Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Gen4 - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
The evolve stones: Which Pokemon needs them

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:36 pm
The only one I can ever remember is that in order to get Richu I use a thuderstone on Pikachu. All other stones I'm a little lost on and yeah I google them but I get a whole gang of Pokemon and it's usually get it when I don't have my game with me. So I can't get the name with the image.

Currently thanks to the underground and randomly using the item search:

I have 10 fire stones, 3 sun stones, 13 thuderstones, 2 dawn stones, 3 leaf stones, 3 water stones, and 1 oval stone.

So which Pokemon can I use those stones on or should I use them in trading?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 pm
Wow, you should be almost set with all those! XD Here's the list:

Fire Stone

Growlithe -> Arcanine
Eevee -> Flareon
Vulpix -> Ninetails

Sun Stone

Gloom -> Bellossom
Sunkern -> Sunflora

Moon Stone

Clefairy -> Clefable
Skitty -> Delcatty
Nidorino -> Nidoking
Nidorina -> Nidoqueen
Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff

Water Stone

Shellder -> Cloyster
Lombre -> Ludicolo
Poliwhirl -> Poliwrath
Staryu -> Starmie
Eevee -> Vaporeon

Leaf Stone

Exeggcute -> Exeggutor
Nuzleaf -> Shiftry
Weepinbell -> Victreebel
Gloom -> Vileplume

Dawn Stone

Snorunt (Female) -> Froslass
Kirlia (Male) -> Gallade

Thunder Stone

Eevee -> Jolteon
Pikachu -> Raichu

Shiny Stone

Roselia -> Roserade
Togetic -> Togepi

Dusk Stone

Misdreavus -> Mismagius
Murkrow -> Honchkrow

The Oval Stone works a little differently. Give it to Happiny and level it up between 4 AM and 8 PM and it will evolve into Chansey.  

dklepto
Captain

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:17 pm
You work better Google. wink Thanks a bunch. I better find some Dusk Stone though my Murky is getting pretty high up. It's already at level 42. (I think)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:44 pm
Thanks! XD I remember most of this stuff having played through the game so many times, but I do have a guidebook that's helpful when I forget!

You should be able to find two Dusk Stones in the course of the game. I'll look up their locations and get back to you!  

dklepto
Captain

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:53 pm
Okay, I don't know the *exact* locations of the Dusk Stones, but there's one in the Galactic Warehouse in Veilstone City (it's the little room off to the left that leads underground) and one on Victory Road. They're in Pokeballs, so if you've been diligent about grabbing every one you see, you should double-check your bag and make sure you don't have them. If you still don't see them, you may want to go back and take a closer look!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:16 pm
dklepto
Okay, I don't know the *exact* locations of the Dusk Stones, but there's one in the Galactic Warehouse in Veilstone City (it's the little room off to the left that leads underground) and one on Victory Road. They're in Pokeballs, so if you've been diligent about grabbing every one you see, you should double-check your bag and make sure you don't have them. If you still don't see them, you may want to go back and take a closer look!

Thanks. I'll try that maybe before going up against stupid Heatran again! Ugh! I have never had so much trouble catching a Pokemon. (Besides Ho-Oh)  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:13 am
The hardest catch for me (aside from the annoying roaming pokemon) was Registeel in Ruby. I spent HOURS in that ONE BATTLE trying to get him in that pokeball! xd I knocked his HP all the way down to 1 and then tried to lower his defense as much as possible. Paralysis and Sleep didn't seem to help. So by the time I *FINALLY* caught him, he had already used up all his PP and was just thrashing about, and almost all of my pokemon had fainted. It was a hard-fought catch, but well worth it. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:10 am
Actually, there may , not sure but may be one catch:
Oval Stone does work on Happiny yes, and only in daytime, but be sure to max it's happiness to be safe, i'm not entirely sure buty a source i read a while back mentioned the happiness iof happiny might be a factor

also, the Heatran fight is easy if you have, say a DS LITE, emerald, or any of the other games, like fire red or leaf green, get the master ball form there, put it on a PC pokemon, import, into the pal park catch those pokemon, adding to your dex and remove the item and proceed from there

or, in your case Dark, ask for a Master ball obtained this way in a wi-fi trade if you can go worldwide

heck i have about 30 master balls i can spare, so...i can trade you two good pokemon for literaly whatever you dont want, as i hunt for id numbers for the in-game lotto, and then you can catach mesprit/cresselia or Heartan etc...just tell me how many legend you need and i'll scrounge up the balls  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:15 am
Aww Heck
or, in your case Dark, ask for a Master ball obtained this way in a wi-fi trade if you can go worldwide

heck i have about 30 master balls i can spare, so...i can trade you two good pokemon for literaly whatever you dont want, as i hunt for id numbers for the in-game lotto, and then you can catach mesprit/cresselia or Heartan etc...just tell me how many legend you need and i'll scrounge up the balls

Yeah I have the silly old Dsi crying I still love it though. How could I ask for trades via GTS?

WOW really 30 master balls!

I can trade you my extra Graveler or some of my recently hatch Pokemon. I have 4 Ponytas, 2 gastly, 2 Roselia, and 4 Cherubi. I Pichu as well and a lot of Unown as well. 3nodding

Let me know okay. Oh I'll probably be playing after I leave Gaia. So like in 20 mins or so. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:27 am
Miss-dark8607
Aww Heck

Yeah I have the silly old Dsi crying I still love it though. How could I ask for trades via GTS?

I can trade you my extra Graveler or some of my recently hatch Pokemon. I have 4 Ponytas, 2 gastly, 2 Roselia, and 4 Cherubi. I Pichu as well and a lot of Unown as well. 3nodding

Let me know okay. Oh I'll probably be playing after I leave Gaia. So like in 20 mins or so. 3nodding

A cherubui would be fine, in fact one of the ones i want

however, i cant wifi today, but sunday, and plus it's too short-notice so how's sunday about 12 pm central usa time?  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:28 pm
Aww Heck
Miss-dark8607
Aww Heck

A cherubui would be fine, in fact one of the ones i want

however, i cant wifi today, but sunday, and plus it's too short-notice so how's sunday about 12 pm central usa time?

Oh okay! I'll give you quite a few Cherubuis since yeah I was rather lazy this time around and didn't take the time to raise my female cherubi like I should have. sweatdrop It's so weak. Oh well I been raising 1 of the many babies it had...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 am
Oh that is what I needed! I've been wondering about that for awhile.....*goes for an oval stone*  

Gielwich

Lonely Phantom

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:48 pm
keishi_rin
Oh that is what I needed! I've been wondering about that for awhile.....*goes for an oval stone*

Yeah it's a little confusing when certain Pokemon don't evolve after a while. I didn't even know about Murkrow. I just thought it stayed that away until I went through V-road and a trainer had it. (I can't remember)  
Gen4 - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games