Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Tamer Coliseum (Digimon PvP Card Battle Forum)
Battle System Tutorial

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 pm
Hello everyone, It's me Ken.
I'm here to demonstrate how the battle system works in Digimon: Tamer Island.

First off, You must find yourself an opponent or accept the challenge of a Tamer in the Tamer Coliseum Forum.
You can also pm each other asking if they want to battle.

User Image VS
For this tutorial, I will be battling with Grandwing, our Captain.
We will demonstrate a battle against a lower level Digimon and a higher level Digimon. (Wormmon [R] vs Thundermon [C])

*A word of caution, you must never delete any of your posts within this Forum or we will prohibit you in battling anymore. It is considered cheating.
If in case you made a mistake with the rolling of the dice, just tell it to your opponent and roll again.

STEPS

1. After finding yourself an opponent, decide on the Digimon you both will be fighting with. You can have it [R] vs [R] or [C] vs anything you would both agree on. If you have more than 1 Digimon, choose the one you will battle alongside.
No faking of Digimon! You really should have that Digimon you will be using in the battle. If possible, you need to show the Digimon art to your opponent.
Once we caught you faking a Digimon, you'll be prohibited from battling.
You should both discuss also in the LF: Digimon topic the wager you are both gonna agree on. You can wager Digivolution Items and cards but not Digimon.
Property of Digimon Tamer Island
*If in case you Digivolved your [R] Digimon to [C], you can still use its [R] Level in battling so do not worry. This goes for other forms except if you did not choose a [T] or [F] Digimon in the first place in the Digimon Registry, or won a Digimon in a Contest but do not have lower Levels, you cannot use it.

2. Go to this Forum and create yourselves a topic with the title of your match (eg. "[R] vs [C]" or anything you want just don't spam).
3. The creator of the topic will place the names of the Digimon including the Tamers plus the cards which you will be using for the battle.
You cannot change the cards after the battle has begun!
(eg. I am the creator of the topic so in the very first post, I will place/introduce "My Digimon (include art) and the cards we will be using")
^Nicknames of Digimon can be placed.
*You do not need to place a wager if you dont want to. Just remember to both agree on the wager and the loser of the match must give the wager to the winner. If in case the loser refuses to give the wager, please report it to us and we will ban that person.

4. After that, both Tamers should roll a 10-sided die 10 times on their first posts. The one with the higher dice roll will be the one who will attack first.
5. The opponent will then be next to attack. If in case offline, you MUST wait for them to be online and make their turn before you make yours.
It will always be alternate between you and your opponent. No one should make their move twice unless it is an effect of a card you activated.
If a wager is done and the opponent abandons the battle, they will be given a warning and must continue the battle. After 5 days and still off, they will be banned. In case of a vacation, they must inform their opponent before or in the middle of the match.

6. There are 4 options for you to do in your post:
-You should decide what to do, BEFORE hitting the "submit post" button otherwise it will be termed as cheating when caught.
a.) Attack Cost: 0 MP
b.) Defend (Heal MP) Cost: 0 MP
c.) Special attack Cost: 30 MP
d.) Recover (Heal HP) Cost: 30 MP

If you want to attack:
-Roll the corresponding number of 4 sided dice rolls on your attack. The chart is located below. The total will be immediately decreased from your opponent's Life points. This doesn't consume any MP.

If you want to Defend (Heal MP):
Roll the corresponding number of 4 sided dice rolls on your attack. The chart is located below. The total will be immediately added to your Digimon's MP.
Same rules apply.

If you want to Special Attack:
-Roll a 4 sided die but double the the dice you will be rolling.
for example, I have a [R] Digimon instead of me rolling a 4 sided die 3 times, I will be rolling a 4 sided die 6 TIMES.
HOWEVER, this will cost 30 MP regardless of the level.

If you want to Recover:
-it's the same rule as using a Special Attack.
Still roll a 4 sided die but double the the dice you will be rolling.
HOWEVER, instead of decreasing the total to the HP of your opponent, recover the HP of your Digimon instead.
This also costs 30 MP regardless of level.

7. In addition to attacking or healing on a single post, you can also activate a SUPPORT CARD on the same post.
These cards are the ones which will be consuming your MP.
sample card:
User Image
The amount which will be deducted on your MP is located on the LOWER RIGHT corner of the card. In this card, the amount which will be deducted on the MP is 10.
*You cannot use the same card again in the same battle unless you have more than 1 of that card.
*You can trade cards with a Tamer but it should be in the Digimon Card Cafe (Card Trade & Discussion Forum) for us to monitor easily.

8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until one Digimon is KO'd. You will be termed as the winner for that match if you Knock the opponent's HP into 0.

*Other questions? Ask in Jijimon House (Helpful Q & A Discussion Forum).

Regarding Cards:
Any Digimon can battle with the use of cards whether it is normal, limited, special or restricted.
1. Red cards are common. Basic cards in Tamer Island.
2. Blue cards are uncommon. Fewer than Red cards, most have greater effects than Red cards.
3. Gold cards are rare. Harder to obtain that Red and Blue cards. Most Gold cards have great effects for your Digimon in battles.
4. Green cards are luck cards. These cards need not be played in order to take effect but their effect activates only once when triggered like normal cards in battles.
5. White cards are support cards. These cards, like Green cards need not be played in order to take effect but their effect activates for the entire battle as long as the requirements are met.
6. Black cards are Forbidden cards. Can never be used in official Tournaments due to their strong effects.

*You will roll that number of 4 sided die when attacking depending on the level of your Digimon as stated by the chart above.
*Also, the MP of your Digimon is 10 times the dice roll and The HP of your Digimon is 20 times the dice roll which means:

Digimon Level Chart
Quote:
[F] - 20 HP, 10 MP, roll 1 4-sided dice
[T] - 40 HP, 20 MP, roll 2 4-sided dice
[R] - 60 HP, 30 MP, roll 3 4-sided dice
[C] - 80 HP, 40 MP, roll 4 4-sided dice
[A] - 100 HP, 50 MP, roll 5 4-sided dice
- 120 HP, 60 MP, roll 6 4-sided dice
[M] - 140 HP, 70 MP, roll 7 4-sided dice
[M^1] - 160 HP, 80 MP, roll 8 4-sided dice
[M^2] - 160 HP, 80 MP, roll 8 4-sided dice
[H-H] - 80 HP, 40 MP, roll 4 4-sided dice
[H-B] - 120 HP, 60 MP, roll 6 4-sided dice
[H-A] - 140 HP, 70 MP, roll 7 4-sided dice
[H-Z] - 160 HP, 80 MP, roll 8 4-sided dice
[?] - Generate a number from 1-10 before every battle and that would determine its Level, dice roll, HP and MP.

*Attributes: Virus, Data and Vaccine have a special role in this battle system so if your Digimon has 2 Attributes in the digidex only the first one placed is considered to be its Attribute.
*This battle system does not apply the triangle rule where "Vaccine beats Virus", etc. The cards will be the only thing that will show an effect.

Card REMINDERS
*Read these Guidelines to understand card usage better.
*Read the Rulebook to understand battle terminology.
*When adding HP to a Digimon with a card which states "increase Max HP", add the required HP to both the current and Max HP. (also applies to MP)
*Cards which increase or decrease the "attack" of a Digimon does increase or decrease the Special Attack unless specified in the card.
*If card doesn't specify "Max HP/MP", then it is the "HP/MP" being referred to.
*Activating cards should be done once per turn and at the start of your turn. Attacking, Defending, Healing ends your turn.
*Green and White cards cannot be targeted by card effects that mention "cannot activate cards", (such as Infinity Tower, Digimon Emperor) as these cards are auto-activated.

A very detailed tutorial is below.
Happy Battling!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 pm
(This is an example of the first post of your battle thread)

I should roll a 10-sided die 10 times on this post.
(if you forgot to roll then make your roll on a different post)
In this battle for example Grandwing has a higher dice total roll so he will move first.

User Image
Wormmon
Attribute: Virus
HP: 60/60
MP: 30/30

Cards: (You may decide on the number of cards you will be using for this battle. But the maximum is only 20 cards per battle. For this battle, we decided we will be using 3 cards each.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Let's get it on!!  

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

Grandwing
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:31 pm
User Image

Thundermon
Data
HP: 80/80
MP: 40/40

My Cards:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
Grandwing rolled 4 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 3 Total: 9 (4-16)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 pm
For example, I have a higher 10 sided dice roll in my last post so I shall make my move first.
Thundermon do your thunder bomber!

Also, I will use this card, DIGI-MODIFY!!:
YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE CARD PER TURN
*swipes card to digivice*
User Image
(This card is now considered used for this battle but it doesn't mean that it has been lost forever. Remember that the card you obtained will belong permanently to you unless you trade it with another.)

Results: (ONCE YOU SEE YOUR OPPONENT HAS ALREADY COMPUTED THE BATTLE RESULTS, THAT IS YOUR CUE FOR YOU TO POST AND ATTACK. NEVER POST IF YOUR OPPONENT IS STILL COMPUTING!)

Wormmon
HP: 60-9-5(card effect)=46/60
MP: 30/30
Effects: (place this effect slot for each of you to manage your battle easier)

Thundermon:
HP: 80/80
MP: 40-18=22/40
Effects: +5 attack this turn, Attribute=Virus

my thundermon is now a virus due to the effect of the card...XD  

Grandwing
Captain

Tamer Island-Ken rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-16)

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:11 am
It's my turn, wormmon....DIGIVOLVE
User Image
(My past number of dice to be rolled is 3 but due to the effects of DIGIVOLVE card, it will now be deducted by 1 which results to only 2 however it will be an 8 sided dice I will now be rolling!)

Now stingmon, attack thundermon with your evil antenna!

Results:
Wormmon
HP: 46+20(digivolve)=66/80
MP: 30-30=0+10(digivolve)=10/40

Thundermon:
HP: 80-3=77/80
MP: 22/40

(Awww maan weak!)  
Grandwing rolled 4 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 1 Total: 12 (4-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:17 am
Hahaha...
Thundermon will guard for now.
And I won't be using any card.

Results:
Wormmon
HP: 66/90
MP: 10/40

Thundermon:
HP: 77/80
MP: 22+12=34/40  

Grandwing
Captain

Tamer Island-Ken rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 am
I'll show you!
Digi-Modify!!:
User Image
I choose to increase stingmon's attack by 10

Stingmon, Moon shooter now!

Results:
Wormmon
HP: 66/80
MP: 10-10=0/40

Thundermon:
HP: 77-6-10=61/80
MP: 34/40  
Grandwing rolled 8 4-sided dice: 4, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2 Total: 24 (8-32)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:29 am
Thundermon do your SPECIAL ATTACK!
(remember the rules of using a special attack? Multiply the number of dice you will be rolling by 2 and that's how much dice you will be rolling for this turn. This will cost me 30 MP)
THUNDER VOLT!

Results:
Wormmon
HP: 66-24=42/80
MP: 0/40

Thundermon:
HP: 64/80
MP: 34-30=4/40  

Grandwing
Captain

Tamer Island-Ken rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:33 am
Ouch....I'll just attack..
I cannot use anymore cards because I lack MP.

Results:
Wormmon
HP: 42/80

Thundermon:
HP: 61-7=54/80
MP: 4/40  
Grandwing rolled 4 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 2, 3 Total: 10 (4-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:36 am
Here goes my attack...
thundermon attack stingmon!

Wormmon
HP: 42-10=32/80

Thundermon:
HP: 54/80
MP: 4/40

Wheee that was a fun match!
But we won't be continuing it anymore...
Just repeat the steps until one reaches the HP of 0.

~END TUTORIAL~  

Grandwing
Captain

Tamer Coliseum (Digimon PvP Card Battle Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games