Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] Following In Your Footsteps (Aziz'Din & Aali) - FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:11 pm
User Image

Aziz'Din was curled up on a high rock, making him around eye level with most adults, he was watching the pride. Banus and Pads were out, as the day was bright and cheerful all around them. He was curious. He loved seeing how the adults interacted with each other, the hierarchy they had and the way a Pad treated his Banu. Each Pad was different but Aziz'Din took in everything they did. He would merge what they did into what he would do as he was older. He had been practicing earlier but he needed fresh ideas of how to practice to be a Pad.

Twitching his tail, he eyed the pride with an eager gaze. He couldn't wait until he was older, 'till he had his own Harem and could make his father proud. A small mewl came from his mouth as he thought of how his life would be. He knew he would be great, he just had to show everyone else in the pride that he was going to be.

Yawning sleepily as the sun shone down on his fur, warming him to the point of perfect sleeping temperature, he twisted a little, trying to stay awake. Why wasn't a Pad doing anything interesting? They were just...talking. That was boring. He wanted to see what they did when their Banus misbehaved or when they did something right, not just when they were just standing there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a nice day to relax, and he was letting his lovely banu's enjoy it as they wished. Granted even with free time to be had they still had to keep an eye on the cubs, but everyone was mingling no one was too concerned at the moment. He smirked as he spotted his son up on a rock, it reminded him so much of himself and how he too enjoyed such good vantage points. He crouched low and slowly snuck up behind him.

He popped up and tapped his claws against his son's back with a chuckle. "What are you up to Aziz?" He sat down and smiled watching his son at eye level and thinking proudly of the day he would be a full grown Pad with a harem of his own.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Aziz'Din was huffing lightly and kept his gaze on the pride. He didn't see his father sneaking up on him, nor did he hear him coming. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt someone tap their claws on his back and the chuckle that filled his ears. The only thing that stopped him screaming loudly was the sound of his father's voice. He recognized it as his father.

Of course, recognizing it didn't mean he didn't panic a little. Jumping to his feet and almost falling from his rock, he spun around to stare at Aali. “Father!” he gasped, before trying to gloss over his minor panic attack. “I'm just watching the pride and trying to learn all I can,” he puffed out his chest, trying to look more impressive in front of his father, though his eyes were warm. He did love his father, he just wanted to prove himself the best he could be, which meant he didn't show it quite as often. “Are you enjoying the nice day?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:08 pm

He watched proudly as the cub puffed his chest out and remained calm, it was a sign of a level head that he hadn't jumped off the rock. He leaned in to give him a beif nuzzle before leaning back and smiling. "Indeed I am, the day is so nice I'm surprised your not down playing with the banu and pesar."

"What have you learned from up here?" He put a paw on the rock and leaned in to listen to Aziz curiously. He loved listening to the thoughts of his cubs, their hopes and dreams, he wanted to encourage each of them. At the same time the concern for his sons grew and grew, once they were old enough they would leave the safety of the pride for the cruel world outside. A lack of preparation had claimed many young males, he needed to find a solution before he sent the new generation out on their own.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Aziz'Din leant into the nuzzle but didn't follow him for more when he pulled back, tilting his head up and returning a small smile. “It's too nice a day to waste it by playing,” he protested, though he had been thinking how much fun the nearby cubs seemed to be having not far away.

“Not much,” Aziz'Din admitted, sniffing in faint annoyance. “Everyone is just sitting around talking. Though it looks like most of the Banus are cooperating to look after all the cubs rather than just their own.” He glanced back towards the other pride members, curious how the banus seem to work together. It wasn't a particularly useful piece of information, not for him at least, but it was interesting none the less.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Aali gave a soft chuckle and glanced about. "You know you can learn a lot during playtime." He whispered softly as if imparting a great secret to his son. He nodded and glanced over to where Aziz was looking.

"Thats important, banu working together, it means the pride is doing well. When there are Kajira about making trouble the banu stop trusting one another and become less helpful. It's unfair to burden one with the task of watching all the cubs, by cooperating they can hunt together and share the meals. The banu who hunt together are kept safe by the Pads who work together to patrol the prides boundaries." He smiled at his son.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Aziz'Din leant in eagerly when his father acted like he was sharing a secret, though he crinkled his nose when he actually heard it. “What can you learn through playtime?” He asked, sounding curious. Sure, if he and his sisters were playing hunting they'd learn to hunt, or when Shahla and he played Pad and Banu they learnt a lot, but the mindless play the other cubs seem to be doing looked noneducational.

So the banus work together to watch the cubs who are playing together and the pads work together to watch the banus and patrol the boundaries?” Aziz'Din summed up, looking surprised at the way the pride worked together so well. “We don't have any Kajira anymore, do we father?” He didn't remember hearing anything about the pride having one, since they were unfavorable things to have usually. “I hope none of the sisters become Kajira,” he said, almost to himself, though he doubted they would.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:46 pm

"See those Pesar playing tag? It looks so simple, but do you see how they learn to dodge one another, to make quick turns when their running full speed? Your body learns those motions the more you do them, and when those Pesar are older and their alone in the rogue lands and a male tries to attack them to take a banu thats theirs, they will move with speed, with ease, their bodies will know how to twist away from danger." Aali smiled and looked at his son, hopefully Aziz would find merit in playing, it had many lessons to offer. Stories the Banu's told their cubs also offered many lessons. Those playing in the water would learn to swim, and those playing on the rocks would learn to climb.

He looked back at Aziz, "no we do not have any Kajira anymore, Tariq has tamed the last. We are lucky to have so many clever and obedient banu, hopefully when you and your brothers and cousins come of age and leave the pride you too will return with banu, but some may find Kajira and that will be another challenge to face. None of your sisters are inclined to such behavior Aziz you need not worry."

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Aziz'Din peered at the Pesar playing, trying to see what his father saw as they played together. They moved quickly and, though they were just playing, it showed great strength to be able to avoid the other players. He'd never thought of it that way, glancing up at his father almost shyly, though it was more with reluctance.
Do you think anyone would play with me?” He had pushed away a lot of the cubs, believing himself above playing but, if it was teaching him, then he would suffer through the childish act to learn what they were teaching.

Aziz'Din crinkled his nose. “I'd never bring back a Kajira. They would only harm the pride. I want a good, obedient, strong Banu. Someone who'll further the pride, rather then hurt it.
He gave a firm nod when his father mentioned about his sisters. “I'm glad.” He didn't want his sisters to get bad Pads because of their attitudes. It would be horrible if they were hurt, Aziz'Din didn't know if he could stand sitting back and watching them get hurt. They couldn't become Kajira. They just couldn't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Aali smiled as he saw Aziz starting to take things in, observation was an important trait. "I'm sure they would if you asked to join in, it becomes more complicated when more join in, the game gets harder when you have to focus on the one tagger while running and trying not to be tagged."

He chuckled and looked at his son with a sigh. "Sometimes it's not so easy Aziz, out there females are confused, lost, untamed, there are a few who are natural banu, but most have the wildness of a kajira, they must be tamed to the ways of the pride. My first female was Kajira, my quest was long and difficult...but I did not return with empty paws, I knew I couldn't."

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Aziz'Din nodded, still watching the other cubs, almost nervously. He was never good in big groups, not yet. His confidence faltered when he was surrounded, a feeling of being trapped often came over him.
“...perhaps another time,” he said, glancing back at his father, hoping he didn't see it as being weak. Anyway, it was not often he got to spend time with his father without anyone else around, usually.

He looked surprised to her that his father's first female was a Kajira.
“You really brought back a Kajira? I suppose that's true. Lots of females wouldn't be use to your life style, would they Father? I mean, not all males teach their women their place like we do.” He frowned down at his paws. “So, maybe being a little like Kajira isn't bad. It just means you're teaching them something new. That's good, isn't it?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 pm

"Yes, later, for now I want some time with just us." He smiled and nudged his son gently. With so many cubs he was careful to try and make some alone time for each, but it was difficult. Still Aali liked to think he managed well, he didn't want to neglect either his banu or his cubs.

"Oh yes, she was quite a troublemaker..." He trailed off with a mild frown before nodding. "Many females are given free reign, males are too weak or unwilling to educate them and protect them and they turn cruel and cold. It's important to always give a Kajira a chance to learn before dismissing her completely as a lost cause." Of curse, his had been a lost cause, and he still remembered her death with a sense of anger and sadness, but they couldn't all be helped.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:40 pm

Aziz'Din try to resist it but he nudged his father back, ending in a little bit of a nuzzle. He was glad his father wanted some time for just him. It was a childish move, but Aziz'Din was a child still, no matter how he pretended.

He stared up at his father in interest as he spoke, obviously curious about his father's experiences. “What happened to her?” he asked, before looking horrified that he'd asked the question. “Sorry, father!”
He hesitated though, staring down at the ground, “but father, what if a male is too strict? Won't that have the same effect as one that is too weak to protect his female?” He shifted, wondering if there was such a thing as too strict.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 pm

He was mildly surprised at his son's question before he shook his head, no point in hiding things from him. The males of the pride had to know things, had to understand, learn, and be prepared. "She was killed for her defiance, she tried to escape. Kajira who cannot be tamed...their fates are all the same."

He nodded at his son. "Don't be sorry, it's always better to ask, to know, then to wonder in silence."

He tilted his head, too strict, yes it was possible but better too strict then too weak. "Most Pads have no need to be too strict, but strictness is important to keep some Banu in line. One who is too strict however...yes he might turn his own banu against him."

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Aziz'Din looked a little saddened by the news, but not surprised. He knew what happened to Kajira if they couldn't be tamed. Everyone knew what happened to them, it was just the way things were.

He nodded firmly, "Okay, I won't be sorry for asking the question, but..." he trailed off, looking up at his father earnestly, "I'm sorry to hear about your first banu." If she had been a true Kajira, the pride was better off without her but it couldn't have been easy. She would have still been important to his father, even just a little.

He frowned at his paws, so he would have to be careful both ways. Too strict and too weak, being either of them was bad for the pride. He'd just have to be the perfect mix. He firmed his shoulders and looked back up. "I'm sure no one will turn their Banus against them. The pride has good Pads!"

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff