Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Maid Cafes Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am
User Image

Okaerinasaimase, Goshujin-sama, Goju-sama

Discuss here, maid cafes,mannerisms in the cafe, questions about them, submit reviews of any you've been to or even if your wanting to start your own.
I my self am a headmaid at Mochi Cafe, so if you ever wanted to know the inner workings of a maid cafe, i can always help out, this will come in handy if you ever want to make your own cafe

Known Maid Cafe list +Cons they attend
USA
Mochi Cafe xAla + Anime Conji
Animaid Cafe Anime Expo
Cafe Moe i will get their link and list later, since they have two sites and a huge con list.
Ichigo Cafe Anime Vegas

Canadian
Cafe Delish - Anime North Maid Cafe

Maid Cafes

As you enter you are greeted by a lovely maid who welcomes you home and calls you master, or mistress. She will explain the rules of the cafe before you are shown to your table and handed off to another maid who will be your personal serving maid. This maid will play games with you if you wish, have a small conversation, and bring you food and drink. Every now and then your maid will disappear and appear on stage with the rest of her fellow maids and perform a dance for you.

Maid cafes started in Japan and are becoming very popular in the states now, most conventions have their own cafe that they audition girls for, but a few dedicated girls will sacrifice their time to make their own cafe that will travel to conventions they are invited to join. They have pretty strict rules as well for the maids safety, so working in the cafe is always a safe environment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:26 pm
I've never been to one, but I wouldn't mind working for one. I wish there was one in Vermont or NYC (i live between those places). I'd totally apply for/work in one. They look like fun to work in.  

AirborneInfection

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:46 pm
I would love to go to one, or even work at Cafe malchik Lyubov, whch is a fictional cafe from a story I read in deviantArt... XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:46 pm
That sounds really awesome. You wouldn't happen to have a list of ones that are in the USA, would you?

Herr Skit

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm
Air: if theres not one in your area, you can try and make one with your friends, but i believe new york has one cafe i would have to check, youtube is your best research when finding a cafe

Herr: the three i have listed are here in the states, mochi cafe and animaid are both california based, and Moe cafe is in the vegas area  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:55 pm
Ah, thank you.
<3
those are on the opposite coast from me, but still cool.
:3

Herr Skit

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:04 pm
its hard to find the cafes, cause most of them are run by the convention themselves and audition new girls each year, and guys if they chose to have butlers, theres only a few cafes that are not run by conventions, but by the maids themselves.

i'm still looking around for the other cafes, and will have an updated list soon  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:16 pm
I've been actually planning on starting one up for a few years now in my area. I just need to get out of school first. XD

But they just seem so cool. heart  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm
sci: all of our girls are still in school, college and highschool students. the majority of maids at cafes are around highschool and college aged  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
sci: all of our girls are still in school, college and highschool students. the majority of maids at cafes are around highschool and college aged
I know but I mean I'm a bit young to start one up. Like lease a place and hire people. But I already have the plans for it and I'm working on maid/butler outfit designs with a friend.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 pm
ah. the maid cafes featured here, don't have buildings, they work at the conventions. and it can be written off as volunteer work.
most cons will work with the cafe, and give them free, to discounted admission  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 pm
Now THAT is what we need in my town. I really like the idea of a maid cafe. Kawaii heart  

roxxx_von_teese

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 pm
its not to hard to start your own, mochi cafe was made in a month and booked a con within that same month  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:59 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
its not to hard to start your own, mochi cafe was made in a month and booked a con within that same month
I will take that into consideration. I know quite a few people who would love to start one  

roxxx_von_teese

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:07 am
easiest thing is to get the girls [and guys if you plan for butlers] together, make a set of rules for the cafe along with a good list of stuff to do in the cafe, and then contact a local con about holding it there.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff