Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Maid Cafes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Fluffy-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:34 pm
User Image

I really wanted to check out the on they had at Anime North this year, but every time I went by it was super busy crying Hopefully they will have one next year I can go to...
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 pm
my friend attended it this year. from what i read on their site its a ticket type of event, so you buy a ticket for the cafe to get in  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

marakamiya

Dapper Hunter

19,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:19 pm
Maid cafes are awesome! My sister and I went with some members of our tour group to the Cos-cha! maid cafe in Akihabara last March. It was amazing. They were so cute and they played this hilarious drinking game where the guest almost always gets rewarded with a slap across the face! xd One of our guys did it. He got a tougher girl.

I also wanted to go to the maid cafe at Anime Expo last year, but we weren't prepared for the wait or to pay for it. Next year, if they have it again, I'll make same time for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:22 am
-giggles- the @home cafe girls are the cutest

yea. i know some of the ax animaid girls, the inside scoop is, from one of the girls, that they never got together to rehearse and all that. and there was alot of drama. its about 20-25 to go to their cafe. and you get a small piece of food really. but they hold outside con events as well, they have them listed on their website ^^
in my opinion though, their maid chiyo is the cutest  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:07 pm
I'd love to go to one someday.
I think there's one at NYAF...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm
I've never been to one but I'd like to go  

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

Kinxed

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:56 pm
paulaterra
I'd love to go to one someday.
I think there's one at NYAF...
Yuppers! There is one at NYAF. One or two of my friends were part of it this year.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:14 pm
if you have info on the cafes [websites, conventions events] feel free to post them or submit a review about them  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Rare Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:51 pm
Hello. :3 I just noticed this thread and I'd like to say that I'm actually a maid of Ichigo Cafe. X3 I was actually a bit surprised about Ichigo Cafe being on the list! I am Kiyoko by the way.

I'd also like to mention that Cafe Moe is actually in the Arizona area. They take conventions from Arizona and actually, I missed them at Saboten.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:41 pm
Chiharu Hitomi
Hello. :3 I just noticed this thread and I'd like to say that I'm actually a maid of Ichigo Cafe. X3 I was actually a bit surprised about Ichigo Cafe being on the list! I am Kiyoko by the way.

I'd also like to mention that Cafe Moe is actually in the Arizona area. They take conventions from Arizona and actually, I missed them at Saboten.

well hello there lols
yea i was trying to figure out the vegas's conventions maid cafe and found you guys magically XD
cafe moe i mixed up their stuff on accident. i knew it was close to the area though lols

cafe moe is actually our sister cafe at mohci cafe now lols  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Rare Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

well hello there lols
yea i was trying to figure out the vegas's conventions maid cafe and found you guys magically XD
cafe moe i mixed up their stuff on accident. i knew it was close to the area though lols

cafe moe is actually our sister cafe at mohci cafe now lols
Very nice XD Yep. Cafe Moe is a pretty nice cafe. X3 But that's cool. O-o

We're actually thinking however of making an actual maid cafe here in Vegas XD Kinda the Japan feeling that's going to come with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:58 pm
Chiharu Hitomi
Very nice XD Yep. Cafe Moe is a pretty nice cafe. X3 But that's cool. O-o

We're actually thinking however of making an actual maid cafe here in Vegas XD Kinda the Japan feeling that's going to come with it.

lols thats how mochi cafe was originally made XD i wanted to open a cosplay cafe here in SD and we decided to just do a maid cafe for cons to see if we could even get it to work lols  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

blindfoldedBandit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 pm
all i care about is the food is it good? (i knows i'm evil twisted )  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:15 pm
lols. that depends on the cafe
some cafes just do little finger foods, some do a full meal, and some do desserts.  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

La Ahna

6,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm
I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta's Maid Cafe this year, and it was delicious. Sadly, my table got a butler. ): I wanted a cute little maid, but he was really nice. Last year the maid cafe was for only a few hours, but this year they made it pretty much the entire duration of the con. I went Sunday, around 11 or 12, and it was fairly empty.

Most of the time, con hotels are the ones that provide the food due to agreements between the hotel and convention, and I've found that con food is usually really delicious!

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff