Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Way out Wahdj [Xbala/Tesni]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 pm
It was a long way out from the temple complex that Tesni called home, but worth the walk from there or from the rogue lands. Surrounded by dry desert on all sides, the green Wahdj Oases were a lush haven. Pools of fresh water, a surprising glut of small wildlife and plenty of shade either under the trees or in the small scraps of ruin hidden aroundabouts. The lioness couldn't help but think - what else could one ask for in a place?

She lay by the largest pool, tail twitching lazily and eyes half lidded against the afternoon sun. It was such a relaxing place to be. After all her work this morning and the walk here as well, it was good just to chill out. Normally Macheo would be out here with her, the brown maned wolf snuffling down by the water or flopped beside her happily. But not today.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:30 pm
The desert was a strange place, but Xbalanque had learned long ago that strangeness wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was certainly a change from the wide open savannahs that he was used to. There were no grasses or faint trees in the distance, only sand as far as the eye could see. Or at least, that was what he'd thought when he's first made the trek into the desert. The lion had certainly not expected to find a pride of lions, well adapted to living in a harsh place such as this. It was because of them that he was still here. Why stay with what he was familiar with when he could explore somewhere new?

Though it was afternoon, the lion had journeyed back to the place where it had all began. He had stopped to take a break from his travels at the Wahdj Oases, whereupon he had met Tesni of the Dawnwalkers. The place was far from the temple, but peaceful in a way that reminded him of his homeland. As he crested the hill, Xbalanque was not entirely surprised to see Tesni resting near one of the pools.

"Good afternoon," he greeted, settling down a polite distance away from the Dawnwalker princess. "Enjoying the shade?"

Chibi Sheepcat

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:59 pm
Her ears swivelled his direction first, with her head following, and as he neared she leisurely sat up. The princess beamed at the black and white male – she’d enjoyed his company since their first meeting out here at the Wahdj. He managed to treat her with the right level of respect as crown princess, something Tesni appreciated. Tesni didn't have any inflated ego but she'd been raised to know her rank. And Xbalanque didn’t skirt around her like she was made of glass or might suddenly order him to be thrown to cobras. But he also didn’t act as if she were any old young huntress.

He'd said he was the son of some sort of vizier, an advisor, in his homeland before. That was probably why he was so polite. Though he also had given her the impression of being an intelligent sort of lion so maybe he’d just figured it out. He seemed interested in the culture of her pride and was no fool.

“Yes, it is most refreshing. And it is good to see you, friend Xbalanque. How are things with you?” She asked cordially.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:09 am
Tesni's smile was returned with one of his own as the lion got comfortable. She was an interesting lioness, and it was for that reason that he wished to pursue a friendship with her. It was likely that many did not seek her out for such reasons, no doubt because of her status in the pride. But from what he had seen, Tesni was not the type of fickle princess, whose moods changed faster than the beating of a hummingbird's wing. There was an awareness of rank around her, possibly pride in her position, but Xbalanque would not say she was arrogant. She simply knew who and what she was. It was a refreshing concept.

"I am well. It is taking me perhaps longer than I originally estimated to get used to the feel of sand beneath my paws. I believe it may be challenging for me to hunt at this stage, but it is an obstacle that only needs practice to overcome." He flexed his toes against the sand as he spoke. It was harder to run when the terrain moved underneath you, sending you slipping and sliding unless you knew how to balance. "The pride, however, has provided me with many tips and tricks to help me in my endeavours, and for that I am very grateful. How about yourself?"

Chibi Sheepcat

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:24 am
“I am well too, feeling wonderfully refreshed for my time out here, though my fur is still scented from the wood in the temple. I helped drag a new branch in and the old out.” They might not have fire to burn incense or torches to light up their temples, but they had found their ways over the generations to make their temples sacred and special anyway. The wood came from the overgrown gardens and was oily, gave off a fragrance that they could smell. It perfumed the rooms – and those who helped carry it, the oil rubbing into their fur.

“I usually prefer something lighter and sweeter for myself though or no scent at all but my own.” Tesni lifted a paw to her nose and sniffed delicately before casting a glance towards the water. It was a pleasant smell but heavy. “Care to join me for a swim?”  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games