Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Alice in Wonderland Based Manga Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kat Cynric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:18 pm
There's a bunch out there but two that i have found that are largely based on Alice in Wonderland are

Pandora Heart's

and

Heart no Kuni No Alice (Which is the closest I've found so far, it's new)

Any thought's on them?

Any other manga/anime that has a base with Alice in Wonderland?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:25 pm
I absolutely adore Pandora Hearts and Heart no Kuni no Alice is the complete shizz! I'm impatient waiting for scan updates, tehe.

I do know of another one that's very AiW related called Heart no Kuni de Ocha Kai. It's a short little shojo series and it makes me smile, though it's not as intense/dark as either of the above. Still, it's worth a read if you've got the Alice bug. *nodnod*

I've also heard Alice 19th is very AiW like, but I haven't read enough of it yet to confirm or deny it. ^_^;

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Kat Cynric

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:03 pm
I've actually read Alice 19th, it does not have much if any Alice in Wonderland references but it's a good read if you're into an actiony love story.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:07 pm
Ahh... okies, thanks for the confirmation. ^_^ I've only read the first chapter and was going on references, so my bad. XD

I've been looking for more... I'm sure there are more out there, I just can't think of any. Which is strange, now that I think of it, because it seems like every manga manages at least AiW-esque art. It's a relatively popular theme, yes?

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:57 pm
the best one i have found is the devil may cry 3 manga they have the mad hatter and alice in it smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:45 pm
Really? Wow, that's cool... is it like a story arch or something that they highlight or does it become the actual theme somehow? It sounds interesting!  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Frieir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:30 pm
Heart no Kuni No Alice
is the best!
when it was frist posted on One Manga it was the om rank of like 900
It like is now in the 100!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:55 pm
Amen to that! But waaaah, I'm so happy! Pandora Hearts Volume 1 has been released in America! I scurried out and bought my copy today... it's weird reading it in something other then awkwardly phrased English, Haha! XD  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Miss Macabre Grey

8,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 am
The Kingdom Hearts one manga, perhaps? I cannot remember but the game had AiW....(crappy Disney version of it, at least)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:19 pm
Why does everyone dislike the Disney version, I wonder..? They did a relatively good job with it considering the time period the movie was released. Plus Disney opened up AiW's licensing, so that always makes me scratch my head. ^_^;

Oooh, you're right, Miss Macabre! I don't know what's been with me and forgetting Kingdom Hearts recently. @_@;; You're right; in the last half of the first KH manga they end up in Wonderland. ^_^ I love the Cheshire Cat in it; he's so darn sneaky!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm
I wish people would stop saying that about the Disney movie, I love it, it was the first version of AiW I ever saw and I will hold no other movie adaption higher than it...

So there! XD

On topic though, I really need to read some of these manga's, my sister has the KH one, I skimmed through it but haven't actually read it yet. o_O  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:42 pm
Yes, I agree 100%! I understand not liking a movie for a specific reason, but come on... ^_^;

On TOPIC, (to continue that theme XD), you really should read them! They're really interesting... I downloaded Heart from a site I'll have to hunt down for you, but here are the scans for Pandora Hearts, hosted by Manga Fox. And I have to remind anyone who reads them to support Jun Mochizuki by buying the manga when you find it. XD

Now to go back and see if I can remember where I found Heart no Kuni no Alice... *rummages*

Edit:
Foooound it! Here is where I found the Heart no Kuni no Alice scans... they are downloadable files instead of page through reads like Manga Fox. Just to let you know..! ^_^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:54 pm
Wow, I'll have to check these out properly when I get the time, thanks for the links. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm
No problem! Checking up on them made me realize I was multiple chapters behind in Alice. XD  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

De-Throned Queen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:41 pm
User ImageI seriously need to start reading... ninja  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games