Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Oasis ❂ A Roleplaying Haven

Back to Guilds

A guild for avid role players to meet and role play together in a fun environment. 

Tags: role, playing, literate, fantasy, roleplaying 

Reply One on One/Requests
Twist a beautiful tale with me. [One on One ad]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leid
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:44 pm
The Basics

What I look for:
I am looking for anyone who posts about three well written paragraphs, plays a realistic (weather or not we play fantasy) character and can work with details I offer in my posts. (I once had an rp where my character had lipstick on her teeth and the other player acted as if he didn't even read the detail. It was lame.)

*On that note: I'm getting really picky lately. I need people who can paint with their words, who can take a little nothing moment in a game and make it interesting for me to read. I need someone who can do an average of three or more bulky well written paragraphs.

What I want to RP:
Supernatural creatures in a modern world setting (A bit WoD style)
Completely average humans in really weird, yet realistic situations.
Horror/Paranormal
Romance

Things I won't RP:
Fan-RPs. (Books, movies, games, ect) I feel that those stories are done and over with and there is nothing worse then watching someone RP a character in a way that might not be correct. Spin offs are so-so and to be handled case-by-case. I'm such a hypocrite, because I've joined at least one fan-rp in this guild. So, let's just say, I rarely do these.

Sexual RPs. No way ever and I have a few good reasons. I am 24 years old and I do not want to risk playing this with a minor; it goes against the TOS; it gets boring fast; these RPs tend to quickly become only about the sex. Plus they are boring and awkward.

And others that are a little to specific to list, so, I will add to this if I have to. smile

What I commonly play:
I type out a solid two or three paragraphs depending on what's going on in the rp, how inspired I am at the moment and so on. I can post more, but usually when the conditions are just right. Recently I've been doing 3-5 good paragraphs in RPs that I'm enjoying. I've even managed to do well in other RPs I have trouble playing due to just liking the character I play. XD

I play males and females. I try to make my characters realistic and I do tend to play the nice guy, or if not, I like to play someone who has a soft spot inside. I play all different ages, and supernatural creatures as well as humans. I tend to default to male, but I have nothing against attempting to step outside of my comfort zone.

That being said I have trouble playing douche bags with no redeeming qualities. I've been asked a lot to play cruel masters, and abusive boy friends, but I lose interest fast because there is no way for me to relate to the character. However, this doesn't mean I can't attempt to play an a**. XD

I like to take common a mythos and pick it apart and create a new versions of the creature.

More to be added later.

Feel free to contact me with requests and questions. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 pm
Ideas I have

What I'm craving:

+Playing my old characters. (Characters that commonly aren't 'pretty' or anime) These characters are all different types, and I might post their bios one day if I feel comfortable enough to, but otherwise, if you are interested, send me a pm.

+Playing a mail-order-bride plot. (Weird, I know.) I mentioned this in the RP discussion board and a few people seemed interested. This might not be a one on one depending on how many people end up being interested, but I'll leave this here if the idea doesn't pan out.

+Dumpy pathetic guy meets hot person. This can be a guy or a girl that they meet, but I love the romantic concept of this poor guy who's kinda dumpy, pretty average looking who meets this confident and sexy person and they fall in love. This other person doesn't need to actually be very hot, but just n the eyes of the other character. This makes for delightful awkward situations for the two of them, I think. This 'hot person' will be more interesting if they have some sort of mental or emotional issues. I could play either side of this and either could be guy or girl, and could be gay or straight and so on. XD

+Mental patients. Two crazy people living their lives. This RP could be action, romance, or just realistic. There is an rp kinda like this in the guild, but the characters aren't actually crazy, which have been leaving me with a craving. XD Playing a staff member is fine. Playing out patients is fine, too, but as long as there is a good social aspect. XD

+Anything with ghosts or creepy creatures. Damn near anything. Ghosts are probably my favorite thing in the world right now. Creatures that are ghost like in nature rock. Demons and monsters make me happy. Maybe there could be a plot of a normal guy with a zombified friend. The zombified friend would need to be a little more high functioning than your average zombie, and it wouldn't even have to be a zombie. As long as it's more monster than human.

All ideas I am trying to leave as unfinished as possible to allow for wiggle room so it's something we both can enjoy.

Please PM me with any weird character pairings for either romantic or non-romantic plots, or any plots that are weird but meant for average people. (Or a mix of both.)  

Leid
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Leid
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:48 pm
Examples!

These are the RPs I run on this guild in no particular order. Feel free to look them over to see how I post. I'm sharing these instead of making premade examples that may or may not show how I'd actually post in an actual RP setting.

Into the Realm of Nightmares is probably one of my favorite games right now. Horror makes me happy. XD Feel free to join this game, by the way!

Not Quite Normal is an invite-only RP. (If you are interested, talk to me in PMs, first and let me know why you want to play.)

Escaped but not Truly Free doesn't have activity yet because it's new, but once it does feel free to ready my posts.

Club Envy has examples of my lower quality posts. I have been having trouble writing for this RP, which is a shame, but I still want to show my range.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:49 pm
A Little Note from Leid

Each character I make I try to put a lot of thought into. Whenever I make a character I make them with the intention of creating a whole person. It might not show at first while I'm still figuring out what makes them tick, but I can promise that if I can I will make each and every character I have interesting and write well for them.

I hope you do the same, too. <3  

Leid
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Leid
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 pm
Characters

Here you can find a forum with my characters I have. Most of them I do play here in the guild there are some that I don't have stories for, yet.

If there is a character you really like from the list I will direct you to the RP I play them in and if they have none, then I will try to make a plot with you.  
One on One/Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games