Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Some Advice on How to Win a Soul Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:21 pm
Hello and greetings in the name of Jesus Christ. I felt the Lord laid upon my heart to share on how to win a soul over to Christ. I believe that everyone can win a soul. And as Christians, it should be our utmost priority. So I will give some advice on how to win a soul to Christ. I will probably break this down into sections. The 1st half, I will talk about the law and how it is useful to convict the person's heart. And the 2nd half, I will give some soul-seeking questions that you can ask if you are on a 1-on-1 conversation.

The Law

I believe the law is very useful to convict the soul that he is a sinner. In Psalms 19:7 says "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." So I will give an illustration of how we can use the law of the Lord and convinced that the person is a sinner and is need of a savior. I am going to do a Role-play of what can happen if we get into a 1-on-1 conversation. John is a Christian and he is sitting next to a person named "Bob."

John: Hello there. I am John. What's your name?
Bob: Hello. I am Bob.
John: Nice to meet you Bob. Do you live around here?
Bob: Yes. I live 5 miles away from here. I live in New Holland.
John: Oh yes. It is a nice place. Did you live there for long?
Bob: Yes. I lived there for 15 years.
John: I see. So do you go to Church somewhere here?
Bob: Yes, I go to Church.
John: What is your Church's name?
Bob: Church of Christ. (I am throwing a random Church's name. I am not condemning any Church here.)
John: That's good. So do you think you are a good person.
Bob: Yes, John. I know I am a good person.
John: Really? Can I test you to see if you are a good person?
Bob: Certainly.
John: Well.... Bob. How many times have you told a lie?
Bob: A few times before.
John: What does that make you?
Bob: A liar.
John: Have you stolen anything?
Bob: No, I haven't.
John: Come on. You already admitted that you are a liar.
Bob: Well... When I was young, I stole a few small things.
John: What does that make you?
Bob: A stealer.
John: Be more specific.
Bob: A thief.
John: Have you hated anyone?
Bob: Yes, I have.
John: Bob, Jesus said that if we hate someone, we have committed murder in our hearts. So, have you looked at a girl with lust?
Bob: Yes, when I was younger.
John: Jesus said that if you look at a woman with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. So right now, you are a liar, a thief, a murderer, and a adulterer. That is basically 4 of the 10 commandments you broke. If you stand before God on the judgment day and if He will judge you by the the 10 commandments, would you go to Heaven or Hell?
Bob: I would probably go to Hell.
John: Does that concern you?
Bob: Yes, it does.

I am guessing you know what to do from there. Now if you paid attention to the conversation, have you noticed on how he switched from the physical to the Spiritual just like that? So we can use the 10 commandments to convict the heart. And I think somewhere it says that the law shutteth every mouth.

Now let's go on a different route. I will break in the end of the conversation.

John: Jesus said that if you look at a woman with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. So right now, you are a liar, a thief, a murderer, and a adulterer. That is basically 4 of the 10 commandments you broke. If you stand before God on the judgment day and if He will judge you by the the 10 commandments, would you go to Heaven or Hell?
Bob: I would probably go to Heaven.
John: Can you explain why you would go to Heaven?
Bob: Because God is understanding. He knows that I am just a person. I am not perfect.
John: That is true. We are not perfect. But just imagine this. If you committed murder and you were sentenced to life and prison. Would you say to the judge, "I know that you are a good judge. You would forgive me. You are understanding." The judge would say, "Yes, I am a good judge. But since I am a good judge, I will see that the crimes will be dealt with." You see Bob. We all sinned and offended God. But He sent His Son to die for us. Our debt has been paid. It is a gift from God, but we must believe it is our gift to have. It is written that the gift of eternal life is through Jesus Christ,our Lord."

Also, if you noticed something, you are asking questions. I believe that if you ask question, they would reveal where they're at with God or their knowledge of God. And never once did John judged him. Bob openly told John his faults and John used the 10 commandments to show him the sins he committed against God.

Also, did you notice something in the first RP? Bob said that he was a good person. That is pride. It is said in James that God will resisteth the proud and giveth grace to the humble. The law can and will take away that pride. And if you notice by the end, Bob actually humbled his heart to the Gospel.

Anyways, I will probably post part 2 later on about some questions we can use to reveal where they are at with the Lord or to lead into a conversation like John did to Bob.

Also, I think it would be a tremendous benefit if you watch Hell's Best Kept Secret. I watched it on youtube and it was a real blessing to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:34 am
Win a Game of poker?  

lordstar

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:32 pm
That's boring.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:18 pm
What do you mean by win a game of poker? Also, I do not play poker.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 am
Thistle_Whistle

I have a friend who won 2 souls in a game of poker  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am
lordstar
Thistle_Whistle

How did someone win a soul through a game of poker?  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Orizion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am
Here's something that we need to think about: nobody can truly tell if someone is telling the truth on the internet. How do we know that the person we are speaking to is not already a Christian? Or, perhaps, the person we're speaking to claims to be a Christian, but is not. Observe:

Jake: Hello, Dave, how are you doing?
Dave: Hello, Jake, I am doing fine, and yourself?
Jake: Splendid. Tell me, what's new with your life?
Dave: Something incredible: I made a life-changing decision just recently!
Jake: You don't say! What decision would that be?
Dave: I decided that I would repent of all my sins, ask Jesus to wash them away, and I invited Him to live in me and to be in charge of my life!
Jake: Wow, that's great! Would you like me to pray with you?
Dave: Normally I'd accept, but I am very busy at this time.
Jake: Very well, but I shall pray for you nonetheless.
Dave: Thanks. brb.

Here, Dave claims that He is a Christian to avoid talking to Jake. It's his way of avoiding evangelists. A very smart tactic, indeed. An interesting thing to note here is that he says "brb," but he never actually returns.

Scenario #2
Ben: Hello! I don't believe we have met, what is your name?
Kyle: Hi, my name is Kyle, what's yours?
Ben: My name is Ben. Nice to meet you, Kyle.
Kyle: Likewise. So, what are you interested in.
Ben: Well, I'm really into music.
Kyle: Oh? What kind of music are you into?
Ben: I really enjoy listening to praise & worship music.
Kyle: Praise & worship? You mean like at church?
Ben: Exactly.
Kyle: Oh, that's cool! I go to church, too!
Ben: That's good, so do you think you are a good person?
Kyle: Well, I'm certainly not perfect, but that doesn't matter.
Ben: And why does it not matter that you're not perfect?
Kyle: Because I believe in God (or I am a Christian, Jesus has forgiven me, etc.)
Ben: Okay, how about this: if Jesus asked you why He should allow you to enter into His Kingdom, what would you answer?
Kyle: I would say because I have accepted the Gospel (or Jesus into my life, asked God to forgive me, etc.)
Ben: Are you telling the truth, Kyle?
Kyle: Of course, I truly believe this!
Ben: I certainly hope that you are telling the truth, because there are some people who do not.
Kyle: I know, but you can trust me.
Ben: How can I trust you? After all, we just met. Perhaps you're trying to avoid me or "convert" me.
Kyle: Please, Ben, please understand. I did not mean to offend you! Are you not my brother in Christ?

Here, Kyle is telling the truth, but Ben is skeptical. Not because of wording, context, or semantics, but because he is going with his "gut feeling," which in this case is a bit off, because Ben is in a bit of a bad mood (but he doesn't openly admit it).
How should we react to such situations? How can we know that the other person is telling the truth? The internet has no emotions or lie-detectors. How can we effectively bring the Gospel to those who truly need it and are open to it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm
Thistle_Whistle
lordstar
Thistle_Whistle

How did someone win a soul through a game of poker?

Thats a really good question

I think it went something like this

2 poker players were out of cash so they bet their souls...and lost to a flush  

lordstar

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:01 pm
Um..... But that is not how you win a soul. Unless they would come in repentance that they are in need of a Savior, they cannot be made whole.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:21 am
Thistle_Whistle
Um..... But that is not how you win a soul. Unless they would come in repentance that they are in need of a Savior, they cannot be made whole.

I think a soul could be won in a card game  

lordstar

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:40 pm
I do not think so. At least, not a true conversion. A soul is not something to bet on. It is something not to say, "Oh.... Well.... I guess I believe it if I lose this game." If we do that, I believe we are inviting them to a religion, and not under the Love and the Authority of the Lord.

In 1 Corinthians 1:18 says, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." We are saved through the cleansing blood of Jesus and the mercy of the Lord. We come to recognize that we commited crimes against the Lord and offended him. We need to come to repentence before we get truly saved.

Repentance means to turn 180 degrees from the World. It says that "The Wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is through Jesus Christ, our Lord." Only through Him, we can truly be saved.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 pm
Thistle_Whistle
I do not think so. At least, not a true conversion. A soul is not something to bet on. It is something not to say, "Oh.... Well.... I guess I believe it if I lose this game." If we do that, I believe we are inviting them to a religion, and not under the Love and the Authority of the Lord.

In 1 Corinthians 1:18 says, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." We are saved through the cleansing blood of Jesus and the mercy of the Lord. We come to recognize that we commited crimes against the Lord and offended him. We need to come to repentence before we get truly saved.

Repentance means to turn 180 degrees from the World. It says that "The Wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is through Jesus Christ, our Lord." Only through Him, we can truly be saved.

oh you’re talking about a conversion

I'm talking about actually possessing a soul as if a soul could be a tangible possession  

lordstar

Orizion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm
lordstar
Thistle_Whistle

I'm talking about actually possessing a soul as if a soul could be a tangible possession

A soul is not a tangible possession, it is something that belongs to one person only. On another note, nobody has bothered to answer my questions yet. I have other scenarios, but I will not bring them up until this one has been answered. I look forward to see what everyone has to say. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:55 am
Orizion
lordstar
Thistle_Whistle

A soul is not a tangible possession, it is something that belongs to one person only. On another note, nobody has bothered to answer my questions yet. I have other scenarios, but I will not bring them up until this one has been answered. I look forward to see what everyone has to say. Thanks.

Sorry for taking a while to reply. But that is a good question. "What if they are a pretending Christian or someone that is religious?" I believe that questions are the best method to use. If we ask questions, we would actually know where they stand with God.

But here is a question you can ask. First, "Are you a Christian?" Now, that seems like a very basic question, because almost everyone will say that they are a Christian. But you'll see in the next question. First, "Are you a Christian?" "Why, of course I am." "That's good, but are you a real Christian?" That's a good question to ask them if they say that they are a Christian.

They would probably ask what a real Christian is. "Well.... You know, a real one. You love God with all of your heart. You love to do what the Bible. You love to go to Church. You love to live for God. Now sir, are you a real Christian? Are you one of those kinds of Christian?" And based on their answer, you would know where they are at.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 pm
Orizion
lordstar
Thistle_Whistle

how do you know a soul is not tangible?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces