Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[BP] Close Encounters of the Quiet Kind (Jess x Vera)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 am
It was late. Jess knew she should have been in bed by now, but she was far too wired to sleep. So she sat by herself in the 2nd floor study area, gloating over the package she'd recieved from home. She didn't get mail very often, and even then it was usually just a thin, drab little letter. But every once in a while, her mother would send her a care package packed full of goodies from apples to candy to the latest books on Wicca and paganism.

This box didn't disappoint. Her mother had sent some pretty yarns and knitting needles, a couple of apple candies, a spellbook and a cheery, breezy letter accompanied by a picture from her cousin. And shoved down towards the bottom was a tiny laquered paper box made of cream colored paper with tiny painted apple blossoms dotting it. It was too small to act as a jewelry box, but it would look nice on her bedside table.

Hugging herself, she re-read her cousin's letter, smiling at the amount of bubbly attitude oozing from it. That was one of the bigger downsides to the school, she thought. It was rough to not be able to leave during the school year to see her family.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:37 pm
Vera hadn't been sleeping well lately, and it was no surprise to her that she was wide awake at far too late at night. She'd shuffled out to the kitchen in her pajamas, intent on grabbing a glass of water in the hopes that that would help her sleep. Glass in hand, she was about to go back to her room when a faint hint of light from the study room caught her attention. Normally, she wouldn't care, but...With a sigh, Vera changed course for the hopefully deserted study room, hoping that the light there did not presage any other weirdness.

It was with relief that she saw the other girl sitting there, reading a letter that had apparently come with the package sitting near her. Turning to leave, Vera misjudged where the doorframe was, and slammed an elbow into the unforgiving wooden surface. Wincing, she hoped the noise hadn't been loud enough to draw attention, but froze in place anyway.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm
The soft thud was enough to cause Jess' head to snap up, concern rampant on her face. Seeing the other girl standing so still in the doorway, she smiled and gave the girl a sheepish half-wave.

"Hey, I'm sorry, did me bein' in here disturb you?" she asked in a soft, low voice. "You're Vera, right? I think you're a few doors up from me. Your elbow okay? Want some candy?"

She snagged one of the apple candies out of the box and held it out to the girl. At least she wasn't being questioned about why she was up so late. As long as no one asked her any questions, she wouldn't have to tell the truth. Or at least not right away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 pm
Vera turned slowly, careful not to hit herself again and drop her glass of water. "No," she said, although to what wasn't immediately clear. She held up her glass as if that was all the explanation needed. "Jessalyn, room 44?" Vera asked in turn after closing her eyes as if to consult some mental map of the floor. "Across the hall, I think," she continued, opening her violet eyes to look assessingly at the other girl.

She seemed innocuous enough, and not likely to burst into some kind of frenzied chatter - then again, this late at night, too much conversation would perhaps draw unwanted attention. "I'll be fine," she said after a moment, stretching her arm out several times to make sure she would be.

"What kind?" she asked, taking a few long strides closer to take the wrapped candy, cocking her head slightly to the side in question, causing one of her many long hanks of red hair to fall over her shoulder.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm
Nodding agreeably, Jess smiled warmly at the other girl. She seemed a bit too tightly wound, but maybe she was just shy.

"That's right. I'm glad I wasn't bothering you. I hate to be a bother. Are you sure you don't want some ice or something for your elbow though?"

Jess felt herself puff up proudly as she looked at the candy in her palm. Fallon might be an amazing cook, but there was no way she could ever beat Jess' mother at candy making.

"It's apple. My mom makes them for me every year around this time. She uses the apples from a tree in our backyard. She makes fudge every year too for whatever floor I get put on. If you've got any preferences or like... nut allergies, let me know so I can write and tell her, okay?"

Jess looked quite serious as she said the last. In no way did she want to end up accidentally killing someone because she hadn't been warned about a peanut allergy and someone ate fudge that had been near a peanut.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:23 pm
"It's fine," Vera repeated, encompassing a reply to the long string of words that had ended with an offer of ice for her elbow. Really, it would be. She'd had much more serious injuries when she'd taught herself archery. This would bruise prettily, no doubt, but there was no serious injury underneath.

"Apple?" she said, eyes lighting up, and if one looked carefully, one could see her toes curl up in delight. Her favorite! Eagerly unwrapping the candy and popping it into her mouth, Vera closed her eyes again in bliss. This was amazing, like eating a fresh picked apple.

"No allergies," she said, popping her eyes open. That would be a lot of fudge, as the floor was fully occupied, unlike third.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 pm
Jess was grinning delightedly at the blissful expression on Vera's face. She managed to hide her relieved sigh at the news that the other girl had no allergies that would cause problems. Settng aside her letter, she watched the other girl curiously.

"If you want, when I write my mom, I can ask for more for you. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to have someone else to work for. She makes an amazing apple cider to. Maybe she'd send a bottle of it, if I asked."

And probably complain the entire time about the amount of work involved. But that was all right. Jess knew her mother worked best when acting like a martyr.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:11 pm
Vera couldn't quite dismiss the delighted sparkle in her eyes. This wa quite possibly the best candy she'd ever had - and if there was an apple flavored candy (as long as it wasn't sour!), she'd probably tried it. "Ah?" she said, blinking slightly. "I...That wouldn't be too much trouble?" she asked, looking almost pathetically hopeful. It was somewhat obvious from her reaction that Vera never got care packages from her parents.

Her toes were still curled slightly into themselves as she continued to suck on the candy, looking entirely unlike herself - innocent and hopeful, instead of cynical and aloof. "I really don't want to be any trouble," Vera said softly.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:23 am
Taking her hint from the soft, almost shy tone, Jess's smile turned reassuring.

"It'll be no trouble to me or my mom. I'll make sure she packs plenty for you in the next box. As for you being any trouble," Jess looked stern, but her voice stayed kind, "don't fret on that score. I LIKE doing stuff for other people. Especially when it's clear it'll be appreciated."

And unless she missed her guess, very few people were doing anything for Vera. No, it was far past time for someone to give the other girl a little love and care.

"So yeah, don't worry about being trouble."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:15 pm
"Ah, alright," Vera said, crinkling the wrapper in one hand as a slightly nervous gesture. "I," she started, ducking her head and shaking it slightly, causing her hair to drop back in front of her shoulders. Indeed, it was one of the few bits of concern she'd gotten since her parents divorced.

"Thank you," she said finally, looking totally awkward.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:10 am
"You're very welcome," Jess replied, ignoring for the moment, Vera's nervousness. She was too jittery, Jess thought. Almost like a puppy that'd been kicked a lot. So, stretching her arms out over her head, she yawned and smiled.

"You know, if you ever need someone to listen or anything if something's bothering you, you can come find me. I promise I don't bite. I'm also really good at staying quiet and just listening or hanging out. And in spite of what some people around the school say, I don't really sacrifice virgins or babies to my heathen gods."

Now Jess grinned and winked rakishly, hoping to get a smile or a laugh or something out of the girl.

"In point of fact, I think virgin and baby sacrifices annoy them a lot. They do seem to enjoy sacrifices of beer and the cafeteria's mystery meat, however."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 pm
Looking completely flustered, Verabobbed her head again. "I'll keep that in mind," she offered finally, regaining some semblance of control over herself. However, at Jess's next comment, Vera went from nominally under control to complete bafflement. It might have been common gossip around the school - but who would have told Vera? There were only a few people she talked to, and they tended to keep conversations on 'safe' subjects.

"Um?" was all she said in reply. That didn't make any sense.

Who would want the cafeteria's mystery meat, seriously. Not even the stray cats who lingered off campus would touch it.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:44 am
Careful to not roll her eyes, Jess sighed softly. It figured that she'd be talking to someone without a sense of humor.

"I was playing, Vera," she explained, managing to not sound patronizing. "You seemed kind of... sad, I guess? I was just trying to cheer you up."

Yawning again, she began to put her newly acquired treasures back into the box. She was starting to feel tired and laying down sounded awfully good right now.

"Well, it's been a pleasure meeting and speaking with you, but sadly I need to go pass out for a few hours.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:57 pm
"Oh," Vera said, wrinkling her nose slightly. It hadn't been a very obvious joke, and she was very good at missing those, so it was no wonder the comment had passed her by entirely. And...sad? Perhaps, but that was not usually the emotion other people registered when looking at her. Determination and occasionally rage, sure.

"I should as well," the girl said as the last of the apple candy melted in her mouth. "Good night," she continued, turning to leave and head back to her room.

"Thanks," was the last thing Vera said before disappearing from the doorway.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:10 pm
Jess hoped that Vera heard her soft, "You're welcome." as she went to her own room. Well, even if she hadn't, Jess had a sure fire way of drawing Vera out. Grinning to herself, she made a note to be up a little earlier than usual in the morning. If she recalled correctly, there were a few apples left in the fridge. And she still has some cute ribbon somewhere in her room. She'd just leave a present for Vera outside her door before she woke up.

With that thought, Jess carefully put the box away and flumped into bed.

Past Events Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games