[PRP] The Littlest Ones (Aziz'Din & Shahla) - FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 pm
User Image

Aziz'Din looked like he was simply dozing in the sun of the clear day. He wasn't far from his family den, just far enough that he could get direct sunshine but close enough that if he needed something, one of his mothers would hear. The den was full of cubs and it had given him a headache so he had been happy to be allowed out for a little while, plus in this position he could see some of the other pride members. Aziz'Din loved watching the pride members, there was something fascinating about them all. So many different stories. Plus, he wanted to learn all he could about the other members while he was still young.

Stretching, Din yawned and had to fight to keep his eyes even partially open. He was very close to falling asleep and that would defeat the purpose of trying to watch the other pride members. Unable to help himself, Din curled up further and allowed the sun to warm his fur.

"Stop trying to make me sleepy, sunshine," he said firmly, as if he were trying to tell off the sun. When the sun didn't reply, he simply yawned and snuggled down further. He'd just nap for a little while, then he'd return to pride watching.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shahla had been sleeping soundly, enjoying the warmth from being wrapped closely between a sister and brother. She did all she could to cuddle close to them and leech toff the body heat they created but somehow she was still cold, as if one of them had left her side. Opening on dark blue eye to investigate she noticed that her brother was now gone. Both eyes were now wide with terror. He brother was missing! Sitting up rather quickly the little cub searched around the den hoping that maybe he had just moved to another area.

No where in sight, her heart raced at this revelation. They were the youngest of all the children, they had to stick together!

Picking herself up, Shahla, quickly stumbled towards the entrance of the den. Maybe he would be out there somewhere. Resting under the hot sun, perhaps? Her ears were perked for any sudden sounds that could possibly lead to her to her brother. Each step closer towards the outside felt hotter and hotter, her little paw pads uncomfortable with the quick shift from cool to blazing. “Aziz'Dinnnn?” She called squinting around the area as her little black body was suddenly engulfed with the blaze of heat.

The outside was not exactly what she had expected, or wanted for that matter. It was hot and uncomfortable, and the way the heat clung to her black fur, ugh. Her ears slumped, where was her brother? She scanned the area again and spotted a figure on the ground. Was that her brother? Racing towards it without questioning anything she slowly smiled. It was her brother, she had finally found him.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:33 pm

It was so nice and warm in the sun. It was like his mother was curled around him and was keeping him warm but it was so much better than that. He murmured sleepily when he heard his named called in the distance, a light sleeper despite his obvious contentment. He recognized that voice, he realised dimly as he snuggled further down into the ground. Where did he know that voice from? It wasn't his mother, and it was far too feminine for his father. Was it one of his other mothers? Hmmm, no. It wasn't.

He heard the sound of paws on the ground as someone moved closer to him, making him shift and his eyes flutter open. Glancing back, he spotted his baby sister. His only younger sibling, since he was the youngest boy so far. He squinted, “Shahla?”
With a start, he realised he had actually fallen asleep, ears dropping in embarrassment he jumped to his feet, trying to pass of his nap as having been stalking something on the ground. “What are you doing out of the den, Shahla? Do mothers know where you are?” Din tended to refer to their mother and her sisters as 'mothers' because it was just easier that way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:26 am
Shahla had taken a seat as she watched her brother roll about before suddenly jumping up. She wondered if he had been sleeping but wouldn't say anything out loud about it just in case it would embarrass him. Why was he out of the den napping, surely he wouldn't be doing something like that. Her tail flicked back and forth pleasantly, enjoying the warm dirt.

Her face was full of shock as she realized what she had done. Would she be scolded for leaving without asking, would she be beat? She had heard stories of females being beat for not doing what they were told to do. “N-No.” She whispered as her head hung low to the ground. She had done something bad, surely she would be punished for it. “I was scared you were lost though...” Her left paw rubbed at the dirt, attempting to calm her now pulsing nerves. All she wanted to do was make sure her brother was alright, maybe they would all understand and not scold her for it, maybe they wouldn't even notice her gone? "...I am in trouble, huh?" her litte ears stuck fast to her head as she looked at her brother.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Aziz'Din stared down at Shahla, not phased by her shock. She had to realise what she had done was silly. Sure, Din had gone out on his own but their mother had known where he was going. A young Banu out on her own was in much more danger then a young Pesar was.

Unfortunately, Shahla was one of the few Aziz'Din felt particularly protective of. He cared for all his siblings but Shahla was his baby sister, and seeing her looking so sad and worried. He sighed. He raised a paw, and hit her lightly on the head. It was just a mildly disapproving action, not intended to hurt, jut to warn.

“Just don't do it again, okay Shahla? You're not in trouble but you could have gotten hurt.” He said, giving her a frown before letting it fade away. “But you're with me, so I'm sure mothers won't mind. Now, cheer up.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:29 pm
Shahla had winced, readying herself for a good wallop, only to feel a soft thud on her head. Opening one eye slowly then the other she stared up at her brother, slightly confused but relieved. She knew why he had hit her on the head, but she still held respect from him. What would have happened if the ball on the ground wasn't her brother but a stranger, a cub napper even! He really did care about her, only hitting her lightly in a warning for doing something so stupid. Smiling lightly at the thought her tail lightly shifted from side to side. She wanted to pounce on him in excitement but kept the emotions bottled up.

"I-I-" She watched him before shutting her mouth for a moment and then chirping. "Thanks! I will think more before I act, Aziz!" There was no trace of sadness on her face. What would sadness do for her? She was cared for and wasn't in trouble, her luck was looking up after all. Picking herself up from the ground she stared across the lands. It really was big, the pride. So many lions and lioness to meet and care for. She was excited for her time to be given to her Pad, to care for him and his.

"I am thankful." She whispered lightly. "Thankful brother Aziz cares for me." her face was glowing , sapphire eyes glittering as she turned to look back at her brother. Her favorite brother.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Aziz'Din smiled slightly as his baby sister perked up, glad to see that sad look was gone from her face. She'd understood why he'd hit her, it was the only way she'd learn and remember but he was glad she didn't hate him because of it. Usually it was their mother and father's job to discipline the cubs but Din was happy to step up and help out, especially when it came to Shahla. She had so much potential as a banu, or even a beybanu if she played the game right.

“Good girl,” he said, hoping she would think before she acted more. There were so many things that could go wrong, especially to a young sweet girl like Shahla. Aziz'Din acted tough and that he would become a well known, respected Pad but he melted when he was around his sisters. They were some of the most important features in his life.

“I'm always going to care for you, Shahla,”
Aziz'Din said, almost teasingly, “even when you're given away and have your own little cubs to worry about.” He nudged her playfully, allowing himself to act like a cub for a little while. He'd go back to be respectful and adult-like when he practiced being a Pad again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:30 pm
Shahla stared oddly at her brother, confused if the heat was getting to him or something. He was never this mushy, never, ever, ever! Lifting her paw she lightly poked him just to make sure it really was him and not an illusion she had made up in her head. "Is... the heat getting to you or something?" She looked at him intently, making sure he was really alright. "My brother is never that mushy." She stuck out at him, teasing him lightly. Maybe the teasing would get him to stop acting crazy. Although it really did mean a lot to her that she was thought of that way by him. it meant a whole lot.

"It does mean a lot though."
Her voice was soft, tender even. She always had mixed thoughts about being given to a pad. Like, what if he wasn't kind be fooled her father into making him think he was. What if he... beat her. "Sometimes it scares me, I wanna be the best I can be to whomever I end up with, but what if..." She looked at him but smiled, she wasn't gonna frown about it, she had to make everyone around her happy. It would help her be happy after all.

"So.. Why were you laying on the ground like that?"
She attempted to change the topic so her brother wouldn't be disturbed by her emotions. She knew she shouldn't have brought it up, but she felt safe talking with him. He would be there for her after all.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Aziz'Din rolled his eyes slightly when he saw his sister get confused. Just because Din didn't go all 'look it's a pretty flower, I'm so happy' didn't mean he wasn't allowed to have his soft moments. For a moment, he felt awkward when she eyed him, but he relaxed when she teased him, making him scoff. He lifted himself up, holding himself as he had practiced, trying to make himself look bigger and more dominant. “I can be mushy if I want, I'm the male here. I decide what I want to do.” It was a poor defense, and was more like a joke as he hid a grin at her.

He shifted a little as her voice softened and she responded seriously to him. It was uncomfortable. He wasn't even sure why he had told her that. It was true though, of course it was. He'd do anything for his sisters and he always thought they knew they. Maybe Shahla hadn't?
“Tell you want,” Aziz'Din said impulsively, “if you get scared when you're with your pad when you're older, you come to me, okay?” He puffed out his chest, trying to pass it off as bravado, not him just being soft. “I won't let you get hurt.”

Aziz'Din was a little thrown when Shahla changed the subject so abruptly but recovered easily. “I was hunting,” he lied pleasantly. “Serious work, you know. Got to know how to take care of myself, especially when I have to leave the pride on my quest.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm
She did know that he would always protect, her, but she was also realistic. He would probably be doing his own things by the time he was an adult, tending his own family; he wouldn’t have time to be rescuing her from her pad. Shahla smile none the less, it made her feel so warm to be loved by her big brother. “I didn’t think you would brother, I know you will always be there.” She smiles softly towards him before looking out into the distance again.

A brow quirked at her sibling as he lied to her about what he had been doing, he could have at least came up with a better excuse for his sleeping than that! Holding a laugh in her, she smirked fully, watching him. “Did the cricket trip you are something?” She couldn’t hold her laughter back any longer and soon, light, tinkling laughter from the blue-eyed cub danced across the pride.

“Brother Aziz you are so amusing! “ She cooed, calming down from her fits of laughter. He was rather funny, and she hoped he would never lose his amusing personality t adulthood. It was something that made Aziz, well, Aziz. “Keep it up.”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:02 pm

He knew she didn't believe him. He didn't even believe him. In his mind, he wanted to be the best Pad ever, which meant when he was older, he was going to be busy. Would have have time for Shahla? Of course he would, he tried to tell himself, but he didn't know. His baby sister was important but, could he really save her if she needed him? He didn't know. “Know that I'd want to be there at least,” he said simply before changing the subject.

Shifting in embarrassment as his sister saw through his lie, he huffed. “Oh...be quiet, Banu.” He raised his paw and whacked her lightly, not meant to hurt but more as a playful move. “You're not meant to call my lie, just pretend you didn't notice.” He sniffed, “and as if a cricket could best me.”

He pretended to look insulted. He rarely joked around and never around anyone other than family, but Shahla was different. “You want me to keep being a laughing-stock of the pride?” He knew what she'd meant but he wanted to hear her laugh again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:32 pm
Shahla couldn’t stop smiling, even as she took the hit, she knew that she wasn’t supposed to poke fun at the males, but this was her brother. Her nearest and dearest brother as well, she wasn’t going to be as closed as she normally would. “I know that, I just wanted to pick on you is all brother Aziz!” she giggled some more as he dramatized being offended by her joke.

“I dunnooooo…” She picked herself up, smirking harder at him. Maybe a cricket could best him, they were after all, very fast jumpers.

It was nice, being able to be a little free minded, she still respected her brother and knew what her boundaries were, but she knew she could still be a cub, and a little girl at that. It was her time to enjoy having fun and enjoy her days, getting out all the odds and ends before she started pushing herself to be the best. To make sure everyone she would be happy and safe. She wanted to be that kind of lioness, the one everyone depended on and the one that made her father proud.

Her wind-chime of a laugh sung into the air again at his statement. Of course she wouldn’t want something like that; she wanted him to be cheerful was all. Closing the gap between the two she smooshed his face between her two paws lightly. “Of course not brother Aziz, I just want you be happy and lighthearted. Don’t take things real seriously… cause then… you would be boring. Don’t lose sight on happiness just to impress. “ She let her paws fall to the dirt; she wanted to be both serious, but teasing as well. She knew he wouldn’t really allow others to see his bright side, but she didn’t ever want to lose sight of it as well, as selfish as that seemed. Plus, she knew for a fact his banu would love this side of him as well.

“You are going to make father very proud of you.”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 am

“It's not nice to pick on people, Shahla,” he retorted lightly, without malice. He did the same to her, so he couldn't really complain. The little comments and jokes built up between them, making it easy to interact when around each other.

“I could take on a cricket with ease,” he protested, a little less lightly now. He was working on his hunting, but he didn't seem to be getting better. It was a little bit of a sore spot for him, since he knew he had to know how to hunt if he wanted to successful capture a Banu when he was older. How would he be able to fend for himself if he couldn't even capture a cricket properly. Sure, he'd captured a few but not nearly as much as he wanted.

Aziz'Din pulled a face as she smooshed his face between her paws, narrowing his eyes but not pulling away. Shahla was always a playful soul, but around him, she could really break free. He felt the same, the pride was stiffling at times as much as he adored it. He was to be the best Pad ever, and it was a lot of pressure. Shahla never seemed to care whether he acted like a dork or a Pad.
AT her words, he gentled pulled his face from her paws. “Being a Pad is serious work. I need to be strong and feared within the pride. I can't take everything too light heartedly.” He looked at her, his eyes loosing all the softness of before. “You understand, don't you Shahla? You can't tell anyone about any of this.” His reputation would be ruined before he'd even begun to start to build it.

“You think?” He asked, before he could stop himself before shaking his head and puffing out his chest, “I mean, I know I will...You will too, I just know it.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am
Her ears fell at his comment, she was not trying to be mean, just tease, but it did seem a touchy subject to him. Smiling halfheartedly at her brother her dark fur glistened in the shine of the sun. “I know you will be a great hunter, Aziz. Maybe you should practice with someone though?” Maybe they could learn the arts of hunting. She would have to learn to hunt as well, to be able to support her Pad and his other banu. She had to be strong, and fast, quiet and striking.

“We could teach eachother….” She looked over at a dried piece of wood, eyeing it up. They could practice with that, taking turns throwing and catching it. It was the perfect size after all, almost the size of a large rodent.

Shahla stared at her brother, she knew that fear was power, but that wasn’t the only way to gain power. Nor was it the best way to gain power, revolt happens, hate happens. You have to be careful when trying to be powerful. Looking towards the ground Shahla didn’t say anything else about it, he wasn’t going to understand and that was final. Raising her eyes to his and just made a slight nod to him. He was going to lose his secret playfulness to adulthood, but what would replace it?

“Words of this will never be brought up, brother Aziz. I rather be killed than allow my brother to live in shame.” And she did give him her word; she wouldn’t speak of their games and their times of play. They would be her secret memories to smile and laugh over when he became an adult. Something to always look back and remember.

“I do think. You will be better than most.” Her tail twitched as she spoke. She wasn’t lying about it; she just knew he would amount to something great. “…and thanks. I hope I do become something worth keeping.”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Practice with someone. He hadn't thought of that before. He had been so focused on becoming the best he could be by himself but someone else would be useful. They could tell him what he was doing wrong and help him improve faster, so he wouldn't waste so much time on learning to hunt. He perked up at that comment, looking more excited than before about the idea of hunting.

Blinking in surprise when she mentioned that she would help, he was glad. If he messed up in front of Shahla, she would just laugh it off. Of course he'd still be embaressed but at least she wouldn't make a big deal out of it.
“I'm sure I could teach you a thing or two,” he boasted lightly, knowing she would teach him something in return. “What did you have in mind?”

Aziz'Din knew he had said something wrong when she stared at the ground and stayed silent but he didn't take back what he said. He was going to be powerful and one day he'd show Shahla that it was all worth it. Playfulness was useless if it was the only thing he was. He had to be strong and serious and make his father proud.
Thank you Shahla,” he said quietly. He nudged her lightly on her shoulder, in further thanks.

“Anyone who doesn't believe you're worth keeping is crazy,” he announced simply, without any drama. He was serious and tilted his jaw up proudly. All of his sisters were worth it, every last one and any Pad who didn't see that was crazy in Aziz'Din's eyes.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff