Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm
User Image

The day had just begun and already Moyo was out and about trying to find something that would really impress Neph, his step sister. The two juve's had been friends since cub hood and Moyo was finding time and time again she was who he would turn to the most out of their little family. Mashaka was gone now and had been like a big brother figure, but now Neph was his mentor.

Kinda.

Moyo never blushed or felt the need to show off infront of Mashaka.

Now the cub found him self sniffing around the tall savanna looking for something to bring back to neph. Maybe something he could kill and show her how brave he was. Yeah, if he could get his jaws around a hare....

The juve sat and pondered just what would be the best gift for a lioness like Neph. Something she'd really like. It seemed the pondering cub had forgotten the dangers of being in the grass lands alone as he pondered all defenses down. Sure, his family was some what close by, but he was still a lone cub out here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:06 pm
User Image

Kavu was hunting.

Low to the ground, the white lion prowled through some tall grass, keeping himself one with the earth so not even the sound of his paws touching the dirt could be detected by his prey. His grace was obvious- the lightness of his feet quite surprising considering the size of his frame. As much as he wanted to growl, so caught up in the pleasure of his hunt, he kept mute as he drew steadily closer to his unassuming victim.

It had no idea its time had come. One step at a time, the lion was soon close enough to strike, body tensing as his muscles pushed themselves into position. Hunching down, tail wagging slowly, it took but a moment more before his claws were launching forward, body propelled by his powerful back legs.

The dragonfly didn’t stand a chance.

Laughing merrily, Kavu sat himself down against the earth, batting the now dead bug with a victorious smirk. So it wasn’t the mighty kill he had been day-dreaming about; at least he knew his skills were in tact. As soon as he found some real food, he would be ready. Ears perking, the white animal turned his head, noting a much younger lion nearby. “Hey!” he hummed, “I didn’t see you there. Did you see me catch that bug just now?!”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 pm
Moyo's ears perked up hearing another male voice. He turned his head to see a big white green lion with an interesting marking on his back. The cub stood and tried to make sense of what he just heard. 'Did you see me catch that bug just now?!' just wasn't something you heard a grown up ask a cub often.

The cub smiled and took a few paw steps forward, a little hesitant at first.

"Bug?" The mighty kill of the dragon fly he had completely missed being so caught up in his own head about what he was going to get Neph. How the heck he missed a huge white and green lion was beyond even him. It didn't matter now looking up at the lion. Moyo , feeling bold, took a few more paw steps forward to get a closer look at said bug.

From the looks of the bug, it had once been a dragonfly. Now it was just dead on the floor and an object. Moyo blinked and looked from the dragonfly to the big lion. The juve had to hold his laughter. The image was just to funny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:39 pm
Kavu seemed pleased with himself, though it wasn’t so much because of the bug he had more or less splattered against the ground anymore. Rather, he was pleased that this little cub he had met was clearly confused, maybe even amused by what he was looking at. It wasn’t like Kavu was so out of touch with reality that he didn’t get that he wasn’t the most mature lion out there. Still, he believed he was more mature than reality dictated, so he wasn’t completely clear-headed either.

So long as he was happy, did it matter how he acted around others?

“You seem a little young to be wandering around on your own,” he observed in an almost desperate attempt to sound just a little more adult, “is your family around here somewhere?” God, he hoped so. He was terrible in panic situations. If this little guy ended up lost or something, he knew he’d be the one sobbing about it before the night fell.

“Oh! And my name is Kavu. Sorry, I probably should have introduced myself before asking any questions..”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:48 pm
Moyo eyed the lion and then the dragonfly and then back to the lion. Clearly, Moyo was a very confused lion. The question about the where a bouts of his family just made everything all that more confusing for the young juve.

All Moyo could muster was a "Huh?" and head tilt. It took a moment for the juve to have his head stop spinning. When it did stop spinning the cub couldn't help but stare at the snake like marking.

"Moyo," He muttered looking back up into Kavu's miss matched eyes, "Moyo," The boy repeated with a bit more of a friendly tone. "My families close by. I'm just out here looking for something special for my friend. I want to impress my friend and show her how awesomely brave I am," He puffed his chest out proud of him self all out here in the savanna on his own.

"What about you," Moyo crept closer keeping his eyes on Kavu's. "You kill the dragonfly for a friend or were you just bored?" Moyo gestured toward the clearly dead dragon fly with one of his paws. An amused smirk found its way on the juve's maw. The boy just couldn't hide his pure amusement that an adult was proud of a dragonfly. Clearly Moyo was terrible at reading others and clearly Moyo was on the naive side of things. In his early child hood many vultures and meerkats would give him wrong directions and play tricks on him. The boy had wised up some but he still believed most things not really scratching deeper then the surface.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:59 pm
“I’ll have you know,” Kavu replied in a teacher-like tone, “that I was practicing my skills as a hunter. It might be easy for little cubs to catch dragonflies, but they’re a lot smaller to adult lions! I was checking to see if I could catch one out of the air by getting my aim right and everything.” No, that was a load of crap. He had been playing around and had caught the dragonfly in a moment of reliving his childhood. It had only been after that he’d thought about how it was a show of his hunting skills.

The thought hadn’t even surfaced when he was acting on his impulses.

“But it is pretty cool, right? Those little guys aren’t easy to catch when they’re flying around!” He was happy talking to the cub- another adult probably would have called him an idiot already. Wouldn’t have been the first time, anyway.

“So you’re looking for something to impress your girlfriend?” Kavu asked, just a little bit of a teasing nature in his tone as he smiled at the smaller male, “well that’s good! Showing off how brave you are… you’d have to bring back the pelt of some kind of fearsome animal to prove that! I could help you, if you want. I mean, I’m all big and strong and stuff. You wouldn’t have to tell your little girl about it, of course.” He was happy to help a young cub in love.

Which he now assumed the other to be and wouldn’t hear any protests on the matter. The animal was pretty quick with his judgments sometimes. Something he actually managed to pick up from his father naturally, rather than something he trained himself to do in order to impress his old man.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:08 pm
Now that made total sense to the cub. Kavu was a hunter just trying to brush up on his skills. Now that Moyo thought about it, being bigger must have made insect hunting alot harder.

"You're a great hunter?" Hook line and sinker, Moyo was sold. "Forget the present right now! You can teach me how to be a great hunter like you and I can show off in front of Neph!" His ears were perked and a clear look of excitement rested on the cubs face. Kavu knew what he was talking about after all. He was a big strong lion who took down a dragonfly despite them being so small.

"So you train me up and I'll kill something for Neph in front of her and she'll be so impressed," Oh this was a great plan. There seemed to be no flaw in it. "So so so , you'll help me right right?" The juve bounced from side to side, wiggling his rear like a dog might, every time he landed. He was so excited it hurt his chest to think of the thinks Kavu could teach him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:28 pm
“Well I don’t know about great,” Kavu said modestly, beaming at the thought of being worthy of such a title. If he could be a great hunter that would really show his father. Not to mention his brother, who seemed to think he was the litter favorite. Couldn’t be the favorite if you weren’t the best hunter!

Watching the cub bounce around, he wondered if he was getting himself into a bit of trouble. What if he didn’t know how to be a very good teacher? It wasn’t like he was a master hunter yet. He was still practicing his skills on bugs.

Hm.

“Well… I’m not going to be around here for a long time,” he said, “I’m just exploring right now. But I could teach you a little bit of what I know. I mean, if you’re able to kill anything I’m sure she’d be impressed! I could teach you how to catch rabbits or something. All on your own.”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:55 pm
Moyo was still pretty excited even though Kavu wasn't going to be around for a long time. Might as well milk his knowledge for all he could get out of it.

"Rabbits eh?" The cub had come out here to bring something back to Neph and a rabbit wasn't a bad gift. Rabbits were tasty snacks and maybe he could make something out of the fur. Thu juve thought it over and then finally shook his head yes. "Sure lets do it. You can teach me with your amazing skills and in no time I'll be impressing Neph."

Now all they needed was a rabbit and the lesson could begin. Or better yet, a meerkat. Those little bastards had tricked him into going the wrong way plenty of times. A small devil like smirk sprouted on Moyos maw that really didn't suit a cub his age.

"What about a meerkat?" The cub was just tossing the idea out there, "I know where a whole bunch of those bastards are and I'd love to wrap my fangs around one of those nutters." He felt him self kneading his claws into the dirt. Ohhoho, revenge.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:03 pm
“A meerkat wouldn’t be a bad idea!” Kavu replied. He’d caught both hares and meerkats before, so he didn’t mind the thought of hunting them in an attempt to teach the boy a thing or two about hunting. Though, he did have a sudden thought that made him stall a moment. It probably wouldn’t be a big deal, but he didn’t want to get in trouble with any parents.

“Do you think you should ask you father for hunting help instead of me?” he asked after a moment, “I mean, I think teaching a kid how to hunt properly is something a father really likes to do. I don’t want to take that away from him..” He knew his father had loved playing the teacher. It was the only time he seemed to like being around his kids.

If he taught this cub, and the father didn’t get to, then he would be kind of a jerk, wouldn’t he?

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:11 pm
Moyo tilted his head, he didn't have a father that he knew of but he had a step dad. Thinking about it more the bigger lion was right. His step father probably would prefer to teach him then have a stranger teach him.

Moyo frowned.

"I suppose you're right," He sat down letting his tail wrap around his front paws, "I should probably go ask dad first huh?"

The juve hopped to his feet and stretched, "Well I'll go do that now then, " The cub smiled, "But next time I meet up with you, I'm gonna be a better hunter and we can practice on dragonflies together," With that Moyo turned his back on Kavu and began strutting back the direction he had originally came. Back to his small 'pride' and back to learn about hunting.

Moyo looked back over his shoulder at Kavu and cried out , "And I'll catch more dragonflies then you!" With a playful chuckle the cub vanished in the savanna grass. Mainly because he was so short you couldn't see him with the tall grass swallowing him up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:19 pm
Kavu felt very proud of himself. If he did say so himself, that was a very adult thing for him to think of and he hadn’t had any help in coming up with it. Who said he was immature? Nodding slowly, he watched as the growing cub seemed to come to understand his thought and agree with it, the confirmation only making the larger animal that much more pleased with himself.

He kicked so much a** it was amazing that not every had sore butts.

At the challenge, he laughed in a good-natured way. “We’ll see about that!” he replied with as much conviction, “I’m pretty damn good already, and you’ve got a lot of catching up to do! But we will meet again, don’t you worry, and I’ll take you up on your challenge for sure!” It would be fun to meet up with the lion again. Lately it felt like he was making promises to meet others again, but never actually getting to. This time it would be different. There was a promise to keep!

Once he saw the cub was gone, Kavu turned back in the direction he had come, heading off to see what else the rogue lands had to offer him.

And maybe to find some more dragonflies. He would have to practice a lot more if he was going to win their contest in the future.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas