Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Have sword, will travel: another fourth edition game. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 am
So, my idea of a campaign setting and idea for a game, forgive me if it's at all cliche or hackneyed, i've never done this before.

History

Once there were three kingdoms in the country of Naril: on the eastern shore lay the human nation of Bael Turath, nestled in the northern mountains was the dragon ruled empire of Arkosia, and in the eastern forests was the kingdom of Norath, an aliance between humans and elves. However, the three nations could not last, the greed of the Turathi leaders and legendary avarice of dragons drove two of the kingdoms to seek expansion and conquest, war inevitably followed. Norath could not stand before the approaching conflict, but rather than bowing to the two greater nations, the king of Norath sent word to those people with no nations to join Norath and stand against Arkosia and Turath both. At first he was rejected, often violently, but as the war escalated, the so-called savage races joined forces with Norath, and even managed to win the war in the name of this motley coalition.

Modern Day

At the end of the Nations' War, the possibility of the coalition crumbling and falling back into the chaos that spawned it loomed high, but rather than allow that, the king of Norath dissolved the alliance himself, along with his nation, declaring all people could claim citizenship in the new united nation of Naril. Today that king's grandson presides over a council of many races, and the united nation is alive and well. With no need to worry about every orc tribe or goblin warren, an age of exploration has begun, with bands of sellswords and explorers declaring themselves adventurers and trying to find their fortune. You are all members of one such group, adventurers for hire.

The Details

Sources allowed: i'm willing to allow any published sources except playtest articles, anything that comes out between now and when the game actually starts will be available at first level, as well. if you're not sure how something might fit in the setting (such as material from a published setting book), fell free to ask.
Races: all races welcome, including those in MM1, MM2 and bladelings. also, if any monster race has been fleshed out as a player race, use the player stats please. if you don't have the book or (more likely) a DDI account, i can provide the updated race info.
houserules and homebrew: i'm willing to allow it or am going to do it to get monster races on par with player races, as many are under or overpowered, and only one even has a racial feat. if you intend to play a half-elf, orc, duergar, kenku, bugbear, or bullywug I have some in mind you might care about before character creation. i won't bother with it if no one cares though, so let me know.
Character creation:Start at level one, 22 point buy as detailed in the PHB for abilities. Backstories will be encouraged but not mandatory. exp will not be awarded for them, but an appropriate magic item might be if i like it. Plus i'd like to incorporate them into the campaign story, if I can which everyone can enjoy. How and to what extent you know each other is up to you all to decide, but it's at least well enough to go into business together. If you want your adventuring company to have a business name, that's also yours to collectively decide. and lastly, i'm looking to have a five-man party. i like keeping it middle-of-the-road like that.

finally, just fyi on how the campaign will probably work, it'll be rather episodic to start, but a story will emerge about halfway through the heroic tier, and it should be pretty story-driven from there. assuming I don't suck.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:19 am
The party so far (5/5):
Kradh Runeseeker - Eladrin Wizard, played by Arc Vembris.
Akakios son of Theophylatos - Minotaur Paladin, played by Oshi the Killer
Toryc of the Shade - Gnoll Assassin, played by iDragow
Ultio - Human Cleric, played by NayrVentess
Nora - Razorclaw Seeker, played by PrismCity  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 am
I'm up for another game. I'm not playing in an actual campaign. Just running Call of Cthulhu, playing in Fool's Grove and the Coliseum.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 am
Sporkmaster
the idea i want to run is a world where basically monsters are people too, and the world's not quite so scary, so adventuring companies and explorers are at an all-time high. if you might join let me know, and if enough people are still willing to game, i'll put a full info post and things here.

So... it's Eberron?

I might join, being similarly freed up from Fool's Grove. I dunno, tell me more. I am in a lot right now but if it's interesting enough I might jump.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:04 pm
Depending on a few factors (like started level) - I may be interested.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:09 pm
I'm in quite a few games, but I feel I can juggle another, I am interested smile  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SkyCore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:16 pm
Interested!!

if its Eberron...

DOUBLE INTERESTED!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:46 pm
Arc Vembris
Sporkmaster
the idea i want to run is a world where basically monsters are people too, and the world's not quite so scary, so adventuring companies and explorers are at an all-time high. if you might join let me know, and if enough people are still willing to game, i'll put a full info post and things here.

So... it's Eberron?

I might join, being similarly freed up from Fool's Grove. I dunno, tell me more. I am in a lot right now but if it's interesting enough I might jump.
it won't have the technomage feel of eberron, but yeah it's got more in common with the setting than i realized.

starting level will be 1, i'm hoping to go the distance with this. i'll edit the first post with full setting info later, doesn't seem the guild's as far-gone as i'd thought. and here you guys had me worried. sweatdrop  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:58 pm
1; then I'd probably be in. Have had a character background I've been wanting to use. Not sure what I'd play.. background can work for any class, though race would probably be elf or human.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:58 pm
I'd also be interested. I have a char idea that sounds interesting to me in mind. I would need him to be either a swordmage or an avenger, though, since I can't make up a character who's not a striker. sweatdrop

As long as I can use either class, then I'll start making him ASAP.  

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:35 pm
iDragow
I'd also be interested. I have a char idea that sounds interesting to me in mind. I would need him to be either a swordmage or an avenger, though, since I can't make up a character who's not a striker. sweatdrop

As long as I can use either class, then I'll start making him ASAP.
swordmages aren't strikers, even if they aren't the burliest defenders in the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:50 pm
The setting information sounds good, I'll get to work on something tomorrow. For now, I have more prep to do. >.> I'll see what roles we're missing tomorrow.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:59 pm
If you're going swordmage then I'll shelf mine.I'm thinking that or a wizard. or maybe an artificer.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:07 pm
Well, swordmage would fit the build style I want to make better, but he's going to be overly religious, so Avenger would also work. In fact, probably just as well, if not better.

Alright, well, if we're doing this thing, I'll get started on him tonight, and probably have a character sheet up by the morning. =^_^=  

iDragow

Daelos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:35 pm
I'm game.. for this game.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items