

❂❂❂❂
"We were all blind to your suffering.
I wish to help... but I cannot approach you."

Elsie Crane of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"Poor woman."
❂❂❂❂
"I have lost track of Dear Elsie.
I wonder of her safety."

Aysel Vartanian of the Council
❂❂❂❂
"Her age reminds me of a younger time for my lady.
She is ever curious and cares for a deceased rabbit."

❂❂❂❂
"I worry for her and others we've lost track of..."

Lord Yizhaq bin Saleh of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
"Stiff, haughty, and egotistical.
I dislike the feelings he brings to a room."

❂❂❂❂
"I cannot deny all he has done for my lady and his Plague.
Perhaps my judgments were misplaced."

Danylrein Galdenin of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂
"A brave young man.
He bears great burden on one shoulder and a fiery blessing upon the other."

❂❂❂❂❂
Sloane's current feelings

Wickwright Finch of the Council
❂❂❂❂❂
"Mr. Finch really shouldn't have laughed at my lady.
Though... I don't think she was bothered by it in the long run..."

❂❂❂❂❂
Current feelings

Diedthelm Kunze of the Guard
❂❂❂❂❂
❂❂❂❂❂
"..."

Darius Goodfellow (to be) of the Fellowship
❂❂❂❂❂
❂❂❂❂❂

User Image

INFECTED INDIVIDUALS

Only one thus far, which lead to the discovery of Sloane's very blood as holding the contagion. It occurred shortly after his growth and was accidental due to his spontaneous bleeding. At the time it did not bother him and in years since he has done well to keep his blood away from others. For all the death this Infitialis has caused, it is assured to be from his blades.

"I admit my envy for the Locos; it is certainty that my lady would care more for me should I have stayed on the straight and narrow. Without the ability to heal, she feels she has failed not only as a Grimm, but as a mage. Am I truly a worthless monster?"
-- Sloane, 1409

"I understand now. I am this way so I might be better suited in defending my Grimm, the Fellowship, and my country. This is how I will live -- and how I will die."
-- Sloane, 1413

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:41 am
User Image

User Image

"description of putesco"

User Image

information about vanir estratus, the forging of the blade, its composition, what lead to its plaguing and its treatment thereafter

User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:45 am
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Scrawled upon the yellowed pages of an old tattered journal lies the print of one Sage Estratus, who signed her notes as thus.

"Peculiarly tiny folk.
A Servos, he said, for the ones that are pale.
In that case I have seen two Servos now, counting the one in the Plague Doctor's care.
Or rather, the care of the boy who works for him.

There were others he described, plagues cloaked in shadow and others that were bizarre. "Miscellaneous."
I have not seen any of them but the dark ones would seem most common if it's true they spring from the disease.

I recall that Sloane -- no, the sword that bore him -- melted into black goop and Sloane rose from it.
How did he become so bright and shining when the liquid that formed him was dark as pitch?"
xxxxxxxxxx -- 1403

"A servos becomes a monster.

Even plagues said to be pure and virtuous may be tainted by this world.
I have failed him and he has failed me."
xxxxxxxxxx -- 1406

"I had not noticed before. I chose not to.
It was such a gradual change I could easily put it out of my mind.

At first I thought I was going mad.

Know this; plagues are flawed creatures and to err is human.
Our failure was only temporary."
xxxxxxxxxx -- 1411

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:47 am
User Image

FORT ESTRATUS

Located at the lower edge of the Everweld forest between Anica and Winterview lies a large but humble castle known as Fort Estratus. Built in the early 12th century, estimated around 1109, this stronghold has endured the test of time and served as a beacon to many in Shyregoed who benefited from the sweat of their brow rather than the gold lining their pocket. First lead by Lord Sorrel Estratus, its environment was always one of discipline and self improvement. It served as a halfway point between members of the Fellowship and the common folk, often the only thing separating the two within Fort Estratus' walls being the use of magic. Alchemists and herbalists were extremely common and most of the castle's income was made as a well known trading hub, especially for its metal works. Armor and weapons were not only what Fort Estratus was known for, but blacksmithing has been the cornerstone of the Estratus family for generations. Those able to manipulate plants and temperature were a highly sought after commodity and, thanks to their efforts, Fort Estratus had a few of its own small green houses in the frozen tundra. Its entire population was built up from Seers, Mages, Augurs, non-Fellowship nobles, and common peasantry – all Shyregoed natives. Religious practices were kept strictly Panymesian and the castle had its own small chapel for such purposes. It was a mostly self sustained community that associated little with other settlements outside of Anica, Maycove, and Freykeep, the latter of which they did extensive trading with. It wasn't unusual for noble families to contact Fort Estratus in the commissioning of weapons and armor, which lead to the creation of the Imperial Guard's own General Treatise' shield.

Though at large it was quite sympathetic to females, allowing them more graces than other areas such as performing the art of blacksmithing and the study of sword play, it was still a male dominated society and the nobility was no different. Since its creation, Fort Estratus had only ever seen a male ruler of Estratus lineage and, because of this, each generation had an exceptional number of children during their rein. This began to slow somewhat during the 1300s when two brothers, Vidarr and Vanir Estratus were born. As Vidarr was the oldest, he gained effective control and was the next heir. Rather than squabble, Vanir left Fort Estratus to his brother and moved on to Maycove to build up his own estate, which later became a well equipped military outpost with his assistance. While Vanir's family took off rather quickly, Vidarr was met with some difficulty both in choosing his bride and producing a suitable heir. In his first marriage, one of convenience, the child was lost and his wife was lost to consumption. A few years later he was wed to Lady Coriander Leer, whose family moved from Eve to Fort Estratus a generation back. Though she was not initially a member of the Fellowship and had no practice with magic, she became an Augur through their marriage. In late 1383, Lady Coriander finally became pregnant and in 1384 they gave birth to a healthy daughter.

In 1398, Vanir and his children were afflicted with the pestilence but their lives had been taken mercifully with the steel of his own sword. Naught but four years later was Vidarr stricken. The people of Fort Estratus were terrified, confused, and in a panic. Riots ensued with no suitable heir other than an unmarried teenage girl. Since 1406, Fort Estratus has stood lonely and abandoned in partial ruin following a massacre from Sage Estratus' own Plague. The circumstances surrounding it are mysterious but rumors spread quickly and the influence the Estratus family has had upon Shyregoed will not soon be forgotten.

User Image

NORTHERN BASES

An old and large series of castles once used as military outposts that retains their old name. The main building, typically referred to as the singular North Base, is located far in the mountains at the most Northern point of Shyregoed below its only port, Stillcrest. The Northern Bases once had a counter part, the Southern Bases, which served to protect Shyregoed's borders and its capitol city of Colwe, but those castles have since been re-purposed or torn down. The Northern and Southern Bases original function was as a series of defenses between the mountains. Each was equipped to fend of attackers, both through magical and military means, as well as had a communications system between themselves and the most important provinces of Shyregoed, Anica and Colwe. Especially for those attempting to invade from the North, if any were to get past their heavily fortified guard then Shyregoed's weather would surely kill them.

In more recent years, the Northern Bases had been assigned under Adviser Sage Estratus' jurisdiction. They were kept in close ties of communication with Anica and Colwe, but for the most part served as home to Fellowship and Shyregoedian citizenry with the added protection of lingering military forces. Though its exterior could be considered intimidating and the bases are decidedly difficult to travel between, their interiors are warm and welcoming. While Lady Estratus served as Adviser here, it was unusual for people to be turned away and many were taken under the protection of the North Base with food and shelter. It was especially high in Grimm activity for a time, and many of its members were Plague sympathizers. Since Grand Magus Waldgrave's death and Lady Estratus' movement to Anica to take up the role, the Nothern Bases have been quiet. Many linger here for they have nowhere else to go, but until the Fellowship gains a new Adviser or high ranking members take it under their wing once more, it is unlikely the bases will see much activity in the future.

User Image

ANICA, the FROZEN FORTRESS

With centuries of conquer and command in their long history, the mages have found their home to be that in the Northern region; nearly all of their fortresses, buildings, and castles have been taken under the wing of the Fellowship for their own benefactor, either through battle or simple finding. With an iron grip over Shyregoed, the mages enjoy a large array of buildings of which are secured by their own members. Located in the midst of the harsh, frigid weather, all of their castles don thick walls of securely placed stone, however cold and meager in appearance as they may be in their exterior. Once one gets through the rough walls of the Fellowship castles, they will find an interior brightly lit with warm candlelight, extravagantly decorated with rich purple banners, gold and silver trim, as well as artifacts from numerous cultures of centuries past.

The Fellowship's main castle is located within the center of Shyregoed, isolated from any of the cities around the cold region and surrounded by thick forests. While secure with heavy stone and decorated with fancy artifacts as always, the base attracts a high concentration of ice and thick barriers of snow, making it a difficult headquarters to find. During conflicts, blizzards in the surrounding area are common, raised by Anican mages to further protect their sanctuary.

. . .

User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 am
User Image

SAGE'S BELONGINGS

- A black leather bound journal with tattered yellowed pages and an injured spine.
xxxxxPlagueology Journal. A gift from the Plague Doctor.

- Locked away from prying eyes, a single plain white cultist mask made of porcelain is waiting for a purpose.
xxxxxThis was retrieved as a mission requirement by Audrey Hatch.

- A bundle of heavy, inky black feathers tied with crude string. It is accompanied by a note with red ribbon.
xxxxxGiven by a mysterious dove. When ingested, the feathers can give symptoms of the plague or turn Plagues human.

User Image

SLOANE'S KEEPSAKES

text only
idk does the doll house count he actually doesn't own much

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:43 pm
User Image

User Image

xxxxxLAVELLE xxxxx GRIMAUD xxxxx CHAVELLE

User Image

xxxxxDRACONA xxxxx NIKOLAS xxxxx EBENEZER

User Image

xxxxxKING CORNELIUS
xxxxxQUEEN CORNELIA
xxxxxBISHOP CADENCECILIA
xxxxxKNIGHT CONSTANTINECHANDRA
xxxxxROOK COURTNEYCAOIMHE
xxxxxPAWN COTTONCAIUSCADRIANCALDERCALHOUNCARNCAMPBELLCASPER

User Image User Image User Image

xxxxxLUMA xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LADY SOLSTICE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LADY THESSALY

User Image User Image User Image User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LADY PYRINAE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PERSICA xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PRUNUS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ORCHARD

User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

Snoofington
Vice Captain

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 pm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:20 pm
User Image

Snoofington
Vice Captain