Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] A Meeting of the Young (Dareia x Harb)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 am
User Image
Noon. It was probably Dareia's least favorite time of day, and yet, here she was. Lying on the flat ground, she mumbled to herself about the cruelty of the sun and attempted to cover her eyes with her paws. "It burns," she said to herself, flicking the tip of her tail in slight irritation. Because of her immense love for the deep shadows that lay within the middle of the night, Dareia had become quite accustomed to the dark - growing farther and farther away from the life of the day. Which, quite frequently, it seemed, caused her eyes to get irritated quite quickly with the bright sunshine.

Peeking open one of her deep blue eyes, Dareia glanced about. There were a few cubs milling about with their caregives keeping a watchful eye on them; one or two of the cubs Dareia recognized as being related to her. Normally, she would prance up to one of the others and start up a conversation, but because the sun was being particularly bothersome today, she decided against it. If someone wanted to talk to her, it was up to them to strike a conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:53 am
User ImageHarb blinked a few times as he watched the little black and white female grumbling at the sun. What would someone be grumbling at the sun? True he wasn't as enamored with the sun as little Shahla, but he didn't hate it either. It felt good on his golden coat when he stretched out for a nap.

Deciding he had to know, Harb lept down from his perch to approach her. "Hello there! I'm Harb. Why are you growling at the sun?" He seemed clearly amused by her grumbling, his emerald eyes bright as he regarded her.

Keantha

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:56 am
Eyes widening in surprise, Dareia leaped up. She got in a defensive position as if ready to "attack" the one who frightened her, but upon seeing the other cub, let her muscles relax. "Hello," she said dragging out the word quite longer than needed. "I'm Dareia! Why am I growling at the sun? I think the better question is - why aren't you?" At this, she took on a smirk and looked to Harb triumphantly.

Dareia liked to think that that was a good answer, but really she couldn't think of anything better. She couldn't very well say that she preferred to be awake during the night, could she? He might think of her as a freak, and Dareia had so few friends as it was - but those were from lack of trying, right? Sometimes she wondered this, herself - which was why she didn't want to confide in Harb just yet; they'd just met, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:46 am
Harb just stared at the little girl for the longest time trying to figure out what in the world she was talking about. Why in the world would he be hissing at the sun? The cub kinda reminding him of his friend Shahla but only in looks. "Uh well..I like the sun. It feels good to stretch out and relax. I mean I don't -love- it or anything, but it's not a bad thing."

Sitting down, he curled his tail around his haunches, tilting his head as he watched her with a faint smile. " Besides my friend tells me that every sunrise is magical and special, I don't know about that but they seem to make her very happy so I guess that is ok."

Keantha

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:27 pm
Seeing the other cub relax and settle down, she took this as a sign that he meant no arm and assumed a standing position, then settles back on her haunches, wrapping her snow white tail around her comfortably. Dareia then shrugged and flicked her tail. "To each his... or her own, I guess. I prefer the mystery and the... the thrill that lies within the night." She grinned, flashing her pearly white teeth as she thought about the night that would come - perhaps she could practice pouncing mice? Stare at the stars? Or maybe she could twine herself another bracelet!

At Harba's statement, Dareia cocked her head. "Magical and special?" She scoffed lightly; "The sun just makes me angry - I prefer the night. Have you ever been up during the night?" She inquired curiously; maybe he'd never actually been up to experience the wonder of the night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am
Harb's emerald eyes turned dark and haunted as he looked away from her, " Yes...I am often up at night." Not willingly, no he was often jolted awake in a fit of terror from his visions, which wouldn't let him go back to sleep.

"Honestly I don't have a preference. There was wonderful things to be found in the daytime, just as there are beautiful sights to be seen at night." He shrugged smiling gently at the white female. "During the day you see flowers blooming, birds flying, can hear the sounds of life moving about you."

He smiled faintly, " But at night, the world is quiet and still. The stars paint the black sky with light and wonder. Twinkle bugs dance in the darkness."

Keantha

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm
Cocking her head at the strange, hallowed, far-away look that became in the other's eyes, she couldn't help but ask what was wrong. "Harb, why are you always up at night?" She knew that she had a problem, but she had grown to embrace her night-lurking as not a problem, but as some sort of a gift from the gods. It had forced her to come to love the night, but why did Harb seem to be shying away from it? Though he described a few of the wonders that the night held, he didn't seem too glad to be up at night all of the time.

Dareia found herself nodding softly at Harb's descriptions of the wonders of the night, but completely ignoring his comments on the daylight, and all it held. Though before she'd discovered her "problem" she'd been well-aquanted with the day and all its properties, she'd come to love the night more and more as the days wore on. "Eh, I suppose the day's okay, but I love the night so much more!" A twinkle appeared in her eye as she thought about the cool quietness that became of the world once the sun set; the modest twinkle of the many stars overhead. It was all extraordinary; and most of what Dareia thought wonderful in this world.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 pm
Harb laughed softly as he saw the twinkle in the other cub's eye, it was the same twinkle his sister Zar got when she was talking about some hair brained scheme, but his joy was short lived. Zar was afraid of him now, bolting from any area that he entered.

"Both have their good points and their bad points." He shrugged smiling gently at the female. "If you like the night, there is nothing wrong with that, but you might be lonely. Not all lions enjoy the night after all." He frowned as if thinking then brightened, " But I know a lot of leopards prefer to hunt at night! Maybe you should see about making a friend with some of them!"

Keantha

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff