[PRP] A new sun [Nthanda & Anansi] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 pm
Anansi crawled out of the den, arching her back in a stretch the moment she felt the warm morning light on her fur. Despite the early hours she needed to hunt. Bura was hungry, she was hungry. The cubs had been draining so much energy from the sisters. Too much. Maybe, if she could find one, she'd bring back a still live mouse for the cubs to play with. They'd stay occupied for a while, maybe even after the mouse was dead. And that would be a welcome break for the sisters.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 pm
Little Nthanda had different ideas. As soon as she saw her aunt heading out of the den, she was on her little feet and bounding out after her. Well, as well as she could anyway. She was still a bit shaky when it came to walking or running. She wasn't about to let that stop her from chasing Anansi though!

Skidding to a stop when she saw her aunt, she yipped happily, even as she fell in a lump at the older female's feet. Quickly she righted herself, grinning up at her aunt. "Where are you going? Can I come? Please, please!"

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:41 pm
Anansi sighed then bent down to nuzzle her niece.

"I'm going hunting," she said, ever so quietly but firmly. "And you can't come. Not until you're older."

She'd be far too hyper now. Too loud, too inexperienced. She'd scare away the prey and waste Anansi's time and energy in the process. "Hush now, you'll wake your mother."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm
She didn't like being told no. Not at all. Pouting, she sat down abruptly, looking up at her aunt with big sad eyes. "But I wanna come now!" she whined quietly, heeding Anansi's words to keep quiet. She didn't want to wake her mother either, she wanted to go with Anansi!

"Why can't I come? I wanna go with you!"

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 pm
Anansi smiled and lay down next to her niece.

"Nthanda," she sung softly between the affectionate licks that covered the small pup all over. "Can you keep up with me on a long run, little one? Do you know what to do once I've cornered some prey? I'll teach you, little one, but not now. When you're ready I'll be proud to have you next to me on the hunt but not now."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:02 pm
She continued to pout, though it was so hard with Anansi's affectionate licks. It took all of the little pup's will power not to giggle and snuggle closer to her aunt. After all, she was angry with Anansi for not letting her go! It didn't matter that her aunt had a very good point, and she knew it. There was no way she would be able to keep up.

"But I wanna stay with you!"

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:20 pm
"I know, loved one," she said, still licking her niece often. "If I can find one I'll find you one I'll bring home a small mouse for you and your siblings. How does that sound, Nthanda?"

She knew the pup was too young for reason but she had to try. Yelling and sending her back into the cave wouldn't help either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm
Heaving a sigh, she gave in and wiggled closer to Anansi. "But Annnnaaa~ I wanna spend time with you. I don't wanna share." She set her chin on Anansi's shoulder, her little tail wagging as the licks continued.  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm
"I know, I know," she cooed. "But you have to share. That's what pack and family is about. Sharing and taking care of each other. Right now, the best thing I can do is to take care of you. You need to learn to stalk and hunt so one day you can take care of your own children... And me."

It was unlikely that Anansi would live so long. But it sounded like a nice sentiment and there was no harm in giving the cub the hope that her family would be together forever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm
"Oh, Ana! I'll take extra special care of you!" she cried, forgetting all about the hunt now as she wiggled even closer. "I'll hunt the best food for you!" She gave her aunt a wide smile, nuzzling at her.  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 pm
"I know you will," she said, turning her head as to pull the small cub closer to her. "And for your mother too. Don't forget about your mother, little one. If she wakes up she's going to count her children and start worrying over where you've gotten off too. Perhaps you should go back in the den for now. I'll return as soon as I can."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:46 pm
Snuggled up against her favourite aunt in the whole wide world (so what if Anansi was the only aunt she knew, and her whole world consisted of the den anyway...), everything was peachy keen for Nthanda. "Fiiiiiinne," she said, dragging the word out as she surrendered. "When will I be old enough to come with you?"  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 pm
"When I say so and not very well before," she said, voice still as quiet as ever. "You'll be the first I take out with me," she grinned, "I promise."

Ever so gently she got up and turned to nudge her niece's tiny body back into the den. As she did so she made a silent vow to her self that she would find that mouse.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 pm
She let out another dramatic sigh as she headed back into the den, only going a few feet inside before she plopped down and turned back to Anansi. "You better!" she called after her, careful that she didn't wake her mother or siblings. "I'm going to be the best hunter ever!"  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:00 pm
"I'll remember you said that!" Anansi barked in reply. She sighed as she turned away. If one of the other cubs was ready first Bura would just have to take them out. It was a bit of a silly promise to make but it had calmed the pup and gotten her to go, willingly, back into the den.

After all that was what mattered.

She glanced over the Savannah at the sun, marking it's location in the sky before heading out in search of food.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff