Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
American McGee's Alice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:17 pm
Glad you liked the screenies. ^_^

I've got to the end of the game, but not without help. XD I'm not so great when it comes to platformers (more of a RPG person), and I found some levels difficult.

However favourite part of the game would have to be...hmmm...level-wise I liked the Fortress of Doors (had a scary vortex thing, and flying doors and stuff), Pale Realm (checkered sky!), Crazed Clockwork (you can probably guess why, but I felt sorry for the Dormouse and March Hare O_O) and Machinations (gear and cog jumping? XD).

Boss-wise, the Hatter and Jabberwock. Hatter because of the actual boss-stage...flying clocks and stuff, and Jabberwock just because it was the Jabberwock! o_O

And cut-scenes...that would be spoilerific really... ^_^

Oh the music was really nice too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:32 pm
Ahhh... cool beans! Wow, you already got through it... even with help, it takes me ages to get through video games. I think I have a video game affiliated disability, though nothing has been confirmed. XD

Wahaha, yaaay Jabberwock... I think I'm going to name my first born son Jabberwock. Just for giggles. XD

Gah, I'm getting all inspired to find this game now... despite the fact that I'll surely fail at it. XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:54 pm
I myself think Jabberwock is a perfectly normal name! XD I now wish I had named my cat 'Sir Cat of Cheshire'. o_O However I still have three snakes to name, maybe I can give one of them a Wonderland-like name.

And yes, finding this game is a great idea! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:00 pm
I think so too! : D Though can you imagine learning how to spell that in kindergarten..? XD

Yeees... I wonder if there are any more games like it out there? With AiW being as popular as it is you'd think there would be... *scratches head*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 pm
At least with being called Jabberwock, you'd have the coolest name there! XD

I'm unsure if there are any other Wonderland games, there's probably something Disney related, other than just KH maybe.

Apparently a sequel to McGee's is coming out next year...or a remake, or something.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 pm
Indeed!

Yeah... I tried to find some online, but all I could find were dress up games. Which, you know, are fine after a while... but I want something more interactive. *le sigh* I know there's a Japanese game that centers on AiW, but I have no way of ever getting my hands on it, lol. ^_^

You know, I think I've heard that somewhere too.. nothing official, though. I think a sequel would do well for them, wishful thinking or not. XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:21 pm
A sequel would be cool...but...wow, spoilerific time I think...there is a happy ending to McGee's Alice, why would there be a sequel? o_O

I didn't know there was a Japanese AiW game. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:11 pm
Does it? I never reached the end, so I have no idea. XD But who knows with these sorts of things; seems to me like they can jump off of anything and make another plot, lol. ^_^;

Yeah, there is... I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and it feels like something I'm going to kick myself over when I finally remember it... X_X;;;

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:12 pm
Yeah, apparently it's going to be released on PS3, 360 and PC.

Ah, that's okay, though if you do remember it, do tell. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:27 pm
I've been reading the posts for a little while, and they've relased the teaser for the sequel

It's gonn abe called, "Return of Alice"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PfegxX1ls&feature=player_embedded  

Johnny Graves

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:47 pm
Hey thanks for posting that. ^_^ Are all the cutscenes going to be in stop-animation, or is that just for the trailer? Guess we'll just have to wait till more information comes out about it.

I thought the game was going to be released next year, seems like it's going to be longer now. Maybe we'll get the movie first? XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm
That would be intresting to see, stop animation,

that hasn't been used in a while, if at all  

Johnny Graves

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Ooh! That looks very cool. I want to know why she went into a relapse.... That's the problem with Wonderland trailers-- they always leave you hanging....

And I love that stop motion. It reminds me of Ray Harryhausen's stuff from way back. That guy was a freaking genius... If they did all the cutscenes with that technique I would probably die of Happy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:12 pm
I have no idea if it's been used in a video game before. o_O

Anyways, I want more information about this game. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:15 pm
@ Eone: I shall!

Oooh... cool! I'll be fiercely on the lookout for it, then! *nodnod*

@ The Mad Emperor: I think I love you! *_* Thanks so much for finding the link; that's superly cool! That being said, I don't think it's the official trailer; some of the viewer quotes are supposedly from the creator saying it's fan affiliated somehow. Apparently from Twitter? I don't have a twitter account so I have no idea. >_>; That would be really interesting it the cut scenes were in that style though... very cool!

@ Night-Night: Hmm... good point. I'd never thought about it before, but you're right.

I wonder if one will be used as some sort of promotional for the other? That would be interesting...

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games